Losing Control [ spencer reid...

By reidsbau

✧ -"Closing your eyes, you think of the man who's holding you; what he's been through...you and Spencer Reid... More

disclaimer
prologue
1. Spencer
2. Intense Concentration
3. Dominance and Submission
4. Oxytocin and Vasopressin
5. Guilt
6. Working the Case
7. Two Broken People
8. Beg For It
9. Indian Food and Pianos
10. You Amaze Me
11. Inferno
12. Nightmares and Dancing
13. The Eyes of a Murderer
14. Handcuffs and Propositions
15. Good Boy
16. Who's in Charge?
17. Good Vibrations
18. The Chase
19. Taking Care of You
20. Anger
21. Graduation
22. First Case
24. Family
25. Little Dove
26. Relief
27. Do You Feel Me?
28. Spencer's Letters
29. Coffee Mugs
30. For Forever
epilogue
announcement

23. Falling into You

39.1K 979 7.8K
By reidsbau

You flip through the files lying on the table in front of you, trying to pass the time. The team had left twenty minutes ago to get the unsub, Hotch asking JJ to stay behind with you. No gun = no going out into the field. Groaning, you look up at the clock on the gray police station wall.

"You're worried," JJ says, sliding into the chair next to you.

You look at her, a small smile on your face. "I think I'm mostly antsy. I wish I could have gone." Your smile turns apologetic. "I'm sorry you had to stay behind and babysit me."

JJ laughs, the sound ringing out around you like a bell. "It's alright, I'm not mad about it. Sometimes I'd rather not go into the field anyway. Plus, I have a son, so I'm used to 'babysitting', as you call it."

You nod, biting down on your bottom lip. "I can't go into the field if Spencer's going, anyway. It's too risky."

JJ lets out a small hum. "He'd take a bullet for you, you know."

You smile, glancing back down at the table, fingers fidgeting with your pants. "I know. That's the problem—I'd do the exact same for him."

"You kinda already have." She gestures to your thigh and you laugh. "Something's bothering you, though, I can tell."

You shift in your seat, sighing. "I'm thinking of asking if I can move in with Spencer. Is that weird? Too forward? Usually the guy asks the girl, right?"

JJ shakes her head. "I actually can't believe he hasn't asked you yet. You guys already practically live together, don't you?"

You stand, walking around the table. "Yeah, practically. I guess I'm just worried he'll say no."

JJ gets up and walks over to you, putting her hands on your shoulders. "Listen. That boy is crazy about you." She smiles, squeezing your shoulders softly. "I've seen the way he looks at you—you're his entire universe. He'll want you to move in with him, no doubt."

You can't help the stupid grin that crosses your face. "Thanks, JJ."

"I got your back," she says, squeezing your shoulders once more before she releases you.

JJ's phone rings and she presses it to her ear. "Hello?" Listening for a minute, a smile breaks out on her face. "That's good. See you guys in a minute." She pushes her phone in her pocket and looks at you. "They got him."

You exhale slowly, relief washing over you. "Thank god."

You sit back down at the table, playing some stupid game on your phone until you hear the police station doors open. You immediately stand, looking at the faces of your colleagues and friends as they file through the door. Two local officers are guiding the unsub inside, a young attractive man with a sinister smirk on his face. He meets you eyes, the smirk growing wider. You hold his gaze, unwavering, trying not to show fear as he's ushered away. You find Spencer's face; it lights up when he sees you, walking over to you quickly. His fingers brush your cheek softly and you close your eyes, a small smile playing on your lips.

"Thanks for not dying."

He laughs, shaking his head. "I would never."

"Listen up everyone."

Hotch's voice breaks your attention, and you and Spencer, as well as the rest of the team, turn toward him.

"Everyone did very well today." He looks at you, approval in his eyes. "Let's go home."

The team breaks off into separate cars, you and Spencer sharing a car with Rossi. He drives, glancing at you in the passenger's side. Spencer had taken the backseat—a nice little gesture. You look at Rossi, eyebrows raised.

"Yes?" You ask, mouth upturned a little at the corners.

"You did well on your first case, piccola." He smiles as he pulls in front of the jet. "I can see you becoming a valuable asset to this team."

"Thank you," you say, a blush creeping over your cheeks. "That means...a lot."

He winks at you and laughs as he opens the door. You and Spencer climb out of the car and you grab your go bag, lacing your fingers with his as you walk up the ramp to the inside of the jet. You sit at the big table next to him, keeping your fingers entwined under the table. Prentiss and Morgan sit across from you two.

