Manmuradein

By ElysianCoral

Aahnik Singh Rathore's life was going fine until Khwaab Malik decided to enter and turn it upside down. Join... More

Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9

Chapter - 5

1.1K 180 113
By ElysianCoral

Read the note at the end.

||•||

It was early morning at six when Khwaab slowly came into her senses. Struggling for few minutes she opened her eyes and noticed the surroundings.

It was a dark, huge room with many beds around. They looked like hospital beds.

Damn that blast!!! She was alive?
Who saved her? How come she's here?

Her mind bombarded with so many questions and she slowly got up on her own and sat on the bed.

A shooting pain ran through her head and she held it quickly groaning in pain.

The gates opened revealing a man in doctors' uniform. It wasn't hard for her to know that he was the one who treated her.

"Morning lady" Doctor Neil greeted her and moved to her side, taking a glass of water along with medicines he forwarded it to Khwaab.

Khwaab without a single question gulped the medicines.

"Can I know in which hospital I am?" Khwaab questioned the doctor after keeping the empty glass on the table beside her bed.

"You're in IAF station, Kashmir." The doctor replied to her with a proud glint in his eyes.

Khwaab felt really happy after listening to this. She was close to her Ayan Papa.

Wait!! What if he knows that she's here and that too in this state. She'll be dead and damn those freaking long lectures.

Even if they were for her but she wasn't a kid after all.

"How did I come here? I thought I died last night." Khwaab could not help asking the doctor about how she got saved.

"Squadron Leader Aahnik Singh Rathore saved you." A voice very known to Khwaab replied before the doctor could reply.

Khwaab's head snapped in the direction of the voice, and her eyes stopped at the man in front of her.

"Papa" Khwaab squealed like a kid and was going to get up from her bed to embrace her dear Ayan Papa when Ayan in few long strides reached to her and stopped her from getting down from the bed.

"Khwaab you're not recovered yet, so stop jumping like a kid and stay on the bed." Khwaab frowned at him.

"What?" Ayan questioned her raising his eyes to which Khwaab made a sad pout.

"You better follow my instructions, I've yet not told your father and be thankful about that." Ayan tried to be firm but was failing because no matter how strict he was with others, in front of Khwaab he always melted like butter.

"But on a serious note, you scared me and I don't know what would have had happened if Aahnik would not have reached there at the right time." Khwaab noticed the proud glint in Ayan's eyes at the mention of this certain someone's name starting with A and ending at K.

"You seem to be very fond of your dear Aahnik." Khwaab made an irritated expression but wasn't really irritated. It was her way to know about her savior because she didn't want to become a topic of tease in front of her papa.

Her Ayan Papa was worst when it came to teasing and leg-pulling, he even used to leave her friends behind and tease the hell out off here at another level.

"You don't need to be jealous or irritated by the boy. He's really warm and sweet, I'm sure you would like him once you meet him." Ayan knew her too well to not notice that his daughter was playing games with him.

He was trying to suppress his laugh and he succeeded anyway.

||•||

Later on around nine in the morning Khwaab came out of the washroom adorning a baby pink chikankari kurta with a high waist, ankle-length white jeans. The hair was left open and was wet as she has washed them.

She was in the Headquarters building with Ayan since the time she got discharged.

She was doing fine and there was nothing much to worry about her health. There were only few injuries which were covered with bandage that she changed again after taking a shower.

She was told not to take a shower but did she care? Not at all. There was no one in this world who could stop her from taking a shower for even a single day.

She reached to her luggage that was returned from the hotel that she had checked in the previous day. There was no way she could herself go there because the whole city was in the curfew but Ayan being at her side made it easier and she easily got her luggage.

Taking out the hairdryer, she dried her hair before her Ayan papa would come back and scold her for not following the instructions of the doctor.

She was done after ten minutes and was setting her things in the bag when Ayan came.

"Let's go." Ayan smiled at her and locking the door behind moved with her to the ground to make her meet the saviour.

||•||

"Twenty round of the main filed in ten minutes," Aahnik instructed the cadets their punishment who had recently joined the training camp in Srinagar.

Normally the students of Kashmir after passing the examination are trained in Srinagar station only.

