The Art of Warren

By b00klover09

He was a mosaic, composed of broken pieces. She was an unfinished art project. ******** The moon goddess en... More

•Prologue•
•One•
•Two•
•Three•
•Four•
•Five•
•Six•
•Seven•
•Eight•
•Nine•
•Ten•
•Eleven•
•Twelve•
•Thirteen•
•Fourteen•
•Fifteen•
•Sixteen•
•Seventeen•
•Eighteen•
•Nineteen•
•Twenty•
•Twenty One•
•Twenty Two•
•Twenty Three•
•Twenty Four•
•Twenty Five•
•Twenty Six•
•Twenty Seven•
•Twenty Eight•
•Thirty•
•Thirty One•
•Thirty Two•
•Thirty Three•
•Thirty Four•
•Thirty Five•
•Thirty Six•
•Thirty Seven•
•Thirty Eight•
•Thirty Nine•
•Forty•
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Epilogue
The Art of Submission

•Twenty Nine•

3.8K 176 16
By b00klover09

Trust is a two way street to somewhere. I don't trust often so I don't know where it leads.

Pomelia awoke with a yawn. She lazily and blindly waved her arms in front of her self, searching for the warmth only her mate could provide. She felt nothing.

Slowly sitting up, she began to recount the events of last night...this morning. War woke her up with a searing kiss. He seemed on edge and desperate but didn't want to tell Pom what was wrong. She told him that whatever it was it would be okay...then he requested a kiss. Pomelia's hormones had reached an embarrassing level last night probably the last few days and she basically stripped herself completely naked for her mate.

Pom pressed her hands to her face, groaning in embarrassment. It was like any time he touched her a light...no a fire was being started and no amount of water or talking herself down would put it out! Luckily for her War had went to...extreme measures to put out that fire. His mouth had latched onto her sensitive area and gave her pleasure that made her head swim...but then it stopped.

She expected to finally be with War, to become one last night but instead he rejected her again. He told her the reason, he was busy, he couldn't waste anymore time but she knew it most likely had to do with his self esteem. War was a beautiful man with a beautiful soul...and she just wished she knew how express that to him.

She knew the Bane pack was not a desirable one but people made mistakes. She knew he made mistakes that he never wanted her to find out. She just wanted to love War like he deserved to be loved. She didn't know how she knew but she knew he had a rough life. He would always deflect her questions and make her happy. Prime example being yesterday... she wanted to be with him but he only worried about her pleasure then left her.

Slowly rising from the bed, she could feel her legs were just a little sore from War moving her body every which way to feast on her flesh... She could only imagine how she would feel when they actually had sex. Just thinking about it made her body tingle!

After lamenting over her mate for a little bit longer, she showered and got dressed. When she made it down stairs she saw that Nick and Butter were in the living room. Nick seemed tired. His bony body was covered in his large sweatshirt and Butter was curled up next to his hand.

Pom noticed that papers were sprawled all over the gray couch and on the floor. A lot of papers. Maybe Nick was studying for something? He wasn't in school was he?

"Good morning," she smiled at him softly as Butter stretched out before seeing her and walked across the couch. She gently picked up the small kitten and cuddled him while he made little noises of protest. War had told her the other day that she was squeezing the life out of poor Butter. Somehow she wasn't aware of her newfound strength.

Her phone buzzed in the small pocket of her dress and she pulled it out, hope rising up that it was her mate. It was Nick instead.

You and War did things again last night.

Pom felt her face heat up. Goodness, she really did try to be quiet...maybe he just had good hearing? His room wasn't even close to their room though!

"Yes we did...I wanted to do those things. War didn't force me." The slight worried expression he wore vanished a bit.

Ok good. Can you make pancakes please?

She smiled at the request. "Anything for your Nick. Eggs and bacon too?" He nodded his head, his thin lips morphing into a smile. "Oh do you want to try coffee? War and I figured out the machine the other day." From the tired, pale look on his face she thought that caffeine would do good for his soul.

He nodded his head again. Maybe she would try a cup too... She had a sip of her mates the other day and it was terrible. War informed her that if she ever made her own cup she could add as much sugar and cream she wanted.

She left Nick and Butter alone with their papers and began to focus on her breakfast. While she cooked, her phone began to buzz again and her heart leapt. It had to be War. It was almost 9am and he was probably calling her, telling her he was on his way home.

Pom deflated just a little when she noticed that it was Alpha Mei. She quickly answered the phone. "Are you cooking breakfast?"

"Uh good morning! Yes I am. Just pancakes, eggs and bacon," Pom told the Luna as she heard shuffling in the background. What was Mei doing?

"I'm coming over to snag some pancakes. Reese seriously thinks you put crack in them."

