Roommates | [kth.jjk]

By milaaxr

Ex best friends Jungkook and Taehyung are fatefully paired together to share a room for four weeks on a schoo... More

prologue + more
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
20.
21. [M]
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30. [M]
31. [M]
32. [M]
33.
34.
35. [M]
36. [M]
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
epilogue [M]
1. [bonus]
2. [bonus]
3. [bonus] [M]
DRAMA CLUB

19.

10.3K 624 311
By milaaxr

C H A P T E R
NINETEEN:

Jungkook was walking back to his room, a cup of steaming hot tea in his hands. He sighs in bliss when the small cup immediately warms his frosty fingers up. He looks around himself, seeing the oh so familiar sites that he'd grown so accustomed to. A few weeks ago, he couldn't believe that he was going to paired up with Taehyung in sharing a room, and now it seemed like things were finally going uphill. It was definitely far-fetched, but Jungkook really started to feel that he had been waiting ten years for Taehyung.

Jungkook continues to walk, finding himself walking to Hoseok's and Jin's room. That's where all of his friends were closed up most of the time. Before they would be confused on where to hang out with each other, but soon enough they didn't even need to question, and they'd all just head over to the shared room between Jin and Hoseok. Jungkook didn't want to admit it, but he sure was going to miss this. And by this, he meant just waking up and being with his friends for most of the day before going to bed. It had begun to feel like he was a child again.

The cherry haired boy took slow steps towards the room, somehow feeling like he wanted to savour every single last moment, even though there were still seven days remaining. Jungkook walks into Hoseok's room and sees that the room is in fact empty. Not a single hair, no traces of human activity. Frowning, Jungkook shuts the door and heads back outside. That was weird. If his friends weren't in Hoseok's room, then where were they? Because they didn't hang out anywhere else apart from Jin's and Hoseok's room.

Jungkook decides to check his phone, but he doesn't see any messages from them, which is even more weird because the groupchat they were all in was always blowing up because of Jin's daily dad jokes he would send. Standing in the cold, Jungkook refreshes the groupchat page multiple times to see if he missed any messages. He even exits the app, restarts his phone and calls them. But nothing. They didn't even pick up, considering that they always had their phones in their hand. Now Jungkook's frown deepened, it was like they just upped and left, leaving Jungkook confused and alone.

Shrugging, Jungkook finally decides to give it a rest. And so the small, cherry haired boy whose nose has turned a peachy pink from the cold, finally decided to get some warmth. Jungkook sips some of his tea. Feeling the hot liquid slither down his throat, warming his insides, burning outwards. But that still wasn't enough to satisfy him from the biting cold. The cold was deadly, and would nip at your skin until icicles formed on every single pore a human had. Shivering, Jungkook starts to head to his room, to see what Taehyung was doing, and it was too cold to go anywhere else.

But on his way, he bumps into a tall and wide body, almost spilling his tea in the process. Gasping, he screams out, "oh my God, are you okay?" The tall person chuckles, replying, "yeah I'm fine..." Jungkook frowns, taking a good look at the person, "oh..um I wasn't talking to you...I was talking to my tea! You almost toppled the poor guy over!" Jungkook tries to stay serious, but his body deceives himself, his lips raising at the corners to create a smile. The larger boys laughs loudly, his deep, loud and boisterous laugh booming through out the air.

After the laughter died down, the larger boy says, "anyways, sorry for bumping into you, it's my fault." Jungkook's eyes widen at this, "oh no! It's totally me! I was the one sipping my tea like an idiot and I bumped into you....anyways, at least the piping hot tea didn't spill on you."

The boy chuckles, "to be honest...right now I'd prefer if the tea did spill over me, it's absolutely freezing right now. Can you believe the coldness that always hangs around here? I mean, it never leaves," Jungkook smiles at these words, getting a comfortable vibe from this absolute stranger that he'd just met. But that makes Jungkook realize what the boy is wearing - which is a thin, red and yellow t-shirt, with joggers but no jacket.

