Together Hamesha (MaNan Versi...

By IntricatelyExpressed

Nandini : Ab mei yeh natak aur nahi kar sakti Manik. You and I, it's over Manik. It's over. Two souls, Mani... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
For my Readers
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 26

804 37 0
By IntricatelyExpressed

In the parking lot

Manik, Alya, Dhruv and Cabir were standing near Manik's car when Mukti came back. 

Mukti : Chalo guys! 

She said and started to walk towards the hospital entrance. 

Manik : Kaha jaa rahi hai? Gaadi toh yaha hai. 

Manik furrowed his brows and stated while pointing towards the car. The others had confused expressions etched on their faces too. 

Mukti : Kya matlab kaha jaa rahi hu? Nandini ko dekhne. 

Everyone's eyes widened in surprise. 

Cabir : Mukti tu thik toh hai na? Abhi andar itna kuch hua aur…

Manik : Abhimanyu ka phone tha?

Manik interrupted him. Everyone shifted their gaze towards Manik.

Mukti : Haa. Nandini ke Chacha - Chachi chale gaye hai. 

As soon as the words left Mukti's mouth, a gigantic smile spread across Manik's face. Chachi had indeed done what she had said!

Manik : Chal!

He said excitedly and started walking towards the entrance. When he sensed that Cabir, Alya and Dhruv were still rooted to their places, he turned around to look at them.

Manik : Come on guys, let's go! 

Looking at their hesitant faces, Manik spoke again.

Manik : Guys, I know andar jo hua uske baad y'all are very hurt. I'm sorry I didn't stand up for you guys inside. I know maine galat kia lekin mere paas koi proof nahi tha ki Chacha jo keh rahe the woh aadha sach hai. Par ab mei kuch sahi karna chahta hu. I know jitna mei Nandini ki health ko lekar tensed hu, utna hi tumlog bhi ho. Aur jitna mei usse dekhne me liye desperate hu utna hi tumlog bhi ho. Isliye chalo. Kuch bhi nahi hoga. 

He threw a reassuring smile their way. Seeing confidence in Manik's eyes, they all nodded their heads in agreement and started moving towards the hospital.

Outside Nandini's room

Abhimanyu was pacing outside the room when Fab 5 arrived. As soon as he spotted them, he rushed towards them.

Abhimanyu : Are y'all okay? I'm sorry I couldn't come behind you guys because I thought staying here was more important. 

Abhimanyu lowered his lashes. He knew the pain that Manik may have felt when he was asked to stay away from Nandini against his own will. He knew what the others had been feeling too. And not being able to be there for them, filled his heart with guilt. Manik kept a hand on his shoulder. 

Manik : No Abhimanyu. You did the right thing. Agar tum yaha nahi rukte toh hum sab Nandini ko dekhne aa hi nahi paate. So thank you!

Manik passed a grateful smile. Abhimanyu smiled back at him.

Alya : Lekin Nandini ke Chacha-Chachi yaha se gaye kaise? 

Everyone glanced at Alya. This thought hadn't crossed their minds until now. Manik had a knowing smile on his face. He knew it had been Chachi's plan so that he could at least have some time with Nandini. Abhimanyu went on to explain how Chachi had asked him to insist on waiting and send Chacha and her away. She hadn't told Abhimanyu why she wanted him to do this. She had simply asked for a favour. And he couldn't deny it. Confusion clouded everyone's features expect Manik as Abhimanyu told them what had taken place. 

Dhruv : Lekin aunty aisa kyu karengi? 

Dhruv voiced out the question that was troubling everyone's mind.

Manik : Kyunki woh sab jaanti hai. 

No one understood what Manik meant. Seeing their confused faces, Manik started narrating how Chachi had come to him after everything that took place, how she knew about his and Nandini's relationship and how she was on their side. Their expressions changed from confusion to shock to happiness in a matter of seconds. 

Manik : Chachi bestest hai! Unhone mujhse kaha tha ki woh kuch karengi and see, she did it! 

Manik chirped. Optimism twinkled in his eyes. He had pinned his hopes on Chachi and as always, she hadn't let him down. He was glad to have someone from Nandini's family by his side when Nandini herself couldn't.