Pom gasped. Why would he think she put a drug as terrible as cocaine in her pancakes?! "Your silence tells me you didn't get the joke. I'll be over soon."

It was a joke? "Oh okay! I'll see you." Mei hung the phone up first and Pom giggled to herself. It must have meant her cooking was so good that it was equivalent to an illegal drug? She still didn't get how it was funny but she decided on keeping her thoughts silent.

Once she finished up breakfast she made Nick's plate and then packaged up some pancakes for Luna Mei and Alpha Reese. She was pooped. War waking her up and then her worrying about him til she went to sleep again had messed up her sleep pattern.

"Hey Nick," she yawned with his plate in hand, "I finished the food! Do you want to eat here or at the table?"

Nick was hunched over, glaring at a piece of paper that he held to his face closely. She couldn't help but to sneak a peak at what he was looking at. It looked like the notebook that War had in their room...Did Nick take it maybe? Or maybe War gave it to him before he left?

"Oh Nick are you trying to learn Greek?"

He jumped and quickly hid the paper, pressing it to his chest and looking at her as if she were crazy. She took a cautious step back, noticing he seemed extremely nervous. She wanted to give him space. "I'm..I'm sorry if I offended you. I just know the language. Modern and ancient. That's the language of the gods, I can help if you want..."

Nick pressed his lips together tightly, his eyes darting to his phone before taking one hand and petting Butter gently. He seemed torn or frazzled. She hated making people feel uncomfortable...

He then stopped petting Butter and grabbed his phone. She waited patiently, the plate in her hand was hot under her palm but she ignored it. Pom wanted to help Nick anyway she could.

Her phone buzzed.

"You won't tell War that I'm asking for your help?"

Pomelia bit the inside of her cheek. War was her mate, she didn't want any secrets from him...but this was harmless. Nick wanted to learn Greek, it was just innocent learning. She could keep his secret. War had secrets too...

She smiled. "Pinky promise, Nick. If I translate for you, will you eat some food then?"

He smiled brightly, showing off his pearly white teeth. It made Pomelia's stomach clench when he smiled or moved. He was so skinny, his cheeks so hollow. Nick was so thin he seemed sickly even when he smiled...

Switch?

She wished she could hear his voice again with not such a strain and heart breaking tilt to it. She wondered how he would sound if he ever laughed... Only pain brought his voice back it seemed. Maybe if she became closer to him then he would speak to her more..

Pom nodded her head, trading his plate for a jumble of papers. She took Butter up in her hands and gave him a kiss on his little forehead before setting him on the floor. She knew that Butter would try and get a hold of Nick's pancakes if he stayed on the couch. The little kitten had Nick and her smitten.

Trying not to pay attention to the little kitten who brought her so much joy, she focused on the task at hand. Translating for Nick.

It was a lot of scribbles, a lot that didn't really mean sense...but she tried to focus on the full sentences first.

"Okay this...um, lets see," her eyes traveled over the words a few times, something familiar about them. "This says 'No great thought, no ok! No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness'." She glanced at a Nick and noticed he was eating with one hand and typing on his computer with his other.

"Um...the weak shall inherit the world, d-death to those who oppose," she read nervously. Her eyes zeroing in on the drawing on the pages. They didn't look...nice. Not what she thought Nick would be drawing. She was confused and a bit scared.

Nick placed his plate down on the table before he picked up his phone and began to tap furiously at it.

Thanks. You can set it down now. Have you heard from War?

Pom gripped the papers a little tighter. "No I haven't heard from War. He told you where he was going?"

Nick tensed a bit. She watched his fingers stall over his phone, hesitate. He then started typing.

No. He just said he would help me fix my computer. So I was asking where he was.

Pomelia could tell he was lying. It was obviously in the way his fingers shook and how his heart beat picked up speed. Her chest ached again for him. How many times had he lied before and she hadn't noticed? Now that she had her wolf, all of her senses improved. She could tell the slightest changes in people who were easy to read. Nick was easy to read. Alpha Reese was easy to read. War and Luna Mei were like rocks.

Are you mad at me? Are you mad at him?

Pom read it and immediately sat down next to Nick, with a gentle smile. "No Nick, I could never be mad a you. I was just asking if you knew where he went. I love War and trust him."

His lips twisted...then they began to tremble. What did she say? "Nick...what's wrong?" Her hand gently went to his shoulder.

She watched him fight back tears as he txted on his phone. She quickly grabbed her phone awaiting for his txt.

Why are you so nice? I hate lying to you. I don't know how War does it.

Pom felt uneasy about this conversation. What was she supposed to say about that? How much did War  lie to her about? Did War confide in Nick? What did he tell Nick that she couldn't know?

I'm sorry.

