Out Of Time (Fred Weasley)

By Enigma108

Iris Evans's parents have been lying to her, her entire life. But, deep secrets have a steep price and it on... More

Prolouge
Chapter one
Chapter 3
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter 7
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter 15
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter 19
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter 23
Chapter Twenty Four
Cast
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter 27
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter 31
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter 35
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter 39
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
3K
Chapter 43
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter 47
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter 51
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter 55
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter 59
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Epilogue
A/N -Sequel
Pranking Little Percy
A/N- Alternate Ending

Chapter Two

2.6K 104 10
By Enigma108

"What was Dumbledore thinking when he asked me to babysit you, I'm not even the head of your house." Professor Snape muttered dryly.

"The feeling is mutual." Iris said as they made their way to Ollivanders. Snape glared at her.

"This is going to be a very long day." He said with a sigh.

"You don't need to tell me." She said, throwing open the door to Ollivanders. She then hollered.

"Greetings Ollivander, I am here to get my wand."

"Are you always like this?" Snape asked.

"It depends if I had my cup of coffee. If I didn't I'd be as grouchy as you, but other than that it's my perky personality so, get used to it." Iris said sassily flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Are you sure you're not related to that idiot Potter?"

"No calling Harry names."

"I wasn't talking about Harry." Snape said annoyed. Ollivander cleared his throat behind them.

"Hello, Miss Evans." He said coming out of the shadows. He then told her to hold out her wand arm and measured it. Ollivander disappeared into the back then came back a few minutes later. He took out the wand and before he could tell her anything about it the wand exploded. The same thing happened to the next two wands.

"Interesting." Snape said. Iris glared at him.

"What's so interesting about me breaking wands?" She demanded becoming increasingly frustrated with each wand that broke. Snape didn't answer.

"Hmm... you have a big personality. Hmm... and far more powerful then she realizes."

Ollivander started bringing out much longer wands than the standard size. After what seemed like a while he took out a fourteen inch wand and handed it to her.

"Phoenix core, mahogany, fourteen inch, slightly supple." Ollivander said. Snape raised an eyebrow. Iris felt this warm feeling take over her as a light surrounded her.

"That's the one." He simply said.

"Thank you." Iris said all perky now happy that she had found her wand. Snape rolled his eyes.

"I better get going. Mr. Killjoy over here is getting quite bored." Iris said. Snape glared at her as they headed out of the shop.

"What? You wanted me to call you Lord Grease or Lord Slime? How may I be at your service Lord Slime?" Iris asked with a curtsy.

"That's ten points from Gryffindor for your cheek."

"We're not in Hogwarts so you can't take points from me, ha." Iris snickered.

"Another word out of your mouth and I'll leave you right here." Snape threatened.

"Dumbledore would not be happy with you." Iris pointed out.

"Read. My. Lips. I. Don't. Care."

"Ok, we're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz. Because, because, because, because, because. Because of the wonderful things he does."

Snape muttered something under his breath. The next thing Iris knew was that something went flying into her mouth causing her to sputter. She turned and gave Snape a dirty look.

"Now, let's go, Miss Evans."

***

"She could produce a Patronus." Fred stated in their first defense against the dark arts class.

"I've seen it. Took out a whole lot of dementors on the train ride here." George added. Iris rolled her eyes.

"It was seriously nothing. Anyone could do it."

"Look who's being miss modest." Fred teased.

"Shut up Weasley."

"Which one?" The twin asked in union.

"Both of you." She snapped. The next thing the twins knew was that their feet were glued to the floor.

"It can't be-"

"-her. Iris would never-"

"-do such a thing. Would she?"

"I'll have you know pranking is in my blood. My dad was a prankster when he was younger. The odds of me following in his footsteps are quite high." She said an evil smile playing on her lips.

"You didn't."

"I might have put crazy glue on your shoes while you two were spacing out." She said sheepishly.

"You'll pay for this." George threatened. But, before the twins could do anything Lupin walked through the door. She gave them a wink and found a spot next to Alicia Spinnet.

