Of Arranged Marriages and But...

By moon_rose_petals

She was the most brilliant witch of her time. Had the most powerful wizard as her best friend. And was loved... More

What's going on?
I have to what?
Oh dear...
Why him?
A little afternoon conversation?
Where home should be?
And I will cry you a river...
Just a bit of a misunderstanding is all...
Every groom's dream, Quidditch tryouts, and in-laws
Some truth, Violence and lots of questions...
Reasons, Pheromones and so much built up tension...
Love's got nothing to do with Lust and Seduction...
Unwanted attention, a simple kiss and more problems...
If this is George, and he's Fred... who's he?
The reality of it all comes down to this...
Semi truce, some hope and then there's falling...
The perfect dress, the unexpected couple and the unstoppable desires.
You are mine...
More information then I care to know...
Just Stressed, random things and wrong words...
There's the strange encounter, the wedding and the on growing attraction
What the Latin words means...
Luna's wedding, first fight and more unwanted attention...
No longer a Granger...
When the two worlds finally collide...
Confessions...
Being Pregnant, being mostly pregnant and being slightly pregnant...

My best friend, her hero, his kindness and Stockholm?

4.1K 82 6
By moon_rose_petals

I never meant to slap him after that last comment, he only spoke the truth to my question but it had been done. I didn't need him thinking just because his body was controlling him that it was okay with me. It wasn't. I wasn't ready and now after this I wasn't sure if I'd ever be ready. I wanted to scream, I wanted to cry but most of all I wanted to just be a normal eighteen year old falling in love. Like that's ever going to happen. Your husband to be doesn't seem interested in that sort of thing. He already gave his heart to one Miss Angelina Johnson. You don't have a chance in hell, Granger. Sighing I went to sit outside in the garden. We had left for the burrow without a word to each other after that incident.

"Hermione is everything all right?" I heard the deep voice of one of my best friends. I couldn't tell him. I didn't have to turn around to see that it was Harry. Even if I wanted to I couldn't burden him with my troubles he had gone through so much and suffer the most, I wanted to shield him now as much as possible from the bitterness of my life.

"Everything's fine. I just wanted to get some air." I half lied. I did need the cool air but everything was shot to hell. He took a seat beside me, taking my hand in his.

"You're a bad liar Hermione, but I know well enough not to pry. Though your sadness I can feel and it's eating away at me." Harry spoke softly; I couldn't look up at him. I knew the moment that I did. I would break down and cry. He squeezed my hand giving me comfort and I laid my head down on his shoulder.

"Harry how is it that you ended up with the person you love?" I asked still unable to look at him.

"To be honest Hermione, I have no idea. I guess for the first time in my life something actually went right." He answered.

"I'm sure that you won't feel that way once you hear our sweet Ginny snoring." I teased to lighten our mood a bit.

"I'll survive that." He chuckled forgetting for the moment that it was me he was trying to comfort.

"Oh no, Harry do you think that Ron will be the best quidditch player in the world now that your wish has come true?" I laughed as I remembered what Ron had said the first time we found out about the law.

"He did say that didn't he?" Harry burst into laughter as he recalled that day as well. We continued on about any topic that came to our heads and I was grateful that he didn't try to solve my problems for me as Ron would have once he found out that I had been hurt.

Dinner was going to begin soon and then I would be back in there being ignored by my husband to be, my emotions would be oblivious to everyone around me but Harry. Yet this was not the time to lose my composure. I was Hermione Granger. I will survive this entire thing if only to come out the loser.

"You don't have to be strong right now Hermione, I'm right here. If the tears need to be shed, let them fall." Harry encouraged with his hand still interlocked with mine.

"I can't, I just can't Harry. If I do I know that you find a way to make it right and there'll be awkwardness between everybody." I replied still staring out into the starless night.

"Hermione, I'm know that Ginny hasn't told you this yet but I can't be your hero anymore. I'm hers. I can be on loan for awhile but I don't know if that'll help you solve all your problems." Harry joked but it was enough for me to look at him. "There's those big brown eyes I wanted to see." He smiled at me taking his free hand to brush the strands of hair out of my eyes.

