Daylight

By RezuuRoar

Sasuke has long forgotten his quest for revenge thanks to Naruto. He can now finally move on to accept what l... More

Daybreak
Spring
Light
A New Dawn Pt.1
A New Dawn Pt.2
A New Dawn Pt.3
A New Dawn Pt.4
Sunrise
Twilight
Dusk Pt.1
Dusk Pt.2
Moonlight Pt.1
Moonlight Pt.2
Aurora Pt.1
Aurora Pt.2
Sunset Pt.1
Sunset Pt.2
Flicker
Sunlight Pt.1
Starlight
Glow
Sundown
Spark
Afterglow Pt.1
Afterglow Pt.2
Dayspring
Kindle Pt.1
Kindle Pt.2
Midnight
Dawn
Nightfall
Scarlet Spring
Illuminate
Cosmos Pt.1
Cosmos Pt.2
Ignite
Daylight
Author's Note/Outtake

Sunlight Pt.2

938 26 35
By RezuuRoar

The midday sun loomed high above them as the crowd of leaves chattered amongst themselves amidst the wind. There wasn't a speck of white in sight amongst the clear blue sky. The Uchiha family swam beneath the vast ocean of the blanket that hung above them, nodding and smiling at civilians who gawked at them as they made their way to Sasuke's in-laws. Sasuke had been weighing how he would approach them - wonder what their reaction would be as they knew of his sins of having abandoned their precious daughter. Had the knowledge of a granddaughter fuelled their anger, proof that he had done more than abandon Sakura, but also break a sacred promise? Would they overlook the disrespect and heartache he had caused by accepting their new additions to their family? He wasn't sure. But he had faith that the gleam in his child's eye would be enough to win them over, and so he welcomed the sunlight that kissed his raven hair. 

They stood on a road lined with houses, as if they were touching shoulder to shoulder. Sakura inhaled before knocking on the door. The whispers on the road passed by behind them before the door creaked open. A burly man with dusty pink hair grinned at them, a complete contrast to his blonde wife who was wearing a scowl. Kizashi stood a few inches shorter than Sasuke, but he paraded them in with the confidence of a giant. 

Once inside the living room, Mebuki gave her daughter a piece of her mind. 

"Sakura!", Mebuki scolded. "Is this how you greet your parents? You just leave everything behind one night, are gone for almost a year, and then I have to hear from the HOKAGE that you're MARRIED?! This is not how I raised you! Not even a single letter! Do you know how WORRIED we were?" 

Kizashi put a hand on her shoulder, and attempted to calm her down. "Now, Mebuki. She's here now, isn't she? And with a little gem as well." Kizashi let go of his angered wife and strolled over towards his son-in-law and grinned down at Sarada who was resting in Sasuke's arm. "She's a real beauty. Definitely gets her looks from her grandpa." He winked at Sasuke. 

Mebuki's jaw tightened. "THAT is a surprise. Why did I have to hear from Ino that I had a granddaughter? Seriously, Sakura. Maybe now that you have a child of your own you'll stop this foolish obsession over your beloved 'Sasuke-kun' and start acting like a responsible adult." 

Sakura glanced at Sasuke with a look that could only have meant an apology on her parent's behalf. "Mum, I'm sorry about all that," Sakura apologised half-heartedly, turning towards her mother again. "But if you're not going to look after Sarada, then I'm afraid we'll have to find someone else last minute-"

"That won't be necessary," Mebuki cut her off. Mebuki took three strides towards Sasuke and disentangled Sarada from her father. "She is my blood after all..." Her anger subsided and in its place contentment appeared, as she lowered her voice. "And I'm happy you both have decided to settle down. I just wish I could have been at my only child's wedding. But all that doesn't matter now. You're together and safe."

Sasuke smiled at Sakura.  He turned back to his in-laws and slightly bowed his head. "Thank you both, and I'm sorry for all I've done." 

Kizashi slapped Sasuke on the back and guffawed. "Don't worry about it, son. You brought our deranged daughter home and gave us even more." He continued to bark out laughter. The corner of Sasuke's lips curled upwards slightly as he closed his eyes, forming invisible bonds with his family. 

Sasuke pretended to listen to Kizashi's lame jokes and bad puns as Sakura placed the bag of essentials at the foot of the sofa, explaining to her mother when Sarada's next feed should be. They left and made their way towards Ichiraku. Sakura nudged Sasuke with her left shoulder. 

"Hm?"

"What did you make of that?" She asked, an eyebrow raised. 

"It didn't go that bad."

"You think?" She titled her head slightly. 

