Knight Wolf and Little Robin...

By grimreaperbarbie

Batman, Robin, and Knight Wolf... it had been that way for years. That is until Dick Grayson left in the nigh... More

Part One: The Rise
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE, DO NOT SKIP
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Author's Note (Don't Skip)
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Part 2: The Fall
Prologue (5 years ago)
Chapter 1.2
Chapter 2.2

Chapter 53

7.7K 277 127
By grimreaperbarbie

Blair sat in the backseat of the cab with Dick, laughing uncontrollably as they followed his car's GPS tracker. They had left the convent, leaving Rachel in the care of the nuns from her childhood, chasing after Kory and Dick's missing car. At least this time they knew where Rachel was and knew she would be safe.

"It's not funny." Dick muttered, staring at the blinking GPS on his phone. Blair continued laughing as he lifting his head to give her an annoyed look. "It's not!"

"Oh yes it is." Blair grinned, wiping a tear from her eye. "That poor Porsche always gets stolen."

Dick rolled his eyes, looking back down at the GPS before giving their driver directions again, "Turn here."

Blair took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down as she looked out the window to study the area they were driving through. Much like the drive to the convent, there was really nothing to see.

"Are you done laughing?" Dick asked when she turned to face the front. She glanced over at him for a few seconds before bursting out into giggles again. He shook his head, looking up at the roof of the car, "Right. Real nice, Blair."

"You stole it first, now someone stole it from you... it's poetic." She laughed quietly, flashing him an amused grin.

"A poetic pain in the ass." He mumbled, looking at the GPS again. "Stop here!"

Blair looked out the window as the taxi rolled to a stop, letting out a snort, "A storage facility? Oh, this just keeps getting better."

Dick jumped out of the car, Blair handing the driver a twenty dollar bill before doing the same. She hurried to catch up with him, falling into stride next to him as they walked through the facility, looking for the Porsche. "Okay, but what if the car is like the elder wand? Someone always has to steal it."

"And what do they get when they take it then?" Dick snorted at the Harry Potter reference, looking down a corridor lined with closed storage units.

"A cool ride?" She shrugged. "What else do they need?"

They walked past a few more empty corridors before Dick stopped, Blair slamming into him due to her looking elsewhere. She was about to start complaining until she saw him staring down the corridor... at his stolen Porsche.

The speed at which Dick walked to get to his car rivaled that of Barry Allen's, Blair fast on his heels, "Relax! You are way too attached to this car!"

"Hey!" Dick exclaimed, stopping in front of an open storage unit. Blair looked inside to see Kory studying a wall of research in the far back, behind what appeared to be a purple tanning bed. She turned around at the sound of Dick's voice, her eyes wide in surprise. "You stole my car! I like my car!"

"Enough to have stolen it first." Blair muttered, shaking her head.

Kory started walking toward them, "How did you find me?"

"There's an app for that." Dick held up his phone before putting it back in his pocket. Blair started walking around the small unit, looking at the different items on shelves and on the floor. Dick took a step into the area, looking around, "This place yours?"

Kory nodded, "I think so."

Blair walked over to the corner, seeing the wall plastered with pictures of Rachel through different times of her life alongside multiple writings in languages she had never seen before. She turned around, pointing at the wall, "Uhh, Dick?"

Dick walked past Kory, coming to a stop next to Blair, staring up at the wall, "How long have you been looking for Rachel?"

"A few months, I thought." Kory responded, also studying the pictures on the wall.

Dick looked over at her in disbelief before turning back to face the wall, "Seems like a lot longer than a few months."

"You think?" Kory sighed in frustration, shaking her head as Dick started to take pictures with his phone. Blair felt bad for her, realizing that most of the things on the walls, though they were hers, were just as foreign and confusing to her as they were to the rest of them.

"What's the tanning bed doing in here?" She asked, running her hand on the top of it. "If that's what it even is."

Kory looked over at her, shrugging her shoulders, "Your guess is as good as mine."

