Teri Meri Aashiqui

Par Desi_Ladki

Gorgeous cover by @shivikamadlover thanks again Hi I'm Anika. Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Mein yeh proudly... Plus

Part 1 - Introduction
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Important Notice
Part 17

Part 12

85 14 4
Par Desi_Ladki

The movement of the hand underneath his woke up Omkara after a short nap. He lifted his head from the hospital bed and sat straight on the chair beside it. From what he could tell, Anika was waking up. And as his gut feeling told him, managing her wasn't going to be an easy task.

Taking her hand in his, Om thought that he had to be there for her. Despite him not seeing eye to eye with her regarding the choice to keep Shivaay unaware, he felt responsible to uphold the trust she put in him.

The phone beside him started to vibrate, indicating a call. But Omkara declined it quickly, after seeing the caller to be Rudra.

After Anika was taken into surgery for her hand, Rudra reached the hospital, though he was not in the state to be there. Hence, Om took the call to send him back before she could come out of surgery.

Out of the two of them, they knew Anika's bond with Rudra was more relaxed and laid back. They messed about and pranked everyone. Their childish behaviour and activities seemed to match those of the young children in the house.

Her relationship with Om was more serious and mature. They both where well aware of how to handle situations in a sophisticated manner. This helped Om to decide that he should be the one waiting for her to wake up.

Back to the current time, the effects of the anaesthetic drug was slowly wearing off. Anika's eyes were opening, but with much difficulty. Om stood up to lean across her, so that he could reach her right side. He adjusted the position of her right hand, which was wrapped up in bandages. Returning to his seat, he moved the stand carrying the IV fluids back so that and sudden movement from her wouldn't knock it over.

Om: Bhaabi?

Her neck turned to face him, and she raised her hope-filled eyes to meet his. Suspiciously he was avoiding eye contact since Om's gaze was fixed to looking down. Anika was too smart not to realise there was something wrong.

Anika: mera bacha?

The mere whisper left her lips, and she attempted to lift her arm and rest it on her stomach. Unluckily, the cast was too heavy for the feeble Anika to lift.

Om: I'm so sorry Bhaabi lekin...

A small pause was taken to wipe his tears and take a deep breath.

Om: the baby wasn't strong enough

Almost immediately, Anika began to repeatedly deny his words. Although weak, she managed to shake her head furiously, wishing for some hope.

Om: I wish I could tell you something else

Tears began to flow, and soon the small sniffles and sobs became louder cries and wails. Om climbed onto the edge of the bed, and allowed space for Anika to rest her head back onto him. He was well aware that Anika would have been better off with Shivaay, but there wasn't any other option at that moment.

Anika: Nahi Om

She slowly became restless, gathering a little bit of energy. She tried to get out of the bed and in attempt, waved her arms about.

Om was quick to react, wrapping his arms around hers and holding her in that locked position. His plan was to calm her down and try to divert her mind.

Om: it's okay Bhaabi, let it all out

He caressed her hair back and placed a light kiss on her forehead.

The sound of loud footsteps getting closer pulled his attention to the room door. There he saw Gauri shocked, a hand rising to cover her mouth to stop the cries. Her poor sister, as if she hadn't suffered enough, lost a symbol of her love and marriage. She was uncontrollably crying, and Gauri could see Ok trying to calm her even a little bit.

Gauri would have burst into the room, but Priyanka stopped her and held her back

Gauri: Priyanka chod mujhe, Di needs me

Priyanka: Bhaabi no

Gauri: Prinku you don't understand...

Priyanka: yes I do

Gauri looked up to her, eager to listen to her advice.

Priyanka: Anika Bhaabi ko support ki zaroorat hai. Agar aap ese andhar jaayenge toh kaun Anika Bhaabi ko sambhalega?

It took a while before Anika calmed down and relaxed. She was still fidgeting, but certainly more steady than before

Anika: Om?

Om: haan Bhaabi?

He was quick to respond to her, and she lifted her head to look at her

Anika: Shivaay ko pata hai?

Om: abhi nahi

With his next words, Om pulled out his phone from his pocket and forwarded it to Anika

Om: yeh leker unhe call karo

Anika: nahi, aur aap sabko bata de ki Shivaay ko kuch maat bol

Om: lekin...

Anika: nahi Om

Her quick reply cut him mid sentence, and he gave her a glass of water. When Anika tried to take the cup, she realised her hand was in a cast.

Om: the bones in your hand were crushed in the fall. Surgery mein repair kiya lekin vact ke saath aur improvement hoga. Ek chota sa cut hai aapke forehead per, and that's been sutured up

The glass was raised to her lips, and Anika took a few sips of the water before looking towards the door

Anika: Gauri? Priyanka?

Om noticed her teary face and nodded negatively, signalling her to wipe her eyes. Gauri did that, and rushed to hug her sister

Gauri: aap theek ho?

Anika: nahi, lekin I'll be fine

Gauri: Radhika was giving me a hard time, isi liye late aayi

Priyanka soon followed in

Priyanka: kohi dard hai Bhaabi?

