Natural Instincts - Jared Cam...

By bblibby

[MATURE content] The unknowingly supernatural 17y/o Juliet Bo moves from Miami to the border of Forks and La... More

.CHARACTERS.
.zero.
.one.
.two.
.three.
.four.
.five.
.six.
.seven.
.eight.
.nine.
.ten.
.eleven.
.twelve.
.thirteen.
.fourteen.
.fifteen.
.sixteen.
.seventeen.
.eighteen.
.nineteen.
.twenty.
.twenty one.
.twenty two.
.twenty three.
.twenty four.
.twenty five.
.twenty six.*
.twenty seven.
.twenty eight.
.twenty nine.
.thirty.
.thirty one.
.thirty two.
.thirty three.
.thirty four.
.thirty five.
.thirty six.
.thirty seven.
.thirty eight.
!!! IMPORTANT !!!

epilogue

3.4K 79 25
By bblibby

(Putting the engagement ring as the cover here because I'm still so in love with it and love that I made it especially for the story)

"Baby hurry up, the newlyweds will be here any second!" I called out from the bedroom as I was busy dressing the baby.

"Mommy, will baby Olive grow up to be a business man like daddy or a lawyer like you?" Elliot asked in his sweet young voice.

Jared came around the corner, lifting our oldest over his shoulder after he heard the question.

"Only time will tell, little man!" he said. "Hey Eli, you'll get to show grandpa Bo your sick new tricks on the scooter today when he comes over," Jared encouraged.

I lifted Olive from the bed where I was changing her, resting the baby on my hip as Jared smiled at me and pulled me into a soft kiss.

"Eeewwwwww!" Elliot whined loudly. 

Jared and I giggled. "One day, when you love someone as much as I love your mommy, you'll understand, little wolf." he whispered to our son.

The doorbell rang from downstairs and we made our way down to open the door. My father Derek and his new bride, Sasha, stood hand in hand at the entrance.

"Hey guys! Looking very tanned, how was the bahamas?" I cooed as  we invited them in, greeting our loved ones with hugs and kisses.

"It was amazing. Although your father got so burned Jules, he was like a glowing red beacon in the water." Sasha teased.

Dad held his hands out to take our newborn, little Olive, named of course after my mother. "I have been waiting to meet you, little one!" he said, eyes teary at the sight of his new granddaughter. 

I passed our daughter over to dad and replaced her with Jared's body, his arm around me as we proudly watched on with large smiles on our faces.

"Oh guys, she's beautiful! Look at you, yes you are!" dad softened, already making the baby giggles. 

"She's got Juliet's eyes, look how blue!" Sasha pointed out. We still had them convinced after all this time that my green eyes were contacts. 

"She's beautiful."

The front door opened once more, but of course this time no one bothered to knock, as the pack made their way boisterously into our kitchen and began searching for food.

"Paul get out of the baby food you moron!" Jared called as he shook his head.

"Uncle Seth's turn for a cuddle!" he begged as he skipped over to our newest child.

Embry busied himself attempting to bicep curl with Elliot hanging off his arm. "107!" he lied.

"Hey Julio, how are you feeling! You look amazing," Emily greeted as she hugged me warmly. 

"I should be asking you the same! How far along are you now?" 

Our hands went to her belly with a beaming smile.

"Isn't it 29 weeks today, babe?" 

Sam nodded, proudly taking an arm around his wife's waist. "How are you two going?" he offered kindly.

Jared laughed. "Sleepless, little Olive works us hard. Almost has hard as you worked us back in the day. Almost." he teased his alpha.

"Hey, I don't know about that, last night you came back to bed with puke in your hair and mumbled 'showers are for those who get to sleep afterward' and then passed out for three minutes before she cried again."

Emily and Sam laughed hysterically at the thought of Jared being so whipped by his baby girl. But the truth of the matter was, Olive was a massive daddy's girl, and their bond was already unbreakable. 

"God help the man who catches her eye," Emily winked at an overly protective Jared.

"No, no no, there will be no man. Just bubble wrap and church." he demanded immediately.

"Jay, honey don't forget I met you at 17 and married you at 19." 

He looked at his daughter horrified at the idea of her growing up and getting married. "Seth give me my baby girl back." he yelled as he stormed over to reclaim his daughter.

"Have you told him yet?" 

I nodded. "Not yet, I'm telling him tonight as a surprise. I can't believe I'm going to be the youngest senior partner in the history of the firm! "

"You deserve it, girl! You worked so bloody hard even while you were working to buy this house!" Emily justified.

Sam nodded. "And never forget when you were in labour with Elliot the day before your BAR exam, had him, and then escaped the hospital to go and complete the test!"

"Jared still hasn't forgiven me for that, he says I'm more unpredictable and out of control than the kids," I informed, laughing hard as I did.

