Harry Potter: Heart Of A Myst...

By WinterWolf-99

Sirius Black is the father of all godfathers and he will do anything to prove it. He knows that his godson ne... More

Chapter One: The Nature Mage
Chapter Three: Crashing An Order Meeting
Chapter Four: Picking Up Harry
Chapter Five: Harry Arrives
Chapter Six: Forming A Plan
Chapter Seven: Godfather-Godson Bonding
Chapter Eight: Heart Of... No... Flower Of Gold
Chapter Nine: Setting The Plan In Motion
Chapter Ten: I Hate Politics
Chapter Eleven: Olivia Showing Who Is Boss
Chapter Twelve: First Sign Of Powers
Chapter Thirteen: Change Of Weather
Chapter Fourteen: Birthday Blow Up
Chapter Fifteen: A True Friend
Chapter Sixteen: Preparing To Leave
Chapter Seventeen: We're Going On A Trip
Chapter Eighteen: A Lesson On Mystic Souls
Chapter Nineteen: Arriving At Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty: Touring Crystal Rose
Chapter Twenty-One: Mystic Souls Aplenty
Chapter Twenty-Two: New School New Houses
Chapter Twenty-Three: Every Rose Has Its Thorns
Chapter Twenty-Four: Do Not Mess With A Rose
Chapter Twenty-Five: Legacies
Chapter Twenty-Six: Some Sirius Progress
Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Storm Is Coming
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Once Is A Coincidence, Twice Is Magic
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Unblocking The Block
Chapter Thirty: Breaking The Block
Chapter Thirty-One: The Start of Something New
Chapter Thirty-Two: What Else Can I Do
Chapter Thirty-Three: Control The Storm
Chapter Thirty-Four: First Real Day As Crystal Rose Students
Chapter Thirty-Five: Light And Dark Debate
Chapter Thirty-Six: How A Mystic Fights
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Olivia Is The Best Lawyer Ever
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Padfoot & Boreas
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Dealing With The Bumblebee
Chapter Forty: Potion Commotion
Chapter Forty-One: Cutting The Strings
Chapter Forty-Two: No Apologies
Chapter Forty-Three: Creature Feature
Chapter Forty-Four: Order of the Fried Chickens
Chapter Forty-Five: A New Teacher And Friend
Chapter Forty-Six: Mystic Spark
Chapter Forty-Seven: Might Of A Hurricane
Chapter Forty-Eight: Power of the Mind
Chapter Forty-Nine: All Hallows' Eve Introduction
Chapter Fifty: A Sacred Sabbat
Chapter Fifty-One: Reunion
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Attack
Chapter Fifty-Three: Never Mess With Crystal Rose
Chapter Fifty-Four: Olivia Rocks The Court
Chapter Fifty-Five: Heart of the Storm
Chapter Fifty-Six: A Sirius Confrontation

Chapter Two: Some Sirius Thoughts

10.9K 317 144
By WinterWolf-99

Sirius was trying everything he could to help Harry. His correspondents with Krinos had left him with some hope that he could do something. He learned a lot more about the mystic soul community as he talked with him with more letters and secret meetings. Not to mention all the books they sent him. 

He was never able to learn much about being a mystic soul beyond controlling his own powers. James, Lily, and Remus had fully accepted him, as did a few others he told, but there was no information about mystic souls anywhere in the Hogwarts or Black Family libraries. It seemed that magical Britain really did not want its citizens to learn anything about their fellow magical beings.

But being a mystic soul actually sounded amazing from what he read and what he was told. They had a deeper connection to magic and themselves, not to mention their families and each other. Krinos certainly had a very obvious connection to nature.

Mystic soul communities were certainly different from those that use wands. For starters, while they had a ministry of their own, it was known as the Magic Council. It was the same for every other mystic soul community in the world and not just in Greece. They're run by twelve elected officials, representing the twelve Olympian gods. They run the higher up levels of magical Greece, including how well the schools are doing and the safety of the students. The other parts of the government are run by the department heads at the Council's headquarters or by the Theós and Theá of the more powerful Greek families.

