Time Together // Kagehina

By idontwantone21

They play volleyball together. They never really thought about anything else when they were with each other... More

Ch 1
Ch 2
Ch 3
Ch 4
Ch 5
Ch 6
Ch 7
Ch 8
Ch 10
Ch 11
PICS: not chapter
Ch 12

Ch 9

251 10 5
By idontwantone21

Kageyama's POV

A little while later, we both finished up our homework and put our stuff away. Before Mei could even start talking, Hinata spoke again.

"Since you're staying over do you want me to get you some clothes? I think I have some that you lent me that one time." I nodded, remembering that one time he came over to my house without extra clothes so I lent him some of mine. He walked over to his closet and took out a T-shirt with a volleyball on it and threw it to me.

"Ooo you guys are having a sleepover! Can I stay too?" Mei asked, once again trying to spend more time with Hinata.

"Umm... it's a school night... Anyway, I don't have pants since I only took a shirt and a hoodie from you. Do you mind sleeping in boxers?"

"Nah I don't mind. Wanna go pepper outside?" I asked, wanting to get away from Mei.

"YES! That's a great idea! We're both wearing our stuff from practice so we can just go now!" He said grabbing a volleyball from his floor and heading to the door. I stood up and walked to of his room and down the stairs.

"I-I'll go with you guys!" Mei yelled chasing after us. Hinata grimaced (she didn't see it though) and rolled his eyes. It was dark when we got outside, but we could see each other because of the faint light from the moon and the street lamps.

"Sorry" Hinata whispered "I didn't know she was going to be this..."

"Persistent?" I whispered back.

"More like annoying." We both laughed. He tossed the ball to me and we started to play. We got into a rhythm quickly just like in practice. I tossed, he hit, I received, then he tossed, and I hit. We had this rhythm going for a long time before Mei ran and stole the ball as Hinata was about to set it to me. She giggled and looked up at Hinata. Little did she know, she had just made the biggest mistake of her life. The only person who had the balls to take a ball away from Hinata was Tsukishima.

"What are you doing." Hinata asked quietly (silent rage is the scariest type of rage).

"I just wanted to play with you too." She said confidently. Too confidently.

"What's your deal? You could have just asked nicely. You didn't have to ruin everything." He was mad, and I could tell anything she was about to say was gonna make it worse.

"Hey Sho we can just start again ok." I walked over and placed my hands on his shoulders. He looked up and nodded at me, his rage was coming off him in waves. I smiled and gave his shoulders a tight squeeze before letting go and ruffling his hair. He gave Mei an annoyed look before starting again. It was evident that Mei had never played before but she tried to keep up. Whenever she would make a mistake she would pout and apologize. Then she would ask Hinata to teach her how to do things, which was always met with a curt no or no answer at all.

After a while Hinata accidentally passed the ball to Mei (we were trying to keep the ball away from her so we could get back to playing ourselves) she smirked before hitting the ball at me. More specifically, at my face. I turned my head and put my hands up, blocking the ball from hitting me. When I looked up I saw her smiling with her hands on her hips.

"Oops... I'm sorry. Hinata maybe you shou-"

"What the hell is your problem?" I could see Hinata fuming.

"I-"

"NO! You have been so rude to him this whole time and now you almost hit him in the face!"

"Shoyo, I'm ok don't worry!" I sweatdropped, trying to calm him down slightly.

"If she had hit you, you could have broken your nose." He said walking over to me "Or gotten a concussion! The team wouldn't be the same without you! So you can't go and get hurt. Everyone would worry. I WOULD WORRY! GOT IT!" He moved his hands under my arms and hugged my waist so I hugged him back. One of his hands tugged on the back of my shirt signaling me to lean down.

"I really was worried..." he whispered quietly as he turned to bury his face into my chest. I could hear his breathing had become ragged. It sounded like he was about to cry. I rubbed his back and kissed his forehead before whispering,

"Hey, I'm ok! Everything is going to be ok. I'm right here." I felt him relax as his breathing slowed to a more normal pace. I ran my hands through his hair and he smiled up at me. He pulled away and nodded, and there was a peaceful silence for a moment.

"Ahem. You know I'm still here right." Hinata visibly deflated when Mei finally spoke again.

"Yea maybe you should just go." Hinata said, his back towards her.

"I just don't understand! Why don't you like me?"

"OH I DON'T KNOW." I placed my hand on his shoulder and he took a deep breath before continuing. "Maybe it's because you've been rude this whole time. I don't even know you, and the first thing you decide to do is be rude to my friend that you also haven't met!"

"Well then let me try to make it up to you. Let me try again!" She seemed really desperate at this point.

"Hell no! Why should I let you do that?!" Hinata turned to face her how, his arms folded in front of him. 'He's so cute when he's mad.'

"Well I'm definitely better than him!" She yelled pointing at me. I looked up at her and then over at Hinata. {silent rage}

"HA! You think you're better than him?? You must be joking! Tobio is actually nice! Even though he has his walls up, he actually cares about people and wants the best for them. Also he's so smart (with some things...) he is secretly good at so many things, and it's amazing! Also! He is SO good at volleyball! You kept asking me to teach you things and I felt bad because I probably sounded that ANNOYING when I kept asking him to help me at the beginning of the season. Without his literal genius when it comes to volleyball I know our team wouldn't be the same! LIKE DAMN! His precision setting is ridiculous. He can pretty much calculate everyone's movements and match them perfectly, giving everyone a perfect set every time! His serve is literally perfect too! AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON HIS BODY!" Hinata was yelling now and I was getting more and more embarrassed. "This man has abs for DAYS! He is so toned and strong in more ways than one! His eyes are the most beautiful shade of blue OH MY GOD! And he is always so warm which is good for me since I'm like an ice cube! So it's funny that you think you even compare to him." Hinata was breathing heavily, I don't think he breathed once while he was talking (more like screaming). I was in shock. I didn't know he thought of me like that. Obviously, Mei didn't either. She stood there silently, her jaw dropped.

"YEA BITCH!" He said when she didn't respond. Then he grabbed my hand and marched me inside, straight up to his mother.

"Hi, mother?" He said, interrupting his mother's conversation with Mei's mother. "Sorry to interrupt, but I think it's time for Mei to leave."

"Honey, don't be rude. Why should she leave?"

"She's been rude to me and Kageyama this entire time. She also almost hit him the face on purpose. She insulted him so much and I couldn't take it anymore! Also," he turned to face me. He placed his hands on either side of my face and kissed me. At first, I was shocked, but then I relaxed into the kiss and kissed him back. After a couple of seconds we pulled away and Hinata turned to face his mother. "So please stop trying to set me up with someone."

I turned to look at his mother. Her face was unreadable. She looked at me, and then at Hinata before opening her mouth.

-+=+-          -+=+-          -+=+-

DOUBLE UPDATEEEE!

i really wanted to make Hinata sassy towards Mei even though it's a little out of character for him.

Anyway, i hope you liked this chapter! sorry to leave it on a cliffhanger

Stay Safe <3

also this picture really captured hinata when he was talking abt kags...

Artist: MYRSEYY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 6.6K 37
A Haikyu! Kagehina fanfic Kageyama and Hinata have liked each other for a long time. They've never told each other, but what happens when a myster...
455K 16.3K 39
After a tournament, Hinata seems off. It's not too noticeable, just subtle things that almost every person does. Until he starts to avoid any type o...
182K 5.2K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
46.7K 453 10
DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED DISCONTINUED Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Idk what I'm doing with my life anymore - Edit, 12/7/20: I'm now taking requests! I can only...