Taste of Secrets

By twmarvel_obsessor

Y/N Nova Stone is starting her freshmen year at Belgrave University. She had no intention of being apart of t... More

Authors Note + Characters
🐺Season One🐺
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
🐺Season Two🐺
Authors Note + New Characters + Reminders
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
THANK YOU!!!!!
🐺Season Three🐺
Authors Note + Settings + Update
Chapter Thirty
!Update!
Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Eight

1.4K 39 32
By twmarvel_obsessor

Your Nick Name: Y/N/N

I stepped out of my car just as I arrived at Jack's grandfather's house. The moonlight shined down on the surface of my red car. I pulled the sleeves of my sweater down to my palms. I saw that the garage of the Morton's house was wide open, telling me that Jack or his grandfather might be home. 

Alyssa had informed me what had happened between her and Jack, but she didn't really go into detail about what they were after. I just know that they were being chased by some weird chick and that they had an argument. Jack's back was facing me as I stood in the entranceway of the garage. He threw a knife at a picture, landing it right on the man's forehead. "You really don't like the Grand Magus, do you?" I spoke. 

Jack turned around at the sound of my voice. He shook his head and stepped away from the corkboard. I looked around the garage and saw the different knickknacks that aligned the walls. Two recliners were on one side of the room, a tv sitting in front of it. "Alyssa told me what happened," I walked inside. "Did she go into any detail?" Jack asked. "Not much, but I can tell from that look on your face that you need a friend right about now," I replied. 

I sat down on one of the stools in front of a table. Jack smiled and muttered something, but nothing that I could interpret. "I never told you this, but I can trust you," Jack turned to me. I nodded at him, motioning for him to spit it out. Jack thought to himself and let out a heavy sigh. "Edward Coventry," Jack started. 

He looked at my confused expression and let out another heavy sigh. Jack ran a hand through his hair and set down beside me. "Edward Coventry is my father," he confessed. My eyes widened at his claim. Jack stood up from the stool and grabbed a beer from the fridge. He handed me a bottle of water. The two of us walked to the recliners, sitting down. "You can't tell anyone. Especially Randall, I know you tell each other everything," Jack said. 

"I don't tell Randall everything," I claimed. Jack looked at me with raised brows, bringing the beer to his lips. It fell silent for a few more seconds before I spoke up. "I'm not going to tell anyone, I promise," I said, locking my lips with an imaginary key. Jack chuckled at my action and leaned back in the recliner. 

He looked at the television, changing the channel. I took a sip of my water and screwed the cap on. "Well, I should better get going. My mother asked me to meet her at the Temple," I said, sighing. "Another lecture?" Jack replied. I shrugged and stood up from the recliner. He gave me a fist bump and wished me a goodnight. 

~~~~

(The Next Day) 

"So, like a good husband, Orpheus follows Eurydice to Hades to try and save her," Ms. Benson said, leaning against her desk. The power point behind her lit up half of the room. I quickly jotted down some notes as she clicked through the presentation. Jack sat beside me, looking over my shoulder a few times to see what I wrote. I shifted the page to him so he could properly see. 

He quietly thanked me and wrote something down. "Yeah. Orpheus was a fool," he said. Our professor glanced at him, bringing her attention away from the presentation. "It's romantic, chasing your dead wife to hell? If that's not true love, then true love doesn't exist," Brandon countered. I shook my head and looked up from the notebook. "No. He wasn't in love," I joined the conversation. 

Jack held up a fist, I bumped my fist with his. "We have another person," Benson grinned, "Let's go with that. Jack, care to add?" Jack lowered his hand and sat up in his seat. "He felt obligated; what did Eurydice do to earn his sacrifice? Nothing," Jack said. He tapped his pencil on his notebook as he spoke. Benson made the comment that she took off to dance with the Nymphs without saying goodbye. 

I sat up in my seat as I waited to speak. "So, Orpheus wastes all of this time and energy going after her to try and justify their relationship," I said. Ms. Benson nodded. She grabbed her crutches and walked back and forth. "And then he finds Facebook pics of Eurydice and her ex drinking Caipirinhas in Costa Rica. Just like magic," our professor joked. 

The class chuckled at her joke. Brandon mumbled to himself as he looked through his book, thinking that he had missed something. "Even if he got her back, things could never be the same. So, did any of it ever really mean anything?" Jack said. The two of us continued to get looks from the students. Some of them agreed while others kind of stared, very confused. 

"So you wouldn't even try to save the person that you love?" Brandon asked. 

"He's saying that at a certain point, you have to live your own life. Make choices for yourself and not everybody else," I responded. 