"I believe in Sarada. She's like you, she can easily win people over," he said casually. The compliment made Sakura blush and bite her lower lip. She looked away as she slowly reached out and found his fingers, her soft slender ones in his calloused larger ones. He relented and allowed her to have this moment. Their feet led them towards a route they were both all too familiar with, but the stalls and stores they were used to seeing had been replaced, modern buildings sat in their place. Sakura mumbled something about coming the wrong way when they heard their names being yelled from a few stores down. Sasuke loosened his grip, and freed his fingers from Sakura as they came closer to the group of childhood friends and their lovers crowding around a restaurant that hung fresh flaps that read 'Ichiraku Ramen' in red lettering from the roof. The glass windows on either side of the metallic door had patterned vertical lines, obstructing curious customers from peeping and forcing them to enter the hero's favourite ramen diner to fully experience the aroma that seduced the road.

"You made it on time!" Ino said, greeting the Uchiha couple with a warm smile. "Thank God you don't take after your old Sensei." Ino put her arm through her husband's, and the Yamanaka's entered the restaurant, the metallic door swishing aside without a touch to prompt it. 

The Uchiha couple exchanged greetings with the rest of the group inside. A waiter greeted the group, and ushered them in. The windows behind them were lined vertical and horizontal lines, forming squares, with the proud leaf insignia seated in the middle. Opposite the entrance lay the counter, and a cashier register where more unfamiliar staff waited behind. The theme of the restaurant was comprised of yellow walls and red seats scattered along the walls of the famous restaurant. Wooden stools rested in front of the counter, waiting patiently for customers to claim them.

The group of friends, old and new, all sat around two large circle tables on the left far side of Ichiriaku, couples sitting shoulder to shoulder. Around one circle table sat Sakura and Sasuke, on his right sat Naruto Uzumaki, and his wife Hinata Uzumaki; the table circled, and on her right sat Shikamaru and Temari Nara; and finally, sitting beside Sakura's left sat Ino and Sai Yamanaka. The second table that their group had occupied sat Choji and a female ninja who had moved from Kumogakure and had introduced herself stiffly as Karui Akimichi - the glances she gave to Sasuke were like daggers staking his soul; Kiba and Tamaki - Sasuke recognised her from his childhood as the granddaughter of the cat lady who worked for the Uchiha clan and when he had visited her with his old team Taka; known for her immaculate art of weaving the Uchiha crest onto clothing - sat on Karui's right. Shino, Tenten, Lee and his wife - a black haired civilian - sat on the remaining seats. Everyone was still busy choosing their order when the Uzumaki's received theirs. As regulars, the staff already knew their order, and as they had a voucher for life no time was wasted on exchanging money for their miso soup ramen with extra naruto toppings. Once the rest of the group had ordered their meals, the Uzumaki's were already on their seconds. 

"Wow, this place really has changed," Sakura piped up, looking around in awe, adoring the ceiling lights that shone brightly down on her. "I would have never thought this place could house so many customers." 

"I told you you'd be surprised," Shikamaru reminded her, an amused smirk on his lips. 

"Yeah, dattebayo!" Naruto chimed in. "The Ichirikau guy requested to expand the restaurant once he heard Hinata was pregnant. He said it was a gift for my family, so I can share my love for ramen with my growing family and friends." Naruto shared a wide grin, and Hinata blushed on cue. 

Temari narrowed her eyes at Naruto. "You've been coming here since you were a kid, right?" Her voice was dripping in disbelief and a droll tone she could have only inherited from her husband.

"Yup."

"And you still don't know his name?"

"N-No I do!" Naruto stammered. "It's u-uh T- Uh.." 

"Teuchi", Hinata offered quietly. 

"Yeah, yeah. Teuchi, see? I know his name!" Naruto rubbed the back of his head with his bandaged arm and grinned down at Hinata. 

"Loser," Sasuke breathed out almost silently. 

"Hey! Don't 'loser' me, Sasuke!" Naruto snapped back, whilst Sakura was lost in a conversation with Ino and Sai. "When I'm Hokage, I'll know everyone's name in the village! From your Sarada to Teuchi." 

"I'm surprised you even know my daughter's name, hn," Sasuke provoked. 

"Well it is my duty as future Hokage to know the names of the future shinobi," Naruto winked at Sasuke, before turning to the Nara couple. "That'll definitely be a Shika- something-" he pointed behind him with a thumb. "-and that'll be a Cho something. I'm already on it." 

Naruto's remark caught Sakura's attention. She gaped at Temari and Shikamaru. "Huh? So you're... Congratulations! You look like you can't be anymore than 4 months pregnant judging by your shape." 

"Yeah, soon enough I'll have another lazy pain in the ass to deal with," Temari snarked. Snickers erupted from around the table. 

