Chasing Dreams {Book 2: Chasi...

By arty_writes

After having her seventh year at Hogwarts come to an abrupt end, Audrey McCarthy has a long summer ahead of h... More

Chapter 1: A Rude Introduction
Chapter 2: Playing With Fire
Chapter 3: A Chat With The Girls
Chapter 4: Family Reunion
Chapter 5: Dinner With the Weasleys
Chapter 6: My Worst Enemy
Chapter 7: Ron- The Best Friend Ever
Chapter 8: Date With Disaster
Chapter 9: Practically Family
Chapter 10: The Truth Revealed
Chapter 11: Taking Sides
Chapter 12: "Heaven's No!"
Chapter 13: Welcome Home
Chapter 14: A Mother's Intuition
Chapter 15: Dress Shopping
Chapter 16: Saved by Shoes
Chaper 17: I Do
Chapter 18: Cake and Confrontation
Chapter 19: Rest and Relaxation
Chapter 21: A Change in Plans
Chapter 22: Fire
Chapter 23: Burned Bridges
Chapter 24: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 25: You Got Me
Chapter 26: Nothing at All
Chapter 27: Believe Me
Chapter 28: A Woman Scorned
Chapter 29: Party Crashing
Chapter 30: Chasing Her Dreams
Author's Note!

Chapter 20: An Unexpected Discovery

1.6K 73 15
By arty_writes

Hey readers! So I honestly have no idea what I was thinking when this idea came to me, but it was just so perfect I couldn't ignore it. =P So... I hope you enjoy!

******************************************************************************

"The smartest thing you ever did was take a chance with me. ~Butterfly, Crazy Town

Audrey pulled the blankets up to her shoulders, covering them up a bit. It was a slightly chilly night, though it wasn't anything too extreme. Being in the mountains, the temperature was something she had expected to be cooler than what she was accustomed to in England. Not that it truly mattered to her anyways; she always had Draco to curl up next to.

They had been in the Rocky Mountains for two days so far, and admittedly Audrey was not quite ready to leave yet. They still had a few more days of being there, luckily, and the girl was going to do her best to take advantage of her time away from everyone and everything that didn't involve her husband and relaxing. Just like Draco had promised, no one had bugged them, or as far as she knew even tried to figure out where they had been. It was nice to not have to worry about anything; Audrey was going to have trouble adjusting whenever they got back home. She was getting used to this.

So far they hadn't done too much. The first day they had been there, Draco had woke her up with breakfast in bed; he had never made breakfast before, and although it was not perfect, Audrey gratefully ate it. After all, it was a pretty good first attempt. The rest of the day, the couple found themselves walking around the scenic area, taking in the sites and of course taking pictures. That night they sat around a small fire for a while before heading to bed. This day had been more eventful. Audrey had somehow convinced Draco to go swimming in the small lake not too far from the cabin. They had spent more than half the day there, and had only recently arrived home. Things, of course, only got more interesting from there.

Audrey's thoughts were interrupted when Draco stepped out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. His gaze met Audrey's, and he smiled slightly. "You look cold," he stated as he climbed into the other side of the bed.

Audrey raised an eyebrow at him. "What was your first clue? The fact that I'm huddled under all the blankets?"

Draco laughed quietly. "Always with the theatrics with you, isn't it?" He pulled her close to him, draping his arm around her waist. Draco rested his forehead against Audrey's. "Is this better?"

Audrey pretended about to think about it. "I suppose so."

"Just suppose?" Draco asked back, but then added in a whisper. "Maybe you should put more clothes on. I'm sure wearing those shorts and tank top isn't doing anything for you right now."

"Says the one walking around in his boxers," Audrey couldn't resist retorting.

"Oh you like it," Draco winked at her.

Audrey didn't say anything, resting her head against his chest. She was still willing herself to calm down a bit more. She closed her eyes, a smile still lingering on her face from earlier. The girl honestly was rather tired from the day's activities, and all she wanted to do was catch a few hours of sleep to prepare herself for tomorrow. However, she soon realized that it wasn't going to be possible when Draco started up a conversation again.

"You know... I'm really glad I'm here with you," Draco admitted. "I never thought I would be."

"Why wouldn't you be?" Audrey asked without really thinking about it.

Draco shrugged lightly. "I never thought you'd like me, I guess."

"You know... I've always wondered why you just didn't say something," Audrey spoke up. "I mean, you're Draco frickin' Malfoy. You could've had anyone you wanted in that entire school, and yet out of all of them, you finally chose me." She paused for a moment. "Why were you so afraid to talk to me?"

