Red

By XXrogueXlucyXX

Ruby's village stays confined to a forest that surrounds the village. No one would dare to attempt to escape... More

Prologue
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty-One.
Twenty-Two.
Twenty-Three.
Twenty-Four.
Twenty-Five.
Twenty-Six.
Twenty-Seven.
Twenty-Eight.
Twenty-Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty-One.
Thirty-Two.
Thirty-Three.
Thirty-Four.
Thirty-Five.
Thirty-Six.
Thirty-Seven.
Thirty-Eight.
Thirty-Nine.
Forty.
Epilogue.

Six.

2.3K 64 2
By XXrogueXlucyXX

Mom had taught me a few things when it came to men. Not a lot but a few. Even though the prospect of a husband had been far away. There were much prettier girls in the village than me that men could marry.

But she insisted on teaching me some things. I knew how to cook as she said it is the best way to a man's heart. I knew how to do most chores around the house since I helped my mom.

But I doubt any of those things will be useful in a house like this. Court appeared to be human. Even when I saw him in the castle, he seemed normal to a degree. Like most other people in the village of his age he kept to himself and rode his horse around.

Since being here I now understood where he went when he disappeared to be with 'himself'.  No one would expect the prince to be in the woods. No one would even dare to step foot in the woods in fear of the wolves roaming, even during the day they could be out.

But why would they attack one of their own?

Court spent the nights back at the castle and sometimes here.  Then he came in the morning on his horse.

I was using the bathroom when he came in. When I walked out Court was seated on the bed with his legs crossed. His amber eyes glanced over at me. He had a plate of sausage sitting in his lap as I shut the door.

"I brought you breakfast and washed the dress you came in." Court spoke as he sat the plate down and handed me the dress.

I took it and went back into the bathroom and changed before coming out. Court looked up and smiled at me. The dress was clean except for faint pink colors around where the wound is. Court handed me the plate as I sat down on the bed to eat.

Court stood up as I began eating the sausages, he brought for me.

"When you're done get ready because we are leaving to pick up your clothes." Court said as he took a glance at me before exiting the room. I continued eating the sausages before setting the plate down.

I put my boots on and grabbed my cloak and wrapped it around me before opening the door. I looked out before stepping outside of the room and walking out in the same direction Court had gone when he took me out.

In the living room Court sat on one of the pelts covered couches. On the opposite one to him, Lyell; the one with white hair sat there with a book in his hand. Court glanced up and stood up as Lyell looked at him.

Then his gaze locked on me and a small smirk crossed his lips. Lyell made me highly uncomfortable.

"Lyell if Thorin shows up tell him there are some chickens in the shed that are in the process of being skinned he can take. He can also have one of our deer's as well." Court spoke and Lyell nodded at that.

"How many chickens?" Lyell asked as he looked up from his book.

"Up to five. I can replace them for us." Court answered and Lyell nodded before Court grabbed my arm and brought me outside. He took out his horse.

"Good boy Celeste." Court murmured to his stallion as he tacked him up before picking me up and setting me on him. Court then swung himself up on and turned him and trotted off in the direction of Lucia's cabin.

Court slowed Celeste down from his canter into a trot and then a walk as he brought him up to the front of the cabin. He dismounted and tied Celeste up before helping me down. Court revealed a carrot which he fed to Celeste before turning to me.

He offered me his hand and I took it as Court walked up the stairs, went to the door, and knocked. Lucia opened it instantly as she smiled at us.

"Come in. I have her dresses done and a few nightgowns as well." Lucia said. 

We walked into the house as Court shut the door behind him. "I've made you seven dresses to wear and three nightgowns. I've run out of material for the nightgowns so that's all I currently have." Lucia said and Court nodded.

Lucia came back out with the dresses and smiled as she handed them over to Court who accepted them. "Has Lyell dropped off your share?" Court asked.

"Yes, he has. He dropped off some chickens for me and a buck." Lucia answered.

Court smiled. "Good. If you need any more Lucia don't hesitate to ask." Lucia smiled at Court as he turned around. "Thank you once more Lucia. The clothes are beautiful." Court smiled at her as he ran a hand through his curly hair. 

Lucia smiled at him. Then Court turned around and we walked out. Court went up the Celeste's saddle bag and filled them up with my clothes as he helped me back onto to Celeste. Then he swung himself on and we left Lucia's and headed back to his.

Court trotted Celeste into his stall and helped me down before he untacked him and put him away. He then took out the clothes and handed me over to him as Court turned around and followed me inside the house.

Inside Lyell was still on the couch reading a new book. It was covered in leather and the pages were worn and frayed. He smiled while he flipped through it before looking up.

"Has Thorin come by?" Court asked and Lyell looked up.

"Not yet. I'm sure he'll come by eventually. He may be waiting for you though. You know how he is." Lyell responded and Court nodded before he walked me to my room as Lyell returned to his book.

Court closed the door behind him, and I set the dresses down and went through them. The material is much softer than any of my clothes. Some of them were lined with fur as well. A few even had fur around it.

Court set the rest down before he went into the bathroom. "I'm going to take a bath if you need me." Court responded as he removed his shirt and set it down before shutting the door to get undressed. He was respectful enough not to completely strip in front of me.

It was weird knowing that under his skin laid a wolf. An extremely dangerous wolf. One of the wolves that stalked the village and demanded a sacrifice and never let anyone leave the village or enter their woods.

He may look human, but he isn't. 

I let that thought roll around in my head. The prince is a wolf. I removed my dress and picked up one of the fur lined ones and put it on. The fur is so soft. I remembered that they could hunt the animals would the soft pelts.

They are the wolves. Lucia is one of them.

She seemed so nice for one of them. But looks can be incredibly deceiving. I sat back down on the bed and laid down. There wasn't much to do in the cabin except sleep and clean it up a little.

This wasn't some romantic fairy tale of being swept away like some of the books I read. There was no talking furniture or a massive library. Although I had seen Lyell read a few books. Maybe Court could give me one for I can have something to do in my spare time.

I'd ask him when he is done with his bath. All I could do for now was take a nap.

My nap became a lot longer than I thought. By the time I was awake the sun had completely set in the sky. Court was on the bed leaned up against the wall.

He looked over as I woke up and smiled at me. "I made some steak." Court stood up as he revealed a wooden plate with a big cut of steak on it and handed it over to me.

"Thank you." I murmured as I accepted it from him. Court smiled at that as I looked at the veggies on the side. I ate all the food from the plate and handed the plate over to Court who smiled.

"Do you have books here?" I asked and Court looked up and nodded.

"Could I read some?" I asked and Court nodded.

As he got up the door opened revealing Lyell standing there.

"Is something wrong?" Court asked.

"Thorin is here. He wants to speak to you." Lyell said and Court froze before nodding.

"I'll be back Ruby. Lyell please watch her." Court then left as Lyell stepped in holding a book and sat down in one of the chairs as I stopped. Whoever Thorin is Court didn't seem pleased.

1482. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. ***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351 19 9
Humans are forced to dwell behind walls and live in fear because of vicious werewolves on the loose. Red Maccale a human girl did something years ago...
6.1K 179 33
"Wait....hold up,so you guys are telling me that we are not even related!!"I screamed from the top of my lungs. "Hunny-"my supposed to be mom started...
6.2K 388 9
There is one rule in the game. And it needs to be broken. There is one goal. And when you attain it, you die. Wolves are hiding in the woods, just wa...
5.7K 326 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...