Seokjin's Touch

By luvyaselfu

I married him without realising that marrying him was going to change my life forever. I also didn't realise... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue

Chapter 25

6.7K 319 61
By luvyaselfu

~Yumi~

We ended up flying out of the country once more for a private schedule. As I struggled to avoid my father's calls, I tried to focus on my work instead. I was behind on so many things and it was hard to catch up. I was a little thankful when Seokjin told me he doesn't want me with him since he'll be busy with his members. I think it was another way to avoid being seen in public and I was more than happy to oblige to his orders.

So, I stayed at the hotel and focused on my job.

As for the other girls, they tried inviting me out with them but I refused. A part of me really want to but I was afraid they'll start asking me questions about my life... or even worse, Seokjin and my relationship.

Ever since that kiss, Seokjin's been somewhat a little nicer to me. I wasn't used to people's kindness and because of that, I didn't know how to treat him or behave around him. So, I continued to ignore him and just talk when I needed to. We haven't touched each other or done anything since then.

Regardless of that, I'm glad that he and Rijin are no longer around each other. I could see her looking at him with that longing look and I almost felt bad... but then I remembered that I was in her position. Or maybe I am still in her position.

Someone like Seokjin is unobtainable. He'll slip away eventually and I don't want to break even more. I'll have to keep my walls up and make sure he doesn't enter my heart more than he already did.

I heard someone knocking on my hotel door, followed by Seokjin's muffled voice, "Shortcake."

My heart began racing as I got to my feet and made my way towards the door. Before I could even reach for the handle, Seokjin opened it and pushed his way inside.

I stumbled back and almost fell but it was him who grabbed my arm to steady me.

"Wh-what's wrong?" I asked him, removing his hand from my arm.

Seokjin frowned at that before lifting his eyes to meet mine. "Why didn't you answer your phone?"

"My... phone?" I looked over my shoulder and saw it on the bed. "Ah, I turned it off so I could focus on my work."

It was a lie. We both know that.

"Did you need something?" I asked.

"Pick up your damn phone," Seokjin said, annoyed. "I thought something happened to you."

I stared. "Are you saying that's why you're here?"

He didn't answer. Instead, he continued on, saying, "We're leaving earlier than expected. So make sure you pack and get ready to leave early tomorrow."

"How early?" I asked, feeling tired already. I don't want to go back to Korea. Not when I know my father's bound to make an appearance soon.

"Just be ready by nine," he said, turning his back towards me. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

"W-wait," I grabbed his shirt and watched as he came to a stop. "What about the others?"

"They'll be leaving with us."

"All of them?"

Seokjin frowned. "Well, yeah."

I shifted uncomfortably and looked down at my feet. "Oh."

I could hear Seokjin let out a sigh before he said, "What's wrong now?"

"Nothing," I lifted my eyes to meet his, letting go of his shirt. To be honest, looking at him right now, I missed him even more. I haven't realised it but I got used to his presence... and when he's not there, well, I can't say I'm enjoying my time alone because I'm not.

He smirked. "You want me to stay for a little longer?"

"N-no," I cleared my throat. "As if."

Seokjin reached out, tracing my jaw with his finger, eyes all lazy and dark. "Not that I blame you. Who wouldn't want such a handsome man around?"

I closed my eyes briefly. Out of all people, I got married and stuck with a narcissist who's got a big heart and good looks. How can I resist such a person?

"What are we doing?" The words came out before I could do anything and just like that, Seokjin dropped his hand.

I opened my eyes, almost afraid to see him but I was surprised to see that his expression was soft.

"I don't know," he answered, honestly.

My heart ached at his words as I whispered, "I don't know too."

"We're not willing to open up to one another, Shortcake," Seokjin said with a small smile. "Not to mention, the problem is still here so we can't avoid it."

The problem. Yes. The reason why we're married is because of this problem, isn't it? I wanted to slap myself for expecting... no, for wanting more. It's not possible. For someone like me, I'm not sure how to love and care for others. I'll just be a burden.

I took a step away from him, turning my back to him. "I should get back to work."

Even though I wasn't looking at him, I could feel him hesitating. After what seems like ages, the door opened and closed behind me, leaving me standing there in silence.

You're going to take them away from me, aren't you? I thought to myself as my father's face popped up in my mind. Just like you took my mother and everything I've ever cared about.

But maybe... just maybe, it was better this way for everyone.

***

"Why do you look so scared?" Seokjin asked me as we walked out of the airport. "It's a private schedule."

"What if you guys have people stalking you?" I whispered.

After Seokjin left, I spent the rest of the day and night rebuilding and reconstructing my walls. I also mustered the strength to text my father, telling him that I will see him when I'm finished with my work. It was a lie but at least that made him stop calling me. He was smart enough not to text or leave voicemails though. The only thing we have in common is that we don't want others to know about our relationship. The abuse was something that we kept quiet and private.

"You're fully covered up," Seokjin told me before offering me his hand. I hesitated and then slipped my hand into his just as he squeezed my hand before holding our clasped hands up, "I've got you too."

I sighed and nodded. I could feel the others' eyes on us but right now, we're acting all lovey-dovey. We are married after all. If anyone was to spot us, it's better to look like we're in love to avoid having any articles written about our strained relationship.

All my worries almost disappeared but then I saw a girl with glasses smiling and waving her hands at us. I tensed at that. Then she started jogging towards us and I froze on the spot... until she passed us.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Jimin drop his bags to the ground just as the girl threw herself in his arms. He took a few steps back to steady himself before pulling down his face mask.

"You," Jimin scolded. "Don't do that again."

"I missed you so much," she murmured, nuzzling against him, ignoring his scowl.

At her words, Jimin's face warmed, "I know. I missed you too."

"Let's get out of here before we draw any more attention," Namjoon said, passing us and walking towards the vans.

Jimin pulled away from the girl and grabbed his bags before reaching out and holding her hand. "Come on," he smiled at her before putting his mask back into place.

I stared at Seokjin, confused.

"Curious?"

I frowned. "It's not like I want to know." But I do feel a little hurt to be left out... then again, maybe Jimin doesn't see me as a friend. It did take a little longer for him to be able to approach me or say a few words to me.

I shook my head to clear it. No. It doesn't matter anyways.

Well, all that sure disappeared fast because Jimin and that mysterious girl were in the same van as us. I tried to pretend to be really interested in my phone or the scenery but then Jimin called out my name.

"Ah, noona," Jimin said, leaning towards me as he pulled down his mask. "This is my girlfriend, Miyoung."

I suspected she might be but it was still a surprise to hear this from Jimin. As if she knew what I was thinking, Miyoung reached out and squeezed my hand with a warm smile on her face.

I blinked at her and then turned to Jimin, "Huh?"

Jimin smiled, sheepishly, "I always meet with her secretly so I haven't had the chance to tell you about her. I figured it'll be better to introduce you to her face-to-face rather than just tell you, you know?"

"But... why would you tell me?" My heart thumped as I waited for Jimin's answer to my question. Maybe it was the fear or maybe it was because I'm not ready to hear what his answer is.

Jimin blinked slowly and then moved away from me before studying me for a brief moment, "Because you're family."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 191 59
"This whole time, I thought I was developing romantic feelings for my brother."
172 15 16
I don't want to be married to him anymore. There was no way I was mentally okay with dating a man with a daddy kink. I just couldn't. 000 This is my...
76K 5.5K 105
Jin never thought that attending his friend's bachelor party would turn into something he remember for the rest of his life. Mature content Top Jung...
342 39 39
what?i didn't knew he was bisexual,i didn't know that i will end up being the tribute. I thought marriage was a normal step at that point,but i guess...