Otherworldly Darkness [Book 5]

By chiskey56

Declan and Owen have been together for as long as anyone could remember. They knew they were mates before the... More

Duat.
Set.
New Home.
Getting To Know You...
Guess Who's Staying For Dinner.
Daddy Issues.
Best Dessert Ever.
A Lazy Day.
More Family Drama...Of Course.
The Morning After.
Set Who?
Nice To Meet You.
Smut!
Problem Solving.
Finding Our Inner Wolves.
A Trip To Remember.
A Family Reunion Of Sorts.
Just Another Day.
Meanwhile...At Home.
Great Escapes and a Mate Named Xerxes.
Just Fluff and Stuff.
Playtime?
Welcome Back.
Remember?
A New Family Addition.
Unexpected Visitors.
A Family Affair.
Not sure yet.
Turning Point.
It Begins.
Almost...
Finale [Part 1]
Finale[Part 2]
Next Book!!

Gone Feral.

6.3K 358 76
By chiskey56

I could feel their pain. I could hear their cries. I could almost taste the bile as it bubbled up in my throat. It was hard. I couldn't handle this anymore. In the mornings I train with my Uncle and when I do something wrong he disappears for a couple of minutes and then I feel their pain starting all over again. My surroundings disappear as I lay on the ground panting and clawing at the ground trying to get away from the hands holding me.

They keep me in place when I need to get to my mates. They whisper words like pathetic and worthless and disgusting. Why won't they just stop? Why can't I just get away from them? They say if I was really a wolf I could escape and get to my mates. They say I'm defective. Am I defective? Have I always been defective?

My wolf isn't responsive. I know he's there but I can't interact with him like I could just days before. We had been so close I could feel his emotions. When we were around our mates he would howl in joy even when we were in the middle of a problem. But now he was silently lying down in the dark recesses of my mind.

"I see you're not ready to shift yet." My uncle sighed.

"I'm trying. I promise! Please leave them alone." I begged.

"You're not trying hard enough." He sighed as if this was a burden on him. Didn't he realize how much it hurt me? It was slowly killing me. Even when it wasn't happening anymore I could hear their howls of pain. But they were feeling it worse because it was their bodies enduring every punch, every kick, every attack, and every bite, everything...

"They're all I have! Stop it! You're killing me..." I began panting as one of the men holding me down pressed down hard on my back pushing my body further into the ground.

"They're the reason that you're so weak!" He growled at me. "They're keeping you from your true potential. Why can't you see that Declan?"

'Don't...Don't listen to him...' Owen's voice was like a calming balm in my mind.

"I'm trying." Was all I could say to answer them both. I wanted to placate my uncle but I really wanted Owen and Set to know I was trying but I knew that something wasn't right. I was slowly losing it and the fact that my wolf wasn't answering wasn't helping.

'We lo-love you and we kn-know that you'll figure this out Love.' Set panted.

'Stop! Please...You shouldn't love me still. I'm worthless. I'm pathetic. I'm nothing.'

The words kept echoing in my mind like it was on loop. A soft patronizing voice, every time the world around me turned silent it was there. At nights it melted into the painful wails of my mates and I would find myself in the corner of my room clawing at the walls trying to get it to stop.

It never stopped. No matter how many times I begged. I hadn't slept properly in the last four days and last night I began clawing at my own arms. My body wasn't even healing itself properly and the scars were still fading on my arms.

What was wrong with me? I was fine when we first got here yet every day I seemed to slip more and more into the darkness that was clouding my mind. My life seemed bleaker than before and for once I couldn't see a way out. I prayed that someone, anyone could help us out of this endless torture.

"Declan? Are you still with us boy?" My Uncle's voice echoed in my mind bringing me back to the present. "If you're not I'm sure I can find something to bring you back."

He began walking away but I found myself clawing at the ground right in front of me trying to catch his attention. He couldn't leave, he couldn't go back there. He would just hurt them again and I couldn't allow that to happen.

"I'm here! I'm paying attention. What do you need me to do?" I questioned, practically begged him to focus his attention on me.

"We'll try this again. I want you to fight one of my best fighters without shifting. If you can control his wolf and take him down within the time limit then we'll be done for the day. If you can't do it during the amount of time that I've set for you then you'll mates will be punished for the second time today." He explained.

"I un-understand." I muttered.

I hadn't been able to do it last time but that voice kept telling me that if I deserved my mates and if I loved them I would be able to do this for them. I loved them so I could do this, right? I had to, I couldn't let them down anymore then I already have.

"Well then let's begin. Go!" He bellowed, his voice carrying all the way to forest where a large dark brown wolf sauntered out, confidence exuding out of his every pore. He knew the outcome already and to some degree so did I.

It was weird though, because hadn't I been that wolf several days ago? The one with so much confidence I could stare down the Alpha without fear and challenge him when he merely raised a voice to my mates? So what happened to that man?

