Quirks don't make a hero

Por Unalive

Izuku Yagi is the son of Inko and Toshinori Yagi, and the brother of Ikaru Yagi. He's bullied by Katsuki Baku... Mais

Chapter 1: The start
Chapter 2: The exams and a new...friend
Chapter 3: The not-a-date, the letters, and the twisted truth
Chapter 4: The first day
Chapter 5: The USJ attack
Chapter 6: Dad-fucking-zawa
Chapter 7: Fluffy...?
Chapter 9: The sports festival part 2
Chapter 10: The sports festival part 3
Chapter 11: The sports festival part 4
Chapter 12: The date
NEW BOOK
Chapter 13: Class 1A
Chapter 13.5: After the date
13.6: After the date part 2
School 😔
Chapter 14: The tests
Chapter 15: Stain
🍋Smut🍋
Chapter 16: Recovery
NEW BOOK...again
Chapter 17: Mei gets screen time
Chapter 18: ✨Therapy✨
Chapter 19: A lesson in morality
Chapter 20: Pre Game Chatter
Chapter 21: Midterms
Chapter 22: Shopping is fun
Chapter 23: Camp Camp
Chapter 24: The calm and the storm
Chapter 25: The eye of the storm
Chapter 26: The whole fucking hurricane
Chapter 27: Hospitals galore
Chapter 28: Comfort
Chapter 29: Awake
{Indefinate Haitus}
Discontinued (Sorry)

Chapter 8: The sports festival part 1

17.8K 440 363
Por Unalive

Are you going to put me with you or keep making it hold me like a damsel in distress?"

"damsel in distress."

~~~

After two weeks of hellish training, it was finally time for the Sports Festival.

Cut to Izuku and Hitoshi in Class 1C's waiting room when there was a knock on the door.

Turning his head, Izuku sees Ikaru standing there, deducting that her friends weren't far.

"Izuku, can I speak to you?" she asks shyly.

The people in his class wondered how he managed to get a cute girl to talk to him.

"Fine," he said coldly, shocking the rest of his class minus Hitoshi, as he's always spoken cheerfully and joyously to them.

Izuku looked over to Hitoshi, motioning for him not to follow. Hitoshi nodded to show that he understood and waited for Izuku to finish his business.

Izuku walked into the hallway and saw Ikaru's little gang waiting for her down the hall, proving his theory correct.

"What is it?" he asked her in a monotone voice.

"I just wanted to say good luck," Ikaru said to him, desperate for some contact with him.

"I don't need luck. I have training. While you were moving trash, I was fighting, since I know martial arts, unlike you." Izuku told her, moving to go inside.

"Oi! Don't talk to her like that! Who do you think you are?!" Katsuki yelled, running towards him with his palms, ready to explode him to smithereens.

Izuku expertly grabbed his arm when he was close enough and flipped him over his shoulder, knocking the wind out of him as he hit the ground. Izuku stood on his chest to further beat the pulp out of him, knocking him unconscious.

Everyone stared. Ikaru was speechless that her brother knocked out her boyfriend. Shoto was impressed that Izuku could throw someone over his shoulder. Shioka was angered that her brother was knocked out by a Deku, and Kokoro thought Izuku looked cool.

"I'm the one who's going to beat her at the Sports Festival, all of you. I'm going to win, and I'm going to prove that I'm not useless," Izuku stated, pure and utter determination reinforcing his declaration.

"Tch, sure." Shioka clicked her tongue and walked away. Shoto walked with her too, Kokoro followed, a few steps behind because she wanted to check out Izuku, milking what view she could have until the start of the fest. Ikaru helped a now-conscious Katsuki up and walked away.

Before they made it too far, Katsuki turned his head and said, "This isn't over."

"Yeah, because I'm going to kick your ass."

Katsuki just scowled and walked away with Ikaru.

"What was that about?" Hitoshi asked him when he made it back inside.

"Oh nothing, just some little insects thinking they could get in my way," Izuku replied coolly, making Hitoshi drool a little bit.

"Come on. It's almost our turn to walk out."