It was from one of Krinos' letters that he learned that Olivia, his cousin, was the most recent member of their council. The Magic Council is the main form of government in magical Greece. Olivia Gardna is the cousin of the Krinos and Melody. The daughter of the sister of Jax Gardna. She is a user of time magic, making her the biggest history buff in the world. She prided herself on being a well-knowledged girl that cares about her home.

And if he was being honest with himself, he thought Krinos would make a much better friend to his godson than either Ron or Hermione. Krinos seemed caring, empathetic, and he had learned that the Gardna family was known for being protective over their loved ones. Krinos also loved to talk about the friends that he's had for years, so he was obviously also very loyal. Olivia had to be the one to tell him how Krinos was top of his class every year at his school, so Krinos was also very humble about how smart he is. He was everything that Ron and Hermione weren't.

When the Weasleys and Hermione had first been moved into Grimmauld Place, Sirius had to stop himself from kicking them out right then and there. But that was really only because Dumbledore had moved then into his house without his permission. The desire to kick them out only grew the longer they spent in his house.

Mrs.Weasley had immediately started ordering everyone around as if they were still at the Burrow, where she was obviously in charge. And even as useless as Kreacher was, even Sirius noticed how annoyed and angry the house-elf was when the redhead mother started doing all the cooking and was ordering everyone she could to clean the house. As dirty that he knew his house was, Sirius was pissed at how she thought that she was in control of what rooms she could go into and what she could throw away. She even tried to throw away, what she called, "an ugly vase that is the biggest eyesore I have ever seen" when in reality, it was the sealed vase that held the ashes of Sirius's uncles. But it had been one of his favorite uncles that had not been as psycho as the rest of his family.

That was the worst of her offenses, but Sirius had to stop her multiple times from throwing away things she saw as useless junk but were actually priceless family heirlooms. Kreacher had been watching her like a hawk to keep her away from other heirlooms in the house. Plus, it was like she was not even a witch considering how clueless she seemed at identifying cursed objects. Sirius was getting tired of saving her and all the kids whenever they almost activated one of the objects. Like when Ginny tried on a robe she thought looked pretty and the robe tried to strangle her.

And that brought him to his complaints about the kids. Fred and George were probably the most well-behaved out of all of them. But Sirius did have a soft spot for them considering how Harry seemed very fond of them and that they were pranksters. It also helped that they actually seemed concerned about Harry's home life while no one else seemed to be.

Ron was definitely a person that Sirius did not think was a good friend for his godson. He will let Harry make his own choices, but that does not mean he can have his own feelings. To him, Ron was nothing but a lazy, jealous, bully that hated anyone that so much as looked like they had something he wanted. Mostly it was just money. But Ron, as well as his mother and sister but mostly Ron, also had an extreme hatred of anything Slytherin or anything else even remotely dark. Ron had found one of his brother, Regulus, old Slytherin robes from when he was in Hogwarts in an old closet and he had actually thrown them in the fireplace, saying that the world would be better without Slytherins in it. It was basically the views of Death Eaters but in reverse.

Plus, Ron did not seem to have any type of work ethic at all. His mother may have him do chores, but that was the only thing she made him do. He knew that Fred and George had been selling their pranks to earn money and they also told him how their brothers Bill, Charlie, and Percy all got jobs almost right out of Hogwarts. Ron, on the other hand, did not even seem to want to ever work at all. Whenever he wanted anything, he would demand it from his mum. Very bratty behavior was not fit for a fifteen-year-old boy.

Brat was certainly how he would describe Ginny. The girl that her mother doted on so much that she was basically under the delusion that she would get whatever she wanted simply because she wanted it. Sirius had caught her multiple times trying to get into his mother's room or his father's study, probably looking for any of the Black family jewelry that might have been left there. The joke was on her, though, because Sirius had Kreacher remove all the jewelry from the house and into the Black family vault before they even entered the house. And it was obvious to Sirius how she seemed to look down at everyone around her. Probably because of how her mother seemed to treat her like a princess, making her believe that she was actually better than everyone else. It didn't help when they first got here, the twins got a bigger room because there were two of them, but Ginny whined to her mother about how small her room was. So Mrs.Weasley forced the twins and her to switch rooms, even if Ginny did now have to share with Hermione. And Sirius was seriously thinking of putting the Drought of the Living Dead in her pumpkin juice if she did not stop complaining about everything.