Anika: itna nahi

Priyanka: Dr Roy kuch dehr mein aayegi, discharge papers ke saath. Aap ghar aa sakte lekin bohot rest karna hoga aapko

Anika: kis kis ko pata hai?

Gauri: hum teeno, Rudra aur Bhavya. Dadi kal aari hogi, lekin Rudra ne bataya nahi.

Anika hummed in response, and Priyanka's pager buzzed.

Priyanka: mujhe jaana hai, mere patient ka surgery hai abhi

Om: theek hai, jaaye

Priyanka took their leave and hurried away.

Gauri: aapko kuch khaane ke liye chahiye? Aloo Puri yah kuch aur?

Anika: kuch nahi

Gauri looked up to Om.

Gauri: kuch toh chahiye hoga naa?

Anika: no

Gauri: I'll go see where the doctor is

She caught hold of a nurse outside the room, and asked for a time. The nurse replied saying the doctor would get to them in another hour or so.

Gauri: discharge hogi, kapre badalna?

Anika didn't give much of a response, but Om assisted Gauri in making her stand up. They lead her to the washroom and Gauri took the clothes.

Gauri: aap gaadi arrange ki jiye

The girls came out, Anika in a loose dress. She sat down on the hospital bed and didn't say a word.

Om: Bhaabi, Shivaay ka phone aaya

Her head quickly turned to him, wanting to know what he did.

Om: I let it go to voicemail

Anika relaxed a little, lay back in her bed

Gauri: lekin batana hoga Di, varna...

Om: Gauri shh

Keeping a hand on her shoulder, Om took Gauri out of the room to discuss the matter.

Om: Kya kari ho tum?

Gauri: Bhaaiya has to know

Om: I agree lekin...

Gauri: then let me tell him

Taking a few steps back, she took a long breath before continuing.

Gauri: Di toh batane nahi wale, kam se kam mujhe karne di jiye

Om: it's better if he gets to know from her rather that us

Gauri: It's better if he gets to know from family rather than outsiders

Om: she would want to tell him herself. Aur don't pressurise her into telling him.

Gauri: look, mein kisi ki side nahi lehri, lekin agar mein hoti toh I would want you there with me

She traced her hands down his arms and then interlocked his fingers with hers.

Gauri: un dono ke bond dekh ker, I think it will be best for them to get the pain out together. Aur vese bhi, Di is too selfless and selfish at the same time, to let him know.

Om: pehle ghar jaate, phir usse samjhayenge

A ringing phone diverted their attention, and Gauri saw the caller ID

Gauri: Rudra

She informed her husband before attending the call

Gauri: haan Rudy?

Rudra: Bhaabi, sorry to disturb lekin Radhika bohot roh rhi hai. We tried to calm her lekin I think she wants you only

Gauri: mein abhi aati

She kept the phone in her pocket and turned to Om

Gauri: it's Radhika, bohot roh rhi hai aur...

Om: it's okay, you can go

He dismissed her, and returned to the room himself. He saw Anika staring at a phone as it continuously rang. Placing his hands in his pockets, Om then realised he left his phone in the room.

Anika: Khannah Bhaaiya

She read out the name on the screen that was clearly written in the white font. This was a person she has and could blindly trust with her life. Om rushed to her and attended the call, mindful to keep it on speaker mode

Khannah: Om Sir?

Om: haan Khannah

Khannah: aapko pata Anika Di kaha hai? Voh apna phone nahi uthari hai. Mujhe kuch zaroori baat lan karni thi. Shivaay Sir bhi uska phone try kara hai par kohi response nahi aara

Om: Khannah tell me, I'll pass the message to Anika Bhaabi

Khannah: If you don't mind, kya mein directly usko bata sakta?

Om looked up to Anika, wondering what the matter could be. She was quick to realise what he was asking for.

Anika: usko pregnancy ke baare mein pata hai

She whispered to Om, confusing him.

Om: Khannah hold on a second

He put the call on hold, then looked at Anika for an explanation.

Anika: usko pehle pata challa. Khannah Bhaaiya ne hi mujhe test diya. Ke somehow got a feeling, kyu ki uss din mein thora kamzor aur bimar lagri thi

Om: toh he'll be expecting a reply

Anika: phone mujhe dedo

Taking the phone from him, she took the call off hold and began speaking

Anika: Khannah Bhaaiya?

Khannah: Anika Di? Phone kyu nahi uthari ho? Shivaay Sir pareshaan hai, aye test he results kese aaye?

Anika: Khannah where are you?

Khannah: Humare parents ke ghar mein. Seema ne Snivaay Sir aur Chutki ko bhar ghoomne leker gayi, aur Maa Baap soh rhe- kya hua Di?

Anika: Bhaaiya joh mein aapko batane wali hoon voh kisi aur ko maat batana, chahe kuch bhi ho jah

Khannah was a little scared, intimidated by the way she was speaking.