'You'll do gr-great.' Owen was trying to console me but the pain dripping from every word only caused me greater worry. He sounded weak. He wasn't healing right either was he? What was wrong with this place? Why were we so weak? Were we defective like they said?

"Begin." Was the only word that was needed before the wolf lunged at me, snarling as he snapped his jaws inches from my face. I managed to hold him as he towered above me. I hadn't realized I was lying back on the ground until then but I knew it wasn't the position I needed to be in.

I pulled my leg up and dug my foot into his underbelly and kicked him away from me. He was thrown back and quickly rolled into it and ended up on his feet snarling and circling me. He was getting ready to attack. I knew I should do something but I didn't know what. My instincts were attached to my wolf and he wasn't reacting to me.

"Come on!" Cheered my uncle, egging on the fight.

The wolf sprinted forward and in an instant his jaws were locked around my legs. His teeth were sinking deeper into my flesh and the wails that echoed in the clearing I soon discovered were my own. I could feel as he pressed harder into my leg reaching and snapping the bone beneath the flesh.

You deserve it.

Just lay there and accept it.

They don't need you.

They're better off without you.

Reject them, they deserve better.

Move on.

Over and over as I lay there with the wolf using my leg as a chew toy as that eerie voice echoed in my mind. I tried in vain to push the large wolf away from me but all the reserve energy I had in me was beginning to drain. How the hell was I supposed to get this wolf off me?

"Fight him Declan!" My uncle growled.

"I'm tr-trying."

"Do you need to be motivated?" He taunted.

"No!" I shouted as I kicked my other leg up kicking the mutt right in his muzzle with all my might. He yipped and let go of my leg long enough for me to roll out of the way and hobble far enough away to put a good distance between us before he realized what happened.

"Good job." My uncle praised.

The wolf crouched down and his eyes were focused on me and my every move. He was going to attack and we all knew this would be the last one if he landed it. I couldn't let that happen. I needed to protect my mates. No more punishments. It became my mantra as my mine blanked and my body moved on its own.

He moved towards me and before he could snap his teeth down on my arm I wrapped my hand around his throat. My hand clenched as I could feel every muscle in his throat constrict as he gulped down as much air as he could. My fingers dug into the coarse fur as I held him in place, glaring into his own eyes.

I need to protect my mates. No more punishments.

He used his hind legs to kick out of my grasp and tumbled out and back into a fighting stance. He was keeping his distance though and knew that he shouldn't get too close a second time. Circling around each other we kept up the little dance until I faked an opening. He had to fall for it.

I need to protect my mates.

He lunged forward and I twisted my body to the side. He narrowly missed me but he was past me enough that I could grab at him. I caught his tail in my grip and squeezed until it was too painful for him. He whimpered and turned to snap at me hoping to catch me but he wasn't thinking straight right now. When he turned I balled my fist and punched him in his jaw causing him to stumble sideways.

No more punishments.

I had him and I wasn't letting go now. I continued, blow after blow, landing each one to his face as he began to whimper and lost control. He fell to the ground and I couldn't stop. I kept punching and then kicking at his sides with my good leg. Taking him down was the only way to keep my mates from the punishments. I needed to destroy him.

'Declan stop.' Owen cried. Obviously he knew what I was doing and so could Set but I couldn't stop. No more mutt meant no more punishments for my mates and I had to protect them. I kept at it even when I knew that I had won. The wolf was barely moving and the low growls he had been emitting before had died down to soft whimpers.

"Alright Declan that's enough." My uncle announced, he sounded a little nervous but it was too late for nervousness.

I kept at it. My fists just kept going, it was like I couldn't stop what I was doing and at this moment I didn't want to. It was if everything in me was coming to life and dying all at the same time. I could hear the voice still telling me that I was worthless and didn't deserve a mate and I believed it. I was all sorts of messed up and they deserved better.

They're better off without you.

My wolf had finally come forward. He wanted to protect his prey from other predators. I could feel my teeth elongate when a couple of the other men stepped forward. My uncle was telling me to step down but my wolf would not listen.

They deserve better.

My wolf and I were having an internal battle. He wanted to fight but I wanted to stop. Our mates would be fine now and there would be no more punishments. He wouldn't stop though; he wanted to make sure that the mutt was dead. He was certain that if we proved who was the best once and for all then this would all be over.

Reject them. Reject them now! They'll be happier without you.

No! I could never reject them. They're my mates I love them more than life itself. How could I live without them? How would they live without me? I needed them more than the breath I breathed and more than the food I ate.

If you love them end their pain. If they weren't your mates they could live pain free.

Is that true? Is that really an option? Would he let them leave if I rejected them? Would I survive if I rejected them? Who cares? They would have each other and they'd be able to survive without me. The fates knew this would happen that's why they gave Owen a second mate. I've had plenty of time with him and now I had to give him up if I loved him.

