Answer To My Life

By makingmxmories

After becoming best friends on Tumblr and exchanging posts, Idalia finds out that the girl she's been crushin... More

answer to my life
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i ve
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s e v e n

t w e n t y - s i x

351 23 37
By makingmxmories

Long chapter ahead!

After getting over the inevitable cold we experience, we're back to seeing each other.

Time has certainly gone by quickly, because now it's somehow my last day of high school. I'm moving on from the stage of my life that's seen as formative by some, and dreaded by others.

For me, I'm thankful that I survived it. High school brought upon so many disastrous times for me, but I think that I also have a lot of sweet memories which I'll remember for the rest of my life. There really is no time like high school; where a bunch of growing and awkward teenagers are expected to learn together.

Now, we move on to the next stage in our lives where we have a bit of a better idea of who we are.

I'm walking through the halls and running into people who I'll likely never see again. The day is a bittersweet one. The blue and yellow walls I once saw as daunting are just that. Walls. What I was once terrified of will now be out of my life.

Elliot meets me along the way as I'm walking through the school hallways. No one is in class, and all of the seniors have resorted to doing whatever they want. Including me and Elliot.

They can't give this many students a detention, especially not on the last day of school.

Elliot goes on and on about how he's going to miss his precious boyfriend. He tells me how no one else could possibly relate to it.

I decide to let him have his moment, and I don't mention that I'm dating someone who I'm really going to miss. A lot of people are probably feeling that way.

Some people, like Elise, are clearly feeling that way.

When we walk past the group of sports obsessed people, I see her making out with her football player boyfriend as if it's the last time they'll ever see each other. He's this tall blonde guy with dull grey eyes that lack personality. I know this because I've shared a few classes with him and it's like talking to a brick wall. She had started dating him shortly after I awkwardly asked her about Tumblr.

I don't think I'll ever live down that embarrassment. That's why I practically run past her. That obviously annoys Elliot, and he tells me to slow down.

Next, we walk past the grand gym that's crowded by people. Some are students that I haven't seen since primary school. Some are idiots that I resent for being mean to me. Some are strangers that I never met and in reality, never will meet.

That saddens me.

There are so many people that can change your life but only by chance will you meet them. You could meet them in a class. Down the hallways. It could lead to a long friendship or it could lead to them being your worst enemy.

I don't dwell on it too long. Today should be a joyful day where we leave behind the memories of our home town. Except, I'm obviously sad to be leaving it behind. Of course, I'm also thankful to be leaving and escaping from this place.

At that moment, Zara bumps into me and rolls her eyes when she realizes it's me. She walks away without apologizing.

That's also why I'm thankful to be leaving.

We never spoke again after that horrible date at the movie theater, and I'm happier for it. Whenever we see each other, she always glares at me. I imagine that she's might still be frustrated with me over my rejection at times.

I'm over what happened between us, and I can't hold onto things like that. We had different priorities and needs, why doesn't she see that? Of course, she might know that, but she also might just want to continue ignoring me anyway.

I suppose I can't blame her for that, it's not like I would try to become best friends with someone who wasn't committed. I don't think that she would appreciate me trying to talk to her after we already gained our closure. She's still a kind soul, but we just weren't meant for each other. It would have been a painful path for both of us, and ultimately, Marina is the one for me.

Speaking of Marina, I catch her walking down the hallways. She's with a school friend whose name I can't seem to recall right now. As Marina had told me though, she didn't want me to bother remembering names of school friends. There's a difference between school friends and real friends, and that line meant everything to her.

She sees me and tells her friend goodbye, then heads over to me.

Elliot mutters under his breath, "hm, clingy."

I lightly shove him and tell him, "shut up. You're just saying that because Isaac got mad at you for being too clingy."

I was right, and Elliot clearly knows that since he shifts uncomfortably and doesn't say anything more. At times, I was surprised at how they were still dating. Isaac is so uptight and serious, while Elliot is. . . Elliot. He's loud and bold, and not everyone can appreciate his personality.

Marina's joy is present in her face, and she leans in to kiss me on the cheek.

"Ugh, couples everywhere," Elliot says.

I roll my eyes at him, and he shrugs. He's just upset because he misses his boyfriend who's currently on a trip to celebrate his oncoming graduation. I've never understood people that go on trips like that, since my family has never been that extravagant about these kinds of events.

Marina takes my hand into hers, and I feel the same sparks as always. I like moments like these. They're so simple but so meaningful.

Despite all of the people in the school, I'm only focused on her. I'm focused on how she smiles. How she says my name. How she's just so. . . Marina. I don't think there's anyone quite like her on this Earth.

Elliot dramatically says, "I have to go! I will not be the third wheel."

I know that he's joking around, so I tell him, "go be a third wheel somewhere else."

As he's walking away, he hears me and turns back around, shooting me the middle finger. I stick my tongue out, but he's already on his way to talk to another group of people.

We're so mature.

Our friendship dynamic hasn't really changed since the day we met all those years ago. I know that I'll miss him too. I also know that he feels the same way but he won't show it.