"Famous Harry Potter is going to be a groom soon." I changed the subject so that the conversation was less about me. "Are you nervous?"

"Yes...but you are not allowed to change the subject without the other person getting tired of it as well." He was fast and had caught on.

"Harry are you out here?" We heard Ginny's voice coming from the door as it opened the redhead spotted me and Harry sitting very close.

"Hey Ginny." I waved with my free hand seeing Harry refused to let go of the other.

"What's going on?" Ginny asked with her hands on her hips.

"It's her pheromones." Harry teased which got him a disapproving look from Ginny.

"All right clown boy very funny, but the two of you better come in dinner's starting." She swung her hair over her shoulders and stormed back into the house.

"Mental, that one." Me and Harry quoted Ron laughing. We inhale the air slightly then stood up. I was following him inside when he stopped shortly making me run into his back. He turned and pulled me into a hug.

"Just let me be your hero this once okay?" He whispered into my ear. When I didn't answer he pulled away. He had just stepped inside when I took hold of his arm.

"Thanks Harry." The smile he gave me was so warm, and that handsome face had been in need of it for awhile now. Harry never did realize that he was able to charm people with that smile but it had been very well hidden until just recently.

"Why are you two just standing there? Come sit down." Ron's voice broke our eye contact. We followed his order and took the nearest available seats. "If I didn't know them so well they seem like a couple in love or something." Ron said to Katie Bell who sat beside him.

"They would make a good couple. Their kids would be really gorgeous I'll bet." Katie laughed.

"Thanks Katie." Ginny had taken a seat beside Harry now.

"She's just being honest Ginny, that's all. Oh gross you're my sister I can't picture it." George spoke only to turn his head away after setting himself up for that last comment. No one would get use to the idea of someone they love being intimate. I took this moment to look around the long table. Mr. Weasley was at the head of the table and beside him was an empty seat which would be for Mrs. Weasley. On the other side was Bill and of course his beautiful wife Fleur. Beside the empty chair was Professor Lupin then there was Tonks. Across from Tonks were Charlie and his bride Alicia. Across from them were George and Katie. Right beside Alicia was Ginny and Harry. Of course Ron was right in front of him and Lavender was in front of me. The last seat was to be occupied by my soon to be husband, it was the end. He would be facing his father. Yet his presence was absence from the table.

"He's in the living room making a fellytone call." Ron turns to look at me.

"It's telephone, honestly Ronald." I smiled as he was still unsure of the muggle's names for things.

"I thought I told him no business call before dinner." Mrs. Weasley walked in placing a plate full of food onto the table.

"Its important mum, were expanding our business." George spoke which got him a hard glare. "All right hold your knickers I'll go get him." With that said he left.

"Hermione next week is Harry's official first game of the season, well you be joining us?" Ron asked.

"I've got loads of studying to do. I'll try but I'm falling behind on the mending of bones and such part." I answered.

"At least you get the chance. I'll be at Hogwarts bored out of my mind." Ginny said bitterly.

"Ginny just tell the school that your husband is Harry Potter. And that he's playing for the Ireland team. They're bound to let you." Ron said leaning back into his chair.

"It's not the school I'm worried about, its mum." They both turn to look at their mother then looked back at each other.

"We'll think of something." Ron shook his head as it seemed any plan now would be hopeless if their mother found out. As the two of them carried on I felt Harry's eyes on me.

"I'm fine Harry really." I whispered so I didn't draw anyone's attention. Just as I saw Harry open his mouth to say something he was interrupted by the blonde girl in front of us.

"Hermione are you really getting your witches licenses for St. Mungo's hospital?" She asked.

"Yes, I am. Did Ron tell you?" I questioned looking over at the redhead who was still plotting with Ginny.

"Yes. He's very excited for you. Is that all right that he told me?" She seemed uncertain now if I was angry or if she shouldn't have said anything at all.

