๐“ข๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ฒ๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“พ๐“ผ ๐“๐“ฌ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ถ...

By purple_luna97

"๐“ ๐“น๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ ๐“ผ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ผ ๐“ฟ๐“ช๐“ต๐“พ๐“ช๐“ซ๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ซ๐“พ๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ช ๐“ฌ๐“พ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฎ." ๐™Ž๏ฟฝ... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
SPECIAL CHAPTER
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52

13

538 32 7
By purple_luna97

• 13 - DOUBLE-EDGED SWORD •
In action.

| Third Person's POV |

"What is unknown and remains unsolved,
The answer is there, but hidden all along,
You can think and think, but it's like a puzzle,
Atlantis is one - does it even exist?
I seem like a giant shadow of mist,
So answer me now,
Do you dare try now?
Tell me now, what am I?"

The robotic voice echoed in the silence as Nisha stares back to the monitor in front of her. The people around that is watching can't really tell what's running through the transferee's mind because of her blank expression until she spoke out without hesitation. "Mystery." The glass then disappeared saying that her answer were right.

"Woah~ she's smart~!" Juliane commented, her eyes sparkling in amazement. Luana and Aeron nod their head in unison while Kendra give a hum. The others also look amaze at Nisha. Well, the whole students in Class Hydra seems to have looking forward to Nisha's battle.

Go back to the platform, a very strange creature step in with the upper body of a human, the lower front of a horse, and the tail of a fish. It is armed with a weapon that more likely a trident that god Poseidon have but it is smaller and definitely not that powerful like the god have. "Ichtyocentaur.." South mumbled after seeing the familiar creature that she saw in books. In myths, Ichtyocentaur is a centaurine sea-gods that is said to be associated with goddess Aphrodite at her birth and set in the sky as the astronomical constellation Pisces.

Nisha direct her stares at the creature's eyes in front of her as she felt the emotions running through the creature. The sudden feeling of familiarization is there but it quickly changes to unexplainable pity that confused Nisha but behind all that, Nisha didn't let her guards down.

Because of the long pause between the transferee and the creature, the students started to whisper at each other, asking question such as 'what's taking her so long?' 'is there a staring competition happening?' 'why can't she just kill that creature? is she really that weak like Abby says?'.

In the balcony where the Class Hydra are, they are quiet and have their eyes glued to every actions Nisha and the creature do until it started. The noise quickly fades away as Nisha blocked herself from creature's attack causing loud echoes erupted. A large piece of mirror emerged from the ground blocking the water spikes that her opponent made making the creature taken aback. The students, even the professors are shock at the newly information about the transferee's power.

"Mirrors?" Elaine mumbled, confused yet amazed. It's her-- actually their first time to see such a power, a power to manipulate mirrors.

'Daughter of dreams..' Luana can't stop herself to think of Nisha's unique eyes she saw on the ceremony before until now that she is watching Nisha used her new power. 'There's really something on her.'

On the other hand, Westley, South and Naomi can't hide their astonishment when they saw Nisha's power once again as if they didn't get to see it face to face yesterday. "Woah~ Nisha's power is really something." Westley mumbled while her eyes are twinkling. South hum is agreement.

The mirror Nisha used as her shield turns to glittery dust and her eyes quickly fixed to the creature's one who still looks off guard. Nisha take this as her advantage as her eyes glows to shade of blue like her Dad's, the creature's eyes glowing also the same. Nisha walk closer to her opponent. Her eyes flickers back to her normal chocolate ones and the creature quickly lost its consciousness. Nisha goes into a halt few meters away from the creature. She summons a small spike of mirror and like a speed of light, it pierce through the creature's forehead and just like that, her battle is done.

"Wow, what a wonderful battle! You will be in Class Hydra, Nisha! Gold!" this announcement of Ms. Jones, pulled everyone from shock and daydream to reality as they applause to the new member of Class Hydra. Nisha heave a sigh not really listening to what Ms. Jones said cause she suddenly felt drain after that battle of hers and with her remaining strength, she managed to come back to where her friends are.

"Woah!! You're so amazing, Nisha--! Wait, are you okay??" Westley stop herself when she notice the drooping gaze of her best friend. Westley and Naomi helped Nisha sat between them as Westley let Nisha rest her head on her shoulder while Naomi is rubbing her back for comfort.

"I'm fine. I just... suddenly felt tired." Nisha answered massaging her temple in the process.

"Do you want us to bring you in the infirmary? How about in the dorms so you can rest." South asked worriedly.

