The Wrong Mate

By KuroEngel_OG

Being in High School, SUCKS! Being a werewolf in High School, SUCKS! But being forced as the next Alpha King'... More

Author's Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 23

164 10 0
By KuroEngel_OG

Ulfric took Selene to the infirmary and once she walked into his room she started to cry again. He had been forced back to his human form and he was laying in a hospital bed with all sorts of machines attached to him.

She ran over to the side of his bed and placed her hands on his face.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Virgil, please baby, wake up. I can't live without you. I'm so sorry! It was an accident! *sobs*

She was caressing his face as she cried, begging him to wake up. It was felt by everyone in the room that they could feel her broken heart. She blamed herself for this and she felt like she was dying inside. Ralph walked in and cleared his throat, signaling his arrival.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Raf, what is Virgil's situation?

{ ⋆ Ralph (Beta) ⋆ } Well Alpha, it seems like whatever happened to him, didn't do any physical damage per say but a little couple burn spots that will heal in a matter of days.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Then why is my son not awake, and not breathing on his own?

{ ⋆ Ralph (Beta) ⋆ } Alpha, your son is in a coma. Whatever happened, it has literally knocked the air out of him, so right now he is having a hard time getting oxygen to his brain. Therefor my wife put him on oxygen support to hopefully help get the air moving continuously to keep his brain from shutting down, and rendering him in a vegetative state.

At the sound of "vegetative state" Selene broke down in sobs again as she laid over his body on the bed.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ }*walked over and rubbed Selene's back soothingly* What are the chances he will come out of it?

{ ⋆ Ralph (Beta) ⋆ } Uhh well... according to my wife, she said that it all depends on the amount of oxygen his brain receives. Excellent amount of oxygen, he has about a 70% chance of waking up. Decent amount, 50% chance. Normal amount usually received in these cases, 30% chance. Inefficient amount?... well, then it's possible his brain will be damaged and he won't ever wake up. Even with being a werewolf, this is not something that can just be healed. So really, it's all up to him and how hard he fights... I'm sorry Alpha... Selene.

With that he nods and excuses himself from the room. Selene was just crying and begging the Goddess to let him live and be ok and to take her instead since it was her fault. Ulfric was distraught at seeing his basically daughter-in-mate-law completely destroyed. He tried to pick her up so she can go get some rest but she refused to leave him.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } NO! I will not leave him! This is all my fault so I will stay here until he wakes up!!

She pushed the Alpha King away. And normally he wouldn't allow such actions but he knows exactly how she is feeling because he went through the same thing with his own wife/mate.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Please Selene, stop beating yourself up about this. It wasn't your fault, it was an accident and I sure as hell don't blame you.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } You should... I am the one who has brought so much unrest in your household... I shouldn't even exist...

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ }*sighs heavily* No Selene, you are right where the moon goddess expects you to be. It may not be a comforting thought right now, but she wouldn't lead you here without a plan. *takes a few steps towards the door* I'm going to go back to bed. Please get some rest Selene, there isn't anything you can do at this point.

He walked out and turned off the main light. There was a light behind Virgil that gave off a very soft light as to not allow the room to be in complete darkness.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } *looks up at Virgil's peaceful sleeping face* Please wake up baby. I love you. I need you here with me... I don't even know who I am without you now. You are my other half.

She sat there for a long time and after a while of just listening to the rhythmic sounds of the machines, she fell asleep holding his hand and her head resting in his lap. She woke up after about 20 minutes with a kinked neck and decided to crawl onto the bed with Virgil and cuddle up with him, hoping to feel some sign that he was still there, still fighting... only to be left with a feeling of uncertainty and sadness.

* * * *

Suddenly Selene was awake, but not. She was dreaming. But this didn't seem like a normal dream. She was standing on the edge of a vast plane of water and the Moon was sitting on the edge of the surface.

She looked down and saw she was in her wolf form and from somewhere she heard a gentle woman's voice call out for her.

"Come."

The voice was so alluring that she didn't realize she was already taking steps forward onto the water.

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉ ┉ ┉
Wait... ONTO the water?
- - --

Sure enough, she was walking on the water. She was looking down as she kept taking steps when the voice called out again, this time more urgently.

"Come!"

With that she broke into a sprint. She was rubbing towards the far distance, towards the moon. After a little while, the darkness soon brightened and stars with other celestial entities began to show up. Some of the stars and cosmic dust swirled together and began to form a dark wolf that came down and began to run along side of her.

