DVNT (deviant) (RWBY OC story)

By GrimstoneRX1300

Two grandsons of Sparda, a daughter of a witch, and a descendant of the God of War. These four are Beacon's... More

Characters (Updated)
PROLOGUE: DETERMINATION
PROLOGUE: VENGANCE
PROLOGUE: NEMESIS
PROLOGUE: TRIUMPHENT
Chapter 1: MEET AND GREET
Chapter 2: INITIATION OF LIMBO
Chapter 3: FIRST DAY
Chapter 4: FASHION AND SYMMETRY
Chapter 5: A FACE FROM THE PAST
Chapter 6: JÖTUNHEIM
Chapter 7: THE CHILD
Chapter 8: THE RETURN (Vol. 1 end)
Chapter 9: ADJUSTING BACK
Chapter 10: THE STRAY
Chapter 11: WITCHES AND FAUNUS
Chapter 12: TEAM DUAL
Chapter 13: INFO GATHER
Chapter 14: THE WOLF'S SEMBLANCE
Chapter 15: DANCE, DANCE
Chapter 16: FIELD TRIP
Chapter 17: BEST OF THE BEST (Vol. 2 end)
Chapter 18: VYTAL FESTIVAL TOURNAMENT
Chapter 19: FATE FAMILY BRAWL
Chapter 20: LESSONS LEARNED
Chapter 21: FALL
Chapter 22: BATTLE FOR BEACON
Chapter 23: THE NEW GOD OF WAR (Vol. 3 end)
Chapter 24: BROKEN (NEMESIS)
Chapter 26: BROKEN (TRIUMPH)
Chapter 27: BROKEN (DETERMINATION)
Chapter 28: FAMILY
Chapter 29: REUNIONS AND LESSONS
Chapter 30: A MUCH NEEDED TALK
Chapter 31: ECHOES OF AN OLD LIFE
Chapter 32: NO SAVE HAVEN (Vol. 4 end)
Chapter 33: WELCOME TO HAVEN
Chapter 34: DREAD IN THE AIR
Chapter 35 LIGHTING THE FIRE
Chapter 36: KNOWN BY ITS SONG
Chapter 37: REST AND RESOLUTIONS
Chapter 38: ALONE TOGETHER
Chapter 39: TRUE COLORS
Chapter 40: THE MORE THE MERRIER
Chapter 41: ANGELS SCREAM
Chapter 42: DEVILS CRY (Vol. 5 end)
Chapter 43: ARGUS LIMITED
Chapter 44: UNCOVERED
Chapter 45: ALONE IN THE WOODS
Chapter 46: THE SPARDA TWINS
Chapter 47: A NEW PLAN
Chapter 48: STEALING FROM THE ELDERLY
Chapter 49: SEEING RED
Chapter 50: OUR WAY (Vol. 6 end)
Chapter 51: THE GREATEST KINGDOM
Chapter 52: A NEW APPROACH
Chapter 53: THE OP TEAM
Chapter 54: AN UNEXPECTED REUNION
Chapter 55: TEAM DUAL REVISED
Chapter 56: A NIGHT OFF
Chapter 57: WORST CASE SCENARIO
Chapter 58: CORDIALLY INVITED
Chapter 59: OUT IN THE OPEN
CHAPTER 60: THE ENEMY WE TRUST (Vol. 7 end)
Chapter 61: DIVIDE
Chapter 62: REFUGE
Chapter 63: STRINGS
Chapter 64: FAULT
Chapter 65: MEMORIES
Chapter 66: REUNION
Chapter 67: WAR
Chapter 68: DARK
Chapter 69: WITCH
Chapter 70: ULTIMATUM
Chapter 71: RISK
Chapter 72: CREATION
Chapter 73: WORTHY
Chapter 74: THE FINAL WORD (Vol. 8 end)
OVA: ORIGINS
Chapter 75: A PLACE OF PARTICULAR CONCERN
Chapter 76: ALTERCATION AT THE AUSPICIOUS AUCTION
Chapter 77: A WORD WITH FATE
Chapter 78: A CAT MOST CURIOUS
Chapter 79: THE PARFAIT PREDICAMENT
Chapter 80: THE DRAGON AND THE KNIGHT
Chapter 81: PERILS OF PAPER HOUSES
Chapter 82: TEA AMIDST TERRIBLE TROUBLE
Chapter 83: THE TREE OF ASCENSION
Chapter 84: CYCLE OF CORRUPTION
Chapter 85: DVNT VS RWBY
Chapter 86: THE NIGHTMARE ENDS (Vol. 9 end)

Chapter 25: BROKEN (VENGEANCE)

691 10 8
By GrimstoneRX1300

The scene opens up to show Weiss on her way to see her father. She recently had a conversation with her brother Whitely, and even though she didn't do it, she wanted to strangle him. She arrives to her father's study where he's having a heated discussion with Ironwood.