"Did you push yourself to your limits again, Nisha?" Now it's Naomi's turn to ask though South find it bothering if Nisha really do pushed herself but South observes that what Nisha did awhile ago is not enough to make her tired like this.

"I'm fine, besides the ranking battle is still not done yet. I wanna watch the Class Hydra too." Nisha insisted giving them a smile that soothed and let the three gave in and the thought of Nisha being unwell flies away their mind.

"Okay, we are staying." South said and Nisha gave her a last smile before they turned their head to the platform where they find Luana and Aeron.

"Why are they in partners?" Nisha asked. Her tiredness slowly sipping out of her body though she don't think she can use her powers by now.

"Since they don't really need to battle for sections since they will be always in Class Hydra whatever we do. This ranking battle will be just their training. As far as I know, it is Ms. Jones idea to partnered them up." South explained while Luana and Aeron got locked up by the same glass and two monitors appeared in front of them. The robotic voice questioned Aeron first.

"I never was but always will be,
No one ever saw me but everyone knows I exist,
I give people the motivation to better themselves everyday,
What am I?"

"Tomorrow." Aeron answered without hesitation as he glances at Luana.

"What is choosing the wrong bet,
What is trusting the wrong man,
What is doing something with or without consent but ends up with worst consequence,
What is it?"

Flash of memories runs inside Luana's head once she heard the riddle. The memories she tried to forgot and buried in the back of her mind in many years back then but returns like it just happens yesterday. The pain.. guilt.. the wounds that she thought were already mended by time are now openly fresh. Luana stays calm as possible with a blank expression across her face but her true emotions can't hide to Nisha who stares at her.

"Mistakes" Luana finally answers after a pause. She can feel Aeron's gaze on her but she didn't pay any attention to him and just stares at the creatures they are going to battle with. Orthrus, a two-headed dog and a Teumessian Fox. "I'll go with the fox." Luana said to Aeron who didn't avert his gaze from her even once. Luana finally look at Aeron and with her eyes, she is telling him a silent 'I'm fine' that Aeron immediately understand.

The both of them face their opponents. Luana summoning a silvery grey spear with unique gold carvings while Aeron summoning a huge sword made of diamond and silver. The Teumessian Fox growls, saliva dripping down its mouth and staring at Luana in hunger as if it didn't get to eat in many days. Suddenly, the fox move in a speed of light that a naked eyes can't follow. Luana's eyes glows in grey shade as all her senses heightened than its already enhanced one. She turn to her left with her leg already up in the sky as she kick the jumping figure in the side. The sound of bones cracking can be heard as the fox' body flopped down the cold ground. Without wasting any time, Luana stabbed her spear through the creature's chest.

Aeron, on the other hand, faced the two-headed dog that is known to be Cerberus', the three-headed dog of god Hades, sibling. The Orthrus snarls, a growl leaving its throat. It run towards the son of war who waits until the creature jump and ready to struggle him to the floor but Aeron is quick enough to sway his sword and successful to cut one the Orthrus' head. He then transform his sword to a huge hunting knife. He used it to stabbed the Orthrus to its chest before it can even restrain itself.

"Good job, Luana and Aeron. You can now go back to your seats."

The both of them walk towards the hallway back to the balcony where they were assigned and on their way, they meet Juliane and Cliff. "Good job unnie! Oppa! You both were amazing!" Juliane said giving them a thumbs up while Cliff give the two a smile. Aeron and Luana told them good luck before going. They were still in the stairs when Aeron held Luana's hand causing for her to stop and gaze at him.

"Are you really okay?" Aeron asked as he rubs circles with his thumb to Luana's hand, unconsciously. Luana glances down to their holding hands before gently pulling away.

"I'm fine, Aeron. You don't have worry too much for me. Let's go, Juliane's and Cliff's battle are starting." Luana turns around and continue going up the stairs while Aeron sighs. He knows, Luana were affected by the riddle awhile ago because.. well.. in the past. He just pushed his worries away from his head though he reminds himself to talk to Luana, maybe later about it.

Back in the platform, the robotic voice started to tell the riddle on Cliff.

"If you have them,
You want to share them,
But when you share them,
You no longer have them,
What is it?"

"Secrets." Cliff answered as he quickly throw a glance at Juliane who only stares at the monitor in front of her.

"Gone by time and no longer exist but can always remember by mind and heart. It is the cause and today's the product. What is it?"

Juliane's lips jutted to slight frown. She already had an answer in mind but not really sure if it's right. Juliane glances at Cliff and their eyes met for awhile before Cliff avert his gaze away. Juliane clear her throat and answers. "Past." the glass around them disappears. Across the platform, the sound of loud footsteps echoes until the creatures can be seen clearly. A centaur having an upper body of a human and a lower body of a horse and a giant boar, Erymanthian Boar to be exact.

