I Loved You Mr. Scamander

By justawritter2902

(Y/N) had lost the loves of her life to the same person. She wasn't mad, she was just disappointed in herself... More

Chapter II: You and Me
Chapter III: New Girl
Ending 1: Water Fountain
Ending 1; Part 2: I Loved You... All of You
Ending No. 2: She's So Gone
Author's Note

Chapter I: Wish I Were...

3.2K 46 51
By justawritter2902

•✦.✧. Summary .✧.✦•

"Let's just say that first loves are truly something else."

━•✦.✧. Warnings .✧.✦•━

* Small Angst
* Ravenclaw reader ( I hope that won't sway your opinion on the fic! )
* I pushed back Newt and Leta's friendship back one year. That's all.
* Pssst. Victoria is my HP/FBAWTFT OC~~

━━━━━━•✦.✧.☾.✧.✦•━━━━━

(Y/N) and Newt were walking down the halls from Professor Dumbledore's class, heading over to the library. She hadn't noticed the cold until a breeze passed through the empty hall. She shivered. "Ah shoot. I forgot my robe in his class," (Y/N) mumbled, rubbing her upper arms.

Her mind soon became focused on one thing, staying warm. The walk to the library was starting to feel like a long journey. 'Hot chocolate, being home, sunshine, summer, warm hugs from Newt-' She repeated the mantra in her head. Wait- warm hugs from Newt?

The feeling of a warm cloth being placed over her shoulders broke her from her trance. (Y/N) looked at the source of her newfound warmth- Newt's robe. She quickly looked up at her Hufflepuff friend, "Newt! But you'll get cold!"

Newt let out a soft chuckle. "You know, for a Ravenclaw, you're quite forgetful."

(Y/N) blushed, "D-Don't you start, Newton!" She stuttered. Now, there were only two instances where she would use his full first name: whenever the situation was serious or just to tease him. Thankfully, this moment was the latter of the two.

"Besides, it looks better on you than it did me." He said, giving her a charming smile.

Oh, how she loved his smile. It gave her a feeling of butterflies. 'Only if you knew how much I liked you...' She thought as she hugged his Hufflepuff robes closer to her body.

~*~*~

This is how they've always been. Their friendship started during their first year at Hogwarts. During a Hufflepuff-Ravenclaw joint class for Potions, Newt had a little trouble getting some ingredients from a shelf that was just out of his reach. Until a Ravenclaw girl from his year helped. Then he realized that they shared more classes than he originally thought. From then on, they were inseparable. Back then, she'd tease him because of his height. Now, she couldn't say anything. He basically towered over her and they were only in their third year of Hogwarts.

What she didn't expect was to fall in love with him. How cliche. She loved his personality- a gentle soul whose loyalty matched no other. She loved the way he'd care for magical creatures. He didn't trap them and use them for his personal gain. No- that wasn't Newt. He kept magical creatures to study them. So he could prove to the world that they weren't as dangerous as the books made them.

She fell in love with his smile. A smile that always followed his laugh. The way the corners of his eyes would crinkle when he was in pure happiness. She fell in love with the color of his eyes. They were a mix of blue and green- not really one or the other, but somehow merging together to form into its own.

~*~*~

The duo met up with another one of their friends, Victoria. She was already in their designated meeting spot, her nose stuck in her Potions book, when (Y/N) and Newt reached the library.

When they reached the table, Victoria set down her book and looked up at them. "Five minutes late, my dears."

(Y/N) sighed, "Vi, it's only five minutes."

Victoria leaned back on her seat, relaxing a bit. "Early is on time, on time is late, and late is unacceptable." She said matter-a-factly.

"Sorry about that, Vi. We got caught up in Dumbledore's class." Newt said apologetically.

"Aw, that's okay, Newton. Let's just get started on these assignments so we can all leave this place." Victoria cooed softly.

"Oh, so, Newt gets your soft mom voice and I get your lecture mom voice?" (Y/N) ranted as she sat down.

Newt chuckled softly at their banter before walking off to find the book he needed for his essay.

Victoria had waited for Newt to be out of earshot before she leaned forward, her chin resting on her hands. "Last time I checked, you were a Ravenclaw this morning." She whispered.

