Natural Instincts - Jared Cam...

By bblibby

[MATURE content] The unknowingly supernatural 17y/o Juliet Bo moves from Miami to the border of Forks and La... More

.CHARACTERS.
.zero.
.one.
.two.
.three.
.four.
.five.
.six.
.seven.
.eight.
.nine.
.ten.
.eleven.
.twelve.
.thirteen.
.fourteen.
.fifteen.
.sixteen.
.seventeen.
.eighteen.
.nineteen.
.twenty.
.twenty one.
.twenty two.
.twenty three.
.twenty four.
.twenty five.
.twenty six.*
.twenty seven.
.twenty eight.
.twenty nine.
.thirty.
.thirty one.
.thirty three.
.thirty four.
.thirty five.
.thirty six.
.thirty seven.
.thirty eight.
epilogue
!!! IMPORTANT !!!

.thirty two.

2.4K 55 15
By bblibby

Since Elliot's death, time had been going way to quickly for my liking. All of a sudden, it was Christmas Eve, and we were spending it at my house with both the Cullens, the pack, and of course my father.

They were all worried about me. 

Jared had to practically force me to go back to the nest once we got home from the funeral because my magic was so depleted and I was so exhausted. That's what I get for literally giving away every ounce of positive emotion I had left to make sure that his family would be okay.

I had been getting better overtime, but there was no way to replace Elliot. 

Pia had been spending her time travelling the world and even stopped past Washington before she went home for Christmas so she could visit. 

On the outside I was fine, I was coping. But on the inside I felt immense guilt. I had began asking myself if there was any way I could have used my magic to change the outcome, reverse time, and became somewhat obsessed with researching the possibility. 

I visited the nest about once a week on average, and every time I did, I checked if anyone had any updates on reversing death. 

Nothing.

Even fays couldn't do such dark things for the purpose of it messing with the balance of everything.

Little things from within the nest as well as my family and friends were helping me cope. Like last week, I was sitting around telling the children about Christmas and what it means. I told them it was a time for giving, we all spent time with our family etc. and they loved the idea.

Little Dove even gave me a scroll today when I visited, telling me to put it under my tree from her. 

I had grown to love each and every member of the community, and they welcomed me so warmly, the children looking up to me and living for my stories of the nest.

When I had introduced the pack to them, they had fallen in love with Emily who insisted that we brought them human muffins seeing as she couldn't come with us. The children spent the day crawling all over Paul and Sam, marvelling at their sheer size, and Seth had found himself getting a lesson on hair braiding while Quil, Embry and Jake were giving piggy back rides. 

My world was complete, and yet I still felt like a massive part was missing since Elliot had gone.

He visited me in my dreams often, telling me to move on, forgive myself, forget. But I couldn't. Not completely.

I had excused myself from the hot chocolate drinking and cuddling in the living room and made my way out into the backyard to get a second alone, grateful for my family and friends allowing me some time without questioning it or worrying too much.

I felt guilty having fun now. I know that was wrong, but it's how I felt. 

If only I could use my emotion power on myself sometimes.

I found myself looking up at the stars and enjoying being outside, when my father's voice sounded from behind me. "Juliet? Can you come inside for a minute?" 

I turned around and saw him, felt his nervousness. "What for?" I asked, not wanting to commit to an answer yet.

He shifted on his feet. "There's someone I'd like you to meet."

I raised my eyebrow. What? Don't tell me he's met someone...

I walked back inside, passing the pack and the Cullens (minus Edward and Bella who were on their honey moon), who had looks on their faces that symbolised I wouldn't be happy, or they were concerned as to what would happen next. I shared a look with Alice, trying to read her mind for a hint of what was happening, before my father stood before me in the living room with a woman beside him.

"Juliet, this is Sasha. Sasha, my daughter Juliet."

My eyes widened when I looked down to see his arm around this woman's waist. Not to mention she was in my house on Christmas Eve of all days, the picture was forming quite quickly.

I said nothing, my jaw opening slightly. 

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Juliet. Your father has told me so much about you." the woman spoke. Her voice was smooth, sultry. Her clothes were expensive, and her pearls stood out on olive skin. Her perfume was far too heavy, her hair dark and dead boring straight like her personality seemed to be, and she looked about ten years younger than my dad.

I didn't like the bitch.

The woman made a step forward with her arms out. "Gosh Derek, she's even more beautiful than the pic-...tures..." she paused when I swerved her hug and covered it up awkwardly with a handshake.

Behind me, the room was silent except for Embry who snorted a laugh at me rejecting the embrace, and someone slapping him silent.

"Juliet, I've wanted to introduce you to Sash for some time." Ugh, he had a nickname for her. "She means a lot to me, I'd really like it if you two got along."

The woman stared down at me with her red claws around my dad's chest as if he belonged to her. I could have sworn I saw her smirk in victory.