Cliff move closer to Juliane. "I'll take care of the boar." he said while Juliane response with a simple okay. Cliff walk pass Juliane as he summons his weapon and hold it tightly. It is a golden sword with a design of wings on it's guard, the handle is wrapped in a soft golden fabric and the blade is extremely sharp. He pointed his sword towards the boar. Erymanthian Boar is known to be fearsome and will kill or destroy everything on its way. The boar's glare pierce through Cliff's skull but it didn't make him flinch a bit. The boar growls before running to Cliff. It jump up but Cliff is fast -- very fast enough to dodge the boar's huge built and swing his sword against its skin that left a big wound over its back to the sides. The boar grunted and didn't waste any time to attack once again but Cliff swing his sword once again and it already pierced through the boar's neck.

Juliane quickly stomp her feet on the ground as a block of rock arise when the centaur starts firing his arrows. Juliane summons her weapon that is a chain-sickle. She run out of her shield as she quickly throw the sickle towards the centaur while gripping the handle. The chains doubled, stretching its length as the sickle hanged over the centaur's neck making the creature off guard. The centaur is about to put the sickle away when Juliane pulled it and the centaur's head pull off it's body. "Hoo!" Juliane grins as she let her arms hang around Cliff's torso. "We're done! Good job to us!" she exclaims. Cliff give her a smile before they walk out of the platform, still having Juliane's arms around Cliff.

"Is Cliff really a son of Hermes? He looks way different to his father." Nisha commented while her eyes are on the son of Hermes and daughter of Demeter.

South laugh softly. "There are really some of us that is way different to their deities and I guess Cliff is one of them." she said before turning her gaze to Nisha. "Are you fine now? You aren't feeling tired anymore don't you?"

"I'm completely fine now." Nisha answered giving them a smile before she avert her eyes back to the platform and saw two familiar faces there. Raiden and Kendra is it.

"The cost of making only the maker knows,
Valueless if bought, but sometimes traded,
A poor man may give, one as easily as king,
When one is broken, pain and deceit is assured.
What is it?"

"Promise." Raiden answered while tucking his hands in his pockets.

"You can have me but cannot hold me;
Gain me and quickly lose me.
If treated with care I can be great,
And if betrayed I will break.
What am I?"

Kendra glances to Raiden but quickly pulled away. "Trust." the glass and monitor disappeared as sound of wings flapping and footsteps can be heard across the platform. There, a minotaur having a body of a human and a head of bull steps in with a harpy having the form of a bird and a human face flaps its way in the mid-air before landing on the ground. "I'll go have the minotaur." Raiden said but Kendra is quick to shook her head.

"I'll have it. You go with that bird." Kendra claims, not waiting for any response as she quickly steps forward and sense the location of water around the arena. Kendra's eyes glows to vibrant ocean blue and a pile of water crawl its way towards her as she summons her weapon which is a kunai and let it float above her hand. The water crawls up to Kendra's arms until it surrounds the kunai. The minotaur let out a growl as it launch itself towards the daughter of Poseidon. Kendra swiftly move to the side when the minotaur tried to grab her. She kicked the creature's leg causing for it to stumbles and knees meeting the floor. Kendra didn't wait any further and throw her weapon surrounded with water to the creature's back. Out of nowhere, the minotaur's body started shaking as if electricity made its way through its nerves. Kendra turns around to glare at the son of Zeus who she already know the reason why the minotaur's body reacted that way. Well, Raiden just blended some electricity volts to the water Kendra made to surround her weapon. In the corner of her eyes, she saw the burnt body of the harpy she told Raiden to battle with. Kendra huff, "Tch. Killjoy" she walk pass through Raiden who only follow her without saying anything.

They meet Elaine and Cole in the way who give them both a 'good job' and thumbs up but Kendra only huff, rolling her eyes still clearly annoyed and just go. Raiden simply give them a nod before following Kendra. "They fought once again. Tsk tsk." Elaine said shaking her head while she walk side by side with Cole.

"As if you're not used to it." Cole chuckles as Elaine do the same. They both stood in the platform as the glass locked them up and the robotic voice asked.

"I'm needed in difficulties,
I'm needed in investigations,
I can be a piece of evidence,
I can be an information,
What am I?"

Cole put his hands on his pockets. "Clue."

"I can't be bought,
but I can be stolen with a glance.
I'm worthless to one
but priceless to two.
What am I?"