"Well, newbie, you did well this time," Morgan says, a teasing smile on his face.

"Morgan, don't be mean to her!" Prentiss hits his arm and he laughs.

"Or what, pretty boy will beat me up?"

You scoff. "I'll beat you up myself—Prentiss has seen me make tough boys like you bleed."

Spencer and Prentiss burst out laughing at the shock on Morgan's face before he laughs, too. The jet ride back isn't a somber one—it's filled with conversation and laughter. This case was an easy one to start off on; that much you realize. It 's clean cut, very black and white. You know all cases aren't like that, but for now, you're going to relish in it.

You step off the jet back at FBI Headquarters, your go bag in hand. Spencer leads you back to the bullpen. You realize you don't even have a desk yet and you look at Hotch when he enters.

"Uh, Hotch—"

"I know. Give me a moment and I'll clear a desk for you."

You stand awkwardly by the door to the bullpen, rocking on your heels as everyone else sits down and starts on their paperwork. Spencer looks at you apologetically as he sits, opening the file at his desk. You click your tongue as Hotch walks back over to you.

"Follow me."

You follow him to a small desk right next to Prentiss', donned with a computer and a keyboard. A bare desk to make your own. Smiling, you thank him and sit down. Hotch explains the paperwork to you carefully before leaving you alone. You look at it, realizing you don't even have a pen.

You turn to Prentiss. "Hey, do you have—"

She holds up a pen for you without looking up, a smile on her face. You take it, thanking her, before starting on the paperwork. It's not too hard, just a little tedious. After a while, you finish, sliding the paperwork back into the file. You stand and realize everyone has pretty much left, save Spencer who's waiting for you, reading a book. You walk into Hotch's office, setting the file on his desk.

"Here you go, sir."

He nods as you set it down. "Thank you for your hard work. I'm...sorry you couldn't finish your training all the way before being pulled onto your first case."

You smile, shaking your head. "It's alright. I don't want this to sound weird, but...it was very interesting."

Hotch actually laughs—he laughs. "I rescheduled your gun qualification for tomorrow afternoon. I've been looking in at some of your practice sessions. You're quite the shot."

"I'm just a perfectionist," you reply, the grin growing wider. "But thank you, sir. I'm glad to be a part of this team."

"I'm glad you're here."

You thank him again before leaving his office, grabbing your go bag. You approach Spencer's desk, his eyes leaving the page of the book he's reading and landing on you, smiling.

"Hey, baby," he says, shutting the book and standing up.

"Hey," you reply, lacing your fingers with his.

He leans in and gives you a small kiss, smiling against your lips. "You did well today."

"Thanks, love. I bet you kicked ass in the field."

He puts the book underneath his arm, grabbing his go bag before leading you out of the bullpen. The walk to his car is slow, your hands swinging between the two of you. You throw your stuff in his backseat before climbing inside the car, leaning your head against the headrest.

As he drives to his apartment, your nerves grow little by little. You hate asking people for things—much less asking your boyfriend if you could move in with him. It seems stupid considering the fact you basically already live with Spencer, but it's not official. He reaches over and grips your hand, running his thumb in little circles. Turning your head, you smile at him.

The walk up to his place is quiet, your heart beating so loud in your chest it's a wonder it doesn't just fly out and run away from you. Spencer unlocks the door and you walk inside, dropping your bag on the ground and taking off your heels, sighing.

"God, I forgot how much I hate heels."

Spencer laughs and walks into the kitchen, leaning against the counter. "I'm glad I don't have to wear those."

You giggle, leaning against the doorway of the kitchen. You glance at the ground, trying to push the words out of your mouth but unable to. You hear the shuffle of Spencer's footsteps before you feel his fingertips under your chin, pulling your face up to meet his.

"What is it?" He asks, hazel eyes boring into you.

"Um, I..." You inhale deeply, averting your gaze. "I, um, had to move out of my dorm a couple days ago, right?" He nods. "And, uh, r-rent in the D.C. area isn't exactly c-cheap, and I already practically live here, but I was just wondering—" Spencer interrupts you with his laugh and you look back up at him, eyebrows knitting together. "What?"

"Are you asking to move in with me?" He asks, a soft smile on his face.

"I mean...yeah," you reply, biting your bottom lip. "Sorry, I'm just not...great at asking people things. I get nervous."

"You shouldn't be nervous around me," he says, an unrecognizable look in his eyes. He bites the inside of his cheek and you raise your eyebrows.

"So are you going to give me an answer?"

Spencer smiles, running his hand down your arm to lace your fingers together. "Actually, I wanted to ask you something?"

