The Wrong Mate

By KuroEngel_OG

Being in High School, SUCKS! Being a werewolf in High School, SUCKS! But being forced as the next Alpha King'... More

Author's Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 25

162 10 0
By KuroEngel_OG

The week flew by fairly fast, and even though she was at school with her friends all week, there was that looming elephant in the room. No one tried to bring it up, seeing how it was such a hard pill to swallow, and no one wanted to even think about the outcome.

Viktor kept his distance from Selene as his father had commanded, and at first word got around quickly that she had dumped him for his brother, making her a "grade A slut"... the brother that was now missing and in a coma.

Several rumors about Virgil were going around firstly that Viktor beat the hell out of Virgil, but since he had been hanging all over Madison the past week and even more so now, that soon everyone changed their minds to saying Selene was bad luck.

Apparently she was such bad luck that Viktor dumped her and then she got with Virgil so the  left to get away from her "crazy ass". Whatever the rumors were, people stayed away from her, except her friends, which suited her just fine. Hell, even the hallways would part like the Red Sea of people for her and it was kinda nice.

But whatever the rumors were, it didn't phase Selene, because she knew the truth and was trying to focus on the battle to come. She would spend her time training or meditating with her powers in between being with Virgil.

Today was Friday, after school and tomorrow night, the holmgang. Selene sat in the theater room with her friends at the Alpha King's home that has become her home as well, but her mind wasn't on the movie. She snuck out so as to not disturb her friends, and walked towards where Virgil was. Just laying there... still... unmoving... devoid of his obnoxious but adorably cute personality.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Hey baby.. *walks over and sits next to him holding his hand* So tomorrow night I take your place in the holmgang. And...

She took a deep breath to hold back the tears that threatened to fall.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } And I don't know what the outcome will be but whatever happens, I want you to know that I love you with all my heart and I hope like hell you will wake up... hopefully before the battle just in case I...

The tears had fallen. She didn't want to acknowledge the possible outcome that she could die and not get a chance to hear his voice, feel his tingling touch, or taste his delicious lips hungrily devour hers one last time.

She hadn't heard the door open and a person walk in so when they spoke, it startled her.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Ralph's wife says that his brain is getting a little bit more oxygen than before but still not enough yet.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *jumped but then sighs with sadness* Yea, I figured as much. He doesn't seem to be changing... what am I going to do Ric? Even if I win, he still hasn't woken up and what if he doesn't ever?! How can I live without my mate that I literally just got!? *tears streaming down her face again*

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ }*looks down and walks over towards her pulling her into a fatherly hug* I don't know. When I lost mine... their mother, I didn't have much time to grieve. Not only was I taking care of our pack but overseeing thousands of other packs and on top of that, two toddler boys! If it wasn't for Ralph and his mate helping out with them, I'm not sure I would have known what to do...

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } I know, you had it a lot worse than me, but I'm just not used to this whole "adulting" thing... can't I just go back to being a snot nosed kid and not having to deal with all this stress? *whines playfully as she sniffles*

She was just trying to use humor to cover up how completely broken she felt inside.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ }*chuckles* Only if I get to be one too and not have to "adult" anymore either!

Both of them shared a laugh for a moment or two before he started to head out but she stopped him. He turned around to look at her with a confused look.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Oh Ric, before you go, I wanted to give you these... *she reached down and grabbed her sketchbook*

She opened it slightly and pulled out two loose pictures and handed them to him. Once his eyes saw them, they widened with joy and amazement. Not just at her talent but at what they were of.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } These are amazing Selene! Is this what she really looked like? *can't take his eyes off of the pictures*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *nods* Yup. Or at least what she presented me with and what I can remember, which oddly is a lot.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Is this the star dust wolf you felt like it was Virgil that ran with you to and from the Moon Goddess? *looks up at her*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Yea. I wanted to show how beautiful he was and how comforted I was knowing he was there by my side the whole time... I mean it's not everyday you meet a titan goddess! *giggles*

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ }*tries to hand them back* I can't take these, they are very precious and you should keep them.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *shakes her head while putting up her hand to stop him* No. I've seen her and I would like you to put them into the book, with a detailed account of the vision I had... I wrote it out already..

She reached into the sketchbook and pulled out a written account of her vision and the words in which the Moon Goddess said about their connection to each other.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ }*smiles proudly at her* That is a completely beautiful and adult thing for you to do miss Selene. *takes the other papers from her as he gives her a cheeky smile*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *shrugs* Yea, I know... I have my adulting moments. *smiles back* Actually, with what she told me about what is needed for our kind to continue, I wanted it placed in a spot that will be read by future Alpha Kings to help remind them that we can't forget who gave us the gift of what we are. And... if i don't make it through... I want there to be something for you to help push her urgent need of us to not forget. Just because I might not be around to see it, I don't want our kind to just disappear cause of our own stupidity... ya know?