(Y/N) looked up at Victoria in confusion as she opened Victoria's Potions textbook. "What are you talking about?"

Victoria's eyes landed on the Hufflepuff crest on the robe (Y/N) was wearing before looking back at her friend.

She blushed, "O-Oh! I was just cold... That's all..."

Victoria rolled her eyes, "I was just cold! That's all.." She mimicked teasingly. "But seriously... Are you ever going to tell him?"

(Y/N) shook her head, "No, I don't think I will..."

Victoria gave her a look as if to say "Really?"

"I mean, I won't tell him now. I'll tell him when I'm ready and when we're a bit older." (Y/N) confessed.

Newt finally came back with a Herbology book and set it down. "Tell who what when we're older?"

"Oh, nothing! Just talk about potential career choices. That's all!" Victoria said, before (Y/N) could say anything.

He nodded, "Well... I guess it's never too early to decide what you want to do."

(Y/N) looked at Victoria, mouthing 'Thank you'.

~*~*~

December passed by quickly and the next semester had started. Victoria, (Y/N), and Newt were just leaving Potions. Victoria and (Y/N) were discussing the day's lesson, but Newt's attention was elsewhere.

His attention was on a certain Slytherin student.

"Newt? Hello, Newt? Earth to Newton?" Victoria said, trying to get the Hufflepuff's attention.

(Y/N) looked at her other friend, following his gaze to see him staring at Leta Lestrange. He was staring at Leta, as she passed by, in the same way he stared at his creatures, with love and adoration.

"Victoria, just drop it." (Y/N) said coldly.

Victoria looked at her friend. From the moment they became close friends, (Y/N) refused to call her Victoria. So she knew something was up. "O-Okay..."

As the weeks passed by, all of Newt's affections had stopped. He stopped waiting for (Y/N) after breakfast so they could walk to class together. He stopped staying late at Dumbledore's class with her. He stopped giving her his robes- after it happened the first time, she made an effort to never forget her robes again. He stopped asking her to help him with his creatures. Their close friendship was lost because he started hanging out with her.

"Why would he ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty..." (Y/N) sobbed into Victoria's shoulder as they sat by the lake.

Victoria wrapped her arm around (Y/N)'s shoulder and sighed, "One day... Something will happen. He'll realize his feelings, but it'll be too late..."

"I wish I were Leta... Maybe then he'd love me..."

One time, while walking to the library, she saw it. Newt placed his robes over her shoulder. She saw the shy smile Leta gave him. She saw the smile Newt gave that followed his laugh. That's when she realized that they were in love with each other.

She quickly made her way to the library, looking for Victoria, tears already falling down her cheeks.

When (Y/N) came to their meeting spot, Victoria stood, "Hey, what's-"

She was interrupted when (Y/N) ran straight into her arms. Victoria looked down at her. Never had she seen her best friend so heartbroken. All she could do was hug her and comfort her the best way she could.

After the small crying session (not like other students were in the library anyway), Victoria held (Y/N) by the shoulders. "Okay (Y/N), here's what we're going to do. I'm going to let you cry about him for a week. Avoid him, punch a wall, scream in anger and pain. Do whatever it takes to get your emotions out. Then after a week, you'll get up and stop thinking about him."

(Y/N) sniffled, wiping some of the snot on her sleeve. "Y-You're acting as if Newt and I broke up."

"Well, you're crying like it," Victoria said, patting (Y/N)'s shoulders. "Come on, we have a whole future to worry about guys. Right now, we're going to do whatever it takes to get us training to be Aurors after we graduate." She said, giving her friend a smile.

"Yeah, we'll take names and kick ass." (Y/N) joked.

Victoria winked at her, "That's my girl. And like I always say, birds of a feather-"

"Flock together." They said in unison.

~*~*~

(Y/N) did just that. She cried. She wrote angry letters, love letters to Newt then automatically ripped them to shreds. She'd punched a pillar once and broke her left hand- yikes, that was not a pretty sight. Victoria had given her water, juice, candy, and other small snacks to comfort her.

After a week, Victoria came into (Y/N)'s dorm and woke her up. From then on, those two worked hard and smart- taking opportunities whenever they could.

Fifth year came along and the Headmaster had a hard time choosing between the two to be the Ravenclaw prefect of their year. (Y/N) declined the offer, letting Victoria take the prefect position. Although confused, Victoria proudly took the title and accepted the responsibilities.

Fifth year was the year Newt and (Y/N) reconciled. They apologized for leaving each other. They apologized for all the miscommunication. It didn't take long for them to become friends again. His affections returned, but not to the extent to what it was in their third year.

He waited to walk to classes with her before parting ways. He had "Care of Magical Creatures" while she and Victoria were headed to "Defense Against the Dark Arts". He tried his best to balance his time between Leta and (Y/N), but in the end, Leta was always with him when he would take care of his creatures.

When word got out that (Y/N) and Newt were hanging out with each other again, Victoria got concerned.

"Now, is this strictly platonic?"

"Of course it is! Newt's just a fr-... He's..." (Y/N) trailed off.

Victoria leaned her back against the bookshelf, crossing her arms over her chest. "You caught feelings again, didn't you?"

(Y/N) could only nod in agreement.

It did take time for Victoria to trust him again. Who could blame her? He broke her best friend's heart. But soon after that, she was back to being the "mom friend" of the group. (Y/N), Newt, and Leta- Victoria would do anything to protect her children friends.

That was until Newt got expelled. In Sixth Year, one of Leta's experiments involving a Jarvey went too far, endangering the life of another student. Instead of seeing his best friend expelled, Newt took the blame for Leta's actions. Victoria, (Y/N), and Leta were in the room where it happened. The Headmaster had dismissed the girls. (Y/N) and Leta left, but Victoria stayed to try and defend Newt's innocence along with Professor Dumbledore.

As they walked farther from the Headmaster's office, (Y/N) called out to Leta, trying to get her attention. She finally stopped Leta by gently holding onto her shoulder. "Leta," She said in a serious tone.

Leta turned around, moving her shoulder to get (Y/N)'s hand off. "What is it now?"

"You're really going to ask that when you're the reason Newt's being expelled? The audacity."

"I didn't ask him to do that!" Leta retorted.

(Y/N) scoffed, "He did it because he loved you, Leta! All you did was take and take from him and you loved it. You loved the attention and loyalty and you just ate it up."

"Don't talk to me about loyalty. You and Victoria had no problem ditching him when I came around. You two quickly climbed the ranks in your house. Too bad you weren't good enough to be prefect."

(Y/N) stood there in silence. No- Leta was wrong. She could've been prefect. She just chose not to take it. No hard feelings. (Y/N) just thought that Victoria would be a better candidate. Her eyes teared up- not in sadness, but anger.

Leta saw this as an opportunity to add more fuel to the fire, "And don't think I didn't notice... You loved him too."

"(Y/N)." Victoria's voice called.

(Y/N) gasped.

"Mummy's calling." Leta teased before turning to walk away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 4.2K 34
What if Ciel didn't made a deal with one demon, but instead he made a deal with two demons? Expect this one demon is special...meet (Y/n) (L/n), a sp...
25.7K 641 28
(Y/n)...different...that was what she was.... When (y/n) comes upon a group of avians like her... ( without what makes her different )... She starts...
7.7K 401 18
──── β›π—¦π—›π—’π—’π—§π—œπ—‘π—š 𝗦𝗧𝗔π—₯𝗦 π—‘π—˜π—©π—˜π—₯ π—™π—Ÿπ—¬ 𝗙𝗒π—₯ π— π—˜. 𝗠𝗬 π—›π—˜π—”π—₯𝗧𝗦 𝗒𝗑 𝗠𝗔π—₯𝗦, π—žπ—œπ—‘π——π—” 𝗛𝗔π—₯𝗗 𝗧𝗒 π—¦π—˜π—˜. 𝗕𝗨𝗧 𝗬𝗒𝗨 π—žπ—‘...
We Go On By Lysett Mora

General Fiction

812 50 17
Almost everybody in the world has gone through some pretty tough times in their life. People have different ways of coping; whether it be seeking pro...