Monster Marks

By inspired2fly

I was taken away from the only place I called home. I was used as a blood-bag to those filthy creatures with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 14

13.2K 566 38
By inspired2fly

Song= A Drop In the Ocean: Ron Pope

I wanted to scream so badly, but when I would open my mouth my lungs would get filled with air. Causing me to turn my head into the stranger's chest, that I was sure was Finn's. I watched as he continued to breeze through the trees not flinching as the wind hit his body, the wind didn't even remove his hood so I couldn't see a peek of his eyes. I would remove their hood with my hands, but they were already being occupied on holding on around their neck. I was too afraid that if I let go I would fall off. So instead of looking up to where the temptation of removing the person's hood was, instead I tried looking down, and instantly regretted it.

The ground and his feet were moving way too fast for my mind to get a grasp on what was going on. He would fluently move around what looked like rocks and logs, at least what I could glance at. Everything must be going in slow motion for him, I didn't feel any bumps. It was like he was skating down a hill on a completely flat surface.

I started to hear sirens in the distance, those loud ones that anyone could hear in a twenty mile radius. They were coming from the castle, they were only heard when something was clearly wrong. The last time they were heard was about a year ago when a picture of a girl popped up on the TV screens of every household in America. I remember this was before Greg enforced the no-leaving-the-truck rule. We had stopped at a small café, and on the TV was a girl with long blonde hair, and below her name was a price that would be given to the person that brought her back. The picture was of a girl that used to be living, the girl once known as Jen.

I remember wondering why he would want her, I thought she ran away from a wedding proposal, but as she explained to me that she just wanted to kill him, it made sense that he would want her returned back to the castle. I guess eventually he did find her, since she became his maid. She explained to me that he couldn't just throw her in the jail cell since she could easily escape, so instead he locked her parents In there and would torture them if she did anything wrong. Now she was dead, so she couldn't kill him now, or save her parents.

But his time it wasn't Jen they were looking for, it was me.

Maybe I could still save her parents from their cell? That would make me feel less guilty for not going along with her plan to kill Trent. It would make me feel the slightest bit better about myself.

The sirens started to sound farther away as we kept moving. I wondered why no one stopped us. Then realized that Finn was wearing a castle uniform, how did he get that? We eventually stopped running at such a fast pace and eventually slowed down enough that I could open my eyes.

We stood in front of a tree. He didn't put me down.

I unclasped my fingers from around his neck and took my hands and pushed at his chest to let me go. He didn't.

"I don't understand why you didn't just kill me right away," I said, catching my breath as the adrenaline rush started to go away. "Do you want to make my death slow, Is that why?"

There was silence. "Why would I want to kill you? We need you."

That wasn't Finn's voice.

The stranger removed their hood to show a head full of curly blonde hair and black eyes. He took a step closer which resulted in me making a hissing noise come out of my mouth. My hands quickly covered my mouth to try to stop, as my eyes to become as big as the moon.

He put me down on my feet and put his hands up. "You are okay, I won't hurt you."

Images of Trent popped in my head, of him telling me that. Instantly the mark on my wrist started to ache, my gums started to hurt again and I could feel my canines start to elongate. My headache came back making me feel dizzy; I could feel my body start to wobble.

I closed my eyes, only to re-open them to find the stranger was sitting next to me on the ground rubbing my wrist. This wasn't helping at all. Pulling back my hand that he was currently holding I glared in his direction, and then tried to scoot further away, but my body wasn't listing to my request. I was too weak.

"You need blood, the process is over, and you are a new turned." He turned his neck to the side. "You need to drink." I saw the vein in his neck pulse and felt sick thinking about wondering what would happen if I just took one bite. Taking a sniff of the air made me even more repulsed, it smelled disgusting.

I could hear the strangers laugh. "If you are marked by your beloved," he said, then looked down at my wrist." Then only his blood will smell good to you, and his blood will be the tastiest too. Although my blood smells disgusting, it will taste fine."

"I don't want to."

"Your eyes are saying something different."

I quickly covered my eyes with my hands, while another chuckle was heard. "You can't get rid of blood lust."

I could barely get out my next words as the smell of his blood started to overwhelm my senses. "I don't even know you."

"Then let me introduce myself, my name is Kyle, and you are?"

He held his hand out for me to shake. He already said he wasn't going to kill me, he also said 'we need you.' Which I didn't understand at all. He was trying to help me feel better; he hadn't killed me...yet. He was doing nothing that a kidnapper would do. So Without thinking I grabbed his hand.

"So what did you mean when you said 'we ne-" I was cut off short as he tugged my hand so that I fell directly on top of him, but not just on his chest, my head landed directly onto the side of his neck.

"I will answer your question if you drink my blood."

All I saw was red, I didn't have time to answer before I plunged my teeth into his flesh and sucked like a person stranded in the dessert for so long that they forgot what water tasted like.

