The Need To Know ✔️

By kayesanae

"Tryna keep it low, keep 'em all on the need to know." Y'all getting a rewrite for sure. First update coming... More

copyright/disclaimer
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
tntk cast.
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
disclaimer/please read
A/N

thirty-four

2.9K 179 21
By kayesanae

(I'm not sure if I mentioned it in the last chapter, but it's only February 9th. Both of these chapters are the morning of Feb. 9th, just told in two diff perspectives.)

(This chapter will be long you guys, my apologies in advance😘.)

Shay Marie Carson

"Mommy was that my sister?" Dior asked when she walked down the stairs. "Can I talk to her?"

I sighed, but then smiled quickly so Dior wouldn't worry. "She had to get ready for school, baby, just like you." I waved her over. "Why you didn't fix your collar?" I asked, tucking it in for her, then pulling her into the living room so I could do her hair.

Using some EcoStyle and Black Panther edge control, i swooped her thick, course hair into two puffballs, and got her things ready before leading her out the door and over to my Hyundai Santa Fe.

"You think Mr. Kyro is up right now? Can I call him?" She asked after I strapped her in and closed the door, then got strapped in the front seat myself.

Dior's daddy, Vice, died when she was one, and Evre was twelve. He was actually murdered in the alleyway behind the house we stayed in at the time, him and Evre had both been robbed at gunpoint.

Anyway, since we were on good terms at the time, and Kyro was stepping up to be a father for Evre, he'd decided to do the same with Dior. They had a close relationship, and loved each other like she was his actual daughter he was her actual father.

"It's early, D." I told her, stopping at a stop sign about a block or two down from her school. "He probably still sleep."

"But Sebastian, Darren, Dawn, and Serenity have to go to school. They should be up." She urged as I pulled off.

I sucked my teeth lowly. I ain't wanna deal with my triflin' ass baby daddy this early in the morning, but to make my baby happy I would walk through hell and high water. Including dealing with my baby daddy.

Truly, I didn't have to, cause it wasn't like we raised a fuck up. Evre was really grown as hell, and hadn't asked her daddy for shit since she started her job, according to her, she stacking to pay for her own lessons before her daddy bought the car. My baby was really growing up and didn't really need my help anymore.

"Hello?" Kyro answered on the second ring. "Didn't I just tell you to fuckin' stop?" He yelled to one of his kids in the background. "Imma punch you straight in yo' jaw in a minute! Damn! Hello?" He turned back to the phone.

"Dior wanna talk to you." I replied plainly before handing the phone over.

"Hello? Good mornin' Mr. Kyro!" She cooed. "Yeah I'm on the way to school now. We didn't have school yesterday, they said it was a "free day"." She explained. "Yeah, I got all my homework done, don't nobody have to worry about that." She assured, making me chuckle.

They talked for a little while longer, and sooner rather than later, I had pulled up in front of the same elementary school Evre went to years ago.

Damn this brought back memories.

"Alright, D. You gotta gone on to class before you be late."

"Okay, mommy. Hello? Serenity? I have to call you back cause mommy said I gotta go to class. I'll call you when I got home. Ok! Love you too!" She squealed as she handed me my phone back, and I smiled internally. Dior would never get the chance to grow up with her biological siblings, since my oldest was dead, my next two were MIA, and her daddy wasn't around to give her more siblings.

Although it may have seemed a little unorthodox to some, I was glad she would still get that chance to have siblings with Evre's daddy's side. They loved the fuck outta her just like she loved the fuck outta them.

"Here mommy, Mr. Kyro wants to talk to you. Bye." She said, and kissed me on the cheek before hopping out the backseat.

"I love you!" I called after her.

"Love you too!" She yelled out before she got swept up with all the kids.

"Hello?" I asked, confused as to what the fuck Kyro had to say to me. It had only been about two days since we had fucked up my baby's birthday, and truthfully, I had nothing to say to him. "What chu want?"

"Damn." He paused. "It's 7:45 in the mornin', fuck you so hostile for?"

"It's you." I answered. "Besides when I first met you up to the first three months in our marriage when have I ever not been hostile?" I asked, and he didn't say anything for a moment. "What chu want, Ro? Is everything alright—"

"I called to apologize."

I sighed, my jaw clenched as I tightened my hand around the wheel and pulled away from the stoplight, as I was rendered speechless.

For all the shit he did to me and my baby, Kyro never apologized... ever.  I never even knew he knew how to do the shit, cause he never offered, not even in an attempt to sweet talk me out my panties. Which he'd done more times than I cared to admit.