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ }*pats her on her shoulder* I completely understand. I will take these and make sure to get them bound into the book right away.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Thank you Ric.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ }*shakes his head* No, thank you Selene... you have brought to us the gift of looking upon the moon's beauty to us in her truest form.

With that, Ulfric took the papers and headed out of the room. Selene looked towards Virgil and after putting her stuff away, she climbed into the bed with him.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Oh Virgil... I miss you so much. I wish you were here for me to talk to and help me figure things out. Even if I do win, I don't know if I can do what the Moon Goddess is asking of me without you by my side! You are to be Alpha King... not me... *she looks at his face caressing it lovingly* Please come back to me soon.. *kisses his lips slightly and laid back down*

Soon she fell asleep cuddled up next to him, with the lulling sounds of the machines rhythmic beeps, bloops and other odd noises.

* * * *

Everything was dark... swallowed up by blackness. There was nothing. Soon, the sounds of the forest, resonated within the blackness. The birds chittering, critters scurrying, a breeze whispering gently, trees groaning, and a small stream or creek slowly trickling through the path it had created ages ago.

Selene opened her eyes and looked up. She was laying on the middle of a field in a forest on a bright, beautiful day. The only scent that was in this area was the smell of a lightning storm, but the sky was absolutely clear.

She turned her head after realizing her head was laying on something warm and bulky. Her eyes landed on the face of the one person she had been begging to see again in his normal state.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Virgil.. *smiles and bites back tears*

He was asleep, arms folded behind his head and her head was on his bicep. But as soon as she said his name, his eyes sprang open and he turned his head to face her.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }  Hey hellcat... miss me? *smirks*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *gasp laughs as the tears fell* Yes. Of course I missed you, you arrogant butthead!

She reached a hand up to touch his face as her face came closer and kissed his lips with so much love and passion, she thought her body would explode from how much there was.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*kisses her back just as much then wipes away her tears* I've missed you too baby. *his fingers now played in her hair*

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉ ┉ ┉
This is too good to be true, it isn't real... he isn't here...
- - --

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *sniffles and smile slowly fading and being replaced with desperate hope that she's wrong* This is a dream, isn't it? You're not really here...

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*frowns* Sorry baby, it is and I'm not... at least not 100%.

She laid back down next to him and one of their hands each was caressing and holding onto the other as they laid there.

Even if it was a dream, she didn't want to wake up.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } What are you saying that somehow our subconscious minds, while in a dream state have magically found each other and so we are sharing some lovely dream together?

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*smiles* Yeah, something like that. But it is me baby... I haven't lost myself in this coma and I haven't given up fighting to wake up, so neither can you, ok? I need you to be strong and just hold on a little longer ok? I won't leave you.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Promise? *tears form again*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } I promise Selene. *sots up and places foreheads together*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *takes in a shuddering breath calming the tears back* I'm going to battle Viktor, in your place tomorrow...

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } What?! *pulls away slightly in shock* No my father wouldn't allow that!

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *caresses his face* Virgil baby, he didn't have a choice.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*furrows his brows* What do you mean?

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } If the holmgang wasn't fulfilled on time, you would have automatically forfeited. The only way to keep that from happening was if someone in relation to you stood in your place. And as your father couldn't, and obviously not your brother, I, being your mate and essentially your spouse, was the only option.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } What no! Baby, I can't let you do that! Just let me forfeit! We will leave the pack and go and just be on our own, just the two of us. *grabs her by the neck and puts their foreheads together again*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *sighs* As amazing as that sounds, I can't.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Why not? *getting a little upset she doesn't want to be with him*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Virgil... I have been given a task.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Task? What task? From who? My dad?! *was getting very upset now*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *gently touches his face to calm him* No... from someone more powerful that him...

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Who's more powerful than the Alpha King among us werewolves?

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } The moon goddess.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Wha...t? *eyes widen in shock and disbelief*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } She came to me the night before in a vision, or rather she called me to her and I went, but you get the idea. She told me that I was always destined to be here at this particular place in time and that my purpose was to bring us werewolves back to her.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Back to her? What do you mean? This is all so confusing.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } I know babe, but trust me when I say it's for a good reason.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Which is?

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } The future of our species.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } What... are you supposed to mate with all the males from here on out and make all sorts of half god babies??? *is upset at the idea of other guys touching her intimately and growls*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Nooooooo babe! *caresses his face soothingly* She wants me to enlighten the masses into remembering her as our goddess, our mother, our protector.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Soooo, she's doing this for her own vain self importance ego boost!? *is now also annoyed*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } No. We werewolves are forgetting her, and if we do, then she will cease to exist and...

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } So let her, why should we care about a goddess that's being selfish?

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *sighs* Virgil, if she disappears, so do we!

Looks at her with a completely puzzled face.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } We are connected to her just as much as she is connected to us. If she dies, we will forever becomes human and all the Alphas will die.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*is completely shocked then saddened* Oh...

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } So see baby, I have to do this..

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Why you though?

