Just My Luck - [Komahina] (CO...

By Honee_Bun

Nagito was being too hard to Hajime because of his status being a reserve course student. But what will happe... More

[I] - Prologue
[II] - Friend
[III] - Fun
[IV] - Bet
[VI] - Sacrifices
[VII] - Debate Club
[VIII] - Restart
[IX] - Certainty
[X] - Alone
[XI] - Hate After All
[XII] - Coward
[XIII] - Party Rockers In the House Tonight
[XIV] - It's Party Rock Is!
[XV] - Indirect Confession
[XVI] - Leave Me Alone!
[XVII] - No More
[XVIII] - Epilogue
[Bonus Chapter] - Date!
Bloopily BLOOP. BOOK.

[V] - Hate?

9.3K 311 2.2K
By Honee_Bun

Komaeda returned the clip Hinata found to Nanami. Nanami was almost late to school because of it. The clip is very special to her.

They spent the whole time in school gaming and eating Hanamura's cooking. Komaeda couldn't wait for it to end. And finally, it did.

"Nagito. You're going to my house," Nanami demanded while pointing at her friend.

Komaeda put his stuff away and stood up. He puts his bag on his shoulder.

"What for?" He asked.

"It's Friday, and I want us to hang out," she explained.

Komaeda thought it was Monday because of how slow each day is. He's happy to know about that information, though. He agreed.

He appreciates having company during weekends sometimes. No one wants to hang out with trash like him anyway...

"But first, we have to tell Hajime about it," she said.

The ultimate lucky student noticed that she completely dropped the honorifics and last name.

The ultimate gamer noticed Komaeda's judging stare, so she spoke about it.

"He's fine with me calling him by his first name."

"Oh... are you together?" Komaeda asked. Now that he thought about it, it's awfully suspicious.

"No, you luckster. Hajime is like a brother to me," she said.

Komaeda blinked a couple of times. That was quick. Probably three days after being friends, she thinks of him as a brother.

"Come on," she said as she walks to the exit.

Komaeda followed her. They finally left the empty classroom. Somehow, Komaeda felt relief. He sighed in annoyance when he noticed that they're going back to the reserve course building again.

Nanami stopped before they reach there. She turned to her friend while clutching on her cute backpack.

"I'll join a club, Nagito. You're free to join with me."

Komaeda slowly nodded.

"And Hajime is in that club too," Nanami mentioned.

Komaeda's chances of joining dropped.

In the middle of the reserve course building and the main course building are the clubs. They both stopped in front of the debate club. Debate club... that's so boring. Just like Hinata, Komaeda thought.

The ultimate gamer gently opened the door. Naegi Makoto greeted them with a smile. He placed the tea down the table and went to them.

Komaeda froze as he widened his eyes. Naegi Makoto, the same talent as him. The ultimate lucky student but better. Possibly the ultimate hope! Komaeda internally freaked out.

"Hello, Nanami-San. Nice of you to drop in," he greeted. "Hi there too Komaeda-Kun."

Komaeda nearly fainted when Naegi noticed him. He thought he wouldn't notice him because people don't like looking at trash.

"Hi," Komaeda replied stiffly.

"Komaeda-Kun! Nanami-san! I'm glad that you came to visit me."

Komaeda's mood went complete 180 when Hinata approached them. His mood completely changed when Hajime walked towards them.

The fluffy-haired luckster forced a smile.

"Saihara-chan, you emo bitch! How dare you steal my Panta!" Suddenly, there's a commotion.

Everyone looked at what was happening.

A short dark purple haired student was hitting the ravenette with an empty bottle of grape juice

"Oookay. Club dismissed," Naegi said.

"You need to recruit normal club members, Makoto." The ultimate affluent progeny, Togami Byakuya, said as he fixed his glasses.

"Let's go home, big brother," Naegi Komaru said. Naegi-San is in middle school yet, but she's volunteering here.

The club members packed up their stuff and headed home. Nanami and Komaeda waited outside the clubroom. Komaeda watched as Nanami played with her game while sitting on the floor.

"Sorry I took a while," Hinata rushed outside the door.

"That's alright," Nanami said, turning off her game as she stood up.

"Let's all hang out tomorrow," she suggested.

Komaeda looked away. Of course, she's going to invite him.

"Really? You guys would let me? Is it okay for you?" Hinata asked in disbelief yet pure happiness.

"I personally would object,t but-"

Nanami attempted to stomp the ultimate lucky student's foot, but he dodged. Nanami looked at him, frustrated. She pouted at him, clenching her fists. "Nagito, can you shut up?"

Her having more respectable ultimate than Komaeda made him follow her demand.

"Sure... I can hang out," Hinata smiled sweetly.

Komaeda thought that Hajime should be honored that he gets to hang out with ultimates like them. The thought of bragging it to his classmates made Komaeda sick.

"Cool. Let's meet at Hope Park tomorrow," she said.

After that, everyone decided to walk to the exit together.

Komaeda is picky with the people he hangs out with. Why is Hinata even a friend to Chiaki?

Everyone said their goodbyes and went to their homes.

The alarm Komaeda set didn't turn off and wake him up. Instead, the sunlight beaming through his curtains did.

The lucky student groaned as he changed his sleeping position. It didn't make him go back to sleep.

He checked his phone to check the time. 8:25 am.An hour away from what they all planned to meet up.

