catching clary

By CharisDoi

"I would have never fell for him if I knew you were going to catch me." More

0.1 - the fall
0.2 - the text
0.3 - arts & crafts
0.4 - the asking
0.6 - forgiving
0.7 - wide awake heartbreak
0.8 - revenge
0.9 - exposed
1.0 - feelings
1.1 - clichè moments
1.2 - paparazzi
1.3 - dinner for 13
1.4 -biology blues
1.5 - airplanes
1.6 - miserable at best
1.7 - sticks and stones
1.8 - ignorance
1.9 - homecoming
2.0 - bow ties & boyfriends
2.1 - close as strangers
2.2 - sinking ship
2.3 - remembering sunday
2.4 - graduation day
2.5 - new changes
2.6 - jitters & jealousy
2.7 - making a move
2.8 - soccer boy

0.5 - movies

151 0 1
By CharisDoi

•Calum POV•
I couldn't contain myself anymore. I knew I shouldn't have exploded at Clary, but I couldn't waste another moment losing her to Tim. I mean, I had the right to be mad at Clary. I had to tell her how I felt!

Goddamn, why did I give her my song? New thoughts had entered my mind. Did she read it? Did she know that this is how I feel about her? Oh please let her like it, even if I'm still mad at her.

Two weeks came and gone. I still saw Clary at school; laughing with her friends, in the library, hanging with "Who Shall Not Be Named." I did my best to avoid her in the hall and at our usual hang out places. It didn't go so well.

Text from Luke: hey cal, i know you're still down, but me and the boys want to take you out to see Mockingjay tonight. i'll even buy you ice cream!

Text to Luke: thanks mate, sounds great. meet up at the movies around 6?

Luke: sure, see you later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•Clary POV•
Two weeks have gone by. Cal and I haven't spoken nor made the move to approach each other. I would catch glimpses of Cal around school; hanging with his mates, walking home from school, or sitting alone in our usual hang out places. I was still mad at him for exploding at me, but I guess it was my fault in the first place.

In other news, tonight was Sadies. Tim and I ended up deciding to go catch Mockingjay, since neither of us were good dancers.

I anxiously awaited Tim's arrival at the movies. I had bought the tickets beforehand because I knew how popular Mockingjay was going to be.

"Hey Clary! Thanks for waiting so long! I ran into some traffic, but u-uh do you want to go inside?"

"Sure, sounds great."

As Tim and I sat down, I could've sworn I saw Cal and the boys out of the corner of my eye. Could it be them? What are they even doing here...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calum POV
"CALUMMM!!! YOU CAME OUT OF YOUR BEDROOM AKA THE BLACK HOLE!!! WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD!"

"Hey guys. Yes, I am alive and doing well." Mikey, Ash, and Luke ran up and engulfed me in a big bear hug. I had been so hung up on Clary that I didn't even realized how much I missed the boys.

"Are we going to go in or what? I'm starving for some snacks."

"Mikey, you're always hungry."

We walked in, satisfying Mikey's hunger, and headed for our seats. As we were looking for empty ones, I could've sworn I saw Clary.

"Uhm, Cal not to worry you, but Clary is here. I honestly didn't know she would be here with Tim." Yuck.

"It's alright, let's just take our seats."

I seriously couldn't stop thinking about her. What is she doing here? Why is she with Tim? Oh, that's right. Tonight was Sadies, and I think Haley mentioned something to Luke about it.

Mockingjay was the best like always. Katniss, Gale, Peeta. Ashton and Mikey were reenacting the bomb scenes.

"Cal, Luke, I'm starved," Mikey complained.

"Geez, do you have like five stomachs?"

"Alright, let's find somewhere we can eat." As we were looking into the directory, I suddenly bumped into a guy.

"Oh excuse me,- Hey Cal! I didn't know you and the boys were here." Tim. THE ENTIRE SIDEWALK IS EMPTY YOU BUTTHEAD! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING.