Cabir : Lekin Nandini ke Chacha ko kisne call kia hoga? Aisa kaun hai jo hamara past ke baare mei sab kuch jaanta hai aur iss tarah usse hamare against use kar raha hai?

Cabir questioned out of the blue. The smile wiped off Manik's face because deep down, he knew who was behind all this. 

Manik : Hum sab jaante hai ki yeh kaam sirf ek hi insaan ka ho sakta hai. 

Cabir, Mukti, Alya and Dhruv gaped at Manik as realization dawned on their faces. They hadn't thought of that person until Manik put the thought in their minds. But Abhimanyu was clueless of who this mystery person was. 

Abhimanyu : Kiska? 

He queried. Manik looked towards him. 

Manik : Don't worry about it. Mei uss insaan ke khilaaf proof collect kar lunga. 

He said dismissively.

Manik : Moreover, that's not our concern right now. Our concern right now is Nandini. We need to focus on her. Mei Dr. Mehra se jaakar milkar aata hu. Unse Nandini ki health ke baare mei puch leta hu. 

He stated. 

Dhruv : Hum bhi chalte hai. 

Manik nodded his head and they all headed to Dr. Mehra's cabin.

Fab 5 and Abhimanyu reached Dr. Mehra's cabin. Manik knocked on the door. 

Dr. Mehra : Come in.

Dr. Mehra's voice came from inside. Manik pushed the door open and they all entered the cabin. Dr. Mehra looked up from the file he was studying. 

Dr. Mehra : Arey tumlog. Come sit. 

He offered them to sit. Manik and Mukti sat on the chairs while the others just stood around. 

Manik : Nandini kaisi hai doctor?

Manik asked. Although it had just been 3 hours since the operation was completed, his heart hoped for some good news about the progress of her health. Dr. Mehra sighed before replying. He understood what Manik meant to ask.

Dr. Mehra : Manik, it will take time before we can see actual progress. Right now, Nandini's health is the same as it was after the operation ended. But the better part is that there have been no complications or side effects from the surgery yet. We need to give time to her brain to recover from the trauma. She's been through a life threatening surgery. And coming out of the operation theatre alive, was a miracle in itself. Also, until there's substantial progress for withdrawal of sedatives, faith and hope is all we have. 

Dr. Mehra looked at them with sympathetic eyes. Although a part of Manik's heart had anticipated this was coming, it still hurt to hear those words out loud. Mukti kept a hand on his shoulder. Manik glanced at her and she blinked her eyes in reassurance. Manik slightly bobbed his head and turned towards Dr. Mehra. 

Manik : Kya hum usse mil sakte hai? 

He asked expectantly. Dr. Mehra lips curved in a genuine smile. 

Dr. Mehra : Ofcourse, y'all can. But go in one by one and make sure there's not a lot of noise. Also, try not to cry in front of her or talk about negative things or situations. It is believed that coma patients can sense whatever takes place in their surroundings. I know this will be difficult but try to keep up a happy front while around Nandini. Talk to her about her best memories. Remind her of her happy moments. That may have a positive impact on her brain. And staying in a positive and cheerful environment helps in speeding up the healing process. 

Dr. Mehra explained while the others carefully listened to him. They all nodded, took their leaves and headed back towards Nandini's room. 

Outside Nandini's room

Manik peered inside Nandini's room through the transparent window on the ICU door. Tears welled up in his eyes as he caught sight of her. Would he ever be prepared to see her surrounded by all these machines on a hospital bed? No matter the number of times he would be subjected to this view, his heart would prick just as it did the first time. His melancholic reverie was broken when Cabir touched his arm. Manik gulped back his tears and turned around with a fake smile plastered on his face. They were already worried about Nandini. He didn't want any of them to lose sleep over him too. 

Cabir : Manik, tu jaa Nandini ke paas. Hum sab usse kal mil lenge. Waise bhi bahut late hogaya hai. I think we all should head home. 

Manik looked around at everyone and nodded. 

Abhimanyu : I'll wait here. 

Abhimanyu announced. 

Manik : Abhimanyu, tum bhi kal hi waapis aaye ho. You must be tired too. I think you should also go and take some rest. Mei Nandini ke saath hu yaha. Aur agar kuch bhi hoga toh I'll call you. 