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *recalling the words that the Moon Goddess has said to her before* Why not me?

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } I just got you baby, I don't want to lose you!

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *sighs and caresses his jaw* I know, I feel the same way about you, but I have to do this for the greater good of our kind...

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } But Viktor is psychotic and will try his best to kill you and...

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *she stopped him with a finger* And I have complete control and access to all my powers... he may be stronger and faster, but I have the Moon on my side.

She smiles at him as she removes her finger and places a small kiss to his lips. He just sighs and looks down.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } It's just so wrong! I'm the one that's supposed to be fighting him, not you. I'M supposed to be the one to protect and fight for you... if-if I can't even do that, how can I be expected to protect the pack, let alone thousands of other packs?

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Correction... you are supposed to protect and fight BESIDE me as my mate, my final companion, my equal... my love.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Yes, of course you're right Selene... but I still don't like the idea of you fighting my battle for me.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *giggles lightly* Well it's not like you really have a choice now is there?

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*smiled lovingly at her* Yeah, I guess not. But hey at least I got to see you some before.... yeah...

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Hey, hey... *holds his face with her hand* Look at me. I'm not going anywhere. You can't get rid of me that easily... so... so have a little faith in me, ya?

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*smiles* I have so much faith in you baby, *frowns* I just don't trust my brother... he wasn't so bad but ever since he noticed you, it's like he's gone way off the deep end completely. I honestly don't know what he's capable of let alone what he's planning.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } I get that. But I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about you.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } I'm fine baby, see, I'm right here. I won't ever leave you and I'll wake up soon, I promise. *lovingly placed his hand on her cheek, caressing it with his thumb*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *smiles and leans into his hand* Good. But how can you say those things to me and expect me to believe them when I say the same things to you and you don't?

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } You're right... I'm sorry. I just am so terrified of something happening to you.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *chuckles* I know, I feel the same way about you.

They both have a short carefree laugh before they turn and kiss each other. They hadn't moved from their position on the grass as it was like they weren't in control of their whole bodies in the dream, but nonetheless, Selene was just happy to be able to touch him slightly and kiss his sexy lips.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } You really do need to wake up soon though... *cheeky grins*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Oh yeah, why's that? *smirks*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Because just kissing you isn't enough and I am dying for you to make love to me again. *kisses his lips as she whispers in her best seductive voice at him*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }*growls deep in his throat* Oh damn baby how I've missed you... but you know, you could always just give me a blowjob while I'm in a coma, I bet I'll feel it.

He wiggles his eyebrows at her and she swats his arm playfully.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Next you'll be saying I should just ride you too.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Wellllllll I wouldn't complain.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } No but I'm sure your dad or Ralph's wife would when they walk in!

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Then lock the door? *shrugs casually*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *laughs and swats him again* You are such a horn dog!

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Woof woof baby! *smirks*

They both continue to laugh for a bit longer, kiss more, tease each other and just overall spend time together. There was no telling what would happen the following day, but they spent the time that was gifted to them through their dreams to spend it together. After a while, Selene started to get extra sleepy and couldn't keep her eyes open.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Ok babe, it looks like it's time for you to wake up now.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } What? No I don't want to leave you. *says with a slight slur and eyes mostly closed*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } It's ok baby, I'll be there when you wake up, I just won't be able to talk to you yet.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Doesn't matter, I don't want to leave you. Just a little bit longer please? *whines as eyes close completely and she snuggles her head close to his*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Sorry hellcat, wish I could keep you with me here but you need to do what you gotta do and I've got too work on getting my ass awake so I can take you in my arms, kiss you and fuck your brains out for the rest of our lives. *smiles sweetly*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *lightly half chuckles* That would be nice... ok Virgil... I'll see you when you wake up... I love you.. *breathings starts to even out as the surroundings begin to darken and disappear*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } I love you too Selene. *kisses her forehead before lightly kissing her lips and disappearing completely*

* * * *

All was black once again and suddenly Selene jolted awake. She looked around and saw she was in the medical room with the still comatose Virgil. She sighed heavily and leaned up and placed a sweet kiss on his lips.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } I know it was a dream, but it was the best dream ever. I really do hope you wake up soon...

She kissed him one last time before she began writing on something.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 67 22
This story contains mature theme. You may not proceed if you have any issues with that. [18+]~ _________________________________________ "Aaaaah-mph...
128K 5.4K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
407K 15.1K 43
C̶l̶i̶c̶h̶e̶ 𝐍𝐨 𝐖𝐚𝐲!! ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵗʰᵒˢᵉ ˢᵗᵒʳⁱᵉˢ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱᵗˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʰʸ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵒᵐᵉᵍᵃ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵉʳ ᵐᵃᵗᵉ ⁱˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇⁱᵍ ᵇᵃᵈ ᵃˡᵖʰᵃ? ʷᵉˡˡ ʸᵒᵘᵛᵉ ᶠᵒᵘⁿᵈ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗ...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...