"These yours too?" Dick asked, lowering his phone to study the papers more closely. "What's that writing?"

Kory looked at the writing, speaking in a language Blair had never heard before. Dick glanced over at her in confusion, before turning back to Kory, "What does that mean?"

"I have no idea." Kory sighed, dropping her hand at her side.

Dick glanced at Blair again, crossing his arms as he studied Kory carefully, "Where did you say you were from again?"

"I didn't."

"Maybe you're an alien." Blair said suddenly, wondering why the idea hadn't occurred to her before. Kara had told her about different instances in which aliens had come to Earth for any number of reasons, only to end up with some sort of amnesia blocking the traumatic experience. It still didn't explain the obsession with Rachel, but it was a start.

Dick and Kory stared at her in confusion, Dick shaking his head in amusement as Kory crossed her arms, "What?"

"I mean, the language those papers are written in, this tanning bed looking thing..." She shrugged, studying the purple contraption before looking back up at them. "It's possible."

"That I'm an alien?" Kory raised an eyebrow before rubbing her temples with her fingers as she thought about it.

"Hey, I don't have anything against aliens. One of my best friends is an alien." Blair assured her brightly. "Wish I was an alien sometimes."

Dick looked over at her in amusement, failing to hide a smile, "You're weird enough as it is."

Blair stuck her tongue out at him, walking over to one of the shelves where more papers were stacked haphazardly in piles. She picked up a stack, flipping through at least a dozen sketches and research on ravens that didn't make it to the wall.

"What's with the bird obsession?" She asked, raising a sketch for Dick and Kory to see. "Read the Raven Cycle and wanted to know more about Chainsaw?"

"Weirdo." Dick muttered under his breath, flashing an innocent smile her way when she threw a glare in his direction.

Kory shook her head, pointing to her own section of raven themed research on the wall, "Raven is the first species of bird to be mentioned in the Torah."

"A man came after Rachel." Dick snapped his fingers in realization, closing the folder in his hands. "He had a raven tattoo on his back."

"Are you kidding me?" Blair organized the papers in her hands, setting them back on the shelf, grabbing a notebook nearby. "Is there a raven worshipping cult that kidnaps kids that somehow managed to fly under our radar?"

Kory's expression grew thoughtful as she flipped through a packet in her hand. She stopped flipping the pages when she found what she was looking for. "Rachel's birthday... the mortality rate spikes every year on that day. Ever since she was born, over 200,000 additional dead worldwide."

Blair dropped the notebook back onto the shelf, walking over to Kory and taking the packet from her hands to study it herself. Sure enough, the mortality rate on Rachel's birthday was higher than any other day recorded. She flipped through page after page of the same thing, each page highlighting Rachel's birthday and the death rate that day, "This has to be just some weird coincidence, right?"

Kory shook her head, taking a sticky note off the wall and studying it closely, "I think she's a part of a prophecy."

"What kind of prophecy?" Blair asked, looking up from the packet in her hands.

Kory looked up from the sticky note in her fingers, "She's the Destroyer of Worlds."

Blair tossed the packet onto the table nearby, looking between Dick and Kory in disbelief. The girl she met was just that- a girl. She was a girl with powers she didn't understand, but she was still just a girl nonetheless. She was innocent.

"No, the prophecy must have the wrong girl." Blair argued, shaking her head quickly. "Rachel wouldn't- she can't-"

Her words were cut off by the sound of an explosion nearby, rattling the walls and shaking the ground. The impact was so sudden, she fell back into Dick, waiting for the ground to stop shaking before settling herself again, "Shit."

The minute the ground stopped vibrating, the trio took off out of the storage unit, staring up at the sky as smoke twirled over the tree line. Blair felt her heart sink as she realized the smoke was coming from the direction of the convent where they had left Rachel on her own, thinking she'd be safe. She should have stayed with her.

Clearly, Dick was thinking the same thing as his eyes fell on the smoke in the sky, speaking only one word, "Rachel."