"Yes sir and sorry sir." The cadets apologized to Aahnik for coming late in the morning session and ran off to complete their punishment.

Aahnik nodded positively and started jogging himself. He didn't return back to the mess to have his breakfast today and it was three hours past the breakfast timing.

The situation in the city was under control, with the junior and his mates handling it along with the Indian Army.

He was irritated by the fact, that he was not given a single duty in the city for even an hour. He was denied because according to the seniors he had worked enough continuously for months before and after his promotion without taking his holidays.

This irritation turned into restlessness when he didn't find certain someone in the sick room when he visited there in the morning around eight before breakfast.

He did visit her, going against his sane part of the mind who kept telling him not to. He tried stopping himself but failed miserably.

He wanted to see her and check if she was doing fine or not, and God knows why her whereabouts has suddenly started to matter him a lot.

It was scaring that suddenly out of nowhere someone started to affect him. He hated those feelings that his heart started to feel on the mere mention or thought of HER.

Stranger? Not anymore. He knew her name.

Last night Ayan Sir told him about her a little bit which included her name and how she was his best friend's daughter and his daughter even.

He needed to keep himself occupied and not allow his mind to think about her even for once.

Also, he needed to stay away from her as far as possible because she was living with Ayan Sir and in the Headquarter so not meeting her was almost an impossible task but he could try his best.

"So Aahnik stay sane and stay away." These words had only left his mouth when his eyes stopped at a figure coming his way.

God was not at all listening to him. All his determination went into the water as his eyes lingered on her face.

Wearing a pink kurta she was looking like the pink blush of the cold winters. Her open hair was flying in the wind as she talked something with Ayan Sir who was coming with her.

He finally saw her beautiful doe shaped black eyes which were filled with shine and spark as if they consisted of stars.

Her pink pouty lips were adding to her cuteness as she was changing her expressions after every second.

Aahnik had already become a statue and he stood there mesmerized by her beauty and innocence in the middle of the field.

Where was the determination to stay away from her?

Gone too soon.

His sane part of the mind was blocked as if didn't exist.

He badly wanted to see this fragile doll talking and he didn't know that it'll make him feel so many things at once.

He couldn't stop gazing at her. It was like she became his favorite sight in just a few seconds.

The rays of sun shining upon her head was making her skin and face glow like anything and she looked like a beautiful daydream.

"Khwaab is indeed a dream." He whispered to himself as his lips stretched for a beautiful smile and Khwaab instantly looked at him as if she heard him.

Aahnik sucked a deep breath the moment his eyes got locked with hers, the world stopped around him and the only thing he could see was her.

Her eyes stared deeply into his and he felt like she was reading him, not wanting to be caught by her, he removed his eyes breaking the eye lock and looked at the other side of the ground pretending to be busy in looking at the cadets.

While coming to the ground, she felt like somebody called her and instantly her eyes met with a pair of chocolaty brown orbs which looked like the most mesmerizing pair of eyes she had ever seen.

She stared deeply into those eyes as if trying to read them, without knowing herself. She didn't intend on doing it but she felt attracted to his eyes.

His eyes said a story of their own. They held deep and dark hidden secrets and he knew how to cover them very well.

She felt irritated when he broke the eye lock and turned his face in some other direction.

Khwaab just know that people aren't actually what they appear to be and sometimes it's hard to find how that is but you must keep trying to find the real them if your heart says so." Khwaab confusingly looked at Ayan as he uttered these words to her suddenly, while Ayan was looking at Aahnik who was trying his best to stay unaffected from the whole situation.

Khwaab slightly nodded her head at his words and her eyes again captured the mystery man in front of her.

He looked mouth-watering in that formal uniform, his cap was missing as she has seen it with Ayan many times but she didn't mind it all.

His smooth black hair were messed up due to the wind passing by and few were falling on his temple kissing it from time to time. His pink lips and the mole just above his lips along with that knife sharp jawline made him look like a model straight out of a magazine.

The two days old stubble was the cherry on the cake.

She was ogling at him, checking him out in the best possible way. She didn't mind doing it blatantly because boy he deserved all the checking out.

"Cmon my girl stop checking out your savior and behave like a decent daughter of mine." Khwaab's hear instantly snapped on her right side where Ayan stood at her side giving her a teasing smile.