Sam laughed. "He still hasn't forgiven me for covering for you with the nurses!"

"Well it's all gotten you where you are today." Emily summarised proudly.

After lunch, we all ended up outside in the backyard Jared put so much work into, sitting around drinking lemonade and playing with the kids. I stood inside at the kitchen window looking out at them while I washed some dishes when dad walked in to join me.

"Did I tell you about Pia's engagement?" I asked dad.

"I sure did! She seems really happy with this Flynn guy, she deserves it." 

"She really does."

A few seconds of silence passed. "I'm so proud of the woman you are, Juliet."

"Thanks dad. Really, I mean it. You know now that I have kids of my own I really understand more about the way you and mom raised me, I appreciate it from a whole other perspective. I just hope I can do half the job you guys did."

Dad approached me and put his arm around me. "You already have."

A few more moments passed in silence before he spoke again. "So what do you plan on telling your kids about the marks beside your eyes? Tattoos like you told Sasha?" he asked, my stomach dropping and my eyes widening.

"My what now? I uh...what?" I stuttered, unable to formulate sense.

He giggled, and pointed beside my eyes at my famous white markings.

"Tattoos? I uh-no I didn't-dad I'm so-"

"Jules, relax. I'm not stupid." I looked up at him curiously, unsure of what he meant. "You and your mother never gave me enough credit. I'm more observant than you perceive me to be, Mrs Cameron."

I was unable to think straight. What did he mean he saw more?

"I don't know what you mean..."

He smiled. "We don't have to talk about it. But I know you don't have contacts, and I know that those business trips your mom used to go on were more complex than she lead on. I don't pretend to know what you two are up to, but I know that if I had to know, you would tell me. Just be safe, okay? I always worried about the impact it had on you, the secrets. I hope you're more open with your kids, maybe." 

I was stunned, not realising that dad had taken note of so many elements of our big secret, yet could be so patient and not pry at the same time.

"Why did you never say anything before?"

"It's not my place. I trust you both. But I always knew you were special. I know you have some kind of power inside you. I don't pretend to know what that is. I just want you to be safe."

I smiled into my dad's chest as I hugged him. 

"Always."

---

"We made it, princess. Literally all our dreams came true. Look at our home, our family, your job, my pack, it's all..."

"Perfect." I finished, holding Jared gently as he held Olive in his ever-large arms.

"I still fall harder for you every day. I will never understand how I got so lucky." he whispered, careful not to wake his little girl up.

I just nestled further into his chest.

"I wonder if Eli will ever phase like you. Or even Olive, or if she'll grow into something more like me." I wondered out loud.

He chuckled. "Either way our kids are gonna be so fucken cool. They're fay-wolf hybrids, that's destiny for legend right there." he claimed proudly, always mentioning how unique our situation was.

"What would you do if Elliot did phase and imprinted on a vampire or something?" I questioned, looking curiously at my husband.

He sighed. "My wife is literally Queen of bringing beings together, including like us. Besides, she was the one that showed me and taught me not to judge a book by its cover. So I would be proud, happy for him."

His words made me smile appreciatively. Even just hearing him call me his wife made my heart flutter like it did when I first saw him. My love for Jared was still intense like a high school crush.

"But we can build them a house out the backyard or something so we won't have to smell it when they come over." he finalised, his natural instincts resurfacing and making me laugh.

"Time for bed?" I asked.

"Time for bed." 

I smiled infectiously as I watched him carry our daughter to her crib, placing her gently in the cot and planting a kiss on her head before we checked on Elliot together, and heading back to our own bed exhausted. 

"I love you so much, Jules. So much."

All our dreams really had come true.

AN // Aaaand that's the end of my first ever book! Feels weird to write a chapter and know there's no more from now on! I still feel like I need to continue writing but that's all folks :)

Thank you all so much for reading, I hope it ended the way you wanted or made you laugh, made you smile, made you cry, entertained you in any way.

As of now, (8th August 10.27pm), this book has 1.4k reads which I'm so proud of and grateful! This was my first story, so I'm really happy with that.

Comment if you want a sequel, a spin off, or any requests for my next story at all :)

Love you all! Thanks again.

Libby xoxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 301 18
Sagelynn has always known that she's different. Why? Because she's been able to communicate with ghosts since she was 6 and view past lives since she...
6.1K 234 31
The war with Gaea has just ended and everyone is content. There are no new prophecies or anything other than the regular monsters. That is until ther...
239K 5.5K 28
Citlali Cadwell has her life together. That's until her boyfriend of three years, Embry Call breaks up with her with no reason at all, at least that'...
5.8K 299 15
⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆ it didn't take one look to fall in love, but it certainly helped them realise, just how far gone they were. ⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