ᴀ ꜰᴏx'ꜱ ꜱᴇʀᴇɴᴅɪᴘɪᴛʏ | ᴋɴʏ ꜰᴀɴ...

By Mysticblackcat

ʜᴏᴡ ꜰʟᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ? ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴄᴇᴅᴇɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ. ᴀʟᴀꜱ, ꜱʜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛ... More

2 | • Renascence •
3 | • Crow •
4 | •Gold meets lavender •
5 | • His name •
6 | •Turbid•
7 | •Cryptic•
8 | •Veracity•
9 | •Kairos•
10| •à deux•
11 | • cerulean eyes•
12 | •Grow•
13 | •Training•
14| •水晶と昆虫•
15 |•Perchance•
16| •depart and promises•
17| •Leap of faith•
18 |•Bulwark•
19|•querencia•
20 |• Behind the Valley's Secret I •
21|•Behind the Valley II : A legend Secret Unfold•
22 | •For better or worse•
23 |• Unspoken vow •
24 |•Act of faith•
25|• Carry on•
26 |• Butterfly effects•
27| • Transience of time•
28 | •Kismet•
29 | •Until your tears dawned on me•
30 | •Epilogue•

1 | •Sanguine•

10.2K 188 107
By Mysticblackcat

"You learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares. To deny is to invite madness. To accept is to control." ~ Megan Chance, The Spiritualist.

ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

━━━ Into the unknown, she seeks ━━━

A harsh gasped reverberates around the dark, chilling void. Charcoal orbs tremble with unease as her eyes wander around to search for an escape.  'Too cold. Can't breathe.'  It feels like something restricts her whole body. All of a sudden, strings of ice become visible while it coils tightly like a snake wrapping around her body as if to limit ones motility.

                             Thud.

                                                                                   Thud.

                                                                                                                                      Thud.

A phantom, melodious tone whispers in one's ears as they uttered laconically. "What are thou?"

Those words beneath the tone of the voice made her feel mocked and vulnerable. Discombobulated and startled. She stood still and quiet like a statue. A luminous fair hand with sharp claws had loosely wrapped around her neck. Claws inducing a drop of blood, gradually pouring out from her pale neck. It seems like the creature intends to kill her.

She winces in pain and shakily breathes. As the haunting voice repeats, it's own word once again. "What will thy seek?"

Snaps.

                           Snaps.

Snaps.

Charcoal eyes widen as tears form easily due to fear. Gasping of breath, she quickly perches up in the bed. Cold sweats barreled on her forehead and back. As her raven-haired locks becoming unruly and soaked with sweats. 

Her eyes wandered onto the clock to find that the time's exactly at 2 am. Although tired and sluggish, she didn't force herself back to rest. Afraid of encountering the voice in her dream. She stayed up until daybreak arrives.

...

"Anna onee-chan, watch this anime and tell me what you think about it. I'm off to school. Bye!" The brunette waves at her raven-haired sister, running fast in order not to miss her attendance in school.

Confused and tired. Her charcoal orbs inspect the anime she holds, wondering if she would watch it to pass some time. Few moments passed, the ravenette girl decided to watch it for a few episodes.

━━ The soul never lies, it yearns in contrite; beget by the loss found in your eyes.━━

Anna's fiery charcoal gaze fixated on the screen. She was watching the peach-haired figure battling the morphed hand demon. As her hands trembled upon the foreboding event. 

Slams. 

Lips became curled while glassy tears carelessly drop on her pale cheeks.

'It's not fair. The young man was just fighting victoriously for a moment. How cruel.'

The young girl became filled with despair, knowing the fictional character she favored had been brutally defeated by the hands of that demon.

'So, that's why the main protagonist becomes enraged upon the death of his predecessors. He also felt sorrow and pain about the souls who helped him during his training.'

Afterward, she turned off the screen and contemplated whether she would grovel in grief or lament. Such a cruel world for those people fighting for their lives. For the sake of retribution, they fight those demons who selfishly eat the flesh of a person.

Her thought flashes back into the peach-haired boy. The boy who's filled with dreams for helping his kind. The one who stands up with bravery to protect his comrades and loved ones. Somehow, the young woman admired that person's unwavering courage.

Then, she shook herself out at that thought. Looking at her watch, it's now afternoon. Striding to make her way into the kitchen room, she opens the fridge to grab some leftover food to reheat it.

Whilst she had placed the food into the microwave, she heard sounds coming from the window. Cautious and nervous. She takes a look at the window to find that there's nothing in it. She turned as the food in the microwave had been reheated.

Anna strolled around the living room while she places the platter of food. Her taking a bite from her food, made her remember how hungry she was, after spending time to watch the anime for hours. Completely enjoying her food at this moment. Once again, she was disturbed by such noises.

S c r a t c h.  S c r a t c h.  S c r a t c h.

Irritated and frustrated, she made her way towards the source of the scratching noises. Soon, she arrives at the window of the kitchen room. While unlocking the window, Anna became shocked at what she saw.

" Ah-woo~" A certain, fluffy animal mewls softly. The fox's crystalline orbs locked eyes with a pair of charcoal eyes. Its fur was coated like pure cotton as its tail wags excitedly upon seeing her.

The ravenette was dumbfounded. 

'A fox stumbled here out of nowhere?'