Draco didn't say anything for a few moments, as if he was debating something over in his head. "I dunno. I guess it's because of how different we were. I mean... the only things we had in common were Quidditch and being in Slytherin. You got good grades, didn't get into any trouble-"

Audrey cut him off. "I did so get in trouble. Did I not ditch school for a month to find you?"

"Other than that," he corrected. "I mean, we were complete opposites. I was sure that if I walked up to you, being the arrogant bastard I am and said 'hey, wanna be my girlfriend' that you would've laughed, probably smacked me, and walked away."

Audrey rolled her eyes. "I am not that mean."

"Yea you are," Draco countered. "I know how vicious you can be. And I think that had you truly been that uninterested in me that you would've smacked me."

"But I wasn't uninterested in you, so ha. I win," Audrey pointed out, a grin spreading across her face. It was rare that they had these teasing little play fights, but Audrey loved when she got the upper hand in them. At least she had the verbal advantage; Draco always had the advantage physically, which she was quickly reminded of that as he pinned her playfully against the bed.

"You most certainly don't win," he stated, "because you were the one willing to take a chance with me in the first place."

Audrey shrugged lightly. "I didn't have to, but I did."

"And why did you do that?" Draco asked, still peering down at her, a smirk plastered to his face. Audrey had a feeling he was enjoying this all too much.

"Because you were cute," Audrey answered, smiling back at her husband. "And because you were really nice to me."

Draco shook his head. "You are something else, you know that?"

"One of a kind," Audrey winked.

"Got that right," Draco replied. The boy moved down to kiss her, but only moments after his lips touched hers, Audrey pulled away, frightened by a loud 'bang' noise. It sounded as if something had hit the side of the cabin.

She sat up right, inadvertently pushing Draco off of her. "What was that?"

"Hell if I know," Draco muttered, sitting back up after being knocked backwards. He didn't have to wait long before there was another loud 'thunk' as something once again made contact with the side of the cabin.

"Go check?" Audrey questioned.

Draco sighed and reluctantly climbed out of bed. He picked up his wand from the bed side table. He hadn't planned on needing it the whole time they were here, but he wasn't going to take any chances. He crept over to the door, Audrey following close behind with her wand as well.

The couple stepped outside into the dark, their only light coming from the tips of their wands. They walked slowly around to the side of the cabin in which they heard the noise. At a first glance, it appeared as nothing was there. Draco whispered to Audrey, "There's nothing out here."

Before Audrey could respond, she caught a glimpse of something moving on the other side of some trees not too far away. The girl aimed the light from her wand towards the being, and sure enough wished she hadn't. Standing on the other side of the tree-line was an eight foot tall, hairy creature. Without even having to think about it, Audrey knew that it was what was known as a Bigfoot. She grabbed Draco by the shoulder, and gently began pulling him away from the creature and back into the cabin. The girl quickly shut and locked the door behind them. Audrey took a seat on the couch, trying her hardest to catch her breath and remain calm after what had just happened to her.

"What was that thing?" Draco asked, setting their wands back on the table.

"A Bigfoot," Audrey breathed. "I... I didn't think they actually existed until now. Guess that was all the proof I needed."

"What's a Bigfoot?" Draco was still utterly confused as to what he had seen.

"It's an ape-like creature," Audrey briefly explained. "No one has actually proven they exist, as they are incredibly elusive and shy animals."

"Why don't we catch it then?" Draco suggested. "We would get the credit of discovering it."

Audrey shook her head. "No. I certainly don't want to get any closer to it. After that sight, I just kind of want to go to bed, and pretend that there isn't a huge animal outside my cabin."

"Sounds like a plan."

And with that, the two of them went back to the bedroom, and curled up under the blankets once again. After getting comfortable and cuddled up once again, the couple was finally able to drift off to sleep, even if there was a mysterious creature outside their cabin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

488 47 41
[completed] the last 3 years at Hogwarts were very weird for Amelia Wilson. Her love for Harry Potter was a cluts, So she fights with his family to p...
8.4K 131 20
[COMPLETED and not edited] Ginny Weasly decides to stop falling for Harry Potter and move on. Draco comes along and slowly tries to grab her heart, e...
107K 2.6K 49
Isabelle's Final year! She's engaged to Draco, secretly. Expect for her Dad. He already knows. But what happens if Draco and Belle couldn't hold it...
2.1M 45.3K 51
A Gryffindor girl, finally making her return to Hogwarts after being away for 5 years. A Slytherin boy, cocky, arrogant and lonely. The two unexpec...