If I Were A Boy (camren)

By tbhlauren

Lauren Jauregui has had a crush on her fellow band member, Camila Cabello for a while now. Still friends, the... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Author's Note
Epilogue
Questions And Answers

Chapter Twenty-Three

56.2K 1.6K 5.3K
By tbhlauren

"Karla. I go by Karla now," Camila nodded while clearing her throat.

"Really? I mean- wow, it's great to see you," I juggled with words since I was lost in the moment. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm Trevor's teacher," she grinned and patted the small boy's head gently. 

"How did Ally not even realize-"

"Oh no; Ally knows I'm his teacher. Didn't she tell you?" Camila furrowed her eyebrows in complete confusion.

"She didn't actually," I confessed, then looking down at the bouncing four year old. "Are you ready to go, Trevor?"

"Yeah!" He shouted enthusiastically and hopped off the bench. 

"We should catch up some time, Lauren," Camila got up from her seat as well. "I really want to know how you've been after all these years."

"Only five years," I pointed out. "There's not much you can do in that time."

Camila smirked, "Still, I'd like to know. My number's the same; call me when you get a chance?"

"Of course," I lightly replied with a smile and turned away with Trevor's tiny fist engulfed softly by my hand. 

"Goodbye Trevor!" Camila called after him. "See you tomorrow!"

"Goodbye Mrs. Mahone!" Trevor squealed, waving with his other hand. 

My eyes bugged out of their sockets at the last name. The conversation I had overheard years ago was all becoming so clear to me now- Camila's dream of becoming a teacher, marrying Austin. All that was left would have to be a baby. God if she had a child, I think I would loose it! 

I hadn't realized that I had sped up my walking pace, basically dragging Trevor along with me back to the car. I needed my distance from my old friend, and I needed it bad.

*

"Why didn't you tell me that Camila was Trevor's teacher?" I shouted into the receiver of the mobile phone. 

"Jesus, Lauren! I didn't thank you would care so much," Ally spoke back through her end of the phone. "But obviously you do!"

"Yeah- no shit, honey!" I growled and started to move my separate hand through my hair in annoyance. "It's been five years, Ally. Five years where I haven't seen her face; five years of peace and quiet. I finally convinced myself to begin socializing again, and try to have a good time. When I do, the past love of my life who caused me so much pain and anger just jumps right back in!"

"Laur-"

"I've got to go," I mumbled when a knock at my door echoed throughout the house. Slipping my cell phone away, I grumpily trudged towards the entrance and swung the door open; making sure to look amused and delighted for whoever was on the other side.

A man with shaggy yet curly brown hair was positioned before me. His deep brown eyes reminded me of Camila's, and he wore a simple white t-shirt with an opened black coat. The male squinted his eyes at a slip of paper that he held in his hands before looking up; his expression changing once he saw me. 

"Are you Lauren by any chance?" He asked with a British accent tangled behind the question. "My friend recommended that I'd see you. I just moved into an apartment complex a few weeks ago and really need some help with designing."

"That's my job," I extended my palm out with a gleam. "Lauren Jauregui, at your service."

"Bradley Simpson," he shook my hand firmly. "But you can call me Brad."

"Come on in and take a seat," I shuffled away from the doorway as the newcomer entered. "Excuse the mess, I just moved in a couple of days ago."

"No sweat," he chirped and plopped down on a dusty armchair, getting himself comfortable. 

I made my way over to the circle of seats and laid back in a chair in front of him, "So, what kind of theme are you aiming for?"

"Something really plain, but almost complex at the same time. I don't want people visiting and thinking: This is way too much. I want them coming in and feeling welcomed, but also amazed at the..." Brad's voice trailed off, causing me to raise my eyebrow.

"Something wrong?"

"No, nothing's wrong- you just look really familiar," he sighed. "Have we met before?"

"I don't think so-"

"Got it!" He snapped his fingers together. "You were in that girl group that broke up years ago! Fifth Melody, was it?"

"Harmony. Fifth Harmony, but I'll give you an A for effort," I corrected the boy.

He chuckled, "My band mates and I loved your group and its music! In fact, we were suppose to go on tour with you- until we discovered you all split up."

"You're a singer?" I questioned him. 

"We were called, The Vamps," he told me. 