Manik assured. 

Abhimanyu : Nahi Manik. Hum koi bhi risk nahi le sakte hai. Uncle ko lagta hai ki mei yaha Nandini ke saath ruka hu. Isliye better yeh hi hoga ki mei bhi yaha ruku. Agar galti se bhi uncle ne tumhe yaha Nandini ke saath dekh liya toh hum sab ke liye bahut problem ho sakti hai. Fir toh woh mujhe bhi Nandini ke aas paas nahi rehne denge aur hum sab mei se kisiko bhi Nandini ki health ke baare mei kuch nahi pata hoga. So let me stay. Tum Nandini ke saath room mei rehna aur mei waiting area mei ruk jaaonga. Fir subah, Uncle-Aunty ke aane se pehle tum ghar chale jaana aur mei Nandini ke room mei aa jaunga. 

Abhimanyu explained as the others pondered over the consequences. 

Mukti : Abhimanyu thik keh raha hai. We can't risk anything. Not until we have proof to substantiate the allegations put on us. 

Manik nodded in understanding. 

Manik : Okay. Tum yaha ruk jaao. And..

Before Manik could complete, Mukti intervened.

Mukti : Aur mei bhi. 

All heads shot in her direction. Abhimanyu walked towards her.

Abhimanyu : Nahi Mukti. Tum ghar jaao. Mei aur Manik yaha ruk rahe hai naa. So you go. Tumhe bhi rest karne ki zarurat hai. 

Mukti ignored Abhimanyu.

Mukti : Maine keh dia na. Mei yaha ruk rahi hu. That's it!

She was adamant. But Abhimanyu tried to persuade her one more time.

Abhimanyu : Mukti, it's not needed. Manik and I will manage…

But before he could complete, Mukti glimpsed towards Manik and interrupted. 

Mukti : Manik isse bol na. Ek toh itne mahino tak yeh mujhe akele chod kar chala gaya tha aur ab jab mei yaha iske saath rukna chahti hu toh yeh mujhe ghar bhejne ki baat kar raha hai. 

She said it all in one breath. But as soon as she realized what she had just blurted, her hands flew to her mouth. Abhimanyu's face fell and he focused his gaze on the ground. The others gaped at Mukti in astonishment. She concentrated her attention back to Abhimanyu. 

Mukti : I'm sorry Abhimanyu. Mera woh matlab nahi tha. I don't know kaise.. I'm so sorry.

She apologized profusely. Abhimanyu looked up at her. 

Abhimanyu : Tum kyu sorry bol rahi ho? Tumne kuch galat nahi kaha hai. After all, it's the truth. 

He said nonchalantly but the sadness in his voice gave away the regret he felt. Mukti hated herself for bringing it up. Tears brimmed in her eyes. The atmosphere turned tense. Manik knew he had to do something to lighten it. 

Manik : Okay Mukti, tu yaha ruk sakti hai. Abhimanyu tujhe jaane ke liye nahi bolega. Lekin sirf uske saath baatein karne ke liye yaha rukna. Aur kuch karne ke liye nahi. Hamara Abhimanyu bahut seedha hai. Pata chala subah tak tune uske saath kya kya kar dia hai. Aur woh kisiko muh dikhane ke layak nahi bacha. 

Manik chuckled and so did everyone else. Mukti glared at him. But a smile spread across Abhimanyu's face. Manik signalled her to look at Abhimanyu. Seeing the smile return to his face, Mukti understood Manik's intentions.

Manik : Chalo ab mei apni girlfriend ke paas jaata hu aur tu apne boyfriend ke paas ruk. 

He turned towards the others.

Manik : Aur tumlog sab bhi ghar jaakar aaram kar lo. It has been a tiring day. 

Everyone bid their goodbyes to Abhimanyu, Mukti and Manik and left. Mukti and Abhimanyu headed towards the waiting area. After drawing in a deep breath, Manik turned the door knob and entered the ICU. He dropped off his façade as he walked towards the bed where Nandini lay. But Dr. Mehra's words rang in his ears. 

"I know this will be difficult but try to keep up a happy front while around Nandini. Talk to her about her best memories. Remind her of her happy moments."