Yes. If you love them then reject them.

I loved them. I loved them wholeheartedly and that's why my decision hurt me but gave me complete and utter relief at the same time. With as much control as I could muster I made sure that my mental link was open to my mates.

'I love you two but if you're not my mates then you won't be in anymore pain. Please don't hate me but I reject our mating bond Owen and Set. Please live together happily without me and don't try and stop this. It has to happen...'

That was apparently the final straw for my wolf. He wasn't stable as it was and me rejecting our mates tipped the scales in his favor. My mind blanked before I could hear the responses of my mates but it didn't matter because I was certain that I was right. My mates deserved better and they would finally have it.

*********************************************************************

Set's POV

********************************************************************

'I love you two but if you're not my mates then you won't be in anymore pain. Please don't hate me but I reject our mating bond Owen and Set. Please live together happily without me and don't try and stop this. It has to happen...'

Did he just do what I think he just did? Had he just tried to reject us? Did he really think that would work? That was the final straw and I would take no more. For far too long I've been bearing the weight of my past misdeeds but no longer.

'Did...Did he just reject us?' Owen sniffled from his cell.

'Don't worry Love. It ta-takes a lot more than th-that to get rid of our mating bond.' I laughed bitterly knowing that he still tried.

We had been left in separate dirty, dark, and cold cells alone where we were unable to see or hold each other. I wanted nothing more than to pull Owen and Declan into my chest and hold them close and tell them everything would be alright unfortunately I've been slacking in my mating duties.

"Horus! I know you can hear me! Get your ass in here now!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, mustering up as much strength as possible to put behind my words. I knew he was monitoring us, it was how the debt worked.

"You called?" Horus appeared in all his regal beauty his hair fluttering behind him like bristling wings.

"This ends now." I stated firmly.

"Wh-What? That's not how this works!" He snapped.

"I don't care. This is h-how it works now. You're acting like a spoilt br-brat and I refuse to allow it any longer. I've apologized countless times over the centuries and you have never even shown a sign of forgiving me. Hell, your father doesn't even hate me as much as you do and he was the one that was attacked.

Now you lift this damn debt or so help me Ra when I get out of here I will do far worse to you than I've done to your father. What's happened to him will seem like a damn vacation compared to what I plan on doing to you and it won't be anything simple either. I'll draw it out over centuries and I'll even allow Amun to play and I'm sure you don't want that." I threatened feeling stronger than before.

Seeing the dread in his eyes was what I needed to feel even more confident. Amun wasn't one you wanted to mess around with. Even as a god there were certain things that rattled us to the core. Having a god killer as your personal assistant came in handy when someone needed threatening.

"You don't deserve them!" He shouted like a petulant child as he stomped one foot.

"I deserve everything that I've gotten up until this point. I've put up with all your whining and your scheming and your annoying mood swings and I'm done. Even if you don't want to cancel the debt it's over. Regardless of whatever consequence you think you'll make up to punish me for this I will fight am I guarantee you I will win. I have several centuries on you boy and I will not be beat twice by you." I growled out sitting up straight in my cell.

His feathers bristled as he crossed his arms over his chest. His eyes scanned me up and down, assessing whether or not I was bluffing and I wasn't. Hopefully he understood that. I would do whatever it took to keep my mates and if that meant going against a blood debt I'd do it.

"Fine! Don't think I'm doing this for you though. I'm doing it for Owen and Declan. They don't deserve to keep getting hurt." He huffed.

"Are you kidding me right now?" I laughed bitterly. "You're doing this because you don't want them to be hurt? Have you seen where we're at right now? Owen's bleeding out and he can't heal. I can barely heal him and keep myself conscious and Declan has gone absolutely insane and has tried to reject us! You don't care about anyone but yourself you selfish bastard!"

I was over this. I could feel my powers pulsing and my anger only seemed to fuel it. I could feel the slight tug of the debt slipping away as my power surged more and more. He was angering me far more than I had thought he could.

"I never me-meant for th-this to happen." He stuttered.

"Then what, pray tell, did you mean to do when you brought my mates and I to a psychotic man and left us here?" I growled.

"I wanted them to remember what the initial betrayal felt like and then relieve all that betrayal again with you. I was hoping it would cause them to give up on you but it only made you guys closer." He snarled.

"We're mates! We're meant to be together! Did you think that you're meddling would have really hurt our relationship? How dumb could you be?" I laughed.

"I'm not dumb Set! You shouldn't even ha-" He began but was cut off by shouting upstairs.

"He's not responding!" Someone yelled.

'He's coming for us...' Owen whispered. He was coming for us? Was he really? Were they talking about Declan?

