Avengers and Quake

By NightStrike9

This is also out on Ao3 btdubs. This is set after Infinity War, but some different people got dusted and diff... More

Meeting
Space
Hunting Thanos
Maveth
HYDRA castle
Jemma!
Nightmare
Past Midnight
Explanation
A/N
Tagged
1K!!!!
When is it?
Camping
It's been a while
Like a Yo-Yo
A/N
There will be a new part soon hopefully.
Argument
A question for yall
In addition to the last A/N
I knew but I wished I was wrong
A/N

T.A.H.I.T.I.

866 22 4
By NightStrike9

Joey POV

I still don't know if I can fully trust... wait what's her name... I can't remember... argh! D- yeah that's what it started with. Danielle? No. Diana? No that wasn't it. Denise? Gah, why is this so hard, no! Daisy? Yes! Finally! Daisy that's her name! Anyway, I don't know if I can really trust Daisy yet, she seems nice; she saved me. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, besides she said that we were going to the Avengers Compound so that will be awesome! I'll get to meet the avengers... unless they were dusted, wait no I'm not gonna think about that, not all avengers can be dusted, right? I hope no-

"Earth to Joey," Daisy said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry,"

"It's fine, we're here." Daisy gestured for me to come out of the room with her arm.

"Are you sure it's a good idea for me to leave this room?" I asked.

"It'll be fine."

"How do you know that?"

"Because this plane isn't shaking, the glass isn't smashing. My point is I got through it, so I can guarantee you will too. I had help... he might help you too, if not then I will, ok?"

"Ok," I gave in, walking towards the doors of my room, as the automatic opened I froze then looked up at Daisy. She nodded, I took a deep breath and stepped out of the automatic doors and saw Daisy smile at me in reassurance, so I returned it.

"Let's go then," She said still smiling. She led me to the cargo-hold or whatever it's called and opened the ramp and she walked down it, me following in suit. In-front of us stood Thor, Spider-Man, the Winter Soldier, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Hawkeye, and some other people I didn't recognise.

"H-Hello, I'm J-Joey," I stammered, starstruck.

"I'm Natasha, that's Wanda, Clint, Spider-Boy-" She started.

"I-it's Spider-man." Spider-Man protested, interrupting Black Widow.

"Thor, Bucky, Quill, Nebula, Hill, and Lincoln." She ignored him, gesturing to them as she said their names. "And Jemma is inside."

"O-Ok, nice to m-meet you all," I stuttered.

"You too, so you can melt metal?" Lincoln asked.

"Yea," I answer confused as to why he asked.

"That's awesome, how does it feel?" Lincoln continued.

"Uh, weird, why?" I questioned.

"I can help," 

I looked at Daisy and she nodded.

"What's happening to me?" I asked him.

"Ok, so..." Lincoln started, remembering the way he had explained it to Daisy, or Skye at that time, "Imagine a thousand years of evolution taking place instantaneously, that's what happened to you after you went through terrigenesis."

"Terri-what?" I asked.

"Ever heard 'blue angels that fell from the sky?" Daisy asked me.

"Yes," I answered.

No one's POV

The avengers watched curiously, from the side as Daisy and Lincoln explained Inhumans and terrigenesis eager to learn more.

"What about it?" Joey asked Daisy.

"The 'blue angels' were these aliens called Kree. The blue angels that fell from the sky where Ancient Kree that descended on planets all over the galaxy, altering the inhabitants to fight their war." Daisy started explaining, Joey nodding along, "The experiments were said to be torturous. On every planet they tried it on, the experiment failed, every planet except  Earth. On Earth, they had to be shut down, the better of the Kree stopped the others, putting a stop to the experiments."

"How did the experiments work?" Parker asked Daisy, not being able to reel in his curiosity.

Daisy said, "I'm not entirely sure, Thor might know," She turned to Thor.

"Well, the Ancient Kree injected their blood into their victims, unknowingly giving them powers."

"I'll be right back," Daisy said, walking into the building. Everyone looked at each other, confused as to why she would leave.

A few minutes Daisy and Jemma came out talking to each other.

Daisy's POV

"I'll be right back," I said, walking into the Compound. I went to Jemma's room and saw her eating strawberries. "Hey, how are you?" I asked.

"Better," She said in a less hoarse voice.

"You sound better. Uh, I actually have a question."

"What's it about?"