Somehow seeing the white spot on the chest reminded her of Virgil and she felt that maybe it was him. It made her feel loved and happy. It gave her a surge of determination to reach the end, to reach the moon.

"Come child."

The voice gently spoke again and she kept on running.

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉ ┉ ┉
I'm running as fast as I can, please don't leave!
- - --

She ran and ran. It felt like hours upon hours of running until finally she came to the edge of the water where the start of a forest like wall stood blocking her and coming face to face with the enormous moon. Suddenly the moon began to swirl, then shrink as a wisp of movement transformed into the shape of a human.

It swirled down and around the cosmos area, the light from the moon radiated from the being as she came to rest on a moon shaped platform at the edge of the water and the start of the forest wall. She was huge, a giant, but beautiful. She was so big that she could literally hold Selene's wolf in her hand easily.

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } Do not be frightened my pup. I have brought you here so I may help you.

Her voice was loud but gentle. One would be afraid someone of her great power could destroy the surrounding area with just a word from her lips, but her voice was so sweet and kind, that it was like everything swayed towards her as if to just touch a bit of her gentleness and light.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: I am asleep... is this not a dream?}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } Oh it is, but this is the only way that I may come to you in a form in which to speak. I have long ago been forgotten by the majority of the world and am only seen as a weightless, grey rock that orbits the earth mother.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: Then it is true, you are the Moon Goddess Selene.} *lowers head in a respectful bow*

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } I am indeed, though Selene is just a name of the forgotten past for me. You now hold that name, and with it, my abilities.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: But... why me?}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } Why not you?

The star dust wolf that traveled with Selene to the Moon Goddess, bounced and frolicked around the Goddess with gleeful merriment.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: Because, I am not worthy to hold your powers. I... I used them to hurt the man I love..} *looks away in shame*

The goddess leaned down and scooped up Selene and some water in her giant, titan hand, allowing to bring Selene up to eye level and the water to filter through her fingers.

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } Oh my sweet child, it was only because you had not known how to control your powers. That is why I am here. I have a purpose set out forth for you, since the moment my first wolf pup was conceived.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: For me?} *tilts head in confusion*

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ }*slightly giggles* Yes, you. I may not have been able to dictate or determine how every one of my werewolf kind would choose to live through the ages of time, but, thanks to my cousin's Chronos' foresight, I knew of a particular part in their story that would need some assistance. So, with my first and only werewolf-child that I ever bore, and loved with all my essence, I knew it was needed here on earth. So giving her up and protecting the line every so often, was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I was able to make sure you were where you needed to be.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: So you're the one that guided my relatives of the past to go into hiding as to protect the bloodline?}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } In a manner of speaking, yes.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: Ok... then what is it you are wanting me to do?}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } It's time for the packs to remember who gave them their strengths, who they howl at night to. I have been cast aside and forgotten by the world, I will not be removed from the lives of my last remaining ties to this part of Chaos.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: What happens if we do forget?}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } Then I will cease to exist, and so will the werewolf blood. That means anyone who is still alive when I disappear, they will become completely human while those of the Alpha bloodlines, will perish with me.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: You mean like all the Alphas of every pack??}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } Yes. Werewolves are as connected to me as I am to them.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: So then how am I to accomplish this? I'm not even an Alpha, why would anyone listen to me?}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } You are mated to an Alpha of the first Alpha King bloodline, and my lineage, they will listen.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: I know it seems like I'm just being negative or doubtful, but I'm really just curious and wanting to know...}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } Trust me, I am fully aware of your curious nature little waterfall wolf. *smiles as she winks playfully*

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND:*internally blushes* Yeah, ok so then why did you wait until now to have me do this? Why not back when people were more susceptible to believe?}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } I had to wait and bide time until the current Alpha King had kept peace among the packs for a significant amount of time, to make sure there will be little to no rebellion. Not everyone will understand the severity of the situation.

━{ ⋆ Selene - Wolf ⋆ }━ {MIND: Ok, and to do that, I need to be with the next Alpha King... but Virgil is in a coma... how-how can he fight his brother?}

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ } And that is why you needed to see me my child.

As she spoke the Moon goddess leaned down slightly, while she brought her hand with Selene sitting on it, up to where their foreheads were touching. Selene's wolf one was specifically touching on the Moon Goddess' crescent. She began to speak some gentle and powerful Greek words that Selene had no idea what they meant, but they filled her body with a sense of a comforting warmth, like hugging a parent.

