Deviance | 18+ | βœ“ | REWRITING

By eclipsc

[PLEASE READ PREFACE/SUMMARY] ❛Shhh... take it like a good student❜ Now entering her final semester of colleg... More

p r e f a c e / s u m m a r y . [new]
p r o l o g u e . [rewritten]
i . [rewritten]
i i .
i i i .
i v .
v .
v i .
v i i .
v i i i .
i x .
x .
x i .
x i i .
x i i i .
x i v .
x v .
x v i .
x v i i .
x v i i i .
x i x .
x x .
x x i .
x x i i .
x x i i i .
x x i v .
x x v .
x x v i .
x x v i i .
x x v i i i .
x x x .
x x x i .
x x x i i .
x x x i i i .
x x x i v .
x x x v .
x x x v i .
x x x v i i .
x x x v i i i .
x x x i x .
x l .
e p i l o g u e .
a f t e r w o r d .
e t c .

x x i x .

361K 11K 11K
By eclipsc

After practically jumping out of her bed and into the shower, Marie packed in lightening speed despite her body begging for extra sleep. She kept checking out her window onto the street in front of her house in case Nathaniel's driver came early.

The clock read 7:50 AM meaning the car should be at the Mor's house any moment. Marie was in good mood despite having to get up so early. How whipped do you have to be to wake up early for someone?

Rian had heard the commotion and entered Marie's room half asleep and rubbing his eyes, almost scaring the girl out of her wits. "Are you leaving? Already?"

"You still don't knock?" Marie retorted, throwing her backpack over her shoulder. "And yes, I am."

"Papa isn't even up and Ma isn't driving you."

Marie looked at Rian with a blank expression before he realized, rolling his eyes.

"Gross."

Nudging the young boy out of her way jokingly, Marie pattered downstairs to the kitchen in hopes to whip up some coffee.

Instead, she ran into her mother who was making herself her own cup. "Marianna? It's awfully early."

"I'm leaving." Marie opened the fridge but it was mostly full of leftovers from last night. She frowned. She just wanted a bagel.

"Who's picking you up?" Marie's mother asked, mildly concerned but mostly compliant. For the most part, she let Marie have her independence once she reached 18.

"The guy I went on a date with earlier."

Marie's mother just rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her coffee. "Are you still taking your birth control?"

"Ew, Ma." While her parents may be aware of her sexual activity, Marie didn't want to think about it.

"Marianna, listen to me."

Marie turned towards her mother, expecting a lecture. But it turned out to be one of the most genuine conversations the two women have had in a while.

"You're my daughter. My only daughter," Marie mothered spoke. "I'm raising you to be a strong woman. You may not agree with my ways... but it's from a sincere place."

Her mother wasn't wrong - Marie didn't agree with her ways. She opted for pressure and fear, over trust and compassion.

"I understand." Marie wasn't forcing her response or lying, because at the end of the day, she understood.

"Get back safe and call more."

The mother and daughter exchanged a brief hug. Marie knew her mother was one of the strongest women she knew in her own way, and she held that close.

Marie said her goodbyes to her half-asleep brother and father. Rian had gotten a smartphone for his birthday which was on his desk. Unable to unlock it, Marie scribbled her phone number on a post-it note and stuck it on the screen - letting Rian know to call her whenever he needed to.

The same car that Marie remembered entering after the conference with Nathaniel was waiting outside. Grabbing all her stuff, Marie made her way out. She smiled at the driver with a blush as he opened the door for her.

The guy better have an NDA contract with Nathaniel with the number of times he had seen the girl get in his car.

✥  ✥  ✥

Marie was asleep the entire car ride to Nathaniel's apartment complex. She clutched her bag like a pillow and drifted off peacefully thanks to the chauffeur's smooth driving skills.

Hearing the car come to a stop and the door unlock after a good hour and half, Marie woke up to find herself in the midst of her college's downtown city. She didn't even get the chance to let out a yawn as the passenger door open.

"Shh, I got you."

Her eyelids still heavy as she rubbed her eyes, Marie could tell it was Nathaniel from just his voice. She smiled as she saw the stunning man in jeans and a casual sweater. Marie wanted to drag her lips and hands over the trimmed stubble he had grown out over break.

Marie nudged her way out of the car door before getting swooped up bridal style by Nathaniel. She yelped as he planted a kiss on her forehead. It was bright and early the day after Thanksgiving so the city was empty. "Still tired? I know it's early."

Marie nodded groggily.

"Go back to sleep. I'll take you up."

Nathaniel took Marie and her bag into the complex, up the elevator, and into his apartment. She nuzzled into his shoulder, the wood and blush keynotes of his cologne drifting her back to sleep. She made a note to ask him for a bottle of whatever the hell he used.

The student felt her body engulf itself in soft sheets and a silk comforter as a pair of strong arms lowered her into a bed. Marie hadn't even notice Nathaniel taking her up the steps, too engrossed in the feeling of his toned muscles holding her close.

"Do you have to go back to your family?" Marie asked softly, settling into Nathaniel's bed. The professor looked down at her sweetly, brushing his thumb across her cheek.

"Nope, I told them I have work... which isn't actually a lie," Nathaniel replied, pulling his laptop out from the bed stand and getting under the covers with Marie. He began getting to work, letting Marie lean up against him with an arm around her.

It felt so domestic.

"Plus," Nathaniel continued, "I wanted to be here to see you. The driver offered to bring you up but I can't stand the thought of you alone with another man."

Marie was cutely taken aback at Nathaniel's possessiveness. She had never found the trait attractive or alluring, often seeing it as toxic. But with her professor - she knew it wasn't out of insecurity like most of her past partners.

Propping herself up on her elbows, Marie looked straight at Nathaniel with a spirited expression. "You do know I have other professors right?"

Nathaniel quickly shoved Marie back down onto her back with enough force to rattle the bed frame. Marie whined as she felt her hair get pulled back as Nathaniel forcefully tilted her head to meet his eyes.

"I swear to God, you test me every day," Nathaniel muttered, not softening his grip. "Close your eyes. Go to bed."

The professor finally let go of the young girl's hair. Marie massaged her scalp grumpily despite her raised adrenaline from the moment.

"And if I don't want to?" Marie retorted.

"I'll gag your mouth shut until you do."

Marie stilled. She knew the shift in Nathaniel's tone when he meant something - and right now he wasn't kidding around. His eyes bore into her, filled with warning.

Yeah, Marie wasn't keen on falling asleep with a ball-gag tied around her mouth.

Nathaniel smiled in satisfaction as Marie succumbed, shifting her weight onto her side in an attempt to rest better. Marie watched as he checked his email, a sudden thought coming to her mind...

"Did you get President Stinton's email before break?" Marie asked softly. She wasn't the only one curious about the professor's reaction - the entire student body was surprised at the announcement that the older president was not stepping down.

"Don't worry about it, Marie."

"You were supposed to take his place..."

"And I will."

Marie hesitated. "Just... be careful."

It was obvious what Marie was referring to. If Stinton was looking to snoop around...

Nathaniel set his laptop aside and tilted Marie's chin up gently so she met his eyes. The usual darkened hue was now softened with specks of warmth and... care.

"Be a good girl for me and go to sleep... and maybe I'll wake you up with something nice."

Catching onto Nathaniel's sly tilt, Marie smiled blushingly. She buried herself into Nathaniel's side under the cover, letting herself catch up on some extra rest.

"Make yourself at home, angel."

Marie smiled. This was home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7M 1.1M 68
Deadly assassins Allegra and Ace have been trying in vain to kill each other for years. With a mutual enemy threatening their mafias, they find thems...