A Veil of Shadow ✅

MarinaWritings által

✨Previously called Ruthless✨ He's cold hearted, dangerous, and not one to be messed with. Leandor the alpha o... Több

*Prolouge
*Chapter One: You're not my mate
*Chapter Two: Leandor
*Chapter Three: I'm not worth killing for
*Chapter Four: Vincent
*Chapter Five: His Room
*Chapter Six: Foolish Type
*Chapter Seven: Paula
*Chapter Eight: Both Out Of Luck
*Chapter Nine: He Did Deserve it, Right?
*Chapter Ten: Just When You Think
*Chapter Eleven: Weak
*Chapter Twelve: Wyatt
*Chapter Thirteen: Simple Kindness
*Chapter Fourteen: A little to much to drink
Chapter Fifteen: A Challenge
*Chapter Seventeen: That bastard didn't deserve to live
Chapter Eighteen: Over the line
*Chapter Nineteen: Think for yourself
Chapter Twenty: Who do you think you are?
Chapter Twenty-One: Innocence
Chapter Twenty-Two: She hit you
Chapter Twenty-three: It hurt
Chapter Twenty-four: Destructive
Chapter Twenty- Five: So Beautiful
Chapter Twenty - Six: Who's he?
Chapter twenty-seven: Turning point
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Find Elena
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A gift and a curse
Chapter Thirty: Such a distraction
Thirty - One: How could I forget?
*Thirty-Two: Demon Inside Him
Thirty-Three: Go against everything
Thirty-Four: The Gathering {Part One}
Thirty-Four: The Gathering {Part Two}
Thirty-Five: Wanted
Thirty-Six: The Unexpected
Thirty-Seven: On the Brink
Chapter Thirty - Eight: Just Save Him
Chapter Thirty-Nine: You Have to Understand
Chapter Forty: Not Just yet
Forty - One: Would Have to Wait
Forty-Two: Plans
Forty-Three: Now We Wait
Forty- Four: Take charge
Chapter Forty-Five: So this is it
⚠️IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (must read)

Chapter Sixteen: A run in

101K 3.8K 260
MarinaWritings által

Logan was roaming ahead of me checking out the premises for danger. It was like I was some delicate dandelion in their eyes, just like Leandor viewed me. I was still bubbling with fumes of fury though with Elena that I didn't mind the extra pair of eyes on the look out.

How could Elena not tell me what the hell landed us in this awful predicament? It was a load of bull shit, that was what it was. Luther our past Alpha loved Elena and I as if we were his daughters. He even treated us better than his own sons sometimes. Luther always complimented us on our beauty and skills for she-wolves. We were, after all ranked the higheset in our female class.

I still remember Maybell's face when she saw my name on the number one spot. Just below me was Elena and then Maybell then all the other girls in our class.

Maybell was always looked at as the best of the best. Every male shifter wanted her as their own. Hell if I were a guy too I would have wanted her. She wasn't a slut but just very smart and athletic. She was the ideal mate. I was the ugly duckling of the pack not literally of course, but even Elena was viewed better than me.

If it weren't for Luther's constant admiration for me I think the whole pack would have disowned me. Yea, I was a bit of a bitch to numerous amounts of girls and people in general, but I was only being myself. There's never been anything wrong with being myself.

I walked close behind Logan as he drank from a small stream in a deserted meadow. It was a nice change of scenery instead of the constant view of forest and moss. This meadow was wide, filled with daisies and violets.

I made my way over to Logan and laid down, my nose just above the water. The stream gushed water at a smooth rate and I inhaled the fumes that relaxed every muscle in my body. I needed this. I had to get out and breathe. I deprived my wolf from being let out. She was restless and a bit angry at me for multiple reasons.

One, was that I hadn't let her out in a while. Two, was I wasn't letting her express her true colors. And three, was that I had ran away from our mate. A mate I didn't want. A mate she was drunk for.

Closing my eyes I allowed myself to drift off into an abyss of darkness. I welcomed it with open arms. I kept thinking over and over what might have caused Luther to so quickly change his perspective of Elena and I. It was almost instantaneous the way he changed. It was like one moment he loved us and would have died for us and then the next thing you know he kicked us out and is hunting us.