~~~

"AND HERE WE HAVE CLASS 1C!" Yelled Present Mic yelled to the audience. The audience clapped loudly, but more subdued than they did for the hero courses, Class 1A to be specific. Most of 1A looked smug at the extra praise that they received, the egotistical bastards they are. They had more enthusiastic applause, directed namely Katsuki, Shioka, Uraraka, Iida, Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, Sero, and a few others, making all the other classes angry that they were acting so smug.

Mei waved to Izuku and Hitoshi when she came out of the gate, following the last Gen Ed course and preceding the Business courses, who immediately went to the bleachers to make bets. Finally, Midnight came onto the stage, donning her hero costume.

Whispers broke out amongst the students when they saw her.

"Is it ok that Midnight is hosting this?"

"We're high schoolers. I don't think this is legal, like at all."

"Wow, UA is great!"

Kaminari remarked, promptly getting shanked by Jiro with her earjack.

"Now! To make this year's speech, we actually have two students this year, as one of them was first for the physical portion of the exams and a statement from Nezu's student himself! Please give it up for Katsuki Bakugo from class 1A, and Nezu's personal student from Class 1C, Izuku Yagi!" Present Mic announced.

Loud cheering went around the crowd when he announced 1A but simmered down when he mentioned 1C; even if he's Nezu's student, they don't want to give him the same kind of applause because he's not in the hero course. In all honesty, it made Izuku grind his teeth a little.

They both walked up on stage, Katsuki scowling and Izuku smiling.

Katsuki walked up to the microphone first.

"You're all stepping stones for my victory. I'm going to win." Katsuki said.

The students booed while the crowd cheered at the guarantee.

While Katsuki was walking back to his class facing a sea of boos, Izuku stepped up to the mic. His eyes were filled with determination, and his mouth was pulled into a cheerful smile.

"Today, everyone is going to be a hero in their ways. I hope to be a hero that proves that you don't need to have a flashy quirk to be a hero. Anyone can be a hero as long as you try hard enough. So no matter what course you're in, I hope you do your best, and go PLUS ULTRA!"

The students clapped enthusiastically, minus a handful of 1A as they thought the speech targeted them.

Izuku walked over to Hitoshi and slung an arm around his shoulder.

"Like my little speech Toshi?" Izuku said. Hitoshi's heart dokidokied a little when he called him that nickname, "Toshi." He'd been calling him that for two weeks, but it still makes his heart speed up.

"Yeah, I did," Hitoshi said, turning his head to the side a bit.

Izuku's heart sped up.

"Hey, how about after this, we go on a da-," Izuku said, before getting cut off by Midnight announcing she was spinning the wheel to determine the first event.

"What did you want to say?" Hitoshi asked, with a head tilt that Izuku thought looked like a puppy.

"I'll tell you later," Izuku said, looking back at the stage.

"And our first event is... AN OBSTACLE COURSE!" Midnight announced.

After she announced the rules and such, everyone started going towards the entrance.

"Hitoshi," Izuku said seriously, surprising him.

"Yes?"

"If I have the option to help you during the race, do you want me to? Or do you want to do the whole thing by yourself?" Izuku asked him.

Hitoshi gave it some thought and came to his answer.

"I want you to help me. I'm trying to be a hero, an underground hero. Sometimes they have to get help from vigilantes and information brokers, so I want you to help me as a vigilante would, and I'll help you if the opportunity arises," Hitoshi told him.

"Alright," Izuku said, smiling a little.

"GO!" Present Mic suddenly yelled, scaring some kids.

Everyone started running towards the gate, but some were stuck, as the gateway was too small for them to fit.

Shoto and Kokoro froze the ground, anchoring people in place so they couldn't move, before sliding to the second obstacle.

"AND ALL OF CLASS 1A HAS PASSED THE FIRST OBSTACLE, LEAVING THE OTHER CLASSES BEHIND- WAIT! SHINSOU AND YAGI FROM CLASS 1C AS THEY ARE JUMPING FROM WALL TO WALL TO AVOID THE GROUND! THEY'RE QUICKLY CATCHING UP TO CLASS 1A!" Present Mic announced.