He spent minutes laying down. He eventually got up to start the day. The luckster decided to wear his favorite jacket. He wore his shirt with some red signs in it. He finally put on his black ripped jeans despite it being 35 Degrees Celcius today, he still feels cold.

Komaeda ate his daily breakfast - bagels and cream cheese. He gave up brushing his hair since it hurt him too much. Hopefully, someone who cares about him brushes his hair one day. He gave up taking care of himself.

Komaeda went stepped outside his lonely house. He locked it and put the key in the chain belt. He put it inside his pocket.

The gloomy hopeful boy arrived at the park. It's still early, but he doesn't want to wait in his house any longer. His eyes were caught by a familiar ahoge.

It's Hinata Hajime peacefully feeding the ducks with peas. He smiled as he sways his feet. He looks content and... hopeful.

Hinata noticed someone staring at him. He lifted his head and looked in the direction that was disturbing him. He met Komaeda's judging stares.

Komaeda met his olive-green eyes, making him instantly look away.

"Good morning, Komaeda-Kun," Hinata greeted with a smile.

Komaeda wished that a bomb would land on him right now. Now he probably thinks that he's weird for staring.

He greeted him back with a nod.

Hinata offered him the pack of peas that was on his lap. "Wanna feed the ducks together?"

Komaeda paused to think for a moment. He does love feeding ducks. He likes peace too. He wishes that his life is like that, but he's gifted with this talent.

Komaeda sat beside Hinata. He cupped his hands as an agreement. The brown-haired boy poured the peas on the fluffy-haired boy's hand.

Maybe Hinata is interesting after all. Komaeda thought that reserve course students are too normal and boring. He also thought that nothing is going on with their life. Seeing how normal their life is made him jealous.

"You know how to feed ducks, right?" Hinata said with a nervous smile.

Komaeda shook his head slightly to bring him back to reality.

"Sorry... I was talking to Momota-Kun in space," Komaeda joked, which made Hinata laugh.

His laugh made the luckster's cheeks turn bright red. He felt his heartbeat pick up its pace.

He's adorable...

"Hello."

Komaeda was startled by the voice that he flinched and scared the ducks away.

"Hi, Nanami-San," Hajime greeted back.

"It's just me," Nanami said. "Are you two on a date? Because you two look lovely right now."

"No, we were waiting for you," Komaeda denied.

"This makes me want to join in Kazuichi's bet."

"Nanami!" Komaeda scolded.

"What's the bet?" Hajime asked, interested.

"It's nothing. Let's go before we run out of time," Nanami said, helping them up.

The walk to Nanami's house is not that far. Her house is an okay size. Her bedroom is the most magical place, though. Aesthetically pink with gaming systems and stuffed plushies.

"Make yourself comfortable," Nanami said, putting her jacket on the floor.

Oh, they definitely will.

Komaeda sat on the floor. It's been a while since he's been to Nanami's room. A lot has changed.

Hinata sat on her gaming chair, hugging one of Nanami's plushies. He looks like he'll fall asleep at any minute. He's very comfortable, just like what Nanami told them to do.

"Can you stop staring at your boyfriend and help me set up this game?"

Komaeda was pulled away by his admiration... describing what Hinata was doing in his mind.

"Yeah, sure," Komaeda agreed, standing up and helped her.

After setting up the game, they all sat on the floor together with individual plushies to support them or something. They did a couple of rounds of the game. Hinata always gets the last place while Chiaki always wins. Maybe luck isn't working here yet but it doesn't matter. It's just a game.

"That was a good game," Hinata said.

"You did your best, Hajime. Competing with the ultimate gamer and ultimate lucky student, you're skillful at this," Nanami complimented.

"Well now, you have something you're good at after all, despite being talentless," Komaeda commented.

"Hey," Nanami glared. She put her controller down and stood up. "I'm going to get snacks."

After Chiaki left, the room became an uncomfortable atmosphere. Komaeda beat himself up. He should stop making such comments. But he's a reserve course student.

"Komaeda-Kun," Hajime said softly, which startled him. "Tell me what I did..."

The ultimate lucky student remained silent. He played with the buttons of his controller.

"Nanami-san is my first friend. I never liked going into Hope's Peak anyway. I got into the school I loved and... It doesn't matter what's going on with me." Hinata played with the stuffed toy he was holding the entire time.

"I'm sorry, Hinata-Kun. It's complicated," Komaeda said, looking away.

Hinata understood a bit. He smiled and looked back at the plushie. "I hope we could understand each other one day."

Komaeda sighed, putting his head on his palm.

"I at least want to be an exception for you," he added, shooting him his soft olive green eyes.

Komaeda is speechless. He's trying his best to look for words. As the silence floods the room, Komaeda looked at Hinata to tell him how he feels.

"I hope," Komaeda muttered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 97 20
Hajime Hinata is a student enrolled in Hope's Peak Academy's Reserve Course. He happened to meet a strange guy by the name of Nagito Komaeda, who was...
128K 4.2K 20
Nagito Komaeda was a seemingly normal teenage boy,but in reality he was the farthest thing from normal. He attends the infamous school, Hopes Peak Ac...
51.5K 1.6K 27
As part of the 77th Class of Hope's Peak Academy, you were immediately branded with a reputation as an elite student, surrounded by similar elites. D...
40.6K 1.4K 21
Nagito Komaeda and Hajime Hinata had met, only when they were the young age of five. They were friends for about five years, Hinata was the only frie...