Khannah: esa kya hua Di?

Anika: I was pregnant, aapne sahi guess kiya lekin...

She needed a moment to take another deep breath. No matter how many times she heard or said it, the fact didn't seem to process.

Anika: I fell and...

Khannah: Oh God, mein abhi flight arrange karta hoon aur hum vaapis aare hai

Anika: Khannah Bhaaiya nahi, aapka meri kasam. Aab Shivaay ko maat batana, mein khud unhe bata ker sambhalungi

Khannah: Aap sahi nahi kar rhe hai Di. Aur I'm sure yeh baat Om Sir ne bhi kaha aapko. Par aap kab baat maante?

Anika: Khannah please, ek cheez maang rhi hai mein aapse

She begged him to keep the secret, but it wasn't easy getting him to agree. Anika managed it, after trying to explain her point of view.

Once she kept the call down, the doctor entered the room.

Kalpana: how are you feeling Anika, any pain?

Anika: haath mein thora hai, aur headache bhi.

Kalpana: main uske liye medications prescribe karungi. Otherwise you're free to go.

Om helped Anika stand, and picked up the bags as well. He made sure that he supported Anika in every step she took.

Kalpana: Light a candle

Just as the two were going to leave, their physician spoke to them.

Kalpana: before i had my son, I lost a baby shortly after birth. Har saal, jab uska birthday hota, mein ek candle light karti uske liye.

Anika nodded her head, and left with Om. When they reached home, he immediately led Anika to the bedroom. Bhavya and Rudra followed them and helped keep the bags away.

Om: Bhaabi aap yahi rukho, hum abhi aate

Om went out, and Bhavya followed.

Bhavya: Meine already aloo puri bana ke rakhi

Om: great, voh laake aao please

Bhavya rushed to get the meal for her sister-in-law. On the other side of the door, Rudra was ensuring Anika's comfort.

Rudra: ek aur pillow?

Anika: nahi Rudra

She took a seat on the bed as Bhavya came in with a plate of food

Bhavya: Bhaabi, meine aapka favourite aloo puri banaya. Pehli baar meine try kiya, toh batao kese laga?

Anika: mann nahi kara hai Bhavya, sorry

Bhavya: ese kese mann nahi kara? Aap mere haathon se khayein

Anika: Bhavya no

Rudra: Bhaabi, jab hume se kohi bimar ya naraz hota, aap aake humme khilaate. Jab tak hum khaate nahi, aap vaha se nahi jaati.

Bhavya: aapko kyu lagta ki hum aapko chodenge?

Bhavya forwards the morsel to her mouth and Anika smiles whilst eating it.

Bhavya: good. Aab mujhe pata ki Chutki kese nakhre bina khaati. Bilkul aap per gayi

Rudra and Bhavya both tried their best to feed Anika whilst distracting her. They told many jokes and funny stories that helped take her mind off things.

Rudra: yeh itna bada patti kyu baanda?

Rudra commented on the big bandage wrapped around her hand, which was tied in a sling.

Gauri: kyu ki doctors ko pata hai ki Di baat nahi maanti. Agar araam karne ke liye bol, toh madam poora gharr ka safai karegi

Gauri walked through the door and took the empty plate from Bhavya's hand.

Gauri: Di kuch aur?

Anika: ek cheez hai

Bhavya: kya?

Anika: poolside

Rudra helped her up, and they went to the poolside as Anika requested. Om was already there, waiting with a stand of candles. Discreetly he signalled for them to go as he brought Anika forward.

Anika: how did you know I was going to come here for this?

Om: bas ek feeling tha

Anika's left hand reached out to pick up the matchbox. When she tried to open the it she realised her hand was all bandaged up.

Om: may I?

She nodded, and let him strike the match. Quickly, he gave back the lit stick, and let Anika light a candle. Om thought to let her have some space, but he felt a grip on his wrist when he started to move ahead.

Anika: Om, Mujhe pata hai ki aap ne mere liye bohot kuch kiya, aur kaafi madat offer kiya. Thank you

Om: anything for you bhaabi

Has slipped away and let Anika reflect.

Anika: Yeh news sunke mein bohot kush hui. I started to imagine Shivaay ka reaction kese hoga. Jab sab ko pata chalega toh saare itne kush hote. Par yeh kushi, it was short lived. I'm sorry baby, tumne mere vajhe se iss duniya ko itni jaldi chodke gaye. Mere lahparwahi...

Before the tear in her eye could fall, Anika wiped it away and took a deep breath.

Anika: i just hope I have enough strength to handle this and get through it

After a while, she made her way back to her room. It took a while of staring at the ceiling before Anika found it possible to shut her eyes. Sleep was far away from her as she lay awake for hours. She was extremely restless and wasn't able to stay in a position for long. Somehow she managed to get through the night.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

600K 12.8K 43
i should've known that i'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale mattheo riddle x fem oc social media x real life lowercase intended started: 08.27...
236K 8.3K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
79.1K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
1.3M 58.2K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC