21. Graduation

"Congrats graduate!"

You giggle as Spencer leads you inside the Striped Stormcloud, spying the familiar faces of the team and Jamie as they congratulate you. Still donning your cap and gown from the ceremony, you take the cap off your head and throw it in the air a little, the tassel spinning in the air before it comes back down.

"Oh, jeez guys, thank you!" You gush, letting go of Spencer's hand to go hug everyone around you.

Jamie hugs you first, whispering praise and kind words in your ear. Pulling back, she looks at you, eyes tearful.

"Promise me we'll still have a girl's night every once in a while?"

You grin at her, gripping her shoulders. "Of course we will! You don't think I'd abandon one of my best friends like that, do you?"

She gives you a small smile before you move to stand in front of your new team. They all clap and cheer, moving in on you to give you a big group hug. You giggle as they embrace you tightly, Garcia's voice ringing above them all.

"Congrats, angel! You freaking did it!"

They release you and you look at all of their faces. "I literally cannot wait to start working with you guys."

"How long do you have left for training?" Morgan asks, taking a sip of his beer.

Spencer arrives at your side with your usual drink and one of his own, slipping his arm around your waist. You smile up at him and take a sip before answering.

"One week," you reply. "I just have to complete my physical training and that would put on hold for a while, well, because..." You gesture to your thigh.

You're almost fully healed—no limp when you walk. Sometimes if you sleep on your side the wrong way or get up too fast, it hurts, but overall, it almost feels like the shooting didn't even happen. It did though—you're reminded of it every so often when you wake up with nightmares and the lingering scars on your face.

Talking to Spencer about it seems to help—in a twisted way, you both share the same trauma. He can relate to what you're going through, and right now, that's what you need the most. Someone who understands. Unfortunately, sometimes not even Spencer can keep the nightmares away.

Graduation snuck up on you, though—but you graduated summa cum laude with a BS in Psychology, despite juggling training at the FBI Academy, getting shot, and keeping up with your regular classes all at the same time. You even made an A in Human Behavior—Spencer assures you it's because you're actually smart and not because of the amazing sex you two have together. You like to think it's a little of both.

Hotch smiles a rare smile. "We can't wait to have you officially join our team."

"God, I can't wait." You take another sip of your drink before inhaling slowly. "I just, um, wanted to thank you all for..." You clear your throat, trying not to get teary eyed, "for being there for me and helping me out when I needed it the most."