~~~~

(Later That Day)

I stood next to Lilith, watching the Knights play Fooseball. I held a drink in one hand and my phone in the other. I was slowly getting used to the taste and smell of beer, but I still didn't like to drink a lot of it. "God dammit, Hamish," Randall said, rolling his eyes as Hamish missed. I helped Lilith move the ball to the other side of the board. "Kyle is a dead werewolf," Jack said, walking in. 

"No, hello?" Randall said, "Rude." Jack and I made eye contact, I thought about our conversation last night. I still couldn't believe that Edward was his Father. "Where have you been?" Lilith asked. 

"I told you I was being hunted by a necromancer," Jack said. "Oh," Lilith never looked up from the board. "Oh?" Jack scoffed, "She could see the future, she had an army of dead bodies, and she was trying to kill me!" 

"Did she get you?" Randall asked, glancing up from the table. Jack crossed his arms and shook his head. "No, she didn't get me," he replied. Randall hit the plastic ball into the goal. He cheered, giving Hamish a high five, but Hamish reached for a fist bump. Hamish's smile faded. 

Hamish grabbed my beer, drinking the rest of it. "I wasn't finished," I said. "Too bad," Hamish said. I rolled my eyes and joined the second game. "Hamish got stabbed by a magic blade," I said, kicking the ball to the side. 

"I know," Jack said. "Wound would not heal," Hamish added, stealing the ball from Lilith. "Thanks to your magic douche posse," she commented. I nudged her shoulder, laughing at her comment. "They're not my magic douche-posse," Jack denied, "and I told you how to fix it."

"You said," Randall sighed, "and I quote: It's brown."

"I can't tell if you guys are mad at me or not," Jack said, stepping back. "We're just happy you're home," Hamish said. I helped Lilith push the ball into the goal, earning us a winning point. 

"Ha! Suck it! Three in a row!" Lilith teased, fist-bumping me. We walked into the living room, and Hamish poured more drinks. Jack sat down on the chair, resting his feet on the table. "Well, for what it's worth, it doesn't sound like The Order knows whose a wolf or how many there are. So we might be safe," Jack said. I sat on the couch with my legs stretched across. Randall walked over to me, glaring at me to move my feet. I rolled my eyes and sat up straight. 

"So, what was this magical misery tour all about?" Randall asked, setting my feet on his lap. Jack explained that Edward had sent him and Alyssa to pick up a device that lets you talk to the dead. Jack claimed that it would help him find someone, according to Alyssa. "Ah, does it work? Who'd you call?" Randall inquired. 

He leaned forward. Hamish walked over to me and handed me another drink. "Your mom?" Lilith spoke. "If it was her, not a version that I want to remember," Jack answered. Hamish waved a hand, telling me to scoot over. I couldn't stop my thoughts from wandering over to the thought of my father. I hadn't known him as well. Part of me wished to speak with him somehow. 

But if it were anything like Jack's mother, maybe the side of my father I'd be speaking to wouldn't be him. During the conversation, I hadn't noticed that I zoned out from thinking about my father's absence. Randall nudged my shoulder with raised brows. He put a hand on my leg.  "You okay?" he asked. His tone was quiet so that the other Knights couldn't hear. "Yeah," I answered.