You cock your head. "What's that?"

His smile widens. "Will you marry me?"

Your heart practically stops beating, your jaw dropping open. "W-wha—"

"Stop, let me get my speech out first, I—I, uh, wrote it down." He releases your hand, fishing in his pocket until he produces a small piece of paper. The fact that a man with an eidetic memory even has to look at the words he wrote down proves he's nervous about messing up. Unfolding it, he takes a deep breath, looking at the words, then at you. "My whole life I thought I've been moving toward greatness. I memorize facts and catch criminals and read books—that's who I am. As great as I am, it turns out I've been moving through this world alone, drifting in and out of nothingness for a long time. It's like I was moving toward something, but I didn't know what." He swallows, eyes drifting back to the paper. "It didn't matter how many facts I memorized or how many books I read—nothing would have prepared me for the way I feel about you. All my life I have been falling into you." Tears spring at the corners of your eyes as you look at the man in front of you. His eyes look back up at you, glassy. "Everything I've done in this world has led me to you. Now, I memorize you. I memorize the way you speak and laugh and walk. I memorize the way your fingers feel against my cheek, or the way your lips press against mine. I've memorized you." You watch him sink down on one knee, his hand drifting to his back pocket. You can't stop the tears from falling now, letting out a small laugh as Spencer pulls out a little black velvet box. "It has been one hundred twenty eight days, twenty two hours, and forty seven minutes since I met you. I will continue counting the days for the rest of my life." He opens the box, revealing a small rose gold engagement ring, an oval opal in the middle framed by small diamonds. You inhale sharply, looking from the ring to his eyes, finding his own tears falling down his cheeks. When he speaks next, his voice breaks. "I love you. I will love you for the rest of my life, however long that may be. I will spend the rest of forever memorizing you. Will you marry me?"

You smile through your tears, cupping his face with your hands, brushing his tears away. "Spencer Reid, I am so in love with you. I have loved you forever. I will love you forever. Of course I'll marry you."

You half laugh/half shriek as Spencer shoots up, wrapping his arms around your waist, spinning you around, your hands holding tightly around his neck. He sets you down, crashing his lips against yours. You hold his face in your hands, moving your lips against his softly. Both of you are crying—together you're stupid, happy, crying messes. He breaks away, laughing softly.

"Can I..." He holds up the ring and you nod, laughing.

You hold out your left hand and Spencer slips the ring onto your ring finger, fitting perfectly. You marvel at the ring, looking at the way the opal changes color in the light.

"I, um, chose opal because of your mother," he says quietly. "The ring you have of hers is opal, so I figured—"

You cut him off with a kiss, Spencer laughing into it. Breaking away, you kiss his cheeks, his forehead, his nose, his chin; his laugh ringing throughout the room. After a minute, you break away, arms still wrapped around him.

"I'm sorry I didn't propose in a more romantic setting...I just—I dunno—felt like this was the right time? I've had the ring for a couple weeks, actually."

"Spencer, this was perfect. You could've proposed to me with a fucking Ring Pop in the middle of a gas station and I would've said yes. I love you."

His fingers run up and down your back slowly, the grin on his face growing wider. "Mrs. Spencer Reid. My fiancée."

"Oh my god, we're gonna get married," you whisper, leaning your forehead against his.

"We're getting married." His voice is soft, the smile never wavering on his face.

"So, I'm guessing that's a yes on the moving in together?"

—————————————
Author's Note
I actually cried while writing this chapter, which I NEVER do. But oh my gosh, Spencer and Reader are engaged! Yay!
The line "All my life I have been falling into you" is actually a line from one of my favorite books, Bridges of Madison County. They turned it into a musical and there's actually a song called "Falling into You" from it that I believe is the most romantic song of all time (feel free to look it up if you want).
So yes! I hope y'all enjoyed all the feels I gave you, I tried to make it really romantic and very Spencer. I love y'all and your comments and votes and such. Y'all amaze me. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

731K 19.4K 41
━━━━ 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑 〝 you know, your brain actually begins to deteriorate by age twenty-seven. 〞 〝 you must be...
58.7K 1.7K 39
★𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒇𝒊𝒄 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆, 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔...
319K 6.9K 28
Reid comes in to teach in Danny's college class. Danny, easily embarrassed and socially awkward, has a massive crush on the BAU agent. Student/teach...
1.1M 24.4K 27
"Hm," Rossi says. "You two must've been good friends." "Best friends," you say, grinning at Spencer. "Yeah," Spencer replies. "Best friends." ✧-It's...