Ginny also seemed to have a very unhealthy obsession with Harry. When she had forced the room switch with the twins, Sirius had a talk with the two when he went to secretly expand their room with a Space Expansion Charm. They told him how even before she even met him the summer before his second year, she would talk almost non-stop about him. She had the entire collection of Harry Potter Adventure books, even though all of them were fiction in reality, and had read all of them over two dozen times each. Sirius knew that she was a stalker just waiting to happen. He would have to talk with Harry about her when he finally gets to Number 12. If he said he was uncomfortable with her, he would help him stay away from her.

And this leads to his feelings about Hermione. In Sirius's opinion, she was worse than the two youngest Weasleys. If Mrs.Weasley believed that she was the boss in every household she stayed in, Hermione believed that she was the boss in life. There wasn't a day that went by when she was shoving her opinion in someone's face and trying to make them believe it too. She just didn't seem to care if people had different opinions as her. She actually believed that she knew best in everything, no matter what the subject. Whether it was about house-elves, the old ways, magic holidays, and basically anything that she sees as "purebloods hoarding knowledge." He was sure that if she had her way, even private family grimoires would be placed in public magic libraries. He knew that she had tried over a dozen times to break into the Black Family Library that was in the house. She was the main reason he placed wards to keep everyone out of it. Plus, no telling what kind of damage Dumbledore and Mrs.Weasley would do if they saw any books that they deemed 'dark' in the library.

She also seemed to actually believe that she was the smartest person in the room, no matter who was in it. Unless Dumbledore was in the room because she seemed to worship authority figures as if they were actual gods. He half expects to find a shrine to Dumbledore in her room if he ever goes in there after they all leave. If anyone tries to correct her to say something that she had not known about before, she will argue you them the around about why they were wrong or say that whatever she didn't know was fake or made-up simply because she didn't know anything about it. But Sirius knew that just because she can memorize what was in books does not mean she is actually as smart as she believes she is.

What probably annoyed him the most was the other thing that happened when they had all moved into his house. Dumbledore had taken him, Ron, and Hermione aside. He ordered them not to communicate with Harry at all. He says they need to give Harry time to heal after the trauma he went through at the graveyard as well as saying their letters could be intercepted.

Sirius thought that was a load of hippogriff dung and had told Dumbledore just that. He had argued for almost three hours with the old man until he just gave up and decided to secretly find another way to send letters to Harry without using an owl. They did, but no way was he ever going to try and tell anyone else since his house was crawling with so many people that almost seem to worship Dumbledore as a god.

But he had noticed that while he argued with the old man, both of his godson's supposed best friends had agreed right away. Neither of them tried to argue for their "best friend" at all. It was like they didn't care about him at all.

Fred and George certainly did. Sirius may not have told them about how he was sending letters, but they once walked into the room right as he was giving Dobby a letter to give to Harry. But instead of telling their mum or Dumbledore, they asked if they could use the elf to send their own letters as well. That was enough to tell Sirius that they were true friends of his godson.

But currently, Sirius had a plan. Another meeting of the Order of the Phoenix was about to start and he had made a plan with Krinos to finally get things moving.

Sirius had constantly been telling the Greeks how frustrated he was that the Order was basically doing nothing against Voldemort. All they did was keep an eye on known Death Eaters that had bribed their way out of prison and guarding something in the ministry that Dumbledore still would not tell them what it was. He was going to get them killed if he kept keeping all the important information to himself.

But from the meetings, he also knew which of the Order to trust and who not to. Being a Black made him a little paranoid, but his parents had basically slammed lessons of learning who to trust into him and his brother's heads growing up.

His cousin Andromeda's daughter, Nymphadora, seemed just as firmly up Dumbledore's butt as ao many others, so sadly he could not trust her. But her Auror supervisor, Kingsley Shacklebolt, was obviously a very loyal and smart man that looked just as annoyed with Dumbledore as he was about all the information he kept to himself. Sirius sadly could also not trust his own mentor when he had been an Auror, Mad-Eye Moody, because he never took anyone's side other than Dumbledore's. It seemed that was true for the other Aurors in the room, Emmaline Vance and Hestia Jones. Kingsley was the only one that seemed to have a mind of his own.