Then with the Moon Goddess' crescent beginning to glow, it became so bright that Selene closed her eyes. Once she opened them again, she was standing in the pool of water and the Moon was back up in the sky. Selene looked down at the water and noticed her body looked different... more, celestial.

{ ⊰⋆⊱ ℳoon Goddess ⊰⋆⊱ }  Go now, you are needed...

The voice was distant and very hollow sounding, but it was all that Selene needed to turn around and begin sprinting back the way she came. As she ran, it was like a trail of cosmic space flowed behind her.

Soon the dark star dust wolf came and began to run along side of her, just like her mate should... and that's still who she felt it was... or at least, a projection of him.

* * * *

She kept running and running, the stardust wolf alongside her until suddenly she was shaken awake. She looked up at the face of the owner of the hand, taking a moment for her sleep rattled brain to focus and comprehend who was there.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Huh?... *rubs her eyes*

{ ⋆ Aeron ⋆ } I said, are you ok hun? *touches her shoulder with concern*

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉ ┉ ┉
*looks around and sees everyone. Aeron, Rand, Lilith, mum, dad, Marrok, Stormy, and of course Ulfric and Ralph.* Everyone I love is here... that means Viktor was thwarted in hurting them. Oh thank you goddess!!
- - --

{ ⋆ Mom ⋆ } Oh my baby, are you ok?

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } Mum... *moves from off the bed and wraps herself in her mother and father's warm embrace and begins to cry* It's all my fault!

{ ⋆ Dad ⋆ }  Shhh, no sweetie, Alpha King Ulfric told us everything. It was an accident.

{ ⋆ Mom ⋆ }  *rubs her back* And when he wakes up, he will tell you the same thing.

Selene began to sob more at the thought that Virgil might not wake up, and she just wanted to scream, to disappear.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Please, why don't we all go on out to the dining room, have some breakfast and talk there.

Everyone either nodded or responded with an yes type reply, except Selene who was standing there shaking her head no.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } No, I can't leave him...

{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ } Looks like you might have to anyways, love...

All heads turned from Selene to the new voice in the room, so fast that a gust of wind would have knocked the new person over... or the very least, you would think their necks would have snapped.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } What are YOU doing here Viktor? *sadness was now being replaced by anger*

{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ } Just came to see if all the commotion was true. Wow... thanks babe, you took out my brother for me. I knew you liked me. *winks with a devilish smirk on his face*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } No..

{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ } *interrupts her* Doesn't matter... you took care of my problem and now that I WILL be Alpha King, I'll take you as my mate once and for all. *walks towards her but is soon blocked*

{ ⋆ Marrok ⋆ } No you won't. She will never be your mate, and you will not be Alpha King if I have anything to say about it!

{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ } *laughs* And what you, a little wolfling with no strength is going to stop me? *smirks*

-{ INNER MONOLOGUE }┉ ┉ ┉ ┉
I can't let anyone else get hurt because of me. This has got to end.
- - --

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } No, but I will.

Everyone looks from Marrok and Viktor to Selene as she stood there, pissed off and determined.

{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ } You? A female? You couldn't even stand up for yourself then... I knocked you down with a backhand, what makes you think you can stand up to me now?

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Viktor enough!...

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } No. He's right. I didn't stand up for myself then because I was afraid your psycho ass would hurt my loved ones. But seeing how everyone is here and knows, then I don't need to worry anymore.

She took a step towards Viktor moving Marrok out of the way.

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ } So now there is no security blanket for you to hide behind, you will know that I can stand up for myself just fine then, now and later.

With that she quickly drew back her fist and punched him in his nose, he was so shocked by her sudden movements that his head snapped back before he eyes her with hate, blood dripping from his nose.

{ ⋆ Viktor ⋆ } You fucking bi...

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } ENOUGH! *grabs Viktor by the scruff of his neck*

Ulfric uses his Alpha voice which rendered everyone nearly immobile, except Viktor who jumped at the feeling of his father's grip on his neck from behind.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } I will not tolerate abuse to women, especially in my household! Everyone, out to the living room, NOW!

He used the Alpha voice and everyone obeyed, following him as he dragged his son out with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...
350K 9.2K 32
"He'd burn the whole world down till he could dig me out of the ashes." I was ready to start a new life. After graduating at the top of my class, I f...
19.2K 774 8
he Alpha advanced so fast that Stiles didn't have time to yell before teeth sank in his side. When he felt the pain flash, he yelled and hammered on...
4.1M 89K 53
"Why do you provoke me Rose," he said "Do I need to bury myself deep in your cunt to remind you who you belong to" His voice laced with lust his ha...