THE DEMON'S PROMISED✓

By Andrea_is_here

Formerly known as Kisses From A Demon Started: 17th, July 2020. Ended: 7th, October 2020. Aurora Russel, a hu... More

INTRODUCTION.
Prologue:
Chapter 01: Happy Twentieth Birthday
Chapter 02: Welcome to Dapphion
chapter 03: Demon's horse
Chapter 04: Pain
Chapter 05: Trainer Kenji
Chapter 06: Trainer's Kiss
Chapter 07: Escape fail
Chapter 08: Tartarus' Tears
Chapter 10: Drunk Lord
Chapter 11: Estratos
Chapter 12:Dinner Nightmare
Chapter 13: Locked
Chapter 14: The Talk
Chapter 15: The Dreams
Chapter 16: The Dance (1)
Chapter 17: The Dance (2)
Chapter 18:The Amulet
Chapter 19:Marked
Chapter 20: Reunited
Chapter 21: Visited
Chapter 22: Rejecting the mark
Chapter 23: Goodbye
Chapter 24: Almost back to Normal
Chapter 25: Dates and Confessions
Chapter 26: Isabelle's birthday
Chapter 27:Wooden home
Chapter 28: Demon-Apocalypse
Chapter 29:Demon-apocalypse (2)
Chapter 30: Queen Aurora
Chapter 31: Daria
Chapter 32: Kassandra
Chapter 33: Gone
Chapter 34: Glass Coffin
Chapter 35: Epilogue

Chapter 09: Trainer's End?

581 77 66
By Andrea_is_here

"Put on your training attire and meet me in the yard in ten," then he walks out, closing the door softly behind him. That's how it's been since I recently recovered from the poison two weeks ago.

Xanthus barely speaks any words to me, only short sentences, and seems forced, hell, we hardly eat together and he never lets me leave the room. I'm grateful he isn't paying attention to me because it gives me enough room to plan an epic escape.

After my altercation with Korina's mate I have decided Demons are creatures far from humans, they might look like us but their minds don't function the way ours do. I mean he had just met me and demanded I respected him, which leaves me to wonder how she survived with him.

Xanthus was worse as it is, but Dorian seems worse than him.

I sigh as I adjust the straps of my sports bra hissing when my fingers skims the almost gone injury on my shoulder, the gash on my stomach seems to heal faster than the one on my shoulder. The healer then explained the shoulder was more vulnerable to Demon attacks than any other part of my body.

Pulling the end of my bun so my hair is tight, I walk out the room. Even here in Dapphion, I can tell winter is fast approaching which means Christmas is just around the corner. There's barely any sun and the nights are always cold, it would soon start snowing.

A dark cloud appears in my mind, I couldn't let Christmas be without my family—it's never happened and I don't plan for it to happen now. We love Christmas and snow, Isabelle, Ernest, and I all played snow games outside.

I really do miss them.

Xanthus stands near the tree wearing black bottoms and is shirtless, my eyes take in the sight—how tight his muscles are. He might not be very muscular but he sure does give his body extra attention, the bottom hangs loosely around his slim waist exposing his V-line, and his arm muscles flex as he lights a plank.

I step closer to him, his blue eyes don't have that electric line I love seeing—instead it looks like he is trying to hide something. I can see the storm rising in his eyes and it sends a low shiver down my back.

"Can you make the weather more friendly to train?" I ask with a tint of playfulness in my tone as I rub my arms.

He barely spares me a glance as he speaks, "I'm not the weatherman."

I let out a forced laugh. "That's a really nice joke!" I clap in the process. Xanthus doesn't look impressed, he takes the plank and breaks it into two with his thigh then hands them to me.

I frown. "I don't know how to fight with two weapons."

"You'll learn to." He answers coldly, before I take a stance I feel him push my knee to the floor with his plank. I lose my balance and turn to see him behind me.

"What's that? I wasn't ready!" I argue getting up from the ground.

The demon lord shrugs, and my frown deepens as I wonder where my actual trainer is.

Where the hell is Kenji?

I try to make my weapons work by swirling them in a fast motion but instead, it pokes my neck and drops to the floor.

"Killed by your own weapon." Xanthus points out a dark flame swirling like a ring around his blue eyes.

I can tell he is really angry, and I try to think of something that I could have done to anger him as I pick up my weapon. I ditch one plank and point at it.

"Pick it,"

"No, I prefer one." He moves closer and picks me up then shoves onto my chest.

"I don't want it Xanthus," I say, throwing it across the yard, anger flashes in his eyes, his lips are pulled into a snarl and my teeth chatter at the sudden cold air that blows. "You're not the weatherman, my foot." I mumble rubbing my arms to bring some warmth, the wound on my shoulder burns a bit and I bite my lips.

"Take your stance." He commands and I spread my feet apart and then crouch a bit, I instantly regret my choice to throw the other plank away because this is too short for me.

He uses his super speed to land a jab in my waist and I wave my weapon to hit the man in front of me but he is too fast, I release a huff. "Where's Kenji?" I ask then he stops adjusting the wrist strap I didn't notice he was wearing.

He breaks the weapon, "Try to hit me." He says instead.

I raise my plank making him believe I'm going to hit him with it but instead I send a punch to his abs, he doesn't blink not even as I clutch my wrist to my chest. Instead he turns me around with the shoulder that hurts and I cry out.

"Ow! Why are you acting like—"

"Like a monster? Beast? What's the matter with Aurora? Why are you surprised at my actions? After all, I am a beast, did you think I'd be gentle with you because you're injured from something caused by you?" His voice is deep and angry near my ear and I try to release myself from his hold, I can tell he is trying not to press on my shoulder wound.