"Mr and Mr Weasley. Care to explain why you two are the only two standing?" Lupin inquiried.

"As much as we would love to sit down. We can't." Fred said, slightly embarrassed. He couldn't believe that the new girl had one upped them.

"And why is that?"

"We're kind of stuck to the floor." George said feeling his cheeks go as red as his hair of embarrassment. Iris smirked.

"Why do you find this so amusing?" Fred asked annoyed.

"The two greatest pranksters since the marauders are brought to their knees by a simple sticky situation." She teased. Lupin gave her a confused look before saying.

"I'm sorry to have to do this Miss Evans, but I'm going to have to take five points from Gryffindor and you have detention."

Iris shrugged.

"Not my first rodeo." She stated, taking out her text book.

"You're still forgetting about something." Fred said, extremely embarrassed by now.

"Yes, Iris. This is your fault."

"How is it my fault you two can't handle a simple prank?"

"Settle down you three." Professor Lupin ordered. He took out his wand and with a simple spell he freed the twins. The twins both glared at Iris before taking their seats.

Lupin began his lesson. Since the last two defense against the dark arts teachers were a bunch of idiots, Lupin decided to review boggarts.

"Alright everyone stand up."

Iris felt butterflies in her stomach. She knew what her fear was and she wasn't so sure she was ready to share it with everyone else. As the number of classmates slowly thinned out it was soon her turn. Iris took a deep breath and stepped in front of the wardrobe. She watched in horror as the boggart took shape into her worst fear. Her nightmare.

In front of her was a very angry Jared Evans, her father. He was rambling on about her not living up to her family motto and how she spent her time reading nonsense.

"Riddikulus." She said choking back tears. Jared Evans broke out into Irish dancing causing everyone to start laughing. Iris noticed Professor Lupin's confused look as she pushed her way to the back of the room and wiped away a few tears.

"Miss Evans I'd like to have a word with you." Lupin said after class.

"Did I do anything wrong?"

"No. It's just-"

"Well. I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date. No, time to talk, hello, goodbye, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late." She said. And then she bolted for the door. Something strange was going on. She decided to go to the Black Lake to clear her head.

As she headed for the lake a black dog came out of nowhere. He was all excited, wagging his tail as he approached her, but then slowed down. He cocked his head to the side confused.

"Oh, hi Snuffles." She said absentmindedly.

Upon hearing that name he backed away slowly. It suddenly dawned on her that this was Sirius Black in his animagus form and only his friends knew about that nickname.

"You don't need to be afraid of me. You look a lot like my old pet, Snuffles. Do you mind if I call you that?"

The dog shook its head and took a step towards her.

"I know who you are." She blurted out.

The dog nearly took off. Without even thinking she stood in front of the dog's path.

"I know you're innocent." Iris said quickly. She then took out the leftover sandwiches out her pocket and offered it to him as a peace offering. Snuffles sniffed it and then took it out of her hand.

"See that wasn't so bad." She stated, scratching behind his ears which he was beginning to enjoy. Iris wrinkled her nose.

"Next time I'm bringing flea shampoo. Trust me you stink no offense."

Iris then looked at her watch.

"Well I better get going it's supper time." Iris got up and left. As she walked to the Great Hall she remembered her family motto.

"Don't worry, Sirius,I'm going to prove you're innocent."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 13.3K 34
Lily Evans is a brilliant witch but with brilliance often comes curiosity. Her curiosity guides her to a suspicious necklace she had seen in a book o...
4.8K 138 16
Lily's life with her twin brother has been boring but calm. Mostly. After getting accepted into Hogwarts, she's pushed away by the only person she ne...
1.3M 30.2K 77
{ WARNING: This story is for 18+ readers only} (contains heavy sexual content, language, violence) Phoenix Grey; the adopted daughter of Severus Sn...
236K 9.7K 130
Iris Rosier always believed she was the odd one out. She didn't share her family's beliefs and constantly felt as though she was different from them...