Siva (Volume 2) The First Dep...

By JE_Reddcliffe

Fantasy and Magic meets Science and Technology. In this epic story of brotherly love, friendship, struggle, a... More

Volume 2: The First Departure
Copyright
Chapter 01: The Witch of Aarun
Chapter 02: Moving
Chapter 03: Tower of Sol
Chapter 04: War
Chapter 05: The Two Powers
Chapter 06: It Begins
Chapter 07: Commander Elsass
Chapter 08: Four Sided Back Stroke
Chapter 09: Fast Domino
Chapter 10: Something Beyond Normal
Chapter 11: Incomplete Monster
Chapter 12: Pink!
Chapter 13: Intervention
Chapter 14: Clash with the Titans
Chapter 15: One Punch Execution
Chapter 16: Insignificant Existence
Chapter 17: The Killing Zone
Chapter 19: The Destroyer's Might
Chapter 20: A Legend Begins
Chapter 21: Transcendence State
Chapter 22: Awakening
Chapter 23: A God Descends
Chapter 24: The Haunting
Chapter 25: Friends
Chapter 26: The First Departure
Author's Notes for Siva and The First Departure

Chapter 18: Undead Alive

8.4K 576 1
By JE_Reddcliffe

Chapter 18

Undead Alive

“Don’t get in my way!” The girl shouted and she swung an attack that crushed the rock.

“You’re the one getting in my way!” He retorted and jumped back, using the dust clouds to conceal the arrow he fired aimed at the target’s head.

The girl, in a split second reflex, used a Dark Shield to defend herself and the force of the attack knocked her off a few steps. Then she saw on her peripheral vision that the man was about to release another arrow so she clenched her fists and stomped the ground like a halberd.

On her actions, a strong tremor and a loud explosion occurred, outbalancing the nearby TGG and Sylph forces and robbing the Archer of his steady ground.

Cramer’s second arrow’s trajectory was slightly off target as it slightly grazed the girl’s cheek 15m away.

“Superb! Hahaha…!!” Cramer happily yelled. “This is how fights should be! GRAAA…”

Cramer felt real joy as he rushed towards the girl’s direction, changed his bow to the shield and started an attack that the girl wasn’t familiar with. Still, she had the experience of what that rush could do and so she stayed out of its trajectory, saving herself as it crushed the ground where she stood.

“Got you!” She shouted, twist her body, and used the Dark Spear like a giant scythe to slash the middle of the dust clouds where the man was supposed to be.

CLANG!

The sound of colliding metals rang and the man got thrown off 30 degrees towards the sky with great force.

He emerged from the clouds embracing the shield tightly and their eyes met for a split second time. She tried to attack again and threw the Dark Spear but got surprised as the man twisted his body in midair and switched weapons into the bow.

It all happened in a high speed moment and the man released the arrow that met with the Dark Spear. Of course, the dark weapon was superior so the man was instead blown off away from her.

Curiously, the man looked minimally damaged as there was the shield that protected him from the severe direct damage.

The man landed on his legs and the two paused, had a moment to glare each other, and began their attacks in a contest of two archers once again. 

“I won’t let you have your way! He’s my target!”

The girl’s arrow took a weird glow as is Cramer’s too that shone a bright red.

They released their arrows, both almost met in mid air, and the two dodged and released normal arrows.

“Hahaha…this is it! This is the fight I was searching for! Hahaha…!!” 

Cramer felt that he was in ecstasy as him and her didn’t notice a crowd falling down their way. It was the TGG and the Sylphs, their second wave of attackers, a group composed of Air Infantry Units with their wings on their flight armors looking like giant birds of prey.

The TGG landed first that made the girl smile, but it was a group who did not seem to notice anything and instead went towards another direction.

Cramer was also baffled by this and looked at the direction they were going. She and him was actually taken by surprise as the group began to cast spells, release their arrows, and rushed towards the masked intruder fighting off the Masked Men.

The two returned to look at each other and forfeited their fight as they also followed on their direction.

“Wait!”

“Stop!”

They both shouted but the magic spells have already been released, followed by the arrows, while the melee fighters were running on the ground.

***

“That looked bad.” She whispered while looking at the flock of numbers that came from the main fleet of Air Infantry Units from the Camarilla, and began her descent, landing somewhere 40m away from him and cast her prided spell.

The TGG and Sylphs were utterly shocked as they all saw their fallen comrades getting up again.

Some still had arrows in their heads, some even dare to pick up their missing limbs and a seemingly black colored element began to fill their skins, stitching those limbs like clothes and pants.

Their skins were brown, like bathed in chocolate and their eyes were red, bloodshot, without life. Their staggering bodies reminded one of a drunken man, only, these men and women seemed like zombies that was summoned back from the dead.

Frightened screams echoed, and the sounds of moans from the risen dead remained. In just four seconds after she had cast her spell, the zombies all gathered around her like a wall made up of pure dreadfulness. They had retained their original agility from when they were still alive except that they really are swagging even if they were just standing on their feet.

‘Th-That person…’

‘Who is that?!’

‘What is that ability?!’

‘Necromancer! It’s a Necromancer skill?!’

‘It’s not possible!’

‘Is such skill even exists?’