I turn to see his eyes almost turning completely dark, the iris disappearing. "Is that why you're annoyed because I disobeyed your orders?" I ask, I shake my head. "I don't need a trainer like you. Where's Kenji?" I ask again, crossing my arms over my chest but wince when my shoulder cries out in disagreement.

"Why? So you can enjoy his touch again?"

My plank drops, my mouth hangs open, I take two steps back but Xanthus pulls me closer, his eyes burning with rage, "W-what?" I croak out trying not to stare into his fiery eyes.

"It's a fucking question Aurora. You want Kenji back here to feel his touch isn't that so?" I clear my throat as I try to peel his fingers off my waist, I'm scared it would bruise and he doesn't even realize the pressure he is applying on my waist.

"That sneaky Tydeon told you." I say, he lets out a sarcastic laugh.

"Rekal knew about it?" The sky begins to turn darker and I can see his grip on his humanity slipping. He brings his face closer to mine, "Tell me Kenji forced himself on you. Tell me you didn't willingly give yourself to him!" He shouts and I tremble, shutting my eyes in the process. "I asked a fucking question!" He demanded.

I latch my fingers to his forearm to let go, "Answer me Aurora!"

"No," my voice is low, and his eyes completely go dark. There's a loud clap of thunder in the sky and I jump into his chest. Xanthus stares at me with anger and I hate to admit it but I'm scared. I can only imagine what he has done to the trainer. "Xanthus...what did you to him?"

"Wouldn't you like to know." He let go of my waist, his eyes dark as ever then proceeded to leave but I run to his front shaking my head.

"Did you kill him?" I yell in his face.

"Another demon touched my mate, what did you expect?" There's hurt in his tone that makes me finally understand why I was like that around Kenji, it was for this reason.

I wanted Xanthus hurt, I wanted him to feel pain for what he did to me. It was revenge that the poor demon had to pay for.

"I wanted confirmation from you, now that I have proof his death is going to be one of the most epic one in the supernatural world!" My eyes turn to slit at his threat and I stare into his dark abyss.

"Let him go!" Xanthus doesn't blink, instead, he looks even angrier, his jaw clenches and I see his fingers ball into fists—his knuckles are white. "You think if you kill him I'll stop there? Kenji isn't the only male in Dapphion, maybe I'll go for Korina's mate! Or possibly Ric..." before I can let out another word he roars and wraps his fingers around my neck then slams me into the tree.

The force gets a choking cough out of me, his dark eyes have deep red fire in the middle acting like a pupil and the black iris. It's the first time I'm seeing it, and it makes me regret what I say, the building tears in my eyes doesn't faze him.

"I better sharpen my sword because it seems I'll be going on a killing spree." He leans down his grip on my neck tightening as he speaks. "I'll fucking tie to you a chair and make you watch as the life slips out your partner's eyes...and just as he is about to die I'll open a portal that leads to Tartarus. You see I can take you down there with him to watch how his punishment is being delivered!"

I cough clawing at his arm. "Wait, wait. I'm sorry!" I quickly say I couldn't let Kenji suffer for something I did just to get back at the demon lord. Xanthus finally let go of my throat and I held my stomach coughing loudly. "Spare him. Please." I plead with tears in my eyes.

"Spare a man that touched my mate?" He says in disbelief. "That's never going to happen!"

"My freedom. I'll give up escaping if you spare him, I'll accept your ways. Hell, I'll be the pretty mate you want me to be!" I say, his eyes momentarily turn to blue before he turns black again.

"You're making a deal with a demon lord. You're giving up your freedom for the life of a warrior." I nod. Xanthus takes my wrist and I feel the ground shift underneath my feet.

There are iron bars around and I instantly know we're in the dungeon. "Can I speak to him for a while? Just five minutes!" Xanthus grunts before walking out a door at the top of a stairway.

My eyes instantly lock with Kenji's, "I'm sorry," his left eye has a deep purple bruise and the corner of his lips has dried up blood. "I'm so sorry." My fingers wrap around a bar and he staggers to his feet.

"For what? You didn't do shit to me."

"If I hadn't allowed you to kiss me—" I didn't know what to say, Kenji sighs then rolls his eyes.

"It takes two to tangle your highness, I knew who you were and still a pass on you so stop fucking apologizing." His words warmed my heart and I shut my eyes.

"I used you to make him angry and—"

"Don't apologize." He says raising his palm, "I knew that was what you were doing."

"Your mate will be lucky to have you." I say softly, he lets out a laugh, his gaze locked on the wall in front of him.

"You know, I found her." I perk my ears, "But she's married with three lovely kids."

"Human." I say and he nods.

"She's scheduled to die one of these days, she lived a long and wonderful life," his voice cracks so does my heart.

"You wanted Xanthus to kill you." He sends me a smile with a nod.

"I did, not because I regret leaving her for her human husband but only because it hurts so fucking much to see my mate with another man. Knowing that he makes her happy was the only thing that stopped me from snapping his weak human neck." He finally stares at me. "It hurts Aurora to see your mate with someone else.  You should stop playing around with what you have."

"I hope you heal someday." I whisper before leaving.

꧁꧂

Thanks for all the reads and votes.

Have a nice day\Night! 🖤🖤🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 42.6K 48
1st in hell as of June 23 2018 & July 2 2020 1st in demon as of August 24 2018 1st in forever as of June 12 2019 1st in fantasy-romance as of June 2...
340K 15K 84
Now Complete! *** It begins with sultry dreams, a shadowed apparition relentlessly seeking the sweet heat of her body no matter how Sable resists. Po...
335 38 18
Sun and moon, midnight and noon. One cannot be without the other. Cecelia begins her new life with hopes and dreams for the future until her past get...
118K 6.8K 65
{COMPLETED}(Edited) Demons, high school, love and murder. Welcome to the beginning. One summer day her life changed forever, in the dark she was rebo...