"Are you still singing together?" I continued, leaning forward with eagerness to learn more about my client's musical life. 

"We disbanded," Brad confessed. "And I sing solo now."

"You left your band mates to become a solo artist?" I scoffed and leaned backwards for more relaxation. "That's low."

Bradley shook his head, "Never! It was just after we separated another management called me in. I could never leave them."

"You kind of did already," I pointed out before standing up and heading to the kitchen. "Enough of this none sense- come on."

Brad and I discussed the layout of his house over a beverage; him having coffee and I having a beer. He explained all the different themes and preferences of furniture he'd like to have; from his living room to his own bedroom. After a few hours of planning, I lead my new client towards the door and showed him out.

"Thank you, Lauren," he leered at me for a while before speaking again. "So, are we seeing each other again next week?"

"I sent the directions to the corner store to your phone. While we're there, we can discuss the different options and choices," I confirmed and moved my hand out for another professional handshake.

This time, Bradley took my hand in his and brought it up to his lips; gently kissing the back of it. He let go off my body part with a smirk and then took off down the hallway. My eyes were widened in surprise because no one had ever kissed me with such care in at least five years. I shook my body out of being frozen and instantly peeked my head out in the hallway.

"Bra-" my calling for the musician stopped.

Camila Cabello was located in the center of the building's corridor, making direct eye contact with me.

"Lauren? What are you doing here?" Camila was just as shocked as I was. 

"I-I'm visiting a friend," I lied. 

"The one who just left?" Camila tilted her body an inch to get a good look of the path Brad had taken when he made his exit. 

"No. No, he was just a client," I waved the air as if I waving his ghost off. "What are you doing here? W-would you maybe like to come in?"

"I don't think it's my decision. It's your friend's place, after all," she giggled at my silly offer. "Besides, I can't. I-"

"Ready to go, Karla?" The recognizable, deep tone coughed. 

Austin slid out from a room that was diagonal from me, pulling on his suit jacket so it was adjusted to perfection. He immediately realized there was tension and so he finally laid his eyes on me. 

"Is this our new neighbor, Karla?" He blinked at me with no emotion. "We're the Mahone's, it's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," I played along. "I'm Lauren. Lauren Jauregui."

Austin pressed a smile from his chapped lips, "We will see you around, Lauren!" 

The married man snaked his arm around Camila and pulled her tightly against his hip. He waved me off before taking off down the same hallway quickly, just like Brad had done before.

*

Vero and Teddy watched my intently as I drowned down my sixth beer of day; both exchanging glances at my sputtering words. 

"Acted like he didn't even know me!" I spat while waving the half-empty glass around in empty space. "Bullshit! You know who I am Douche McAsshole!"

Teddy groaned, "Veronica. You know I was to only visit Lauren when her and Camila had babies- tons of them too!"

"Look at her," Vero gestured towards me. "She's in a bad state. Normani wanted me to make sure she was okay, and there's no way I'm ever visiting this drunkie on my own!"

"This is all your fault, Vero!" I shot up and pointed a finger in her face. "I would've never had heart problems, or ever gotten Camila so pissed at me if we hadn't played stupid Truth or Dare!"

"I think you should go to sleep, Laur," Vero sighed and got up from the couch. "Help me out here, Ted?"

"No-no," Teddy fell back into his spot with his arms draped behind his head and legs crossed. "Let's hear Drunk Lauren talk."

"Teddy!" Veronica shouted. She then turned towards me, "Come on, Lauren. It was years ago. Besides, I doubt Camila even remembers!"

"'Cause she's too focused on Austin trying to at least get an inch inside of her," I started to thrust my hips in motion as Vero gasped and Teddy covered his mouth to conceal his laughter. 

"Okay. Stop sitting there and help me!" Vero commanded Teddy who shot up. 

*

[A/N] aye yo so what's your feedback on all of this future business?? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

605K 23.8K 44
After earning a scholarship at the country's top boarding school, Y/N thinks she can change her shy, secluded, nerdy self to what she wishes she coul...
462K 11.7K 21
Camila Cabello was new. She was different from the others. She was distant. She kept to herself most of the time. One day, she met a certain green ey...
160K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...
341K 11.7K 41
Lauren Jauregui, she is a member from Fifth Harmony and she is 20 years old. She haven't dated anyone in a while, she was focused on her career and f...