That April In The Rain

By Sara_Hoffman

"If I were you, I would never believe them", it was hard to see his expression, due to the heavy rain, drench... More

Beginnings and Blue Eyes
Best Friend Things
SAM
Introductions and Glances
Team FRIENDS
Damn Hot
Drawn to Her
Slow Mindless
Oh Boy!
What have I got to loose?
We're Cool?
Ignorance
I missed you
Air Dancer
Horrendous Potion
SexyBack

Nights

49 8 6
By Sara_Hoffman

Please do vote, it encourages me to come up with new chapters.

.

Myla

I sat on the bar stool, with my head down on the counter. God I was tired out of my mind, and I had a slight headache, but I knew this slight would change into major in no time. ughhhhhh, I groaned. This place was suffocating.

I felt a hand rub my back, I stiffened, but I knew who it was, and with that thought I relaxed.

"Feeling any better?" his voice was gentle and full of care, I looked up and met his eyes. I shook my head, "I need to use the washroom."

"This is the fourth time in the last one hour fifteen minutes" I could hear the humour in his voice and how he was trying not to smile. Jerk

"Ha ha, I know. It's all your fault, you're the one who forced me to drink four bottles of water. I'm tired Sam." I said getting up.

"Let's get out of here, you'll freshen up. Don't be so stubborn it's been more than an hour I'm trying to convince you to ditch the party but you just won't agree. It's not that big of a deal okay, I'll call Matt, he'll drop the rest of them, they can even call a cab. Stop worrying about others, you're exhausted Myla, just listen to me." his voice softened at the end and I just couldn't say no.

I nodded and headed to the washroom for the fourth time. I felt Sam walking behind me, I stopped and he bumped into me, "I can go alone Sam, you call Matt." he looked hesitant, but I stood my ground. "I'll be right here. Don't accept any more drinks now." there, smirky was back. I rolled my eyes, and went to the washroom.

The way Sam cared and worried about me today just warmed my heart. He came with me till the washroom every time and waited for me outside. When asked about it, he said there were a lot of drunk people around and he didn't want me to go alone. Even though it was because I was a little high, it still didn't fail to make me smile.

I came outside, after using the washroom and washing my hands with a smile, "Hey, hottie" a well built, probably my age guy, held my wrist. Who is he?

 "I'm sorry I think you mistook me for somebody else" I tried to pull my hand away, but he held on to it real tight, okay now it hurts. I sure as hell was scared, but I wouldn't think twice before kicking him in the nuts.

"Aren't you the one who was dancing with Anderson, you've got some moves sweetheart."

"Brian step back before I break your face" relief flooded through me on hearing his voice. Built Bulldozer  let go off my hand immediately, Sam was now standing in between me and him.

Sam took a step towards him, and said something, his voice was cold and threatening. I was surprised to see him this way. Sam took another threatening step towards him and I came back to my senses, I held his hand "Let's just go." He stopped in his tracks, but didn't look away from him.

"Sam" my voice barely a whisper, he removed my hand from his wrist, and held it properly, with his fingers wrapped around mine. We started walking out, Sam suddenly turned, "Stay the fuck, away from her!" Every word was said with hatred.

I had to almost run to match with Sam's speed walking. 

Soon we were outside, on the sidewalk, a few people here and there roaming around. He let go off my hand, and kicked a pebble really hard, and let out a frustrated sigh. I saw him this way for the very first time in the last two weeks.

He was always composed, he wasn't too serious, but he was mysterious. He loved his friends. But I didn't see him this way. It looked as if he was frustrated because he was scared of something.

He looked at me, his eyes a dark shade of blue, he looked scared. Why? It worried me, I wanted to know.

 "Are you okay, did he touch you?" his voice suddenly turned so soft, it was like he had split personality or something.

"I'm okay" he pinched the bridge of his nose, and shut his eyes. I realized that he was blaming himself for letting me alone to the washroom, he was blaming himself because Built Bulldozer cornered me.

I walked upto him, and held his hand, he opened his eyes and I offered him a smile. "I'm okay" I reassured him, "This is all my fault" he looked towards the cars and tried to walk away.

I held on to his hand tighter, "Don't blame yourself, you were there with me and nothing happened Sam, I'm alright" he still didn't look at me. I tugged on his hand and he stared at me, with a foreign emotion.

"Besides, if you hadn't interrupted I was going to go all Judo on that bulldozer's ass." I took the typical karate stance, and stood back straight. This did the work, he looked down and chuckled while shaking his head. My heart fluttered at that sight, and I couldn't help but grin in return.