Someone's voice I could hear kept yelling at me, but I couldn't hear the word that they kept repeating. Without warning my body flung off of his and landed forcefully against a tree. Looking up my vision became clear again and I saw Kyle's eyes half closed and half opened. I couldn't kill him by drinking all his blood, but I could make him go unconscious.

"I'm sorry I had to do that, but I kept telling you to stop and you wouldn't." He gave me an apologetic look, which I didn't understand at all. He was just trying to protect himself. He had to protect himself from me.

I stared into his eyes and all I felt was regret as the blood started to poor from my eyes.

"Please don't cry, I'm okay I promise. You are just a new turned and don't have complete control over your body yet."

This is why I wanted to die, I wanted to have control over my body, and I wanted to live my life, not just go through the motions of waking up and going back to sleep.

Kyle started to scoot closer to me asi stayed with my back againt the tree. He reached his hand out to touch my face, and I flinched away.

"Don't touch me, I'm a monster." I yelled.

"No you aren't, you are just a vampire." He assured me. "That's what vampires do."

I opened my mouth to reply, when I started to hear footsteps. "The castle soldiers are already looking for us and getting closer," I whispered.

"If you count a mile as being close." He smirked, as he wiped away some of the blood from the face and licked it.

"What do you mean? They sound extremely close."

"That just means that your vampire hearing is working." I nodded my head in understanding. I remembered the speed, the teeth, and the complexion of a vampire, but not the hearing? I mentally added that to the list of reasons why I didn't want to be a vampire. Sometimes I liked things being silent; it gave me time to myself.

"Is there a way to block out all the noise?"

I flinched after I said it. Would he act the way Trent did when I asked if I could remove the beloved mark on my wrist? Maybe, vampires had a soft spot for not turning off their abilities.

He laughed.

"Yes, there is. And what was with the unsettling look that crossed your face after asking your question?"

I shrugged my shoulders in reply; there was no need to explain to him my thing with always asking stupid questions.

A pounding came to my head making me clutch my head with both my hands, "They are coming closer!"

"Keep your voice down." He whispered to me, which made me realize that his voice wasn't loud, he sounded normal. I opened my mouth to ask why that was, but he put his finger to his lips before turning around and drawing a circle, then drawing two horizontal lines with a vertical one going through it before pounding his fist into it, causing the bottom of the tree bark to rise like a door.

His hand covered my mouth as he picked me off the ground and carried me into the dark hole, the bark of the tree closing behind us.

My head continuing to pound like a helicopter was landing above our heads.

"Now listen to my voice and only my voice. Close your eyes and just listen to me." I don't know why I was listing to him at all, he was the one that kidnapped me, yet I trusted him.

I did as he said, and it worked. The noise started to fade until it sounded more like kids running around a playground.

"Where did they go!" A familiar voice asked, making me hold in a gasp. I felt lucky that Kyle's hand was still over my mouth. "I heard her only seconds ago."

"We are sorry, Drew, but they don't seem to be anywhere around here. I can't even smell her."

I looked at Kyle with a questioning look, and in the darkness of the tree I could still see him. He seemed to know before I even asked the question, he mouthed, "Lavender." That's why they couldn't smell us.

"Well if she was just here she couldn't have gone far." Another man spoke. Which made me wonder how many people Trent sent out looking for me?

"Then don't just stand there like some idiots. We are wasting time. Move it!" Drew sounded like he was screaming out orders as the footsteps started to move away.

"You can breathe now," Kyle chuckled as I sighed letting my shoulders relax.

"So what is this place?" Of course, I had to ask.

"I like to refer to this place as 'The Humans Tunnel.' That's why to get in you have to draw the letter H, it stands for human."

"But you are not a human."

"And neither are you." He had a point.

"So then how did you find out about it? If it's a human tunnel, I don't think any humans would want vampires to know about it?" I questioned.

He chuckled. "That's where you are wrong. This tunnel isn't just for humans; it is for the 'Saving Humans Cause.'"

I updated!! Can you believe it? Because I can't.

I know I'm late, but HAPPY NEW YEARS!! And this is the last day of winter break and I start school back up again tomorrow. Which Sucks!!

So any thoughts on this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

668 1 61
Things changed. It happened slow....Then, it suddenly picked up. It took on a life of it's own. SHIT! The weaker are on top. They seem to have...
14.4K 714 32
I couldn't have another person make me a promise they couldn't keep. I didn't want to do this anymore, this endless game of circling confusion. My m...
1.1K 66 13
He stole my heart, he grabbed my mind, he strangled my dreams, but spared my life, I was lost, I was alone. All I wanted was to go home, but he didn'...
23.3K 580 25
What if you could leave your old life behind and somehow love in another? Well I did... One simple wish and one simple drawing turned my whole world...