‘Run away! Run away!’

The surprised players, ignorant of this high level ability, got scared as soon as they saw her. But those that were familiar with the Alcides Guild’s member, Malecite, stood their ground as they all kept their defensive posture.

But Rafaela did not mind them as she was carried by two female zombies and followed by over 200+ more to the direction where The Destroyer is.

The zombies only attacked those Masked Men and then ignored everything else around them.

She blocked the area where the AIU will be coming from, just in time when their magic attacks and their arrows were about to come.

The moving corpses that were hit with their magic immediately seized moving but those that were hit with the arrows were immune to its normal damage so they bundled up like a huge mountain, blocking the view, 30m high.

“Sorry boys…you can’t pass through here.” She said in a teasing manner and the effects immediately came to those boys.

Of course, with her charm and beauty, every normal single men is bound to be captivated. But then, in turn, the women was offended and those are the ones who repeated their magic and pulled their second arrows.

“Oh…that won’t do.”

Rafaela commanded her minions and the Zombies formed a mountain and blocked everything. Behind the wall of dead corpses, she cast another spell as soon as the cooldown of her ability ended and another batch of moving dead minions began their appearance in between every other player.

It was a battlefield, it was normal.

In this place where dead corpses are everywhere, she could be considered the strongest existence there is. She can summon hundreds of thousands of loyal minions and since there are no such thing as holy or unholy elements in Terroa, there was no fear of her ever being opposed. Thus, this thought frightened everyone else who saw the rise of the dead mountain that became a spectacle in this now unorganized war.

***

Meanwhile, in the Command HQ of the Sylphs, the report on the war still continued to come.

It has been a few minutes now since the entrance of the Miranda and truthfully, no one actually knows that they had deployed two units —only two, that even them do not know where they are now.

But then, when Reynolds came back from his mission, the moment he entered the command room, he immediately saw the screen and stared at the sight on a certain place.

Matsuri saw this and asked, “Do you know that who that witch is? That’s a high level skill for Necromancers and thus far, only Malecite is the person I know that can use the same skill.”

“That’s her.” Reynolds only said with feelings of joy. “That’s my dream girl.”

“Hey! Snap out of it!”

“S-Sorry sir…I mean. That’s the owner of that ship, sir. The owner of the Miranda!”

“Her?!” The surprised reaction of the Guild Master.

“Yes. Her.” Reynolds pointed. “And that man…he’s her guest and I think I heard him being her protector.”

“Him?!” Another surprised reaction from Matsuri. “I can’t believe this…”

The last statement bothered Reynolds and that’s how he noticed that all of the operators and the officers in the room was all looking at him with their shocked expressions.

“What’s the matter sir?” He asked with honest curiosity.

“What’s the matter? It’s just been four minutes since that man entered the battlefield and do you know how many enemies he had already killed?”

Reynolds felt a chill ran his spine and he gulped as he remembered the Miranda’s Captain’s referral to the pest pets in his ship. Those loud roars were definitely not from normal kinds of monsters.

And as such, he had a hunch that what his superior would say next had something to do with it.

“H-How many…exactly…sir?”

“235.” Matsuri said shakily. “Both from the TGG and the Masked Organization.”

He felt confused.

“W-Wait…the Masked Or…w-what do you mean? A-And 235 people…already?! That’s impossible sir! To do such outrageous feat…it’s…”

“But he did.” Matsuri firmly replied. “That man is a dangerous player. From just the moment he entered the battlefield, he already killed almost a hundred men with that lightning attack.”

“That?! He was the one who did that?1”

“Yes. And so, I order you, Reynolds, no matter what it takes. Whether it’s money or anything he wants, we must recruit him to our side.”

Reynolds paused and took a moment to swallow it.

He saw that lightning earlier because it was a bright light that came from behind his team. The loud thunder reached them like a horn blown directly right at his ear and to think that he met the person who did that…he can’t stop thinking just what are those pest pets that the Miranda’s captain doesn’t like in his ship.

If someone such as that intimidating person could be moved by such a man, then he could only think of him that…The Destroyer…of being monstrously strong.

As such, he steeled his heart and faced Matsuri.

“Sir.”

“Bring your whole platoon with you. Use Taurus on the secret hangar and do whatever you can to bring that man to us. Do you understand?”

“Yes sir.”

“Alright. Go now. Whether we lose or not, get out of this place and wait until everything is over. Then do what you must to bring him in.” At the last note of the command, Reynolds stomped his feet on the ground in a snap and saluted. 

“Permission to proceed sir.”

“Granted.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 189 44
NOW PUBLISHED IN PAPERBACK ON AMAZON! IF YOU WANT TO ADD IT TO YOUR SHELF, JUST CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY BIO NOW!!! OR CLICK HERE:- https://www.amazon...
198 6 11
My chest filled with a searing pain, matching the intensity of the tremors of the earth. I had to go home to make sure my Ma and Pa were okay. .... ...
379K 13.1K 59
"I am being torn apart for more reasons than one." ∫ Elara Jane knows nothing of borders and cares little for rules or customs but yet, she dedicates...
232K 6.6K 17
Growing up in a military household I only had my brother to depend on. Father was always out for months at a time, and mommy dearest would rather do...