"Ah, and Karui," Sakura spoke, her voice distant as she was lost in thought. "At first glance, you'd think she had just embraced the Akimichi clan fully. But by looking at her... I can only conclude that she's five months pregnant." 

"Right on the mark," Shikamaru confirmed. 

Sakura turned towards Ino. "So... that leaves only you, Ino." Ino waved her hands in front of her face, flustered. "Huuuh?" 

Sakura sneered, "Well, don't you three do everything together? Ino-Shika-Cho and all that?"

Ino regained her composure. "Well me and Sai decided we wanted to enjoy married life together for a little bit-"

"That's not true," Sai interrupted, a smile painting his face. "Me and Ino have been very busy everyday and night-"

"SAI!" Both Ino and Sakura yelled. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot we don't talk about those things in restaurants," Sai apologised in a robotic manner, the smile still pinned onto his face. "The books I've been reading on marital relations stated that talking about intimacy between a husband and his wife should not be spoken about in public, so I've been trying to tone it down a bit-" Sai was interrupted by the waiters serving their meals and serving the Uzumaki's their fifth bowls. The classmates thanked the waiters before Sai continued. "Although Kakashi advised me that I don't need to always follow the advice from the books I read, and he explained to me that the engagement ring I gifted Ino is not a custom that is followed in the Land of Fire..." 

Sasuke kept to himself as he observed from the corner of his eye Naruto feeding his wife with chopsticks. His friends and family, enjoined in each other's company, laughing and bickering together... this was all thanks to this dork that sat beside him. Sasuke was still lost in thought, enjoying as the warm juice of his meal satisfied his hunger, when he noticed Naruto gaping, wide eyed at Sasuke's wife. Ino was yelling for napkins, and Shikamaru huffed out what sounded like a 'what a drag'. Sasuke turned his head around to face his flustered wife to set his eyes on what the commotion was all about. Her face was a bright red, as red as her dress... but her chest was an even deeper red, visibly wet as it revealed how much her breasts had enlarged over the duration of her pregnancy. 

"They're... almost... as big as Hinata's was before she became pregnant..." Naruto gasped out loud. Sasuke narrowed his eyes at Naruto, activating his sharingan with a look that could kill. Naruto caught onto his glare, and gulped before turning to an equally red-faced Hinata, stammering his apologies and explanations. None of the napkins which Ino was using to dab Sakura's breasts could console her. Unaware of any other solution, Sasuke pulled his navy blue top off and pulled it over Sakura's head without a single word of explanation. Immediately, squeals across the rest of the restaurant erupted at the sight of the bare chested Uchiha. Sakura looked up at her husband and stuttered, "O-oh, thank you, Sasuke-kun." She rested her head on his shoulder, and her flushed face ceased to its original creamy complexion. "You're such a sweetheart." 

Embarrassed at the public display of affection, Sasuke nudged her off before getting out of his seat. "Huh? Darling? Are we going?"

"Yeah," he replied, straining his voice attempting to keep his irritation in check. Sakura thanked their friends for arranging the meal, and followed Sasuke's lead towards the counter where he was paying for both of their meals. It was once Sakura had her back to her group of friends that Tamaki piped up, "Oh, Uchiha-san!" She caught the attention of both the Uchiha members who turned to look at her. "I noticed Sasuke doesn't have the Uchiha symbol on his t-shirt. Don't hesitate to ask me if you want your family crest on your clothing. Now that I live in Konoha, Sasuke-san shouldn't worry about travelling outside." Sakura smiled and thanked her. "We'll be sure to come to you if we need anything." Just as she finished expressing her gratitude, she felt her left wrist become enslaved and dragged out into the sunlight. 

He teleported them outside of their home. He unclasped his firm grip and used his key to barge the door open. 

"Uh... Sasuke-kun?" Sakura asked, apprehensively reaching out towards his lone arm. 

Sasuke glowered down at her. "What time did you tell your parents we'll pick Sarada up?" He asked, his voice dangerously low. 

"Erm, after sunset. I thought we'd be spending the whole day with... Darling, are you okay?" Her warm fingers had found his cool skin. Her touch was electrifying. 

"Say my name," his voice was gruff as he whispered down to her, slowly leaning forward until their foreheads touched. 

"Eh?" 

"Say. It," he demanded. 

"Sasuke," she breathed out. He closed his eyes in response, bathing in the sweet sound of her voice. She let go of his arm as she felt him relax, but his hand only found her upper left arm. 