Other members of the Order that seemed to be trustworthy were the eldest Weasley boys, Bill and Charlie. They were not at as many meetings as others because of their jobs but when they were there, they always questioned why more was not being done. Their mother always silenced them when they tried.

Arthur Weasley, the patriarch of the clan, would be trustworthy if he ever learned to stand up to his wife and not let her control every aspect of his life that was not his job or his obsession with muggles.

Order members like Dedalus Diggle and Elphias Doge were two others that also seemed to think the sun shined out of Dumbledore's butt. And Mundungus Fletcher was nothing but a thief that should have been thrown into Azkaban a long time ago with how much he had stolen. Especially since a lot of it was not legal to have that he had stolen from some type of black market for magical goods.

Sirius did not really know what to make out of Hagrid or his old head of house, McGonagall. Hagrid was always on Dumbledore's side, but at the same time, he was also probably one of the people that cared most about Harry. And he could not blame Hagrid for being loyal to Dumbledore since the man hired him as a groundskeeper and currently the Care of Magical Creatures teacher. Hardly anyone else would even think to hire someone not only expelled from Hogwarts but someone that is also half-giant.

And McGonagall certainly had her own mind and always made it known how she felt about certain things. But even with all that, she still would always end up agreeing with Dumbledore no matter what it was. Sirius also noticed how she seemed to like to place everything and everyone into neat little boxes for her to categorize. Like to her, Gryffindors always needed to be reckless and brave child soldiers, Ravenclaws needed to be know-it-all bookworms that saw books as gospel, Hufflepuffs needed to fade into the background, and Slytherins needed to be cold-hearted politicians and Death Eaters in training.

If it came down to it, Sirius would trust Hagrid a lot more than he would trust McGonagall.

That leads him to the Order member that he trusted the least and he would gladly roast a marshmallow over him if he was on fire. Severus Snape. Harry had already told him about Snape's abusive tendencies in class toward him, Neville, and basically anyone not in Slytherin. How he took points for breathing too loudly from other houses but gave points to Slytherin's for being on time to class. Sirius also doubted that Snape was actually on their side. Dumbledore may say he needs to act the way he does because he is a spy, but Snape hardly ever had anything to say during meetings. Almost everyone thought that he was giving Voldemort more information than he was giving the Order, but they would hardly ever voice it since Dumbledore would always say how he trusts Snape with his life. And with most stuck up Dumbledore's butt, they believed him or just didn't argue any further. Every time Snape would insult Harry whenever he was brought up in a meeting, Sirius had to force himself not to use the house wards to kick him out onto the street.

But tonight's meeting was going to be different. They were actually going to get something done whether Dumbledore wanted it to be done or not. He took Krinos's suggestion of sending Olivia over very seriously. The time mage was going to arrive in the middle of the Order meeting and slap as much sense as she possibly could into Dumbledore's sheep.

Plus, this was going to also start to get the ball rolling with Sirius's plan of helping his godson get the block on his magic broken. And call him a little selfish, but he wanted to know what type of mystic soul powers Harry had.

The Order sat in the kitchen of Number 12. Once again, Dumbledore was going on and on about needing to guard that thing in the ministry that Voldemort wants, yet still does not tell any of them what it is. Sirius could swear that he saw Kinglsey's eye twitch in annoyance when the headmaster did not tell them anything once again. But once Olivia got here, things were finally going to get done around here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.6K 98
❝my papa always told me that you can't trust anybody, no matter what.❞ ❝why would he say that?❞ ❝his own love betrayed their best friends and the fam...
6.6K 436 21
A young boy eager to break tradition. Another just wanting to be loved. What happens when, not only their paths cross, but become one?
526 56 22
My name is Victoria Rose Black. My father is Sirius Black, yes, the murder. When I was 3 he was arrested and thrown into Azkaban, after the murder of...
204K 5.1K 59
When the Marauders, Lily and their rival, Severus come in contact with a cauldron that sends them to the future, hell brakes loose! Sirius Black is o...