Marina faces me, and says, "is there anywhere you want to go next?"

"I think I've completed all of my stops. Is there anywhere you want to go?"

She laughs, and tells me, "let's be real, Idalia. I didn't really do anything at this school. The only thing that made it amazing was you. I'm already here with you, so I don't need to go anywhere else."

I look around the hallway we're in, and find that the teachers and security guards are already busy talking with students. No one is focused on Marina and I. An idea comes to my mind, and I think that we might actually be successful with going through with it.

"Do you want to do something crazy?" I ask Marina.

A certain spark is in her eyes, and she responds, "yes."

  That's how we end up ditching school and going to a beach across town. We walked half the distance, and then took a bus the rest of the way there.

She holds my hand as we walk onto the sandy surface. Somehow, the beach is deserted.

It makes the sight so much prettier without people trying to get in the way. I look up, and find that the clouds don't even interrupt the sun's powerful appearance. It makes the waves glitter, and creates a magical view.

Leaves fallen from the colorful trees nearby are trapped in the sand. Branches have made their way to the ground and force you to watch out. Rocks, probably thrown by children days beforehand, are scattered across the ground. The beach is full of imperfections that make the scene more real.

Somehow, I'm not too focused on that. Instead, I'm looking at Marina who's staring intently at the water as if nothing else exists.

"It's really something, isn't it, Sea?"

I bring up her nickname just for the pure purpose of making a pun.

She grins, and then looks up, saying, "the nice weather makes it so much better, right, Sun?"

"Why did you choose Sea as your name?" I ask suddenly.

"Before I moved here, I practically lived on the water. I was one of those people that lived in a house on the beach. So, my parents made a habit of calling me that. Sea. It brings me good memories of the time they were together."

She's upset at the last part, so I decide to hold her hand. Her face is wiped clean of the sadness, and she turns the question to me, "What about you? Why Sun?"

I can sense that she's still upset about the mention of her parents, but I don't think that I should push her to talk to about it when she doesn't want to. She'll come to me about it when she wants to, and I simply have to respect that. So, I decide to answer her question with the honest but lamest thing ever.

"To be honest, I just used Google and searched up what my name meant. There's no deep explanation about it."

"What?" She asks in disbelief.

I laugh, since she clearly expected something smart and symbolic. I'm not like her though. I remember the day we first started messaging each other. She asked me about my name and I had no idea what to tell her. I did the first thing I thought of and found my name on the internet. I wish that I could tell her it was something crazy deep as what she said, but it isn't.

Not everything is meant to have another meaning underneath.

"Do you want to move closer to the waves?"

She's hesitant, and admits, "I don't want my outfit to get ruined."

I nod my head, since she's right. She's wearing a casual floral light blue dress that reaches right above her knees. I look down at my own outfit. More specifically, my long blue jeans that will easily get wet.

She's always thinking of the obvious.

If our clothes get touched by the water, that'll ruin our plan to get out of here and back home without anyone knowing where we were.

What happens next would be unexpected if I had done it, but it's completely shocking when Marina does it.

"Fuck it!" She yells, and she suddenly shoves me into the waves.

The water washes over me, and I'm peacefully trapped in the feeling. It makes me feel as if I'm floating, even if it only lasts for a second. When the exciting emotions wears off, I realize that Marina just pushed me in.

"What the hell, Marina?" I scream, as I try to walk back to her, despite my clothes weighing down on me because of the water.

She's surprised by my reaction, and immediately starts, "I'm so sorry. Seriously, I'm really so-"

"Shut up," I tell her, and with that, I use all my strength to push her into the water.

She squeals, and falls back.

People that are watching us from afar would probably think that we're trying to murder each other, when in reality, this is just some of the most romantic moments we have.

What isn't romantic about being shoved into the water without a single notice beforehand?

She pulls herself out, and her clothes are completely soaked. We'll need hours, probably even a day, for our outfits to return to their dry state.

"Why'd you push me in?" I ask.

"You wanted to be closer to the water," she teases.

She's incredibly foolish, but I find it cute. I don't even worry about how I'll explain my appearance to my parents, because right now I find that I don't even care.

I'm living in the moment with Marina and that's more than enough for me. When I'm with her, it's as if nothing else matters. My worries disappear and I become a new version of myself.

A better version of myself.

There will be one more chapter that works as a chapter to show them in the future. I hope that you've enjoyed the book! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 927 37
It would be fair to say that Celeste Patel's life is ruined. She's been forced to enter college- the time where she wanted to reinvent herself, as...
10.5K 518 17
Kyla and Holly are not meant to know each other, not meant to know the other ones secrets, not meant to be dating. Yet they do. The two girls have be...
285K 5.8K 18
Jennie hasn't been very lucky in love or sex since her high school relationship didn't end well. Now a freshmen in college Jennie is hoping she can...
7.1K 227 18
[There are spelling problem,I will try looking for them when I'm publishing a chapter] "Mom!!,alessia is scaring me with a her lizard!!"I screamed cr...