Before anyone could move, a flock of birds flew over them, their caws louder than anything Blair had ever heard before. She studied them closely as they flew over her, breathing out a gasp of realization, "Ravens."

********

Dick pulled into the courtyard outside of the convent, putting the car in park. Blair looked out the window, seeing the building completely destroyed, smoke and flames rising from the debris. She sucked in a breath, "Holy fuck."

Kory quickly got out of the car, moving the seat forward to help Blair out of the backseat. The minute her feet touched the ground, she took off running as Dick flashed his badge at the officers nearby to excuse her. She came to a stop at the explosion, coughing when the smoke hit her lungs.

The building was completely destroyed. They had left Rachel alone for half an hour and came back to a wasteland. She had said she lost control easier when she was scared or angry, so what could have caused her to blow up a convent?

Dick and Kory stood next to her, surveying the damage with grim faces, "She must've lost control."

"Maybe she's still here." Dick turned on his heel to start questioning the officers, the paramedics, anyone that was in their range if they had seen the girl.

"She isn't here." Blair turned around, seeing both Dick and Kory looking at her in confusion. She shook her head, thinking it was obvious. "If she was here, she would have found us already, but she hasn't. She's just a kid and there's something dangerous inside her that does things like this." She gestured to the rubble around them. "She ran."

Dick and Kory glanced at each other as Blair focused on the ambulance nearby where the paramedics were sitting the nun Rachel had talked to the most. She shifted her gaze back to the duo in front of her, jerking her chin towards it, both of them turning to see what she was looking at.

Dick started walking over to the ambulance, flashing his badge at the paramedics before focusing solely on the nun, "Hey, where's Rachel? Is she okay?"

The nun shook her head, her eyes wide in fear, "She left. Ran."

Blair gave Dick a knowing look as Kory took over the questioning, "What happened?"

"We just wanted to keep her here. Keep her safe, that's all. Where no one could hurt her and she couldn't hurt anyone." Blair felt her blood run cold at the words. Something about the way the nun insisted that she was trying to protect Rachel and the explosion behind them just all seemed to fit together. Whether it was intentional or not, whatever the nuns did provoked Rachel's powers. "There's no stopping it now."

"Stopping what?" Dick asked quickly, the worry clear on his face.

The nun didn't answer, just repeated her words before clasping her hands together in prayer, crying out, "Oh, God. God, please forgive me."

A nearby paramedic rushed over, leading the nun back into the ambulance as Dick and Kory walked away. Blair clenched her fists at her side, stepping forward to start asking questions of her own. The paramedic looked up at her, trying to direct her away from the scene, "Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to-"

Blair held up her hand to wave the paramedic off, keeping her gaze firmly on the older woman in the ambulance, "What did you do?"

"Ma'am-"

"What did you do to her?" Blair repeated, her voice louder and steelier than it was before. The edge in her voice kept the paramedics at bay long enough for the nun to respond the exact same way she had before, "We just wanted to keep her safe. We wanted to keep her safe."

Blair opened her mouth to question her further when one of the paramedics pushed her away from the ambulance as the others loaded the nun onto a stretcher. "If you have anymore questions it can be done later, let us do our jobs."

Blair walked away, wandering through the crime scene, trying to find where Dick and Kory had disappeared to. She didn't have to look very far as she heard Kory's angry voice a few feet away from her, "You just couldn't handle her, so you left her with your friends. It's pathetic."

"Look, can we argue about this after we find her, okay?" Dick snapped back.

They both turned to start walking away when their eyes landed on Blair standing just two feet away with her arms crossed, shaking her head in disappointment. She didn't wait for them to follow her as she turned on her heel, stalking back to the car.

Dick hung his head, chasing after her, "Blair-"

"I'll be in the car whenever you two are done with your bitching contest, yeah?" She whirled around, her eyes turning a sparkling green in anger. "You either grow up and deal with the consequences of everything as we go or just let it fester until it blows up, oh wait." Kory raised her eyebrows, as Dick blinked in surprise.

