Chapter 18: Cake and Confrontation

Hey fans! Sorry this took so long! Kind of... lost motivation to write for a while. Not exactly sure why, but... that doesn't matter now. The good news is that I got over it, and should be getting more chapters written for all of my stories. =) Once I get this essay done for class, I'll be writing as many chapters as I can before my hands give out. =P Hope you enjoy this chapter!

************************************************************************

"I'm sorry about all the things I said to you, and I know I can't take it back." –Sorry, Buckcherry

After all the pictures were taken, all the guests were greeted, and everything else that led up to the reception was taken care of, Audrey decided then that before she would enjoy the rest of her night, she needed to confront her mother. Admittedly, the girl was not expecting her mother to show up at all, but now that she had, Audrey wanted to know why she had changed her mind. Last she knew her mother did not condone the marriage, along with her father. Audrey was determined to figure out why the woman came.

The girl snuck away from her guests, most of which had already taken their seats at the round tables scattered throughout a section of the grounds at Artemis' manor. Luckily for Audrey, she didn't have to search long; her mother hadn't moved far from where she was standing when Audrey and Draco left the altar. Audrey approached her with single-minded determination. Audrey stood before her, trying to figure out what words to use.

"So you came?" Audrey asked, admittedly a little unsure of what she was supposed to say in a situation like this. "I... thought you didn't like him." The girl shifted her weight to her left, admittedly feeling the most awkward she had ever felt in her life.

"Regardless to whether or not I like the man she's marrying, I'm not going to miss my only daughter's wedding," Fianna answered her.

Audrey didn't say anything for several moments. She wasn't sure if her mother was honestly there for her, or only to make herself look better. "Well... thanks for coming I guess," she muttered quietly.

Audrey sighed as she turned away from her mother, about to head back to her party and her guests. The girl had taken about two steps before she heard her mother call out, "Audrey, wait!"

The brunette turned on her heel, facing her mother once again. "What?"

Audrey watched her mother hesitate for a moment before speaking again. "Look... I'm really sorry about what your father and I said about Draco. We were wrong to judge him the way we did, based off his name alone. I know there's nothing I could say to you to make it up to you, but... I truly am sorry about what happened." She took a deep breath before she added, "I couldn't convince your father to come, but... I knew I would hate myself for not coming."

Audrey shut her eyes, trying her best to remain calm throughout this situation. So much was running through her head, so much she wanted to say. "I don't think you realize how much you both hurt me. All I wanted was for you to be happy for me, and you couldn't even do that. I knew you two were going to hate Draco, but I never suspected that you were going to be so... vicious about it," she began. "He means the world to me, and as I've told you before, he's changed and in fact saved my life. When he proposed to me, I thought I would be able to plan everything with you- just like we had always talked about when I was younger. But instead, I had to rely on people I had just met, and his mother to help me." Audrey paused to bat a few tears from her eyes. "You missed out on a lot of things, mum. So much has happened in the past few months, I can't even being to explain it all to you in this conversation. You have a lot to answer for."

"I'm really sorry, Audrey, I truly am," Fianna pleaded with her. "I know I messed this up for you, big time. I just wished I knew how to make it up to you."