That's the game you wanna play? Done, hoe. I could replay Parent Trap in my mind from memory.

"Oh wow I've always wanted a sister! You didn't even tell me you were looking into adoption, dad! This is gonna be so fun!" I said over the top excitedly to portray my excitement.

Paul, Embry and Quil spat out their hot chocolate in amusement but were quickly hushed once again.

Dad and 'Sash' shared a look. "Uh no honey, that's not-"

"Will she be going to school with me too? I can help catch you up with all your classes." 

I was enjoying my game. I left them speechless and skipped over to my friends, leaving the two to stutter on their next words. The room was highly amused, but certain figures like Carlisle and Emily also worried I would take it too far.

"Juliet, Sash isn't going to school. She works with me. And she's my girlfriend."

His words made my head snap up and I stared at Jared, almost begging for him to light the house on fire so I could get out of here.

"Oh." I mumbled. 

Everyone was silent as the dynamic worked itself out, Paul low-key terrified of me in this moment as he knew how passionate I could get when I was pissed, having been the brunt of my rants and rage more times than I'd like to admit.

"Well then you better come and sit down." I offered, my dad sighing with relief and Sasha seeming to relax at my invitation, but the pack and Cullens knowing me better. 

I was only getting started.

Sasha sat opposite me, both of us on the floor around a coffee table, me in between Jared's legs. Dad took a spot beside her but on a chair. 

I called for Mintie to come and sit on my lap, giggling as he sneezed at her overpowering, designer imposter perfume, before growling at the stranger.

"Good boy," I whispered as I pulled him onto my lap.

She eyed him with distaste. "What's wrong, Sash? Don't like dogs?" I questioned.

"Not particularly, no." she hissed, some of the guys laughing but Paul growling lowly, virtually silently. 

"That's so funny. They say dogs can totally sniff out bad eggs, did you know that?" 

She didn't respond, glaring at me and sending the most venomous sarcastic smile my way I'd ever seen. If I didn't hate the bitch I'd almost be proud of it.

"I'm really glad you're here. It's nice to be able to celebrate Christmas altogether." I began, noticing everyone's confusion at my sudden acceptance. 

"It was my mom's favourite holiday, in fact. Would you like to see a picture of her?" I snapped, emphasising the 'mom'.

My dad warned me under his breath. "Juliet, easy." 

"What's wrong, dad? You're the one who taught me to make peace with her memory, to not be shy to bring her up. You said that about Elliot too, he was supposed to be here tonight as well. But it's ok, don't worry guys! My mother and Elliot aren't needed anymore, we have Sash instead." I hissed, not bothering to hide my sarcasm anymore.

Jared placed a cooling hand on my shoulder, attempting to get me to back off slightly.

Dad looked down at his girlfriend sending her sympathetic eyes and she somehow kept her cool.

"Maybe I should get going-" she began.

"No, Sash don't. My daughter needs to lose her attitude and be okay with this." he spoke, eyeing me pointedly and sending warnings.

I responded with a fake surrender, pretending to be scared of him but deciding to drop it only because I couldn't be bothered interacting with trash.

Carlisle and Esme picked up conversation with the stranger in my home allowing Jared to lean down to my ear and whisper.

"I am so freaking in love with you right now and also very scared of you in a great way, but babe maybe take it down a notch. Give her a chance." 

I knew he was right, smirking slightly at the fact he totally supported it.

"But she's wearing a string bow tie, Jared. A string bow tie!" I whisper yelled back, the pack finding this way funnier than they should.

"I know, princess. But think of your dad. Does he look happy?" 

Begrudgingly, I looked to my father and silently hated the fact Jared was right.

"She's not my mom." 

He sighed, understanding. 

Emily sat forward to join in our whisper party. "Everybody knows that. She isn't supposed to replace your mother, but she clearly makes him some kind of happy, right?" 

I took a deep sour breath, knowing that I would come around eventually but for now, it was too soon. Fuck that bitch in her string bow tie and dumpy hair and pearls.

We got on with Christmas Eve, drinking cocoa and keeping warm with each other's hugs.

When suddenly, the pack's ears all pricked up and they heard something out the window. Their heads all snapped toward the glass, before looking to each other and silently discussing the best and least suspicious way to do this.

Sam, Paul and Seth ended up going, leaving the rest here. They rose in a split second and went plummeting through the front door rather over-dramatically if you ask me.

The humans raised their eyebrows confused, looking at us for answers. 

"They had some stupid bet going, they're racing." Emily covered, explaining with the least details possible, clearly used to covering for Sam. 

"Right..." Sasha trailed off. Pft, she thought that was as weird as it got around here? I give her a week.

Jared tapped me on the shoulder. "Hey, let's go and open the scroll Dove gave you." he suggested while dad and the idiot were busy.

She had told me that knowing her work would be with me was a massive honour when she gave it to me. She seemed nervous but excited, and told me that she couldn't wait to hear what I thought.

