Ash Ketchum: The Prisoner Of...

By Starjuice17

"The story I'm about to tell you is strange. Very strange. It's my story." To everyone at Meridian High Sc... More

Ch. 1 Chopsticks and Spiders
First Words
Ch. 3 The Armpit
Ch. 4 The Cheerleader
Ch. 5 Hiding the Evidence
Ch. 6 The Morning After
Ch. 7 The Cheerleader's Story
Ch. 8 The Multimeter
Ch. 9 A New Crowd
Ch. 10 A Suspicious Coincidence
Ch. 11 Birthday Wishes
Ch. 12 The First Meeting
Ch. 13 Spiders
Ch. 14 A Change of Plans
Ch. 15 The Man Who Wore Sunglasses at Night
Ch. 16 Gone
Ch. 17 Lieutenant Lloyd
A/N
Ch. 18 Kidnapped
Ch. 19 Serena's Arrival
Ch. 20 A Surpise Visit
Ch. 21 Dr. Cyrus and the Twin
HELP ME!! A/N
Ch. 22 The Revelation
Ch. 23 Gunman
Ch. 24 Calem
Ch. 25 Selene
Ch. 26 Harry Winston
Ch. 27 Hitching a Ride
Ch. 28 Road Trip
Ch. 29 (28.5) According to plan
Ch. 30 Chickens and Eagles
Ch. 31 The Road
Ch. 32 Another Simple Request
Ch. 33 The Lesson
Ch. 34 Purgatory
Ch. 35 Breaking into Prison
Ch. 36 A New Glow
Ch. 37 Discovery
Ch. 38 Ash's Induction
Reader's Input๏ฟผ (A/N)
Ch. 39 Initial Findings
Ch. 40 A Talk
Ch. 41 Clemont's Plan
Ch. 42 The Attempt
Ch. 43 Relocation
Ch. 44 The Contract and a "Simple" Demonstration of Loyalty
Cell 25
Ch. 46 Lack of Trust
Ch. 47 The Escape
Ch. 48 Overload the Circuit
Epilogue and end notes

Ch. 2 The Beginning

679 21 15
By Starjuice17

   It's not like I was looking for trouble. I didn't have to. At my height it just always found me.

   My name is Ash Ketchum, and the story I'm about to tell you is strange. Very strange. It's my story.

   If you passed me walking home from school you probably wouldn't even notice me. That's because I'm just a kid like you. I go to school like you. I get bullied like you. Unlike you, I live in Idaho. Don't ask what state Idaho is in—news flash—Idaho is a state; apparently it's also a city in Ohio. The fact that most people don't know where Idaho is, is exactly why my mother and I moved here—so people wouldn't find us. But that's part of my story.

   Besides living in Idaho, I'm different from you in other ways. For one, I have Tourette's syndrome. You probably know less about Tourette's syndrome than you do Idaho. Usually when you see someone on TV pretending to have Tourette's syndrome, they're shouting swear words or barking like a dog. Most of us with Tourette's don't do that. I don't do that. I mostly just blink my eyes a lot. If I'm really anxious, I'll also clear my throat or make a gulping noise. Sometimes it hurts. Sometimes kids make fun of me. It's no picnic having Tourette's, but there are worse things that can happen to you—like having your dad die of a heart attack when you are eight. Believe me, that's much worse. I'm still not over that. Maybe I never will be.

   There's something else you don't know about me. It's my secret. Something that scares people more than you would believe. That secret is the reason we moved to Idaho in the first place. But, again, that's part of my story. So I might as well tell it to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

787 56 21
Following the sinking of Galactic's flagship boat, the AMPERE, and disrupting the Galactic plans to overthrow the small island nation of Tuvalu, Ash...
5.3K 74 12
Pokemon AU Story! Between trying to survive high school while getting beat up and teased by the popular kids, Ash Ketchum was just your average every...
183K 4K 130
Ash and Serena. Two who have met each other before as a child in a somewhat romantic experience, even if only one of them saw it as that. Serena is...
42.7K 1.8K 34
The whole point of Travelling across the regions for Ash was to not have a boring life with a corporate job, but now, 8 years later, he has both of t...