"Uh hey Tim. Yeah, the boys and I were just getting something to eat."

"Clary and I were just doing the same! We should all head over to Farrell's!"

I looked to the other boys for help. Mikey, Ash, and Luke were all running to the door. I caught Clary's eyes, looking for a way out. She opened her mouth with something to say, but was interrupted by "CAL LOOK! THEY HAVE A CANDY SECTION!"

Oh great. Just great. I was going to have dinner with my band, my worst enemy, and the girl who had been ignoring me for weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•Clary POV•
So it was them. Cal and the boys were the ones at the movies.

"Clary and I were just doing the same! We should all head over to Farrell's!"
Oh god. This is not going to go well.

As the waitress was leading us to our table, I noticed that there were three seats on each side. Ashton and Michael say down across from us, with Cal in the middle. Tim had taken the seat to my left and Luke took the seat to my right, so I was forced to sit across from Cal.

The waitress came around and took our order. Ashton and Michael were busy betting on who would eat the most ice cream, Tim and Luke were talking about new guitar straps, and Cal was just staring at me.

"Uhm, is there something on my face," I asked Cal.

"Uh, no sorry. It's just that the last time you were in a dress was for promotion in eighth grade. This is history. Someone should take note!"

I laughed for the first time in a long time. It didn't matter whether or not Cal and I were ignoring each other. He still knew how to lighten the conversation.

"Wow, you actually remember that?"

"I would never forget that day! Our moms made us pose like we were going to prom and I was at least three inches shorter than you! I couldn't even put my arms on you without tiptoeing."

I burst out laughing. "Oh my god, that was hilarious. I think I still have the pictures somewhere!"

"I SEE OUR FOOD ASHTON! LOOK COME TO PAPA!"

Once our food was passed out, it was gone before I knew it. We split the check between all of us and thanked the waitress. Right as we were walking out of the restaurant, Tim got a text.

"Hey Clary, I'm so sorry, but I need to stop by and pick up my little sister from my grandma. Do you think you can get a ride home?"

"Yeah, I think so! Cal lives right by me so I'll ask if he can drop me off."

"So sorry again Clary, but I had a really fun night with you. We should do this more often- if that's okay with you?"

"That sounds like fun. Thanks for being my Sadies date Tim."

"The pleasure was all mine." Tim leaned in a gave me another hug. "I'll catch you around school!"

Tim hurried off to his car. I turned around to find Cal waving goodbye to the boys. As Cal turned around, he noticed that Tim wasn't with me.

"Where did Tim go?"

"He had to pick up his little sister, so I was wondering if you could possibly give me a ride home?"

"Wow, abandoning his date on the first date. Real smooth."

"Quit it Cal, he had family to take care of. Can we get in the car? My legs are freezing."

"Whatever you say, my lady," Cal said as he was closing the door. As soon as I slid into the shotgun, I turned up the heat and found the radio station Cal and I always listened to.

We had a silent drive back home. I would sometimes catch Cal looking over at me, and I would keep joking that we would crash if he didn't keep his eyes on the road. That made him turn redder than a tomato.

We stopped by the gas station on the way home.

"I'm going to get a coffee, you want one?"

"Sure," I said as I got out of the car and followed him.

As he was paying for our coffee, I noticed he had a series of photos in his wallet. There was one in particular that caught my eye. It was the one from our eighth grade promotion. Cal several inches shorter than me, struggling to put his arms on waist.

Cal noticed me staring at the picture and smiled at me. "I told you I would never forget."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. I came back from winter break, and I am adjusting to the work load. Please be patient, and I will try to update ASAP! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 2K 32
Nagkataon naman na ang dumating na jeep ay lima nalamang ang kasya, kaya nauna ng pumasok si mama sumunod naman sina kuya tanner, mac at kuya Cedric...
1M 56.8K 36
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
140K 1.8K 56
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!
174K 8.4K 53
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...