Jacques: I'm not talking about the good of my company; I'm talking about the good of Atlas, our entire Kingdom!

Ironwood: that is a load of crap and you know it.

Jacques: I beg your pardon?!

Ironwood: Jacques, will you please, just hear me out?

Jacques: you are a trusted friend and ally to this family, James, but what you're suggesting is absurd!

Ironwood: you are blowing it out of proportion.

Jacques: the council will never agree to it!

Ironwood: you forget, I hold two seats on the council.

Jacques: your Dust embargo has already cost me millions! I can promise you, I have not forgotten!

Ironwood: so this is about you.

Weiss has come into the room, and she watches to two men awkwardly while the door shuts behind her. She startles at the sound while James and Jacques turn and look at her.

Ironwood: (bowing) Miss Schnee! My apologies. I should have been gone by now.

Weiss: it-it's okay.

Ironwood: we'll continue this at another time.

Jacques: indeed. Klein can show you out.

Ironwood: don't worry, I know the way.

As the General heads the exit, Weiss asks him something.

Weiss: General, has there been any updates to Vali?

Ironwood: I'm afraid Mr. Branwen's condition hasn't changed yet. But don't worry, we'll let you know if anything happens. And remember, you'll always have a home at Atlas Academy, Miss Schnee. We'll be back in session before you know it.

Weiss: thank you. (Ironwood exists)

Jacques: did you forget your manners while you were away?

Weiss: (annoyed then calms down) no, Father. I'm sorry.

Jacques: can you believe there are still people in the world that blame Atlas for what happened to Beacon? To Vale?

Weiss: well, they weren't there.

Jacques: it's a wonder Ironwood wasn't stripped of his rank.I suppose the council trusts him, for better or worse.

Weiss: I trust him.

Jacques: (sighing and turning toward his daughter) thanks to him, Atlas is forbidden from exporting Dust to other Kingdoms. "A precautionary measure", as he puts it, "until we're certain no one is going to declare war". How anyone could possibly find that to be sound logic is beyond me.

Weiss: ...

Jacques: which is why the Schnee Dust Company will be holding a charity concert in the coming weeks.

Weiss looks up at him in surprise.

Jacques: we need to show the people of Remnant that we are on their side. That we are all victims of the fall of Beacon.

Weiss: that's... wonderful news.

Jacques: I know. And I think it would make a lot of people happy if you performed at the event.

Weiss: excuse me?

Jacques: many forget that you were there. My own daughter, a Schnee, on the grounds, defending another Kingdom! We need to remind them! And we need to show them that the Schnee family is just as strong as ever!

Weiss: are you asking me if I'd like to sing, or telling me?

Jacques leans forward and makes a tent with the fingers of his hand as he meaningfully gazes at Weiss.

Jacques: I think it would make a lot of people happy.

Weiss: (sighs) I'll start practicing.

Jacques: that's... my girl.

Weiss shuts the door to her father's office and turns to find the butler waiting for her with a tray.

Klein: hot coffee, Miss Schnee? I always find he keeps his study dreadfully cold.

Weiss: (accepts the mug) thank you, Klein.

Klein: you know what I think?

Klein lifts the tray to cover his face before dropping it dramatically as he leans forward toward Weiss making a less-than-formal face, his brown eyes having turned red.

Klein: (in an accent with a gruff voice) I think it's to balance out all his hot air.

Weiss' eyes widen in delight and she turns and looks over her shoulder at the closed office door. She turns back to Klein with a giggle.

Weiss: Klein!

The two giggle together before he fakes a sneeze, and his eyes turn blue.

Klein: (in a high-pitched accent) uh, apologies, madam.

Klein pretends to sneeze again. Weiss giggles merrily, hiding her smile behind her hand. Klein wiggles his mustache and looks up. His eyes turn yellow.

Klein: Ah, there's my happy little snowflake.

Weiss breathes a sigh that releases some weight off her shoulders, and she gives the butler a genuine grin.

Weiss: thank you, Klein. (Thoughts) I think you'd like him, Vali. Please come back.

Speaking of him, said Devil was currently lying in a medical bed at a special medical facility. His body was covered in bandages and the broken Yamato was still in his chest. They attempted to remove it, but every time they tried, the sword would go deeper and deeper into his heart. Luckily, his demon side was all that was keeping him alive, but he still didn't wake up.

But little did any of them knew, that his body was healing, but his soul and mind were going on a journey. In Vali's mind, he was falling down with dozens of other people screaming and he soon lands in front of his family home before waking up.

Vali: (groaning) oh, my head. What happened? (Stands up and sees where he is) oh terrific, I'm back in this damnation.

Getting a better look, he sees that sure enough, he was back in Hell. It felt different this time for him. He walks to the house and sees that demons immediately started spawning. He reaches for Yamato, but sees that it's gone.