"Its fine, it's not like it was a secret anyways." I smiled trying to make her feel more at ease.

"Oh I'm so glad, because if it was, I would hate for you to be angry at Ron." She sighed pressing her hand to her chest.

"WE DID IT. WE DID IT." Two voices filled the room. Everyone looked up to see George and Fred shouting as they raced into the kitchen.

"You got the offer?" Katie stood up from her seat.

"Stockholm here we come." George sang out as Katie pushed out of her chair to run and embrace him, he was only too happy to oblige as he stood there holding out his arms for her. They were falling in love and didn't know it yet. I smiled at that if anyone deserves a wonderful marriage it was those two.

"You are going to Sveden then?" Fleur asked looking up from where she sat.

"Yes we are going to Sweden." George answered still hugging Katie. What? They were going to Sweden? George and Fred? How is it that I had no idea that they were leaving? Of course it had something to do with the lack of communication between me and Fred. I looked up and saw that he was leaning over Tonks chair talking to Professor Lupin.

"Congratulations." Harry stood up to shake George's hand.

"Were sorry mate we're going to be missing your opening game." George apologized after taking Harry's hand. If they were going to miss Harry's game that meant they were leaving soon.

"When do you guys leave?" For the first time I heard Alicia speak.

"The day after Fred and Hermione's wedding." George answered.

"WHAT?" I found myself bolting out of my chair. What happened to the honeymoon? Not that I would be looking forward to it but I wanted to consider it as a possibility. What was this? I hadn't even had time to buy a dress and they were going on a business trip.

"All right everyone please sit down and stop this business talk." She gave Fred and George a rude look. "Let's all just enjoy the meal." Through out dinner our eyes never met once. Guess he's still mad about the slap. I thought as I watch Lavender make conversations with him. I heard the sound of his soft chuckled every now and then, like he was enjoying her company rather than mine. Ron however was busy eating and talking with Ginny to noticed anything Harry was shouting across the table to professor Lupin about is upcoming game. I was totally isolated.

Why didn't he tell me about this business deal? I never heard him chuckled so warmly towards anyone in a long time. Why was his behavior towards me so aggressive? To everyone else it was pleasant. It's because you're going to be his wife soon and he has to spend his life being with someone he doesn't want. I scorned myself again. He does want you though, if only the physical part. I would hate that because in so many ways I was a bit selfish when it came to having something and I wanted the relationship to come with everything. But he was only willing to give me half of it, the rest he would lock inside himself.

I will not cry. I will not cry. I chanted to myself. I placed my fork down and sat there staring at Mr. Weasley who seemed to be in the middle of a wonderful story. Placing my hands on my lap, I continued to hear Lavender chatting with Fred, who would have been too dumb to realize that she was actually flirting with him. Hermione Granger don't tell me you're jealous? The voice inside my head teased. I am not. I responded. There was no way. How could I be? When the person sitting beside me wasn't even mine. On contract we would be belong with each other. Through reality we weren't even friends. I wanted to leave the table and go stand outside once again. I just wanted to run and run until I was too exhausted to think. Hermione Granger too tired to think. What was happening to me?

I was emotionally drained and wanted nothing more to do then shut the world away. Then I felt a cold hand grab for mine, it startled me at first as I looked down to see his massive hand interlocking his fingers with my fingers underneath the table. I looked up at him but he had his face towards Lavender. So many questions where forming in my head, but the one that stuck out was why was he holding my hand? What was wrong with him? Nobody knew or saw this display of affection from Fred Weasley but it was there. He didn't pull away as I place my other hand on top of our already connected hands. I found myself looking down at the closeness of our grip and smiled at that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 53.3K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
383K 23.2K 82
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
153K 3.2K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
850K 10.8K 44
You're rafe Cameron's girlfriend. He's controlling, manipulative, and insanely jealous over you. (13/01/24) #1-Rafecameron (12/03/24) #1-Outerbanks ...