The cherry haired boy's eyes widen, "oh my God! Why aren't you wearing a jacket?" The larger boy shrugs, "if I knew that I'd bump into a cute stranger I would have wore one, but sadly I have to get inside, it's freezing."

Jungkook grabs the boys hand and pulls him inside, shutting the door of the cabin, "there it's warm here and- did you just call me cute?" The boy shrugs, "I mean, if we're being honest, then...yeah." In situations like this, Jungkook would immediately blush, but with the boy he was talking to at the moment, he didn't feel the need to blush, or feel flattered. He felt like he could joke around, and even if his jokes were not funny, that's exactly what he would do.

"I know I'm cute, but please, tell me something I don't know," Jungkook says, flicking his imaginary blond locks that he wishes he had. The boy laughs, "well, I can tell you that... you have a piece of lettuce stuck in between your teeth," Jungkook falls silent at these words. Immediately, he feels at his teeth, trying to pick out the lettuce, but the boy just bursts out laughing, "I'm joking, oh God it was funny to see the colour drain from your face like a water pipe."

Jungkook groans, "gah! I don't even know why I reacted like that because firstly, I didn't even eat lettuce today and secondly that water pipe simile doesn't even make sense." The boy laughs, leaning on the wall across Jungkook.

"I'm Lucas, by the way."

Jungkook's mouth falls open in shock, "oh no way, so you're the party planner," Jungkook immediately recognizes the face he seen earlier today in his teachers mini assembly. Lucas nods, his brown hair falling into his eyes, "yup."

Jungkook's head tilts, "come on over into my room, it's so awkward just standing here." Lucas smiles, and follows Jungkook into his room, "ah, welcome to my humble abode, that's my bed, you can sit there." Lucas sits down on the bed, making himself feel at home, while Jungkook switched on the lights and sat next to the boy.

The cherry haired boy half expected Taehyung to be in the room, but when he saw the dark room he knew that the boy he'd grown stay with was not there, his heart kind of dampened, along with his mood. "It's a good thing I bumped into you, my roommates not here, I would've been all alone," Jungkook says, throwing away his empty cup.

Lucas chuckles, sitting up straight, "hey do you want to help me with something? It will get your mind off being alone in your room, and it would let me stay here longer...I don't really want to go back into the cold right now."

Jungkook shrugs, "yeah what do I do?"

Lucas pulls out his phone, "well, I decided to go round asking students what they wanted from the party and this is what they've all said so far," Lucas looks down towards his phone, "booze, lots of drinks. Sneak in drinks. Hot chicks. Hot guys. Hot chicks and guys. Alcohol. Weed."

Jungkook's laugh escapes his lips before he can even register that he's laughing, "yeah, that's my peers for you...but seriously, you have to sneak in some drinks...I'm not going to a party if there's not going to be drinks there." Lucas laughs, "what do you take me for? Of course there's going to be drinks. I'm only a few years older than you."

Jungkook chuckles, "even so, you're such an oldie. What are you doing working here? Shouldn't you be in education?" Lucas nudges Jungkook, "nah, I dropped out, but it's all good. Anyways, help me plan this party, invite some of your friends and we'll do it tomorrow. We've only got a few days...do you think we'll be able to do it?"

Jungkook stands up, stretching, "oh Lucas. I know that we'll able to do it. Because Jeon Jungkook is a hot piece of ass, and he doesn't give up!" Jungkook shouts, a big smile on his face.

Even though he barely knew Lucas, he just had a feeling that Lucas was a good person. His personality was really nice, and the tall boy was so easy going and good to get along with. He also always had a warm smile on his face, which almost lured Jungkook in because of how comforting it was. Jungkook just had such a good feeling about Lucas, and that's why he able to get along with him so easily.