"We don't have time for the two of you to be sitting her arguing over who has done the most good or bad for Rachel when clearly neither one of you can hold the number one caretaker title right now." She continued, her eyes darting between the both of them. They were so busy focused on placing blame on one another, they seemed to completely forget that there was a fifteen year old girl, scared out of her mind and on the run. "So sorry if I don't really give a fuck about who carries the most blame here because from where I'm standing it's all of us. None of us should have left her here alone."

Dick reached for her, grabbing her by the shoulder and looking her in the eyes, "It's not on you, okay?"

"It is. The sooner we all grasp that concept, the better it'll be for her." Blair snapped, pointing to the Porsche. "Now do I have to get in the car and drive it my fucking self or are we going to get moving?"

********

"She must be scared out of her mind." Dick said, putting the car in park outside of the nearby police station.

No one had really spoken since Blair's outburst at the convent, the entire drive to the station being completely silent. She would have felt bad for what she had said, but her words had done what they needed to— they had gotten Dick and Kory to stop arguing long enough for her to stop and think. Clearly, Dick had as well.

"We don't know what she's feeling right now." Blair spoke from the backseat for the first time since they left the convent. "Maybe she found someone that took her in for the time being."

Dick turned to look over at her, "This isn't a book, Blair. That doesn't just happen."

"You'd be surprised, Dick." She shot back, kicking her legs across the backseat. "She did make a friend before we showed up at the roller rink and ruined it."

Dick opened his mouth to argue, when Kory unbuckled her seatbelt, moving to get out of the car, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're not coming. Neither of you are."

Blair looked up at the same time as Kory looked over at him in confusion, "What? Why?"

"You're not exactly the definition of blending in." Dick responded, looking pointedly at Kory's clothes.

"I've blended in just fine." Kory argued.

"I've got the badge. I can find out if anyone's seen Rachel faster without you." Blair rolled her eyes, tempted to steal his badge and see him try to get on without it. She didn't have a badge and she got information just fine, both as Blair Wilde and Knight Wolf. "Not to mention you're wanted by the police. This is a police station."

Blair leaned forward, fixing him with an exasperated glare, "What's your excuse to keep me out of it this time?"

"I just said it. It'll be faster if I go in on my own." Dick repeated, giving her a pleading look.

Blair studied him closely before slumping back in her seat, her arms crossed, "Whatever, Detective Richard Grayson. But you should probably know that the sisters locked Rachel up against her will and that's why she lost control."

"What?" Dick looked at her with wide eyes. "They told you that?"

"No, I just know how this works. You should too from where we're from." She shook her head. "Religious convent, girl with scary powers, religious people wanting to keep said girl safe from the world and the world safe from her? It's basic math."

"She actually makes a really good point here, Dick." Kory agreed, falling back against her seat. Dick let out a loud sigh as Kory shooed him out of the car. "Hurry up."

Dick got out of the car, closing the door behind him as he entered the building. Blair shook her head as the station doors closed behind him. Kory turned to face her, "It's hard to tell that you two aren't blood related. Only family could act the way you two do."

"Do you have a brother or sister?" She asked, sitting up and leaning into the front seat.

"I don't know. If I do, I don't remember." Kory admitted, shrugging as she thought about it for a second. "I don't really remember anything from my life before now."

Blair had never really met anyone with amnesia before, so she was in completely uncharted territory. Still, she had to ask, "Is it scary? Not remembering anything?"

"I've adjusted." Blair nodded, giving Kory a small smile that was immediately returned before she let out a small, tired sigh, "What you said back there at the convent-"

"I'm sorry about that, I just needed to get you guys moving and not arguing." Blair immediately apologized, feeling guilty for the things that she had said, even though she still meant every word of it. It didn't change the fact that she had no idea how Kory handled Rachel while she was in her care. "I don't really know how you took care of Rachel while you had her-"

"No, you were right." Kory admitted, causing Blair to look at her in confusion. "I shouldn't have taken the car, you guys wouldn't have followed me if I hadn't."