"Touch me," he insisted, his grave whispers a lullaby to her ears. She complied with his wishes, and held his hand. He kissed her diamond seal, and lead her up the steps towards their bedroom. The 'WELCOME HOME' banner still hung above them as he took his top off of her and unbuttoned the top of her dress. He pushed her down until pink hair met white plump pillows. 

"Sasuke, aren't we going to get changed and meet with everyone at the Hyuuga compound to meet Boruto? That's what Ino was saying-"

"Shut up." 

He clambered on top of her and balanced himself on his stump as he stroked the skin that hid her heart. "Nobody looks at these except me and Sarada. Nobody." The fire in his eyes raged, as his scowl deepened. Sakura pushed him off her, so he knelt beside her as she sat up. "Is THAT what this is about? Sometimes I wonder who's the hormonal one here," she teased, giggling. His frown deepened. 

She lightly placed her hand over his own heart, feeling it thud beneath her palms. "But I'm not sure if you really want to finish what we started last night... My body's changed a lot over the last couple of months, and my stomach, as Ino kept pointing out, is as big as Choji's-"

"Shut up about Ino. You think I care what Ino thinks? You think I care about anyone's opinions, besides yours?" He chastised. He parted the ends of her dress, and found her stomach hiding beneath. "I don't care how large or flat it is. This stomach carried my child - do you know how grateful I am for that?" He pinned her to the bed again. "And you're wrong about another thing." 

"Wh-what?" A faint red colouring tainted her cheeks as she stared up at him.

"Just because I haven't been vocal about it, doesn't mean I'm still not madly in love with you and adore Sarada." He closed the gap between them with a fierce kiss, and felt her nails raking his back. One of her hands then found their way lost beneath a tangle of raven hair, as their lower limbs also found themselves in an entanglement. 

Sakura pulled apart for air, and panted up at her husband, "Sasuke... Say that again."

"What?"

"That you're in love with me," she insisted. 

"No," he smirked before finding her lips again with his. 

***

Sakura stretched her arms above her, her feet dangling from the bed. Sasuke watched from the bed as the sunlight hit her exposed fair skin in just the right places, making her hair and one side of her body glisten like the river at sunset as it shone like a million different mirrors. Sakura bent over and picked up Sasuke's blue top and pulled it over her. "Next time remind me to spend less time on picking out birth control, and more time on expressing milk." 

He wrapped his arm around her waist, bringing her back to him. "I believe that top is mine," he whispered into her ear seductively. 

She leaned into his touch and stroked his hand. "I believe you lost rights over it when you gave it to me."

"Tch." He kissed the back of her head. 

Her laugh was free and warm and sounded as if angels were performing the opera. "You can have it back once we get the crest sewn on." 

The rest of the day slipped away as they picked Sarada up from her grandparents home early to their dismay, who didn't want her to depart so soon. It was when they finally met Naruto's son that Sasuke had come to the realisation that he had been blessed with a tranquil baby, despite her cries which were nothing compared to the blonde infant. Their friends cooed back at the two babes, taking it in turns to cradle the new generation as Hanabi Hyuuga handed out champagne and non-alcoholic bubbly to the new and expecting mothers. The day ended with the three Uchiha members looking over the hillside their home rested upon, watching the sunset together. Sakura cradled their child in her arms, and Sasuke wrapped his protective arm around her waist. As the sun lowered itself away, the previous ocean blue sky had been tinged in arrays of  pinks and oranges. The clouds had floated into the horizon, as they drifted seamlessly, attempting to cover the tangerine sun but only adopting a dye of cotton candy. But the cotton candy locks that tickled his cheek had become golden; her jade eyes reflected the beauty of the sun, and below her, onyx eyes reflected the last embers of sunlight. 

"It's still so beautiful..." she whispered, gazing up at the sky, struck by the enchantment of the golden orb. 

He looked down at her and said, "I know." You are. If he had blinked he might have missed the small smile that flashed across her lips. But he didn't. On the contrary, he had it ingrained into his bank of memories with his scarlet sharingan. The Uchiha family welcomed the breezy night to greet them, before heading inside, ready to meet the sunlight of many more years to come.  

A/N: The plan is to wrap the story up when Sarada becomes 12/13 years old which will be in a few chapters, so expect time skips. 

I'd love to know your thoughts! Please comment below.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 75 10
❝𝗠𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘆𝗼𝘂.❞ ╰┈➤ After several long years of travelling, Sasuke Uchiha aches for his home and therefore returns to his...
22.4K 692 32
"In this world, whenever there is light, there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exist, there must also be losers. The selfish desi...
Heart By Nao-Cha

Fanfiction

262 12 3
Heart. No matter what everyone says about it, no matter any description to it, for me one thing for sure. It always beats just for you. You, my love...