Now that I think about it why would Luther be hunting us if he kicked us out in the first place? It didn't make sense. I thought about it again. When I thought back to the day that change the course of our lives I realized Elena was the one who came home upset and in tears yelling for me to hurry up and pack my bags. She told me that Luther wanted us out of the territory by morning. So I listened and we left. I never thought much about it again, until now.

What if Luther never wanted us to leave? And Elena was the one coming home telling me false facts just to follow her?

Now I was beyond pissed more like betrayed. Elena was one selfish son of a bitch! How could she do something so selfish? It wasn't in her personality to even think about something like this! I didn't understand, and now more than ever I was frustrated for not even thinking about this.

I could have been following her every order, leaving my pack that I was accepted into for no god damn reason but to listen to Elena. To have trusted her words! She was a liar and a good one at that.

A twig snapped in the distance and I thought nothing of it as it was probably Logan just snooping around. Wyatt did tell him to keep an eye out for me or any other rouge for that matter. It wasn't rouges that I was worried about any ways and I was pretty sure Wyatt was implying Leandor's scouts when he told Logan to keep an eye out.

Leandor was out there and from what I over heard from severally people he was out searching for me. I was his mate after all so one look in my direction from someone who knew me and I was bound to be found.

I would have been lying if I never admitted that I kind of wanted Leandor. Yea, sure he's one psychopathic lunatic but I cared about him, however little time I've spent with him. I don't even think it was even a day! Wow what compassion I have for the lad.

Another snap from a branch and I was brought out of my thoughts. I looked over to see what it was only to find that Logan was standing over me with his teeth on display. Display for what? I don't know! There was nothing there! 

Confused, I stood up only for Logan to bump the side of my body and I fell down to the ground with a omph. I growled a little, but was cut short from a much, much louder one. My wolf paced inside my head again and I knew exactly who it was even before I saw him. Leandor.

A small whimper of surprise and fear passed through me and I stared in awe as I gazed up to see him approaching Logan at a steady pace. Not at all fazed by Logan's attempt in driving him off the premises. This was neutral territory. Had Leandor forgotten that?

Logan growled at him when Leandor was a mere 20 feet away, if that. Leandor growled back and soon six other wolves emerged from the woods behind him. I gulped and quickly stood up with my tail between my legs and low to the ground. I didn't want to go back. I- I don't even know what I fucking wanted anymore.

Fear driving me insane I bumped into Logan catching his attention. He looked at me briefly but it was enough to tell him we had to back off and run. He nodded and slowly we took cautious steps back but Leandor's wolves began to flank us and that's when we made a break for it.

We ran as fast as our legs could take us. Logan was a head of me by a small length but I was easily keeping up with him. We couldn't lead them back to the house where all the others were. I couldn't do that to Elena as much as I was upset with her. And I couldn't do that to the people who saved my damn life. And I couldn't get Logan killed for trying to keep me safe. Thinking quickly I made a sharp turn breaking off from Logan. They were after me not him.

I looked back for a second to see if I were being followed and just as I expected I was but there were fewer now. Leandor was one of them and he was hot on my heels. I turned around only to stumble and fall down a steep rocky hill. My body slammed into each Boulder and sharp rock. A slab of sharp rock jabbed into my side and I knew it punctured the skin. I hoped it wasn't to deep.

It didn't end there was I continued to fall hitting my head on tree stump. I yelped I high pitch and finally slammed into the hard dirty at the bottom leaving a cloud of thick dust in the way.

I could hear movement above me where I had fallen. There was little to no doubt that it was Leandor and his minions. I had a few seconds to get up and shake myself off before I had to get a move on again. I couldn't stay here all broken, just to find myself in the same hopeless situation. 

I took in a breath of air but I wheezed when a pain erupted from my side. I may have punctured a lung I don't know. I closed my eyes trying to calm myself down and block the pain. Taking another try at standing up I did this time but it was a vain effort as Leandor was now standing right in front of me. I stood there paralyzed and in pain. I was only standing on three legs no able to put the slightest weight on my back leg. Blood was dripping down from my snot and my head was pounding with an undeniable concussion.