"He's feral! Don't try to get close to him." Another loud voice boomed into the cells as a door opened up above us. Horus huffed in annoyance at this conversation being over so quickly but he knew when it was his time to leave. I was done with this whole thing. I didn't know what this Alpha was planning but I didn't care. I was getting my mates and getting the hell out of here.

Alpha Reynolds walked into sight and I relaxed my body as to not give away my changing mood. I was feeling a whole lot better and I was ready to get out of here. All I needed was to know what was happening with Declan and where he was.

"It seems as if we've pushed your mate a little too far too quickly. We probably should have stayed with one tactic at a time on such a fragile mind." He sighed heavily.

"What did you think was going to happen? He already lost his memory and then with all the training..." I trailed off.

"Oh it wasn't just the training little human. It was the training, the wolfs bane, the witch's enchantment. It was all too much at once. Well once we lure him down here with the prospect of finally seeing his mates we'll be able to capture him and try all over again." He replied.

Was he really so dumb that he would tell me everything without me barely even asking. I looked him up and down as he stood there with his arms crossed over his chest as he stared at the door with a smug, all-knowing smirk on his face. He thought he knew it all.

He still assumed that I was human because I had been keeping my energy low. I didn't want him to know that I was an immortal god. I was actually laughing on the inside right now knowing that he had no idea what was about to happen.

"Wait! A witch?" I questioned.

"I'm surprised your little mortal brain hasn't exploded with the mere thought of an immortal, supernatural world living right along your own. Yes, I have a witch that planted subconscious thoughts in his mind. It was designed to slowly drive him into doing what I want but maybe I should dial it back a little bit, huh?" He laughed just as the sound of growling came closer and closer.

"Al-Alpha he's...he's almost here..." A man stuttered nervously.

"Great. Thanks for telling me I certainly did not know." Alpha stared blankly.

"So-Sorry Alpha." He bowed his head as the large black wolf barreled down the stairs smashing into the narrow walls as he went. His lips were pulled back as far as possible into a snarl as he stared at Alpha Reynolds. His eyes were an eerie gold that drew me in and kept my attention for as long as I dared to stare at him. Those gorgeous eyes flashed over to us and that seemed to set him off more.

"That's it...Go to your mates and help them out." The Alpha cooed as he motioned for them to open my cell door. Then I heard the sound of rusted metal moving as they opened Owen's cell as well. In the darkened basement that contained our cells I saw the outline of two men carrying my mate roughly and like Declan I wanted to growl and lash out at them as they tossed him inside the cell with me. He was barely breathing and it took as his strength to push himself up and closer to me. He rested his head on my leg and his panting told me that the action alone had cost him all his energy.

"Go ahead, they're waiting."

Declan eyed our cell and he took a step closer before taking another back. He didn't trust Reynolds in the least bit but the prospect of his mates being so close that he could get to them was killing him. I was hoping for my sake that he would come in here. Otherwise things would get a little complicated.

"What? Don't you want your mates?" He taunted causing a low growl to slip form Declan's mouth as his ears pinned back to his head. "Go ahead then."

"Co-come here Love." I called out to him.

'He came for us.' Owen was slowly recovering but he wasn't all the way there yet.

"See? He's calling to you."

"Please Decky. Come here." I begged and with a soft whimper he obeyed. Slowly he inched closer and closer to the cell until he was inside the door. Once he was completely inside the cell door slammed shut behind him and the men let out a joint laughter thinking that they had caught my mate.

"Like always I get what I want." Alpha Reynolds laughed.

"Not everything." I smiled as my power pulsed and shattered the chain that held me bound. "I don't think you read me correctly and you may have underestimated me just a bit."

The ground pulsed beneath my feet as I crouched down and picked Owen up into my arms. A confused Declan whined lowly and swatted at the rising sand that tried to circle us. He started snapping his teeth at the sand causing me to laugh at his weird actions but then I focused on the task at hand. They were standing there in awe until it clicked in Reynolds head what was happening.

"Get them you idiots!" he shouted but it was too late. The sand had already begun to lift above my chest and it was slowly creating a barrier between us and the men in the cell. We would be out of here in minutes and hopefully we would be safe. We had a lot to figure out once we got there and I had a couple of mates to fix up.

*****************************************

Oh My Gosh....The Feels!! I hope you guys loved this! Vote and Comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 397 12
Note: Two books come before this one. You do not need to read Cat Eyes to understand it, but you need to read Green Eyes! Owen had never thought abo...
If Only By MenaGood_

Teen Fiction

4.6K 243 8
Ian and Ryan are identical twin brothers but not everybody knows this because they got separated at an early age when their parents got divorced, wit...
9K 252 15
*DISCONTINUED* "What are the stars telling you tonight?" Declan Marcs and Seth Clearwater were made for one another, but the world was not made for t...
1.6K 97 12
Two men meet and form a relationship on the ill fated Titanic! Thanks to @AnDrmyOTP for the inspiration! Slightly mature!