"What am I going to do with you Wilson?" he asked with a smile on his face.

"For now, just take me away." He stared at me for a few seconds, "Let's go."

I followed him to his car. My jaw touched the road below, when he stopped right in front of a black Lamborghini. He clicked the unlock button on his key, and the car winked

He opened the passenger door for me, "Is this seriously your car?"

"Why would I ask you to sit in somebody else's car?" he countered. I got in, he rounded the car, and sat in the driver's seat. He turned on his car, and the roar of it gave me goosebumps.

"So, what's up?" I don't know why I asked that, he was practically with me the whole night.

"I guess you're still a little drunk" he replied and gave me an amused look. 

Suddenly, I started feeling guilty because he could not enjoy the party because of me.

"You know, you can just drop me here, I'll catch a cab home, you go enjoy the party, I'm just coming in your way and I don't want to do that...." I was rambling by then, when he stopped the car.

He turned to me and said, "I am exactly where I want to be, it's this, any day, any time over those stupid parties."

I just stared at him, at a loss of words. The way he just said it, he had no idea what it did to me. I wonder if he too feels this way. Wait, was he drunk too? Did he just say that so I don't blame myself, or was it just a spur of the moment thing.

I was lost in all these negative assumptions when he opened my door. When did he even get down and come here. 

He held his hand out for me, and my smart ass said "huh". He just smiled at me, "Come, I don't bite, unless you want me to."

"Wow, how cliché is that." I rolled my eyes, but placed my hand in his palm. It's strange how in the span of a few hours I had grown fond of holding his hand. Warm and perfect, just like the way every novel described it.

I stepped outside, and shivered immediately "Looks like it rained." the road was wet and it glistened with the reflection of the street lights. "No shit Sherlock."

I was going to hit him with my comeback when he opened the car door again, he held his black jacket out for me, which was lying in the back seat. "What are you going to wear then, it's cold."

"I've been told that I am hot, so it'll be fine I guess" he said smirking.

I wore his jacket, it was almost as long as my dress. 5'2, yeah.

We were on the Manhattan bridge. It was spectacular. The lights from the bridge and the sound of the flowing river just made it all appear so magical. His presence, mainly.

I stood by the railing with my arms on it, where as Sam faced the other side with his elbows resting on the railing. We stood still in silence for I don't know how long. There was a faint smile on my face, which just refused to leave.

I saw Sam glancing at me time to time from the side, and I was doing the same. I dared and turned to him and yes, I was right, there was a faint smile plastered on his face too as he continued looking at the passing cars.

"Thank you, for everything....for this...night." I said after staring at him for a good thirty seconds. He turned to me and his smile was directed at me, I turned around and faced the river again.

The way the sound of the flowing river and the sound of the cars passing by complimented each other, was soothing. It was around 1:30 am now, this city was beautiful to another level at night, especially in April, on a rainy night.

"The pleasure is mine." I smiled but I didn't look at him.

"I love nights" I said.

"They're magical" he replied after a moment.

He moved a little closer to me, our arms were touching now, sparks shot up my body at the contact, but I was not complaining. "What are you thinking?" I asked.

"What if someone who is really special to us, really important to us, leaves us?"

"If you're equally important to them they would come back to you no matter what, not because it's destiny, but, because that's what they want too. And if they don't, then it's not meant to be, take it that way" I smiled at him.

There was a soft smile on his face which didn't reach his eyes, but his eyes searched my face for something, I don't know and I looked away.

He had been with me throughout this time, handled my tipsy ass, dance-y ass, oh the dance.

I felt the typical butterfly effect in my stomach. One thing was clear, I was immensely attracted to Sam Anderson. I don't know if it is more than just attraction, and I was okay with it. For once I was okay of not knowing something clearly, I was okay with not being sure.

For now I just wanted to be in the moment and remember every bit of it. Mostly, I wanted to remember ever moment spent with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1.1K 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
254K 10.2K 43
"You signed me up for what?" I shrieked at her. My best friend, who had volunteered me to test a new game that she wanted to make videos out of. A ga...
1.1M 36.5K 96
STORY 3 If he was a tornado, she was a hurricane. The problem was though, they both loved the feel of the rain.
117 0 12
Rain. bad has never felt anything but good for us, until it didn't. a life full of him as my best friend, and my partner in crime came to an end whe...