Elaine shows a smile when she familiarize the riddle. It is the riddle same to what his father asked her when she is still young. "Love." after that, the glass locking them, disappears. The ground shakes to every steps and a sound of hissing can be heard as everyone look at the other side of the platform. There they saw a serpent and a cyclope.

"What's yours?" Cole asked, summoning a battle axe that have the handle wrapped to a golden fabric, it's blade have red and gold linings as designs. It actually looks heavy but Cole lift it with ease.

"Serpent." Elaine simply answered now summoning her bow with her eyes locking with the said creature. Her weapon is also color gold with a unique design of wreath. Elaine steps back a couple of times before raising her hand that is holding her bow. She pulled the string and the light from the sun beams its way down to the bow and it become a golden arrow in seconds. The serpent hiss as it crawl towards the daughter of Apollo however the serpent is still far away when Elaine release the arrow and struck to the serpent's head. The serpent made a noise of pain before it's head finally meet the ground lifeless. "Urm.. why do I feel as if this is so easy than before?" Elaine mumbled letting her weapon vanishes. A loud thud and the way how the ground continues shaking made Elaine look up to Cole and to the cyclope's head rolling around the platform. She give Cole a smile that the son of Hephaestus quickly return.

°=

"In the dark night flies a many-hued phantom.
It soars and spread its wings above the gloomy human crowd.
The whole world call to it,
The whole world implores it.
At dawn the phantom vanishes, to be reborn in every heart.
And every night it is born anew and everyday it dies.
What is it?"

Now, a boy wearing a black hoodie, have his hands tucked to it's pockets, raven hair and black pair orbs stood inside the same glass with a monitor. "Hope." He answers, his voice cold and deep. The glass quickly disappears and footsteps echoes around the silent battle arena. A huge lion with golden fur steps in with a dangerous roar escaping its mouth.

"Nemean Lion." Nisha mumbled under her breath, remembering the same creature she read before. "How would he killed that?" she whispers almost not audible to hear.

"Just watch." South instruct while they eyed Draven with the Nemean lion on the platform.

Draven's dark orbs met the lion's golden brown pair. They stare at each other for a couple of seconds -- almost minutes while everything is dead silence not until the lion cries. Everyone in Semideus Academy already expect this to happen because Draven always used the same tactics in every single ranking battle. However, until now, they don't have any idea how or what powers the son of Hades used.

Nisha, on the other hand, stares at the lion starting clawing and tearing itself to death. Nemean lion have golden fur, making it impervious to every attacks even when you used mortal weapons. In myth, Heracles needed to kill the creature with his own hands and used its claws to clearly kill and now, she will just saw the lion tearing itself open after just staring to Draven and what's eating it inside is terror. Nisha finally averts her gaze away when the lion's body slump down the ground with its blood all over the place. She gazes to Draven and notice how he steps back and left out a silent huff. Rush of emotions made her put her hand over her left chest as she gasp in the sudden pain she felt. She notice at the corner of her eyes how her friends look at her and say something but she can't understand any of those cause her eyes never left the boy standing in the platform who look up and locked eyes with her.

A shake of her body pulled her back to reality as Nisha exhales the breathe she didn't notice keeping in. "Hey, Nisha are you okay? Can you hear us?" South asked. Nisha travels her gaze to her friends, they all look pretty worried and Westley already have her hands holding hers.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Sorry, for worrying, I just.. I just zones out." Nisha said shaking her head to clear her mind.

"Are you sure? We heard you gasp and you suddenly stop breathing." Naomi claimed putting her hand on Nisha's shoulder.

"I'm fine, really." Nisha give them a smile and her three friends heave a sigh before nodding. Eventually, Nisha turn her gaze back to Draven and found him already walking away from the platform. 'How powerful you made the Nemean Lion go into terror though afterwards you also felt tired and... pain.'

•~•~•~•~•~•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 593 33
wherein after three years of leaving everything behind to reach her dream as soon as she came back, she thought she's still waiting for her. But the...
87.8K 6.1K 46
โ ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™œ๐™ž๐™˜. ๐™”๐™ค๐™ช ๐™ข๐™š๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™˜๐™๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ข๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™จ? ๐™ค๐™ง ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ก๐™ค๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๏ฟฝ...
144K 10.5K 107
two years ago the world found itself being emerged with death and violence, humans transformed into dangerous creatures with hunger for flesh, killin...
13.2K 673 26
Having another restart for her wasn't anything that she expected. Especially, a chance to live once again in one condition, it's to be a matchmaker i...