Izuku and Hitoshi made it to the second obstacle, the Robo Inferno, which was filled with all different robots from the entrance exams, including the zero-pointers from the hero exam.

"Woah, those are tall," Izuku said casually.

"Yeah, what else is new?" Hitoshi asked.

"Wait here," Izuku instructed him. Hitoshi placed his trust into Izuku, so he waited there while others passed him.

Izuku climbed toward the zero-pointers and reached its control panel before rewiring it to control its movements.

"IT SEEMS THAT SHINSOU HAS STOPPED! WHERE HAS YAGI GONE? OH! I SEE HIM! YAGI'S CRAWLING UP ONE OF THE ZERO-POINTERS AND HAS TAKEN CONTROL OF IT! WHAT'S YAGI DOING? IT SEEMS HE'S CONTROLLING IT!" Present Mic announced, making everyone else's jaws drop, as a student has just taken control of a giant robot.

Izuku made the hand that Hitoshi was riding move to the top of the bot so that Izuku could talk to Hitoshi.

"Are you going to put me up there with you or keep making it hold me like a damsel in distress?" Hitoshi asked.

Izuku smirked at him, "Damsel in distress."

Hitoshi just sighed and waited to be put back down.

They made it to the third obstacle, which was a canyon. They just had the robot step over it.

"SO FAR WE HAVE FIVE PEOPLE FIGHTING FOR FIRST PLACE; KATSUKI AND SHIOKA BAKUGOU, SHOTO AND KOKORO TODOROKI, AND IKARU YAGI! BUT IZUKU YAGI AND HITOSHI SHINSOU ARE CATCHING UP TO THEM QUICKLY! LET'S SEE WHO'LL WIN, FOLKS!" Present Mic announced.

As they approached the fourth and final obstacle, they heard Present Mic announce that it was a minefield, so Izuku lowered them to the ground. Izuku grabbed a piece of metal, and it went back to the beginning of the minefield.

"Hitoshi, I just thought of a plan," Izuku told Hitoshi.

"Ok, I'm all ears."

Izuku and Hitoshi dug up some mines while holding the piece of metal and jumped onto the pile, rocketing them up in a cloud of pink, shooting them up to first and second place, respectively.

"IZUKU YAGI AND HITOSHI SHINSOU TAKE THE LEAD! THEY'RE QUICKLY CONVERGING ON THE EXIT, AND FIRST PLACE GOES TO IZUKU YAGI! SECOND PLACE, HITOSHI SHINSOU!" Present Mic announces.

Izuku and Hitoshi skid to a stop after they crashed into the ground. When they sat up, they were both laughing messes.

"That was so much fun!" Izuku said to Hitoshi, standing up and holding his hand out towards him, prompting for a high-five.

"Yeah, it was!" Hitoshi said, still laughing with a big smile on his face, returning the gesture.

"DEKU!" Katsuki yelled, coming in fourth place after Ikaru. He came up to Izuku and grabbed his collar.

"Oi! Let him go!" Hitoshi said, panicked.

"Shut it, zombie! I'm just teaching Deku here his place!" Katsuki yelled.

"Careful Katsuki," Izuku said with hatred in his eyes, scaring Katsuki a little."You're on live television, and you wouldn't want to be seen as villainous, do you?" Izuku asked him.

"Tch," Katsuki said, letting go of Izuku and walking to Ikaru. She just slapped him and walked away, Katsuki trailing after her like a lost puppy.

Then it was time for the second event,

A dodgeball game.

~~~

Word Count: 1792

Special thanks to @natopotat and @AfraidOfCheese for editing this I really appreciate it uwu

Until next time!

Fire out~

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

153K 2.4K 12
Izuku Yagi a child who was put down by the society for being quirkless in a society were quirk is everything, he had a happy childhood up to the age...
31.2K 767 32
izuku best friend with katsuki (they end up dating) has a quirk called undead were he can summon demons and he is their king, he has no drawbacks als...
623K 14.3K 59
They said that actions have consequences. Izuku Yagi, son of Toshinori Yagi, and Inko Yagi, brother of Izumi Yagi. After finding out he's quirkless a...