"I...wasnt...papa" khwaab fumbled while replying as her face turned into the shade of tomato.

"Well you know I actually don't mind you doing it since he is someone to ogle at." Khwaab's face hung open as she registered his words.

"Like seriously Papa" Khwaab made a pout and her eyes giving a " you're impossible" look to which Ayan nodded and both of them ended up laughing.

"Squadron Leader Aahnik Singh Rathore it's your time to get your reward in Khwaab's style." Khwaab looked back at Aahnik with dreamy eyes and a teasing smile.

Reaching to him Ayan fake coughed to grab Aahnik's attention. He knew he was just pretending because he didn't miss the little checking out session of both of them along with the smile that Aahnik's face adorned at the end.

"Good morning Sir." Aahnik wished him with a polite smile and tried hard to avoid looking at someone beside Ayan.

"Well morning Aahnik. I'm here to introduce you to someone." Aahnik's heart started beating fast at the mention of someone. He knew whom he was talking about and he didn't want to meet her.

He knew her more than enough and his heart surely won't be able to handle more and control the feelings inside them.

He was already struggling hard every second and this would be the too much to take but he didn't have an option.

Ayan gestured Khwaab to make the more.

"Hey I'm Khwaab Malik." Khwaab introduced herself sweetly to him while trying hard not to flirt with him.

The boy in front of her looked so shy and that made him appear cute.

Aahnik had to look at her now and there was no option left. Her voice was as sweet as honey and he felt himself losing again in her.

Get a grip on yourself Aahnik.

"I'm Aahnik," Aahnik replied in a meek voice as if speaking was getting harder for him.

What the hell was wrong with him? He forgot speaking or what? Why was he having like a teenager who was talking with his crush?

He was a Squaron Leader fgs and not some college boy who was in love.

"She's here to thank you Aahnik." Ayan eyed Khwaab to thank him to which Khwaab smiled and went ahead embracing him in a hug.

Aahnik stopped breathing as her petite frame embraced him and her lavender rose smell engulfed his nostrils from everywhere. Her arms wrapped around his body in a loose wrap.

The feelings that seeped inside him at that moment was something that felt after ages. He felt HOME. He felt PEACE.

Why? He didn't know. She was just a mere girl whom he saved last night but it turned out to be an entirely different thing for me.

With every passing second, his emotions were getting deeper and deeper and he didn't like it.

Nobody was allowed to enter his territory and by making him feel all this, she was doing this only.

"Thank you so much for saving my life," Khwaab whispered in his ear rubbing her lips intentionally on it and making him shiver.

He closed his eyes the instant her lips made contact with his ear. An electric current ran through his body and it was getting hard for him not to embrace her back.

"You know you're such a treat to my eyes." Khwaab broke the hug but not before whispering these words to him. His eyes snapped open and his mouth almost got open in a surprise.

Khwaab chuckled looking at his face and gave him a wink before moving to her original place.

Such a tease she was but she was enjoying doing this to the Greek God standing in front of her.

She thought that he would be a tough guy and would hug her back and maybe give a reply to her flirt too but no she was wrong.

This boy was anything but a flirt. She saw how his body shivered when she touched his ear with her lips. She got the clue about him then and there of not having a single girlfriend in the past.

She was surprised but felt like admiring him.

He was a ONE WOMEN MAN and it was hard to find someone like him.

She was surely going to enjoy living here in the IAF station for the next few days without any doubt.

||•||

Tadaaaa and I updated!!! Sorry for being so late. I wasn't able to write but to compensate I did publish a new OS "Is It Love?" which I guess you all have read. The second thing I'll update MM again on Sunday. Third thing one more surprise is coming ;)

Do vote and comment ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 13.9K 50
She had come into his life like a sudden flame , blazing and streaming into his heart <3 <3 She Had something to tell him , But he wa...
61.5K 4.1K 55
It is their story. Mostly depends upon their narrations. How two individuals telling their own story, thoughts and much more. Somewhere u also fin...
364K 20.9K 52
Peep in to read a another story of our Arshi......
26.4K 1.6K 8
I ....................... Last Breath!