She is sure that none of her neighbor's had a pet fox. Anna ponders about seeing the cute little fox. Since the fox seemed to be favorable of her. However, foxes are one of the cautious creatures around humans. 

'But why did it approach her as if this one knows about her? '

Her forehead creases as countless of questions formed on her mind.

"It's time."

Alarmed from a whisper in her ears. Charcoal orbs look around her surroundings to discover nothing but the chilling air drapes throughout her back. Silence envelopes the room. It happens again. The voice from her dream.

Breathes in. Out. Breathes in. Out.

Meanwhile, sharp crystalline eyes watch the ravenette human trying to calm herself from freaking out. The fox strides away from the human without being noticeable. Shaded by the shadows of the tree, it hides.

»»----- 𝓐 𝓕𝓸𝔁'𝓼 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓹𝓲𝓽𝔂 -----««

The next day, morning came after. Her sister, named Ruby possesses beautiful, and silky brunette hair. She was requested by her sister to accompany her to buy a book required for her curriculum. 

Promptly, the young ravenette follows her little sister. They both spent time surveying books at a bookstore. Bored out of her mind. Anna had gone outside to wait for Ruby.

'It feels good to relax in nature,' she thought calmly. 

She strolls round to watch the nature─trees, flowers, people and her sister. Anna watched fondly at her sister's figure. When the wind blows, the peach blossom falls gently in front of the ravenette. The young female watches the peach blossoms fluttering gently in the air. Almost like she's being embraced lovingly by the beautiful scenery.

For some reason, her heart aches painfully as if she's missing something so dear to her. She feels like she's about to cry. But she forces herself to stop the tears from flowing down her cherubic cheeks. It hurts. As she kept this feeling right now.

" Onee-chan! I'm done. Let's go home," the brunette beams lovingly at her sister's figure. Both of them began to glide forward with quick footsteps.

The ravenette becomes filled with unease. Her heart thumped loudly as she could feel a foreboding sense of threat around them.

'Something's wrong,' the ravenette thought. As her charcoal gazes quickly into their surroundings. As soon as they arrived at the street, Anna's senses went overdrive. There, a crowd full of people went passing and walking the streets.

V R O O M. V R O O M. V R O O M.

Sounds coming from the car as it dangerously and fastly approaching towards the crowd of people.

Boom. Boom. Boom.

Screams were all over the place while Anna inches closer to shelter her sister from incoming attacks. The pitiful victims were thrown ruthlessly from the brunt force of the black car. Then, fear and anxiety overcame the ravenette's rationality.

The window on the black car slides down to reveal one black sleeved arm that holds a gun that aims to kill many lives in the streets. It's a fast, swift movement. Those hand pulled the trigger, immediately releasing a few deadly bullets to them.

Anna's mind reflexively thought of protecting her sister. Her sweet and lovable sister, Ruby.

G U N S H O T S    F I R E D.

Several lifeless bodies began to crashing down onto the ground like a pile of dominos that's been struck with force. One of the bodies including, the figure of an older sister falls weakly on the ground. Bullets that marked onto her chest had begun to gushes out the blood. Slowly, draining the life source of Anna.

The brunette screams with terror and anguish upon seeing her sister's fallen form.

The agony of pain in her wounds increases. As her breathing becomes lessen, her head began to feel lightheaded due to a lot of blood loss. The buzzing of noises in her ears induces a terrible headache she currently experiences. Besides, the vision becoming blurry, the pain in her chest turns numb. The lights, trees, and her sister, all of it turns into blurred figures.

"It's time," the chilling voice uttered inside of her mind.

Spots of black had multiplied in her vision. Sounds turned into murmured and distant voices. Anna could hear the voice of the fox she saw the other day. It feels like it's lulling her to sleep and rest for a while.

As soon as she closes her charcoal eyes. Her mind drifts into some unfamiliar memories she hadn't remembered.

Those big and warm purplish mixed with blueish tint eyes were looking at her fondly.

Flashes of one's pinkies interlocked with one another to seal their promises.

" Promise me. You'll"

As her world went black. Absquatulating and fading into nothingness.

»»----------««

A/N: [Edited]

Hello. This is my first time of writing a fanfiction. Please let me know if you happen to like it by writing a comment or voting it if you want. Thank you. ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

103K 2.2K 20
~𝙳𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗~ 𝙰𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚜𝚘𝚗, 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝙽𝚎𝚣𝚞𝚔𝚘, 𝙸𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚞𝚔𝚎, 𝚃𝚊𝚗𝚓𝚒𝚛�...
46.2K 1.2K 24
~𝕃𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕣𝕒𝕪 𝕠𝕗 𝕤𝕦𝕟𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥, 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕙𝕦𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕖𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟 𝕙𝕖𝕣...
6.2K 135 18
Another demon slayer fanfiction. [Kamado Tanjiro × Fem! Demon reader] "Sʜᴇ's ɪɴᴅᴇᴇᴅ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀғᴜʟ ʙᴜᴛ I ғᴇᴀʀ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜɴɢᴇʀ sɪʙʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɢᴏɴᴇ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ...
7.2K 201 17
𝓚𝓷𝓨 𝔁 𝓘𝓼𝓮𝓴𝓪𝓲!𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻 "𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓶 𝓘? 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓭𝓸𝓮𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 (𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓽𝓸𝔀𝓷).." 𝓒𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓷𝓸𝓽! 𝔂�...