cold coffee | jumin han.

De Whothefuckisvideo

─────⊹⊱𑁍⊰⊹─────⁣ ⁣ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ˚ ᵎ┊͙⁣ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⋆* ❁۪ ˚⁺⑅⁣ ⁣ ⠀⠀⠀ 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙛𝙛𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙣... Mais

━━━━ introduction.
━━━━ epigraph.
━━━━ prologue.
━━━━ chapter one.
━━━━ chapter two.
━━━━ chapter four.
━━━━ chapter five.
━━━━ chapter six.
━━━━ special !
━━━━ chapter seven.
━━━━ chapter eight.
━━━━ chapter nine.

━━━━ chapter three.

237 23 17
De Whothefuckisvideo

"a little ridiculous is nice sometimes."

OPHELIA CHAN WAS REFRESHING .

ever since the late night email exchange , jumin and her exchanged texts often . texts that were not 'strictly work' enough to be qualified as professional .  they talked about the most mundane things ,  and somehow ― much to jumin's surprise ― ophelia could make the simplest things sound exciting . it was as if she lived in a romanticized movie ,  where everything was fun and beautiful . and despite being so ,  she was by no means a girl who saw the world with rose - tinted lenses ,  which was what made jumin look forward to talking with her .

even during office hours ,  the corporate heir sneaked a glance every five minutes  ;  for some unknown reason ,  jumin pretended his best to be subtle about his enthusiasm . it was almost as if a teenage boy hiding his secret rendezvous from his school friends ― in other words ― plainly ridiculous .  but that didn't mean he could stop himself either .

this went on for a week ,  until he was informed in one of his chats with ophelia that shizuka had planned a meeting to explain the ad strategy they'd come up with for the plan and discuss it with jumin . will you be coming too ?― he'd asked immediately ,  somehow feeling embarrassed after the text was sent―and she'd replied with a cheeky 'would you like me to ?'. something ,  he wouldn't deny ,  he would like very much . 

the meeting was set on the coming friday ,  and jumin could swear the thursday prior was the longest day he'd ever had to bear in his life . even office didn't have much work that day ,  as if to mock him further . however ,  once he'd entered his penthouse ,  it was as if the dullness in his movements vanished immediately when he realized :  tomorrow .

he spent more time picking his outfit for the next day than he had in years ,  and found himself absently whistling as he went on with his night time routine ,  checking emails ,  eating dinner ,  brushing elizabeth the third's fur . perhaps he was catching the 'ophelia' syndrome , too .

the morning next he was especially cheery ,  wishing his employees good morning as he so often did ,  but this time with a smile .  there was a slight jump in his step too . not just that ,  he'd even dressed differently this time ,  switching to a red tie instead of his usual black one ,  and a crisp white shirt underneath the three piece . everyone in the building was curious about the sudden change in the director's demeanor―jaehee kang most of all . he was almost pleasant today ,  and that simply gave her anxiety  :  please don't let this be another cat project idea ,  she prayed in her head .

surprisingly ,  she waited the whole day for another of his cat related ideas to pop it's ugly head up her files ,  but it didn't .  what didn't change though ,  was jumin's newfound energy which seemed to only grow more as the time passed . and on it's set time ,  a reminder for the meeting scheduled for today rang on her phone .

but it seemed jumin didn't need to be informed , for just as she rose from her seat to inform him ,  the director skipped out of his office on his own , surprising jaehee once again . seeing her standing ,  he looked surprised for a moment ,  then knowing .

" ah ..  asisstant kang . " he addressed her ,  to which jaehee replied with a tentative " yes ,  mr. han ? " 

" i was thinking ,  how about you sit this one down ?  i think i can handle the meeting on my own ,  you can stay back in the office to catch up on anything ,  or take a leave if you want to . "  he said coolly .  jaehee stared at him with incredulous eyes ,  as if waiting for him to say 'sike' and then throw another pile of paperwork on her desk . but instead jumin stared back at her ,  waiting for a reply .

" i ..  i guess i can do that . " she replied without wasting a second ,  were he to change his mind , and instantly fled from the desk to collect her stuff . 

jumin proceeded to stride out of the building ,  and headed over to the limo that was waiting for him . the headquarters of edgar internationals weren't too far from the C&R's building ,  so it didn't take much time for jumin to reach the building . 

unlike C&R ,  the headquarters of edgar internationals were less sleek and more modern ,  with their abstract blocks and the colour combination of white ,  black and beige giving the onlookers a clear hint of the creativity of the work they did . 

however as soon as he was about to step in ,  he saw mr. shizuka storming out of the building with ophelia in tow , holding his bag . she called for him   and nervously he made a u turn to collect the bag before skipping over to his car with quick steps and zooming off . everything seemed to have happened in a blink of an eye ,  and jumin just stood there ,  still stunned .

it was the sweet voice of ophelia that pulled him back to reality ,  as she snapped her fingers in front of his face ,  " hey !  earth to jumin ! " jumin looked down at her when she called him by his name  ( perhaps for the first time―in person . )

" what was up with him ? " he asked ,  face confused . ophelia gave him a dazzling smile ,  " he and his wife's been expecting ,  the call was from his wife . apparently she's due . "  jumin replied with an understanding nod ,  finding it hard to cloak the disappointment as he spoke ,  " so  ..  shall we reschedule the meeting some other day ? "

ophelia nodded ,  giving him a shrug with a look on her face that said 'seems like we've got to' ― however ,  the light bulb ahead her head moment was far too apparent on her face the next second ,  as she questioned .

" on a side note ,  are you free today ? "

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

9.4K 341 52
SYPNOSIS MC was given the opportunity to turn back time and RESTART her life in one condition...SHE NEEDS TO SAVE FIVE PEOPLE FROM THE TRAGEDY OF THE...
322K 17.1K 54
"But I don't want someone else mother"jungkook yelled. "I don't want someone else. I only want him. I wanted Jimin since the first time I saw him. B...
56.9K 3.6K 41
[ JUMIN X SEVEN/THIS IS NOT A CHARACTER X MC FIC ] Migraines are Jumin's greatest enemy. And the stress that comes with it doesn't make things any be...
38.9K 1.1K 26
When you were younger you and your friends put your faith in heroes, but after seeing a different side of them things change... You were friends with...