Pom tried to mask her facial features the best she could. "It's okay, Nick. Relationships are hard. War will tell me everything when he's ready."

Nick didn't seem like  he wanted to talk about it anymore. He looked away from her and wiped at his face. "You okay now? Luna Mei is coming over. If you want to spend the day together I can cancel with her."

His eyes suddenly widened. He shook his head and began to gather up all of his papers. Frantically almost. "Hey, hey it's okay. Nick I'm not scared of her." She was. She knew Luna Mei could break her physically and mentally. Like a toothpick really.

Nick paused in his shuffling of his papers into a big black back pack. He grabbed his phone again.

Cop is here.

How Nick knew that Officer Mach was at the door without smelling him was a bit confusing to her, but she could smell a faint scent at the door. Then she heard knocking.

"Are you okay now?" She questioned him as she rose up to her feet and gave him a few papers he was struggling to hide. He gave her a half smile and an odd thumbs up.

When she heard the knocking again, she sighed. War didn't like Officer Mach and Pom didn't know what to think about the man. Sure he had helped them only because of Alpha Reese, but he did invite them to the lake. He also was a little rude to them...

She opened the front door, and was surprised to see that Officer Mach was in his uniform. He had a bag in his hand and seemed a bit tired? His eyes were a bit glassy and he definitely had bags under his eyes.

"Oh good morning Officer Mach."

He wasn't paying attention to her. Not really. He was interested in seeing who was in the house. "Hey...is your mate here?"

Pom shook her head. "No he's busy, did you want me to relay a message?"

The man gave a slightly annoyed look. "Well I mean if his brother is here...I got a sign language book. I thought it would be helpful since he's ah nonverbal."

Brother....? Pom thought long and hard for a second before wanting to thump herself on the head. Nick was supposed to be War's brother... "Oh wow Officer Mach, that's so sweet of you. Thank you so much."

He shrugged, yawning a bit before a loud gurgling noise made her jump. It was his stomach. No mistaking it... "I didn't realize I was that hungry, and it's fine. I just-"

"-Are you hungry? I was just about to eat breakfast," she volunteered. She felt bad that the man was so hungry obviously. In addition to his kind gesture, she couldn't let him go hungry.

He gave her a wary look. "I mean, I guess I could. I worked a triple and the humans think I'm indestructible," he chuckled as Pom smiled before hearing a distressed sound coming from inside the house. It sounded like Butter maybe?

"It's no problem. My mate isn't here so I have extra food," she smiled feeling bad that the humans worked him to exhaustion. She let him in and lead him to the dining room table.

Pom gave Nick a confused look as she noticed that he was a the table now. Trying to scarf down his pancakes. He seemed frozen in place as he noticed that Officer Mach was staring at him.

"Nick you're here? I got you a sign language book."

Officer Mach slipped the book out of the bag and then put it on the table, pushing it to sit next to Nick. He glanced at Pom before looking down at the book and giving Officer Mach a quick thumbs up. Pom was glad he appreciated it, even if it did come from Mach. Nick didn't seem to like him. Plus Nick could talk under extreme distress, that much she knew...

That seemed to make the man laugh. "Glad you appreciate it. I learned a little but I'm rusty. Just figured it would be easier then txting someone. Especially if your sister in law or brother isn't here."

That made Nick drop his fork with a loud clank. Pom marveled as Nick's hands began making all these gestures and sighs. His hands were working much too quick for her brain... Pom didn't know he knew sign language.

Nick seemed angry as he stopped his signing and began to pick up his phone, furiously typing. "I didn't know he knew it already...did you know?"

Pom shook her head awkwardly. "Um...Nick is always surprising us," she said as her phone buzzed. It was Nick.

Tell him I don't need help. He can have his book back.

"He said thank you so much but he already knows sign language. He would rather you keep it...to um educate yourself."

Officer Mach looked between the two. Nick was glaring at her and so was Mach apparently. "That's what he said?" She nodded her head quickly.

"I'm going to go make you a plate of food. I'll be back!" She rushed out of the awkward situation and began to quickly make Officer Mach a plate. If War were here he would probably tell Officer Mach to get lost, which she would kindly advise him not to. War was so sweet to her but to others, not so much at times.

As soon as Pom made it to the kitchen, she heard a loud knocking, well banging. She sighed, knowing it was probably Luna Mei. Officer Mach would probably have to wait for his food now!

Once she got to the door she confirmed it was Luna Mei and she seemed angry. She walked into the house without saying a word, her long raven black hair messy. She wore a pair of sweatpants that rode low on her hips and a tight white belly shirt.

"Um...good morning," Pom said while following the angered Luna to the dining room.

She took a look at Mach and scoffed. "Mach get out. I need girl talk." Pom wanted to clap and hug the Alpha female but gave Officer Mach a regretful look.