"Um, you know when I was shot..." I started. Her face changed to an expression I couldn't really place. "Well, you guys used Kree blood to save me, correct?"

"Yes."

"Thor just told us that Kree used their blood to make Inhumans, do you think that that's why I'm inhuman?"

"Let me think about it." 

"Do you want to come outside with the rest of us, I found the guy on the TV, you know, the one that melted metal?"

"Yea, I'll come."

"Take it easy," I said helping her up.

We were nearing the Compound exit when Simmons asked, "What did Jiaying tell you about the terrigen crystals?" 

We continued walking. "She said that only Inhumans or possible Inhumans could touch them," I answered. 

"Okay... I think that you had the gene."

"Why would you say that?"

"A. I'm guessing that it took the Kree many attempts to perfect how much blood. B. Coulson also had the GH-325 and when he touched the terrigen crystal he started turning to stone, the death one. And C. You would have gotten your powers the second we injected the serum."

"Yeah, you're right..." I agreed.

"Why did you want to know?"

"Just wanted to feel less like my mum." We stepped outside and everyone's head turned to look at us, but neither I nor Simmons realised so we continued talking.

No one's POV

"Daisy... you are nothing like Jiaying." Daisy gave the 'are you serious look'. "Personality-wise," she added, seeing the look Daisy gave her.

"I hope you're right."

"Daisy, Coulson wouldn't want you to be beating yourself up about what Jiaying did." All the avengers leaned a little closer, hearing Coulson's name.

"Yea, I suppose you're right." Daisy agreed.

"Ever since losing him and the team to the dust, it's been different."

All of the avengers', that new Coulson, jaws dropped. "What?!" Clit screamed.

Daisy and Simmons suddenly froze and looked up at the Coulsons old friends that looked shocked, confused, angry, and sad.

"Uh, how much did you hear?" Jemma asked.

"Enough..." Natasha replied.

Everyone, except for the people who knew Coulson, looked confused. "Who's Coulson?" Quill asked.

"He was Nat and Clint's mentor and friend. Apparently he had been like a father to them."Wanda answered.

"Why are they so shocked then?" Nebula asked.

"He died," Bucky replied.

"Yea, because of Thanos, we know," Quill said.

"He died before the battle of New York," Wanda said.

"Yea, that's not possible, I know I've been gone for 28 years but you can't have found a way to bring the dead back to life." Quill states.

Hill, Jemma shift uncomfortably, whilst Daisy looks anywhere but at the others.

"Yeah, as much of a bafoon this guy is I'm going to have to agree. You're just messing with us, you can't reawaken the dead." Clint agrees.

"I witnessed Son of Coul die by my brother's hand with my own eyes." Thor state.

"Well... we did find a way to bring Coulson back to life, but it was extremely experimental," Hill explained.

"And why did you have this?" Natasha asked.

"It was before the battle of New York and we decided we needed to be prepared for death, so we created a program that would be used to heal a fallen Avenger." Hill continues.

"What was the program called?" Parker asked, now intrigued on how they brought Coulson back from the dead; Daisy barely told him anything.

"It was named Project T.A.H.I.T.I." Jemma answered.

"Go on..." Nat said.

"Whilst creating it we needed to make sure it worked so we took agents that wouldn't live due to various problems. There were 6 initial subjects: Rebecca Stevens, Sebastian Derick, Hank Thompson, and Lewis Seaver. The other two I can't remember the name's of. Each one of the 6 patients exhibited Hypergraphia, Aphasia, Catatonia, and Psychosis." Hill stated and at a lot of their confused she explained, "Hypergraphia - desire to write or draw. Aphasia - impairment of language, affecting the production of speech as well as inability to write or draw. Catatonia - abnormality of movement due to a disturbed mental state. Psychosis - the loss of some contact with reality."

"...So... they were crazy," Quill suggested.

Hill sighed, "Yes."

"Well, you could have just said that it would have made life so much easier," Quill said.

"Anyway... we took these patients to a place we called the guest house where we tested project T.A.H.I.T.I.-" Hill began only to be cut off.

"Explain Project T.A.H.I.T.I. more," Parker said.

"Ok... ever heard of Kree?" Hill asked.

Daisy, Simmons, Thor, Quill, and Nebula nodded their heads, where the other's just stood there confused.

"Great..." Hill said sarcastically. 