Randall nodded slowly and brought his attention back to the conversation. He kept his hand on my leg, ensuring that I was alright. "We've all been there," Randall referred back to Alyssa. "You've all lost a Girlfriend after being hunted by a necromancer for a magic phone that calls dead people?" Jack retorted.  

"Yes," Randall replied, nodding. 

"Metaphorically, yes," he added. Hamish sighed and stood up from the couch. "Fear not, the Knights of Saint Christopher have a foolproof cure for a broken heart," Hamish said.

~~~~

(Later, at The Blade and Chalice)

Lilith and Randall sat on either side of me in the booth. The Blade and Chalice were filled with students. There was a faint hum from the music to set the mood. "Day drinking," Hamish said, grinning from ear to ear as he set down the drinks. "This seems like your solution to everything," Jack commented. He grabbed one of the glasses, bringing them to himself. Lilith handed me one as well. 

"To Kyle," Randall raised his glass. Lilith shook her head and leaned against the wall beside the window. Randall rolled his eyes at the Knights' reactions. "Guys, he was a knight.  Even if it was only for five minutes, and he sacrificed himself for us," he said. "That was Cannon Fodder," Lilith corrected. A couple more seconds passed, and we all agreed to raise our glasses to something else. 

The four of them winced, bringing their hands to their heads. Jack looked around the bar. "Magic?" I asked. "We just sat down," Lilith groaned. "We need to keep it on a low profile. Unless we find out how they're hunting us. No unnecessary transformation, understood?" We all looked to Lilith at Hamish's order. She furrowed her brows at our glances. "You kind of have a reputation for killing a lot of-" I said. 

Lilith glared at me with her arms crossed. I stopped my sentence and took a sip of my drink. I told the Knights that I was going to run to the restroom real quick. On my way to the back of the bar, I walked past a girl with brown hair and glasses. She gave me a friendly smile and went back to looking at her computer. 

I shook away the weird feeling I got when we made eye contact. I stepped into the restroom. To my surprise, when my hand grabbed the stall's doorknob, it came right off. It seemed pretty tight when I opened it to get in. I quickly set it next to the sink and washed my hands. There was a large dent in the side. 

As I walked out, I saw Randall talking to the brunette, her computer pushed to the side. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as a slight jump of jealousy occurred inside of me. I sat on the other side of Lilith, my shoulder hitting the purple wall. "Is someone going to explain to me why Randall is over there?" I took a sip of my drink. 

"Is somebody jealous?" Jack teased. "Oh no! Please don't tell me you like Randall," Hamish groaned. "I do not like him," I denied. They looked at me, not believing me one bit. Lilith continued to explain what she was talking about before I came back. She said that the show was about a mom, but this time she was in high school. 

"And her and the guy from the robot show, they're killing people, but it's funny," Lilith finished. Jack and I made the comment that it didn't even sound real. "No, it's real, I swear," she claimed. She accidentally hit a guy walking past us. "It was him," I pointed to Hamish. "Keep your hands to yourself, bitch," the guy spat. 

(Start song) Lilith stood up from the booth, disregarding me and Hamish's pleas to leave it alone. "You're gonna look real cute when I turn that wallet chain into a leach and make you roll over," she said. Hamish pulled Lilith, putting his hands forward. "Let's take a breath. Y'know, there's only one way this pulls out. She insults you, and then I try to talk everyone down, but you get insulted by something I say and then threaten me. Then, she'll insult you again, and you'll do something stupid like swing at me," Hamish spoke. 

"She punches you, your pals step up, the whole place jumps off, and someone calls that cops. So, what if...instead of all that, we buy you guys a round and call it a night?" Hamish finished.  The guy stepped forward, threatening Hamish to call him stupid again. And then, of course, Lilith made the comment that the guy's aggression is a sign of a micropenis. "Ha! micro penis," Jack chuckled. 

The guy swung his fist at Lilith. She quickly ducked from the punch and grabbed his shoulders, kicking him in the groin. He fell back and looked at Lilith, furious. He quickly backed up and grabbed Jack by the collar, punching him in the face. I stood to the side, not really sure what to do with myself. I glanced at Lilith and saw her struggling with one of the guys. 

I rushed over and held down his shoulder as Lilith punched him in the back of the head. She smirked at me, her silver eyes showing. 

"Lilith, no!" Hamish shouted. "Well, that's boring," she responded. Her eyes went back to brown. I noticed the guy from earlier walking over to me and Lilith. I went to punch him, but someone grabbed my shoulder and pulled me away. Whoever the stranger was had the upper hand. Their fist collided with my eye before I could duck out of the way. I lost my balance for a second before someone grabbed my waist and pulled me out of the bar.

I squirmed around from the stranger's grip. "Y/N! Y/N/N! It's me!" Randall said, his hands still around my waist. He set me down on the sidewalk with his hands now on my shoulders. Randall hissed when he caught sight of the black bruise forming around my eye. "Jesus, Y/N," he said, cupping the side of my face. "That looks like it hurts," a voice said. (Stop Song)

The brunette girl from earlier stood behind me. I looked over my shoulder, Randall's hands still on me. "Ruby," she introduced, "I worked with your father in Denver." A smile broke out on my face at the sudden mention of my father. Randall took his hands off my shoulders, setting one hand on my back. "Randall here tells me that you want to be a Medical Assistant. We have an internship at the lab I work at," Ruby said. 

My smile stayed on my face, realizing that I was inches away from my dream job, but the only thing I couldn't comprehend was that she worked with my father. "I would love to," I said. Ruby grinned at my response. She fixed the strap of her brown bag. She told both me and Randall that she could give us a tour of the lab. "That would be awesome. Just let me tell-" I began, but Ruby interrupted me. 

"We should probably go now. The internship is only offered for such a little amount of time," she said. However, that was the only thing I heard before everyone went blank. 