"You think I'm the one you need to apologize to?"

"If I don't apologize we ain't never gone move on from the shit, you gone hold that shit in, and then it's another thing imma get threw back in my face."

That was true.

"Okay." I responded timidly as I pulled up in front of the house. Even after I parked, I still didn't get out the car. I wanted it hear what he had to say.

"I fucked up a lot. Imma fuck up," he admitted. "Still, that wasn't no excuse to do you and E the way I did y'all, and for that I really do apologize. I was childish as fuck back then, and I still am, but I could really say... even though I was damn near ten kids in by then, you really got the worst of me. I was a evil ass person when it came to you and I can't even tell you the reason why to keep it a hunnit, we just bring out the worst in each other." That I agreed with. "We gotta come to some type of common ground, Shay. Cause the shit that happened at E's party can't happen again." I did a deep breath after weighing over my thoughts. "You forgive me?"

I paused, hesitating for a moment.

It was wrong for me to confront Kyro the way I did at my baby's party. That I knew, and I regretted it dearly. However, it was just so much shit that I couldn't get over.

It was one thing to treat me the way he did, but he had basically said fuck me and my baby when we moved down here, and that was just some shit that would never have me looking at him the same again.

For him to willingly decide not to be in child's life at all and leave us struggling really hurt me.

"Why did you bring Diamond down to E's birthday?" I finally asked after a while.

"That's her step momma— that's my wife."

"Yeah- the bitch you cheated on me wit three months into our marriage, I know. And E won't ever call that bitch step momma. Why did you bring her?"

"It was gone look wrong if I didn't. E ain't have a problem wit it." I sighed. She didn't. Evre tolerated the shit outta Ro's wife.

"Did you cheat on her too?" I'd finally asked the question that had really been fucking with me.

I knew it was wrong, but in the back of my mind, I hoped that he was. It would have hurt the fuck out of me knowing that he gave a bitch he cheated on me with something I could never get from a man I was so in love with. And to this day, I would never understand why.

"Shay."

"Ro." His absence of answer let me know exactly what my answer was.

"I'on forgive you right now, Ro."

"That's good, I ain't expect you to. I got some shit in life I need to work out. Sebastian— you know what, where my belt at?" He asked one of his younger kids rhetorically.

"No! No! I got my backpack right here, see?" The little boy urged in the background.

Kyro did not play with his kids, he didn't give a fuck if it was one of "daddy's little girls" or his "mini-mes", none of his kids were exempt from an ass-whooping.

"Bash, go downstairs." Kyro breathed out like he was stressed.

Shit with four little ones I would be too. I'm stressed out with one.

"We cool Shay?"

I sighed before answering, and twisted the ring around my right index. "Yeah. We good."

"Coo'." He said and it got quiet. "You talked to E?"

I nodded. "This mornin' when she was gettin' ready for school."

"So she actually went." He muttered.

"What chu mean? She be skipping?" I didn't play when it came to school. Whether she was going through something or not if I found out Evre was slacking in school she would have to see me.

"Hell nah." He said quick. "Evre crazy but she ain't stupid."

Kyro and me had different parenting styles, but school was one thing we agreed on, and we didn't play no games when it came to that.

"What she say when you talked to her?"

"She said she was good." I sighed. "She don't feel no type of way about it."

"You believe that?"

"Hell nah," we both chuckled.

Evre didn't know how to express her emotions. Or, she just didn't want to. Instead, she bottled everything in and allowed it to fuck her up, which was how she ended up taking pills and overdosing, until she fucked around and snapped one random as day, which was how she ended up in juvenile detention for aggravated assault.

It had been that way since she was younger. Even when we took her to therapy sessions, she never expressed herself. She would sit there and stare at the lady until the time was over.

"You talked to her?" I asked.

"Nah."

I made a face. "Why not?"

He sighed. "Cause Evre don't fuckin' like me, Shay."

"What the fuck that gotta do wit'chu apologizing to yo' baby about fuckin' her day up and embarrassin' her?"

"So now she "my baby"." He snarled.

"I ain't make her my damn self! Right?"

"Did you apologize, Shay?"

I sighed. "Where that shit even come from Kyro? Fuck you mean she'on like you?" I asked, dodging his question.

I knew Evre didn't forgive me, although she said she did.

"Nah, we beat around the bush a lot with that shit, but Evre don't fuck wit me Shay, her or Heir. She ain't even want me at the party. The only time she even talked to me was when I pulled up in the Tesla." He replied, and I nodded. That was true.

That big ass blowout we had wasn't even supposed to happen. It was just supposed to be me and my momma's side of the family. Kyro the one that took it into his hands to "surprise her".