Noticing some people's confusion Thor explained, "Kree are humanoid blue aliens with great power and speed - they come from space." Everyone who was confused nodded their heads at Thor's explanation. 

"And advanced healing properties," Hill added. "When we found the Guest House, there was a Kree in a chamber there. We found out they had great healing properties and, seeing as the battle of New York would most likely end in the death of one of the heroes, Fury decided that we should see if we could transfer the healing properties, using Kree blood, into humans to heal them if they received a fatal wound. We tested it on agents who were dying or had died recently, Agents Seaver, Derick, Stevens, Thompson, and two others."

"So the project was going to be used to heal one of us if we died or sustained a fatal wound?" Nat asked.

"Yes. We took the patients to the Guest House and tested Project T.A.H.I.T.I. on them. At first, it worked, it healed their wounds, but then they started carving this symbol on any surface available." Hill continues showing them a picture of the carving all of the T.A.H.I.T.I. patients did.

"Whoa..." Wanda whispered.

"What is it?" Parker asked.

"I don't kn-" Hill started before being cut off by Daisy.

"It's a map," Daisy answered.

"It is?" Hill asked.

"Yes, to the Ancient City... you know the one where Raina and I got powers?" Daisy asked.

"Oh, yeah." Hill agrees. "Anyway, we figured out that the only way it wouldn't drive the patients insane is if we erased their memories of T.A.H.I.T.I. and replaced them with something out, that something being having a trip to Tahiti... the place - hence the name."

"And you did that to Coulson? Even though you knew the risks?" Clint found his voice.

"Fury wasn't willing to let Coulson die, even if he had the smallest chance that it would go right he had to take it," Hill explained. 

"So it worked?" Quill asked.

"Yes, Coulson had no recollection of Project T.A.H.I.T.I. He remembered dying but he thought it was only 8 seconds. That was until someone from an organisation called Centipede, Raina, kidnapped him and reawakened some of his memories from T.A.H.I.T.I."

"How?" Nat asked.

"Raina found something called a Theta Brain-Wave Frequency Machine and used it to reawaken Coulson's true memories of what happened at 'Tahiti'." Simmons explained.

"So they tortured it out of him?" Clint asked, having heard of the machine before.

"Yes, but me and the rest of my team saved him before it could get too bad. Then when HYDRA arose, we found out John Garret, nicknamed the Clairvoyant, also had the GH formula, the Kree blood, in him. Garret started carving on every surface around him. When Coulson saw them, something in him triggered and he started carving, I don't know how long but Daisy might." Simmons explained, before turning to Daisy.

"I-I don't know how long, but I found a carving on his desk he was trying to cover with some files."

"When?" Simmons asked.

"You were in Hydra..." Daisy said vaguely.

"When?" Simmons pushed.

"A couple of days before you were exposed to HYDRA," Daisy answered.

"Okay."

"But I think the carving started not long after he saw Garret's. May and Coulson were obviously keeping it a secret; they were spending long periods of time in Coulson's office, it started off as just once a month then every couple of weeks. So it was that or..." Daisy trailed off.

"Yeah, you don't need to finish that Daisy," Hill said.

"Is there anything else we should know?" Bucky asked. 

Simmons and Daisy discretely looked at each other answering, "No." At the same time.

"That's enough about SHIELD, I want to know more about the Inhumans and what I am and Kree because all of this, somehow feels connected," Joey said.

"Okay... I'll explain it some more in the morning," Lincoln said as he noticed the air getting colder and the sun beginning to set, "Unless Daisy wants to do it as well?" He turned to her.

Daisy smiled and nods. 

"Um, I was wondering if we could all leave the compound tomorrow for a few days, get to know each other go camping - if that's all right with you all of course?" Peter (Parker) suggested.

Everyone looked at each other and nodded.

"Nice idea Web-Head." Daisy complemented.

"Well, uh, what time?" Parker asked.

"Mid-Day wouldn't be bad," Clint suggested and everyone agreed.

"All right then, Mid-Day it is." Nat agrees.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.1K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...
1.4K 79 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
464 34 9
fem oc x maria hill/loki laufeyson state of grace, marvel โso you were never a saint and i've loved in shades of wrong. we learn to live with the pai...
7.3K 240 27
|Part 1| When Agent Hill is kidnapped and taken somewhere unknown, Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff are recruited by Fury to locate and rescue him...