~~~~

(The Next Day. Third-person View)

Jack Morton watched Alyssa storm away from their conversation. He was waiting for Y/N so they could walk to Ethics together, but she ended up not meeting as planned. Jack looked around the sidewalk and never saw Y/N. He sighed heavily and decided to head to Ethics by himself, thinking that maybe she just happened to go there already. His phone began ringing from his pocket. 

"Have you heard from Randall or Y/N? " Hamish asked.  "No. I'm supposed to meet Y/N, but I haven't seen her," Jack responded, "Actually, I haven't heard or seen from either of them since last night." Hamish told him to meet him and Lilith at the bar. Jack hung up the phone and quickly made his way over to the bar. He entered the car just in time to see a waitress set two cups of coffee for Hamish and Lilith. 

Lilith waved her hand, motioning Jack over. He softly smiled and joined them at the table. "Anything from Randall or Y/N?" he asked. "Nothing. None of the bar staff remember seeing them after the fight," Hamish informed. Jack sighed and sank back in his chair. "What about Y/N?" Jack asked. Lilith shrugged her shoulders, taking a sip of the coffee. 

She stated that Y/N was right beside her, and then she wasn't. Jack looked around the bar to see if, by some miracle, their friends would pop up. "This isn't like them," Hamish paused, "You don't think?" It took Jack and Lilith a second, but they both scrunched up their faces at the thought. Lilith shook her head, downing the rest of her coffee. "Focus! I don't want to think about my friends' sex life," Jack said. 

They thought about the girl that Randall was talking to. Hamish made the comment that nobody knows her. "Did you try their phones?" Jack asked. "No answer for both. Y/N's usually good about answering," Lilith said. Jack thought that maybe they were asleep or something. He reached into his pocket to try and give them a call. When Jack called Randall, they could hear Randall's ringtone. 