Leandor studied me hard and long. Why? Who cares all I want is to fall asleep and forget any of this happened. But I couldn't obviously.

I tried taking a step back but I fell helplessly to the ground with a thud and whimpering. Dust flew in the air and Leandor was by my side in moments. I laid there motionless and helplessly hoping to the dear goddess herself that she'd bless me with a way out of this predicament.

Leandor nestled his nose into the crook of my neck nudging me to stand up but I couldn't. He nudged me again but yet again I could not. He walked around me to touch my belly to help me up. I yelped when he slightly touch it and he was quick to retreat like it stunned him or something. The other wolves watching horrified and stunned themselves. They looked one worried sick.

I looked at him only to see worry and concern for my wellbeing in his eyes. It was strange to see. I had only seen that look in Elena's eyes and our parents no one else's. It was shocking to say the least.

I breathed shallowly and slowly. Closing my eyes I heard the cracking and snapping of bone knowing someone had shifted back to their human selves. I opening my eyes again Leandor was kneeling next to me resting the palm of his hand to the side of my face. His green eyes studying me. A feeling of composer passed over me when he started petting my fur and I relaxed into his gentle touch. Was this the way mates were suppose to feel like? If so I don't think I ever was to leave again. Don't jump the gun. My self conscience reminded me.

"Shift Mia." Leandor told me but I did not comply. I was to weak to shift. Heck I was to weak to even breath right. "Mia you need to shift." He repeated getting a little more impatient.

He was right I had to shift but how? I couldn't shift! I squeezed my eyes shut but nothing happened. I thought about my human self but I was too weak to shift. Too weak to move. Too weak to realize I was slowly bleeding to death. I was going to die I knew it. My time was finally up.

"God damn it Mia don't make me do this!" Leandor scolded with frustration. What the heck was he so pissed about that he'd be able to make me shift?
Like he could?!

I stared at him a good while and tried again but nothing happened. Now I'm getting fucking frustrated.

"That's it!" Leandor yelled taking my face in his hands and staring deep into my blue eyes. "I command you to shift right now!" He shouted this time louder and laced with his dominating alpha tone for affect. And just like that my bones twisted and cracked until I was coughing up blood and my skin was as pale was a white sheet of paper.

I was nude but I could care less. All I wanted was to be ok again. But that was a long shot away.

Leandor touched my cold cheek with his insanity warm palm. His face looked calculatedly between my face and body. He grimaced when he looked toward my stomach area. We're me wounds that terrible looking? God I'm going to die!

"We need to get you to a hospital." Leandor said moving gently to pick me up.

"Why thank you very much captain obvious." I retorted cringing when he went to put an arm under my legs and around my shoulders. I wrapped my arms around his neck for support.

"Don't use that tone talking to me. I wont have any of it." Leandor growled. I rolled my eyes and gritted my teeth. I wasn't about to have any of this shit again either. That make fucking two of us, I thought.

"I can use what ever tone I want you asshole. Especially when I'm about to fucking die. I'd shut up if I were you." I told him smirking when I noticed his contorted facial features when he was having his internal battle. I knew he realized I was right so he kept his mouth shut.

I wanted to say more but the pain was getting worse and I let out groan of pain and clutched to Leandor in desperation. I wanted the pain to end. It was torturous to the point I wanted to cry. I will not cry I wasn't a baby. I was grown women for pete's sake.

"Hang on Mia. I promise, you'll make it." Leandor whispered to me. Though, he wasn't someone I wanted to see, his voice soothes my wrack nerves to the point I was becoming tired and I was forgetting about the pain. My eye lids grew heavier with ever blink that before I knew it my eyes were glue shut and my thoughts turned into spattered senseless dreams.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

406K 11.1K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...
3.2M 75.7K 38
"I said look at me," he growled as he grabbed my arm from the Gamma in a vice grip. I winced and finally looked up to his stunning grey eyes. 'Mate...
477K 14.8K 24
Mia Ross has been running since she was 13. Now 17, with her 19 year old brother, she is still running. From whoever killed her parents along with he...
662K 17.7K 29
17. That's how old I am today. It's about time too. I was getting sick of being 16. I hear a low rumble being emitted from my chest. I run towards th...