The scroll was the same as the art I had seen her do when I met her. It was parchment rolled up and I could see little paint splashes on the back where she had dripped. It was wrapped in a little gold ribbon and smelled like cinnamon.

"Open it." Jared said as I looked at it lovingly already.

Following his instructions, I removed the bow and unfolded the paper, both Jared and I gasping at the sight.

Little Dove had spent god knows how much time on this.

She had painted a gorgeous portrait that was so lifelike, of Jared in his wolf form from memory, with me laying beside him lovingly, sitting in an open forest exactly like we always do.

"Oh my god this is amazing," I breathed, in awe of her talent and generosity. I was so humbled to know she had taken the time to do this, not to mention her level of detail after barely meeting us both a few times. She had noticed things like my emerald bracelet, Jared's wolf fur, my circlet, and even managed to get a piece of the nest in there with the butterflies.

Jared was speechless at the sight. "This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." he managed.

We discretely showed the pack, and they were all amazed at the sight of Dove's talent. We had agreed she needed to be recognised for her talents and decided to take it upon ourselves to make that happen.

"I wish I could hang this up." I said sadly, knowing it was too suspicious to have in my room.

Jared kissed me on the head. "One day you'll be able to. In our home."

His words made my stomach drop and heart skip a beat. I knew deep down I would end up with Jared, that was obvious. But whenever we discussed plans and details like this, mentioning the future specifically, the effect on me was profound and it sent my heart into flutters, making me feel things I never thought I could.

"I can't wait." I whispered back, kissing him softly and accepting his love as always.

"Merry Christmas my love." he said against my lips, holding my tightly.

"Merry Christmas, Jay. I love you."

Sam burst through the door once again, catching everyone's attention. "Uhh we gotta go." he puffed, everyone on edge and cautious about how to proceed.

"My mom planned something for the group, she wants us back in five minutes or she'll ground Leah and I." Seth saved, prompting my father to laugh and everyone to excuse them. 

Jared sent me a worried look. "Please be safe," I whispered.

"Always. I'll keep you posted." he said as they ran out the door calling thanks to my father.

That left me, Sasha, my dad and the Cullens. 

I was thankful that my dad and Sasha had retired to the kitchen table, giving me space with the Cullens. I slumped on the couch worriedly. 

"If only Edward were here to tell us what that was about. I  didn't think to listen to their thoughts in time," I explained.

Jasper put a hand on my shoulder. "I wouldn't worry, Jules. We'd be alerted if it was a vampire problem or anything that they needed extra hands for."

"Exactly, it was probably just a tribe thing." Alice added.

I nodded, agreeing it wasn't something to worry about.

"Hey when do Bella and Edward come back anyway?" I asked. Right as the words left my mouth, Alice's face unfocused as she was clearly having a vision. 

Jasper held her hand comfortingly while we waited it out.

I looked to Carlisle who seemed concerned already.

"Oh god..." Alice said as she came back to life.

"What? What's going on?" I interrupted. 

She wasted no time in getting out her phone and calling Bella.

"Bella? Are you alright?" she asked instantly. 

A second later, the phone was handed to Carlisle, who stood in a worry, terrified look on his face. "We have to go." he spoke lowly to his family. Alice managed to say goodbye on behalf of the family to my father, thanking him for the night, before they all scurried out the door. 

Carlisle waited back a second. "I don't know for sure yet, but we may need your help soon. No, this isn't related to the pack taking off." he explained worriedly.

I nodded. "Of course, whatever you need. Go, do what you need to do."

And just like that, I found myself alone in a house with my father and his new 12 year old girlfriend. 

"Juliet, come watch a movie with us?" Dad offered. 

"I'm really tired actually. Enjoy." I said, deciding against too much venom, before making my way up the stairs and waiting for Jared's call to tell me he was okay. I would wait all night but I refused to sleep until I knew more.

Merry Christmas to me.

AN // We have a new step mommy in town! Also what do we think of Dove's painting (excuse my poor photoshop skills). And we are entering Breaking Dawn territory! 

What do you think happened to the pack?

PS) I saw this on Twitter and had to show someone so I'm putting it here. Love Embry and Quil's bromance more than anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.6K 1.1K 15
After having lost her father, her uncle going back to Florida, accidentally killed a young teenage girl and having triggered the werewolf curse, but...
419K 8.4K 58
Moved from Quotev!! This is my very first official story that I ever wrote! I felt like it was being neglected and I should move it here so all you w...
818K 20.2K 77
⚠️Warning⚠️ Smut in this Book!- Description of sexual activity, body parts, Inappropriate language, gif that show Semi sexual activity. As well as ot...
403K 14.6K 37
「𝗨𝗡𝗨𝗦𝗨𝗔𝗟」❝ Wolves? So, what are the chances of there being Vampires?❞ ▪︎ Synopsis ▪︎ Juliet Michael and Embry Call had met each other during s...