"Well, you denied Heir for the first nine years of his life you triflin' bitch." I said. "And second, that would be all the more reason to talk to her right? Y'all relationship ain't never gone improve if y'all just ignoring the issue." I pointed. "Y'all cool right now?"

"When we cool and when we not cool is all the same. She either not here, or when she is she up in her damn room. Even on good terms we'on speak."

"And who fault is that?"

"She a kid." He responded. "I ain't finna kiss her ass and beg her to talk to me."

"I'm not sayin' you have to, but at least make some effort."

"You should know Evre don't respond to effort all the time."

"Well." I sighed. "Betta' get ready to do some beggin' then."

-

April 8th, 2017
     I stood up as the doctor walked over. My heart beat so fast it made chest hurt, my legs were weak, my hands were sweaty and my stomach was making me feel queasy and light headed.

     I had to know what was going on with my baby.

     "Evre is going to absolutely fine. I won't lie, we'd lost her once but we did revive her." The doctor assured. "There were high amounts of Oxycodone in her system, so we did have to stomach pump, she might be in a little bit of pain, but she will face withdrawal, so keep that in mind and be prepared for it." The doctor advised. "I do have some pamphlets. It may be best that Evre go to a rehabilitation facility for teens." He handed me the small paper and I nodded, then placed it in my back pocket.

"When can I see her?" I asked him.

"Now is fine." He replied with a nod and a shrug. "She might be up and she might not. If she is, then she will be a littler woozy. But I promise you everything is fine." He assured, then gave me a hug before walking off.

"So what he say?" Rai'Elle strained, walking up. Her eyes were bloodshot red and snot glistened her lip and bags sat under her eyes.

I took a deep breath and explained everything the doctor told me, and Rai'Elle nodded as she took deep breaths to calm herself down.

"Where my niece at?" I heard Ford's voice ring throughout the waiting room. He stormed past the security and the monitors, over to where me and Rai were standing. "Where my baby at, Shay? She good?" He asked me, getting in my face. I could see the dried tear marks on his cheeks, the redness in his eyes and on his nose, and the worry lines that adorned his forehead.

     "I-I," I took a breath and explained to them how I walked in and seen E lying on the floor in the bathroom unresponsive, and how I sped to the hospital and what the doctor told me.

   "Can we see her?" I nodded and he pushed past me, along with Rai'Elle, up to the desk. I followed, and once we got our passes, headed to the room she was in.

     Evre was asleep when we got there. Her chest rose up and down as she breathed in and out, she had wires coming out every which way they could go, hooked up to the machines and stuff.

     I could literally feel my heart break, as I stared at my daughter laid out on the bed.

     What the fuck?

     I backed out of the room and leaned against the wall to catch my breath. When I finally got my heart rate under control, I pulled out my phone to call Kyro to let him know what happened.

     "Hello?" A female's voice entered from the receiving end.

     "Is Kyro there?" I asked, crossing my arms shifting my weight from one foot to the other.

     "What chu want him for?" She snarled.

     "Bitch, cause I fuckin' want him. Go get Kyro."

     "I ain't gotta go get shit. And if you don't tell me what the fuck you want my nigga for I'm bout to hang up."

     "Diamond..." I breathed. "Me and you both know you can't fight for shit, don't make me catch a flight, bitch. Put my fuckin' baby daddy on the phone, ol cum guzzlin' ass ho."

     "I could be all'at," she laughed some. "Cause at the end of the day, I still got his ring, his estate, and his kids, stop playin' on my fuckin' name, Shay. Call his phone again and see where the fuck that get chu." She growled. "Trick."

CLICK!

• • • • •

Lmk how y'all feel about this chapter?

How y'all feel about Kyro and Shay's relationship with each other now that they've had that discussion? Their relationship with Evre?

Thank you for reading😘
Remember to vote & comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 737 22
Hi guys! I can't really write a blurb for this story without telling you the whole thing. So, read it to find out! Updates are at least once a week!
165K 3.8K 46
June 2021 - July 20. 2022 I'm bad at showing how I really feel but I want you to know I care about you. You showed more than my own parent could, mo...
1.1K 53 20
GUYS THIS STORY IS BEING UPDATED!!! ONLY THE FIRST CHAPTER IS UPDATED SO THE OTHERS DON'T MAKE ANY SENSE. IF YOU WANT TO READ IT WHEN IT'S DONE, SAV...
5.9K 147 3
A question brought them together ... This story is part of a series... #Steter #Stiles_Stilinski #Peter_Hale