"...um, are you sure you're talking about yourself because...." he looks with his eyebrows raised at Jungkook's behind, which makes Jungkook gasp, "oh you did not just go there," the cherry haired boy warns throwing a pillow at him, which Lucas catches with ease, "yeah, I went there. And I have a feeling you'd do something about it but you're too short, so ha." Jungkook pauses for a hot minute. But then he groans, his shoulders slumping.

"Oh yeah you're right," he grumbles, sitting next to Lucas. Lucas places an arm around Jungkook, "you remind me of my best friend you know. He used to act exactly like you."

"Used to?" Jungkook questions, turning to face Lucas properly.

"Yeah," Lucas pauses, running a hand through his brown hair, "he passed away two years ago from cancer."

Jungkook's heart drops, and he says, "I'm so sorry...I can only imagine what you went through...you know, losing a best friend." Lucas shakes his head, "it's okay, I mean it happened two years ago and I got over, but talking to you, it brought up so many memories that I didn't know I had."

Jungkook lets out a soft breath, "...we're strangers..but you can still talk to me if you want, I mean what's wrong to letting out some of those bottled up emotions..plus I'm a complete stranger, so I have no right to judge you," Jungkook bargains.

Shrugging Lucas says, "what is there to say?"

Jungkook thinks for a moment, the question baffling himself too. What was there to say? Truly? Jungkook didn't know Lucas, he couldn't think of a way to help him other than offer him a new shoulder to lean on.

"Well, why don't you tell me something that you miss from you best friend?"

Lucas thinks for a moment, his voice cracks when he tries to speak, so he clears his throat, "um, his name was Jay. And he always had a smile on his face. That's how we became friends. I guess I miss his smile because when I saw him smile, I smiled. When he was diagnosed, he always told me, Lucas, smile. Smile even when you're hurting because then it shows that you find the good from the bad," Lucas pauses for a moment, looking at Jungkook. Jungkook nods, and then he decides to continue, his eyes glittering with water.

"I...miss his hugs. When I used to pick him up for school...he used to jump on me and hug me," he clears his throat, a soft smile on his face, "if you knew him, you'd get hugs every single day, and you'd love it, trust me Jungkook."

Lucas doesn't say anything else. And even though Jungkook barely knew Lucas, he saw Lucas as sad and lonely. He was trying to be someone he wasn't...he was trying to be happy. He missed his best friend. And Jungkook knew that feeling all too well. So Jungkook did the best thing he could possibly do all day.

Jungkook slowly falls into Lucas's arms. At first Lucas is stiff, but he slowly wraps his hands around Jungkook's small frame. He sniffs a little bit, not wanting to let the cherry haired boy go. A soft feeling rises in Jungkook's heart. "I know that this doesn't seem like a hug from your best friend which I know you love...but I hope it can do," Jungkook mumbles into Lucas's chest.

Lucas pulls away from Jungkook, their faces close together, he lets out a soft sigh, a warm smile slithering its way onto his lips, "trust me, this helped a lot...thank you." Jungkook doesn't bring himself to move away from Lucas.

Lucas smiles, "you really are–"

The door opens, "what's up bitches, its–" Jin's voice stops in its tracks. Jungkook jumps away from from Lucas, looking at the doorway.

Standing there was Jin, Hoseok, Jimin, Yoongi, Namjoon, Wendy and Taehyung, who didn't have an expression on his straight face, but Jungkook saw his eyes. And his blue eyes explained just how he was feeling.

------

If I'm being honest guys, I've been feeling really lonely lately and idk what to do haha, but we move. I'll end up thugging it out alone.
All of your comments and votes make my day brighter and happier anyways
What does everyone think about Lucas?
Personally, I like Lucas, he's just a little lost sweetheart, a bit like most of us right now.

You guys right now :

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1.1M 71.4K 50
"I'm pretty sure this is illegal, right?" "Yeah, but that's the fun part of it babe." ~ In which the beautiful but not so adventurous Kim Taehyung ge...
332K 29.1K 81
[soulmate au] when you're close enough to your soulmate, you start dreaming about them- more specifically their innermost thoughts, hopes and subcons...
617K 37.6K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...