Vali: shit.

Reacting fast, he switches to Beowulf and takes the demons out. As he moves further away from the area and sees people suffering more and more, he finds himself against two larger demons. He attempts to go Devil Trigger, but something was wrong. The energy showed briefly, but there was no change before it flickered away.

Vali: what? My Devil Trigger... I can feel it, but...why can't I transform?

Seeing that he doesn't have it, he had decided to fight without it. It wasn't too concerning, however, because Vali spent his whole life trained to not rely on one skill. He takes out those two demons after some time, and runs further and further until he finally has an area to catch his breath.

Vali: I don't understand. Yamato's missing, my Devil Trigger won't activate, and I'm slower now. Does this mean, I really am dead?

???: more like you're on the boarder line.

Vali turns around to see a man in a suit, dark hair and eyes, and he spoke in a British accent.

Vali: I know you. You're Lucifer Morningstar, the guy that owns that nightclub.

Lucifer: quite right, Vali Branwen, but I think you'll find I'm (flashes his Devil face) more than that.

Vali: (puts it together) you're Satan himself.

Lucifer: yep. What, we're you expecting my real form to be with horns and a tail?

Vali: no, that's clearly more Hollywood. (Beat) what did you mean when you said I'm in the boarder line?

Lucifer: ah yes, about that, what's the last thing you remember?

Vali: I...was at Beacon... Grimm were everywhere, people tried to get out, and... (remembers Salem)(growls) Salem! She attacked my team and killed Dean!

Lucifer: you truly believe that? If your grandfather is Sparda, and your father is Dante, then who's to say he's truly dead? But it brings us to here and now. You see, currently, your soul is having trouble deciding whether or not to leave into the afterlife. Admittedly, it could've wound up anywhere, but it looks like you're holding on to a lot of guilt, boy. Why is that.

Vali: (without realizing it) I need more power to get stronger.

Lucifer: I see, a Vergil 2.0 in the making. But, there's more to it, isn't there? You looking to protect something. Or rather... someone.

Vali doesn't respond, as Lucifer chuckles and takes him to his personal night club.

Vali: I don't drink.

Lucifer: that's fine. Demon's can't get drunk anyways.

Vali: speaking of that, what's going on with me? I can feel my power, but why can't I access it?

Lucifer: ah, that's where it gets interesting. You see, you're slow because you're stuck between life and death, your sword, Yamato, was shattered and stabbed in your chest. And, interesting fact about that sword, with a special incantation, it has the power to separate man and demon.

Vali: so, I lost my demon side?

Lucifer: it gets more interesting. Since the sword's destroyed, the magic doesn't fully work. You have the opportunity to gain the power you seek, and as a bonus, return to the real world.

Vali: what's the catch?

Lucifer: the catch is, you have to complete a special challenge. You see, in Hell, there's a special kind of prison I have where you relive your greatest failure over and over. The only way you can escape, is if you find it to forgive yourself. If you can't-

Vali: I remain here.

Lucifer: exactly! So, what does a grandson of Sparda plan to do now?

Vali looks down to see his amulet's broken from Yamato, but there were things he had to get back for. His friends and team, his team, stoping Salem, and Weiss.

Vali: show me this prison. I'm done running from the past.

Lucifer: (grins) that's the spirt! Come along, the sooner we do it, the better.

The two then leave, and Vali's biggest regret awaited him. He had a feeling what it was, but the only way to know for sure was to face it.

Author's note: back in Hell again.
This is based off of Vergil's Downfall, but it'll be very different from it.
Jacques Schee's a fucking prick! If you've read my KH3 story, you know how much I despise this man. He's story will play the same like in the show, but I have a different ending in mind for him. And it does involve bullets.
With the sword getting closer in the heart, it's based off of the bit from Hellboy 2 the Golden Army.
I haven't seen a lot of Lucifer, but I like how he's portrayed there, and the prison design on the greatest regret/failure mechanic. It's also based off of Bl4ckHunter's "Apocalypse Incoming" story. If you're a DC comics fan, and want to see a better portray of the CW DC universe, go check him out on Fanfic.net.

Next chapter: a slow recovery

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 360 57
A young hero, an exalted heiress, a troubled rogue, a party girl, and a knight. These are the five members of RWBY, a team brought together and train...
8.6K 114 15
A boy bound by his hate for Huntsman and Grimm is offered an once in a lifetime opportunity to become a huntsman. Will he meet new people to call his...
298 4 10
Catalina, burdened by her family's legacy of renowned hunters, embarks on a journey with her cousin and friends to become a skilled huntress. The sto...
219 26 26
In the world of Remnant, a place where science and fairy tales coexist, human civilization is pledged by deadly monsters known as the Grimm. For a ti...