He sat down on the stool near her bed. Taking her hand in his, he tried to put on a smile. It was difficult but for Nandini, he would have given away his life without a second thought. So, sidelining his pain was nothing if it meant that her health would be positively impacted. 

Manik : Hey! Kaisi ho? I know tum yeh sab isliye kar rahi ho kyunki tum mujhse naraaz ho. Lekin mei bhi Manik Malhotra hu. Tumhe manaye bina chodunga nahi. 

He smirked as a teardrop rolled down his cheek. It was a good thing that Nandini couldn't see him. Manik swallowed the lump in his throat and wiped off the drop of tear. A distant look clouded his features.

Manik : Hum kya the aur aaj hum kya hai Nandini. Kisne socha tha ki do log, jo ek doosre ki presence tolerate bhi nahi kar paate the, woh ek doosre se itna pyaar karne lagenge. Jab hum mile the toh fight karne ke alawa kuch nahi karte the. Agar tab mujhse koi yeh kehta ki kabhi mei tumse pyaar karne lagunga, toh mei uss insaan ke saamne hass deta aur kehta ki usse kisi doctor ke paas apne dimaag ka treatment karwane ki zarurat hai. 

Manik chuckled. He looked at Nandini but her face held a blank expression. What else was he expecting? A smile? A chuckle? He shook his head at his stupidity and continued.

Manik : Lekin aaj dekho, mei yaha hu, tumhare paas. Kyu? Kyunki mei tumse itna pyaar karta hu ki tumse dur rehna, mere liye iss duniya ka sabse difficult task hai. Ab tum sochogi ki Manik kitna cheesy hai. Sirf cheesy lines bolta rehta hai. Par jo bhi hu, jaisa bhi hu, mei yeh hi hu. Aur ab iss cheesy insaan ki cheesiness ke saath tumhe apni puri life spend karni padegi. And secretly, tum meri iss cheesiness par marti ho. I know, I know! Ab mei hu hi itna awesome. 

He boasted. Under normal circumstances, Nandini would have just rolled her eyes and told him that he was being self-absorbed. And the smile on her face would have disclosed how much she agreed to him. But this situation wasn't normal and neither was Nandini. Manik let out a sigh but didn't lose hope. He revisited all those times when they had been happy as he narrated those memories to Nandini. He didn't realize when he dozed off with his head on Nandini's hand. 

Next morning, Mukti and Abhimanyu came to Nandini's room. Their eyes fell on Manik's sleeping form. None of them had the heart to wake him up from his slumber but they had to. Chacha-Chachi would be here in some time and before their arrival, Manik and Mukti needed to leave. Abhimanyu lightly shook Manik by his shoulders. 

Abhimanyu : Manik.

He called out softly. Manik stirred a little and lifted his head to look at the source of disturbance. As his eyes adjusted to the light and registered his surroundings, everything that took place yesterday flashed in front of his eyes. His face immediately turned towards Nandini. She was in the same position as the previous night. 

Mukti : Hume chalna chahiye Manik. Uncle-Aunty kabhi bhi aate honge. 

Still staring at Nandini, Manik got up from his seat. He placed a soft kiss on Nandini's forehead and whispered an "I love you" to her. He turned around and glanced at Abhimanyu.

Manik : Keep me updated about her condition. And please take care of her. 

Abhimanyu : Don't worry Manik. Mei har second ki update tumhe deta rahunga. And I'll take care of her. Woh bahut jaldi thik ho jaayegi. 

Abhimanyu passed a comforting smile. Manik nodded gratefully. He didn't want to leave but he wasn't left with any other option. With one last glance at Nandini and a heavy heart, he left from there along with Mukti. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 11.9K 89
It is said that first impression is the last impression. But this story changed the meaning of this quote. The first meeting of Nandini and Manik wa...
418K 18.3K 41
In this story there is misunderstanding between manik and nandini... that's why there are not together.... nandini left Mumbai... so how will they me...
115K 7.7K 23
Two Souls Craving for True Love.....โค Two souls Separated Due to Circumstances.... Missing Each Other....... Will their thirst of love ever be satisf...
191K 13.7K 41
Childhood best friends but got separated. They meet after 12 years. They fell in love. They were about to tie with each other with auspicious nupt...