"Who knows?" Blair shrugged. "It's too late to tell now."

Kory nodded before giving her a questioning look, "You weren't with Dick when he first met Rachel, why are you now?"

Blair looked down at her hands, playing with her fingers as she immediately thought of Jason, "I just needed away from home and I missed him."

"Where is home?"

"Gotham." She responded quickly. "Gotham City."

"That explains a lot." Blair started to laugh. "What?"

"It's just— you can't even remember who you are, but you know that Gotham is a shitshow." Blair continued to laugh, causing Kory to eventually join in.

They were both still laughing as the driver's side door opened, Dick sliding into the seat, "What are you two laughing at?"

Blair wiped a stray tear from her eye as Kory faced him, calming her laughter, "Nothing. What did you find? Anything?"

Dick nodded, starting the car up again, "I got the name of a hunter that saw Rachel and a green tiger in the woods."

Blair looked over at Kory before they both turned to stare at him as though they misheard him, "A green what?"

********

Jason sat in the Batcave by the computer again, staring at his phone screen while Bruce suited up to patrol the city. The screen darkened, Jason tapping it to brighten it again. A picture of him and Blair goofing around in the lobby of the movie theater shined up at him. They had gone to see Solo, Blair dragging him, River, Jules, and Matty all along with her. He still remembered how excited she was to see the movie and how she had thrown a piece of popcorn at him for calling her a nerd.

"Jason, why aren't you suited up?" Bruce asked, standing in the center of the training mat, staring over at him impatiently.

"I don't have my partner." He shrugged, locking his phone. It had already been two days and he still hadn't heard a word from Blair. "Why go?"

"Because sitting around and waiting for her to come home isn't going to make her come back any faster." Jason rolled his eyes, shoving his phone back into his jacket pocket, not looking at the older man as he continued to speak, walking over to him. "Blair didn't sit at home when Dick left, she kept going."

"In case you haven't noticed, me and Blair are a lot different than her and Dick." Jason reminded him, feeling a tiny twinge in his chest at the words.

"It's 'Blair and I' not 'me and Blair' and I have noticed. That doesn't change the fact that there's a city out there that needs patrolling." Jason glared at the floor, hearing Bruce sigh above him. "I'll give you a few minutes to get ready."

Jason stood up from the chair, reluctantly walking to the changing rooms to get ready. He stared at the phone in his hand, debating on calling again. Common sense told him to let it go, just get dressed so he could patrol, but common sense was not something he had much of at that moment.

He put the phone to his ear, hearing it ring a few times before going to voicemail. He listened to Blair joke around with himself again, wanting her to be here, cracking jokes about Bruce correcting his grammar. He heard the machine beep and he cleared his throat, hoping he didn't sound too upset, "Hey, it's me again. I realized that the other voicemail sounded whiny and pushy, and I'm sorry. I just, whatever it is, whatever I did, I'm sorry. Just please call me back so we can talk about this. I miss you."

A/N: I'm honestly just as excited as the rest of you guys for Blair and Jason to be together again, but I'm even more excited for the upcoming chapters of her with the new Titans. And, just to calm your nerves, Somebody to Die For by Hurts is not the spoiler song, I promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 235 70
- peace in havok - Power and anger have gone hand in hand for Hazel her entire life, as has trust and heart. Hazel is bright as the s...
30.6K 765 20
"Is it weird that the same guy that can rip me apart with a single word makes me feel so freaking happy?" Emily asked with hooded eyes. When Rachel c...
3.5K 142 19
"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within, Dick." Book 2 of my series of Dc Titans. Jane GreenXDick G...
567K 15.4K 46
" You'll never know if you can fly , unless you take the risk of falling" ~Nightwing~ After the death of her parents and the disappearance of...