Lilith furrowed her brows and stood up from the chair, stepping to the side. She picked up Randall's phone to see Jack's profile pop up. "You know, I heard the sound of magic this morning," Hamish informed. "Me too," Lilith nodded. "It woke me up," Jack said, dropping his phone into his pocket. A waitress walked over and picked up the two coffee cups. 

She walked over to the bar, setting them into the sink. Hamish and Lilith agreed to check out Y/N's dorm and Randall's usual hangout spots. "I'll check the temple. Make sure Randall's not there," Jack said. He walked over to the exit and spotted something at the doorway. "Huh," he mumbled. "What?" Lilith said, walking over to her fellow knight. 

Jack had picked up the blue threaded bracelet that Y/N normally wore. He flipped it over, looking for anything weird about it. "She wears it everywhere," Hamish said, "Check back at the Den when you're done searching."

~~~~

(Later. Third Person View)

Hamish and Lilith were lucky enough to get into Y/N's dorm building. Lilith looked both ways before picking the lock of Y/N's dorm room. Hamish ushered her in, closing the door behind them. "Her room's nice," Lilith commented, picking up a picture of Y/N and her mother. "It's a college girl's bedroom. Of course, it's going to be nice," Hamish remarked. He then noticed Y/N's phone lying on the bed. 

"That would explain why she's not answering," Hamish said, lifting the phone. He flipped over the phone to check the battery. "Dead," he said. Hamish set it on the desk, putting it into the charger. Lilith looked around the room and sighed at the bright colors. "Again, girls dorm room," Hamish said in response to her sigh. 

He spotted Y/N's weapon sitting next to the futon. He walked over and picked it up. "Her bow and arrow," Hamish said, "Why would she leave without it?" Lilith shrugged. The silent gap reoccurred. "I know you're worried about her," Hamish broke the silence. 

"She's probably one of my best friends," Lilith mentioned, "I'm just happy that I finally have a female friend." Lilith looked underneath the Y/N's bed. "She's a good Knight," Hamish complimented, looking behind the closet door. "Better than Cassie?" Lilith stood up from the floor. 

"Just as equal as Cassie," Hamish said.

(At The Lab - Third Person View)

Both Y/N and Randall had ended up in a lab after Ruby had captured them. Randall was put into a separate room as Y/N, and he wasn't too happy. He hit the metal door with all his strength. He looked through the small glass window at the top. "Hey, anyone here!" he shouted. 

"Hey!" he hit the door again, "Get me the fuck out of here!" He groaned in frustration and stepped away from the door, slipping his sweatshirt off. Randall transformed into Greybeard and hit his full body against the door. He fell to the floor with a thump. 

Hemmings and a young scientist stood in a control room, watching Randall Carpio and Y/N Stone in separate cells. Y/N laid unconscious on a hospital bed. Her wrist was chained to the sidebar of the bed. Her chest rose up and down with every breath she took. Hemmings shifted his eyes to Randall, who was now getting up from the floor, still transformed. 

"Is that?" Marty pointed to the screen. Hemmings looked at Marty and grinned. He nodded when the realization hit the young scientist. "A werewolf. Indeed it is," Hemmings said, looking back at the screen. Marty looked at the screens in shock but a hint of excitement as well. "And the girl?" he questioned. Hemmings' smirk grew. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 443 31
Rene Adams. A student at Belgrave University. Her adventurous soul winds herself into an unpleasant situation. She finds the hide of Alpha that had b...
437K 26.4K 41
|2022 WATTY'S SHORTLIST| HER WISH CAN SET HIM FREE. When college student Ella Carrington finds an ancient locket and a gorgeous man literally falls...
3.3K 68 12
A short story about the Knights of St. Christopher when another set of Knights turn up. Who are these new Knights? Why are they here? Are they danger...
15.2K 220 31
Y/n LaRosa, the daughter of Isabella LaRosa and Bobby Singer. She's a dragon shifter like her mother and a hunter like her father. Y/n meets the Winc...