The man bowed slightly before rising up to his feet. "Thanks for the meal, Pomelia. Nick," he addressed the upset kid before rushing to leave.

Once Mach left, Luna Mei angrily plopped down in one of the dining room seats and let loose a growl that made both Pom and Nick jump. Nick grabbed his plate and looked as if he was ready to flee.

"Oh sit down. You're fine," she growled out, coming her hair with her shakened fingers. Pom noticed her chipped nail polish.

Pom awkwardly slid down in the seat next to her. "Um...is everything okay?" She questioned, noticing a insistent buzzing sound coming from the Lunas pocket.

The Luna snorted as she took her phone out glanced at who the caller was and then threw it at the wall. It hit the wall with a thud before it slammed to the ground. Pomelia was frozen in her seat, feeling the fury rolling off the woman in waves.

"You try to be a good mate and this happens! If I could punch him in his pretty little face I would," the woman fumed, as Pomelia thought of something today.

She cleared her throat. "What happened? If you don't mind me asking."

Luna Mei sighed. "Reese's brother is missing. He's mentally unstable and I've been in contact with the LPA to see the status of the investigation. The agent on the case contacted me twice and Reese has been complaining about. Saying he had people looking for his brother, he doesn't like the LPA. Which I don't understand!"

Pom chewed on her cheek. Was War the 'people' who was looking for Alpha Reese's brother? She knew War told her that Reese didn't like the LPA but she wondered why... She loathed lying to people but she had to lie for War...

"Oh I'm so sorry. The LPA is a good organization I hope they find him," Pom told her as she wrung her hands together.

Luna Mei shrugged. "The agent we've been working with is on her way. She said she had some things to tell us in person. Reese freakin flew off the handle and left. I'm so over it. I'm over it. Then calls himself trying to apologize. Hell no," she snapped as Pom gulped. The woman's nails were growing, puncturing the nice wood of the table.

"I'm sorry...I hope you guys work everything out," Pom said softly as she imagined getting into an argument with War. She couldn't fathom him yelling at her. She would probably be petrified. They never really gotten into a fight before...she was not looking forward to it either really. She knew it was inevitable, couples fought.

Mei shrugged. "It's whatever. My main priority is making sure that Ben is found and justice has its way. I...shit," she groaned. "Broke my phone. The lady said she'll be here soon. Good thing my memory is great. Think I can borrow your phone and call her?"

Pom grabbed her phone, making sure no messages came from War. It didn't. "Sure, of course."

She handed the phone over to Luna Mei and watched her call the Agent who she was in contact with.

"Hi, yeah it's Luna Mei. My phone...uh broke. Anyway you can come straight to the guest cabin. Whoever will let you in will give instructions to you."

The woman on the other line spoke big Pom was too concentrated on her own thoughts to listen in. "Okay thanks, Agent Grace. I'll see you in twenty."

That caught Pom's attention. Luna Mei ended the call and handed Pom back her phone. Pom chewed on her lips, wondering about the Agent.... "Her last name is Grace?"

Luna Mei looked up at her from pulling at her hair. "Yeah. She's cool."

"Oh...my last name is Grace."

Luna Mei stared at her oddly, beginning to rake her eyes over her face. Pom didn't know what the Luna was thinking, but Pom knew what her, herself was thinking. It was far fetched and nearly impossible...

"I'm honestly not trying to freak you out...but you look like her. I knew your face looked familiar..." Luna Mei confessed as Pom's heart began to hammer in her chest. "Do you know anything about your birth family?"

Pom really needed War. She needed his calming presence. "N-no, but that's impossible. It's impossible."

"Anything's possible, Pomelia. It would just be crazy as hell if...if you know." Pom shook her head. It would be crazy as all heck. The odds. It wouldn't make sense. How could it make sense.

She needed to keep her mind off of such thoughts. Grace might be a common last name. She was sheltered at the temple, she didn't know how many people had her last name. It was common, had to be.

"I-I'm going to make you a plate!"

******
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Well Belated. In honor of the spirit of giving double update!

⬆️⬆️Swipe up!⬆️⬆️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 90.3K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...
882K 32.6K 53
♔︎𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥 𝐀𝐥𝐩𝐡𝐚 𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 & 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞♔︎ ❝𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚜𝚘 𝚋𝚊𝚍? 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚕𝚘�...
117 0 24
SYNOPSIS. It is said that the strongest creatures to ever behold the beauty of the Earth are the LYCANS. Alpha King Demon happens to be the strongest...
2.2M 9.8K 7
Forget what you know about the fairytales of werewolves. There's no such thing as a moon goddess, there's no such thing as mates. Wolves are animals...