Natural Instincts - Jared Cam...

By bblibby

[MATURE content] The unknowingly supernatural 17y/o Juliet Bo moves from Miami to the border of Forks and La... More

.CHARACTERS.
.zero.
.one.
.two.
.three.
.four.
.five.
.six.
.seven.
.eight.
.nine.
.ten.
.eleven.
.twelve.
.thirteen.
.fourteen.
.fifteen.
.sixteen.
.seventeen.
.eighteen.
.nineteen.
.twenty.
.twenty one.
.twenty two.
.twenty four.
.twenty five.
.twenty six.*
.twenty seven.
.twenty eight.
.twenty nine.
.thirty.
.thirty one.
.thirty two.
.thirty three.
.thirty four.
.thirty five.
.thirty six.
.thirty seven.
.thirty eight.
epilogue
!!! IMPORTANT !!!

.twenty three.

4.9K 93 22
By bblibby

"Good morning, girlfriend." I heard whispered beside me in a deep morning voice. 

I smiled into my pillow. "mmm good morning, boyfriend." I responded just as sleepily, loving the feeling of Jared's hands running up and down my bare back as I woke up slowly. 

I begrudgingly opened my eyes and let them adjust to the light, meeting the most beautiful sight in the world. Jared sat shirtless on the edge of my bed, drawing circles on my skin and smiling warmly at me as the sunrise hit his face ever-so gracefully. 

"You're so beautiful." he whispered again, causing me to bury my face in my pillow to hide my blush. "Hey, don't hide that face from me," he protested, trying to fish me out from the blanket as I hid deeper beneath my bed. I giggled at his tickling and his teasing, when I heard a footstep outside my room along with a knock.

"Morning Juliet!" My dad called from the other side of the door. Jared and I looked at each other and stopped our game, eyes wide. I frantically pointed to the other side of the bed where I wanted him to duck down. We knew my dad was cool but we hadn't exactly given him a heads up that Jared was staying, and it would be weird having him walk in on us like this.

"Uuuhh morning dad!" I called in a panic, pushing Jared off the bed when he didn't move, cringing at the loud thud he made when he hit the floor. Stupid muscly Jared.

On cue, dad let himself into the room and I used my blankets to cover my bare body. "Hey sweetheart." he said softly as he looked at me, raising an eyebrow at the sight of my bed hair and rosy cheeks.

"Good morning!" I stated back nervously, definitely not doing a good job at keeping calm. "What are you, what are you uh...doing today?" I asked him.

A subtle smirk danced on his face. "Come down to breakfast, I made coffee." he said, ignoring my question and turning on his heel to head downstairs as I recovered from my panic.

"Good morning, Jared!" he called teasingly over his shoulder as he went down the stairs, clearly not as stupid as I had hoped.

My cheeks heated up and I buried my face in the blanket. 

"Uh...Good morning sir..." Jared stuttered back from his hiding place crumpled behind my bed.

Jared had the audacity to let out a nervous laugh after a few seconds silence, to which I booked a pillow at his head and buried my face once more. 

"Kill me." I groaned as Jared put a shirt on. 

He leaned down to kiss me on the head. "Come on, princess. Your dad is cool." he admitted, and I had to agree.

Before we went downstairs to face a no doubt smug dad, I threw on a white tee shirt and little blue and white plaid dress, tying my hair in a messy low ponytail and throwing on my socks and white sneakers.

We made our way downstairs and Jared was definitely finding the whole situation a lot funnier than I was, as I avoided all eye contact with my father. 

"So." dad broke the silence. I looked at Jared and signalled for him to shut the fuck up as I could already hear the awkward laughing in his head.

"So..." I repeated.

He looked between the two of us. "You two are hanging out a bit more then?" he spoke subtly.

"We are." I confirmed, knowing full well my father was asking if we were dating.

He looked at Jared now. "And I'm guessing I'll be seeing more of you around here?" he questioned, attempting to seem some kind of intimidating.

Jared gulped. "If it's okay with you, sir...yes I guess so...I mean with your permission that is." Jared stuttered, showing his nervousness for the first time. My father nodded, satisfied with his answer and looked to me.

"You two being safe?"

"DAD!" I yelled back at him as he broke down into a fit of giggles in the corner of the kitchen as Jared's face turned a glorious shade of red and he willed himself to disappear.

Paul howled in laughter and rolled on the floor as Jared recounted the awkward morning to the pack and I sat on the kitchen bench top groaning. "He asked you that!? To your actual face! AND YOU SAID NOTHING!" Paul and the guys witch cackled loud enough that the whole reservation would have heard.

"Oh my god someone shoot me." I groaned as even Sam and Emily couldn't hold back their laughter. 

Quil interjected, "Hey it could have been a lot worse. He could have come in last night when he got home!" he teased, causing the room to wheeze even more, and Jared to shove him off the stool he sat on.

"We are forgetting our priorities, people!" I changed the subject and attempted to regain my dignity. "Sam, I came to see you." I reminded, snapping the alpha out of his laughter and bringing back the serious face he wore most of the time.

"Yes ma'am, what can I do for you today." he teased, standing straight, smiling as I shook my head. This one's been spending too much time with the pack - they're making him...funny!

I laughed at the thought. "I think I wanna talk to the elders today. If possible. I want to know about who I am." I admitted, watching Sam's posture change to a more serious one, as well as proud. 

"I'll give them a call now." he granted, smiling down at me from his tall stature and nodding in approval.

A nosey Embry butted in. "What's happening with the elders? Surprise inspection?" he joked.

"No, the elders have information on my mother. Who I am. I'm finally going to find out more." I told him, filling in the rest as I did.

"Yas Tinkerbell! You get that family tree, girl." Paul cheered with a fist in the air. 

He came over and hugged me tightly. "I'm seriously excited for you, Jules. You deserve this." 

I looked up at Paul appreciatively and sent him a thanks through my mind. "Uh...was that you?: he questioned confused.

I nodded. "Woah..." he breathed, stepping back from me as I giggled. 

"Yeah, she's even cooler than she lets us in on," Jared back up, beaming with pride as he stood with an arm around my shoulder.

Sam re-entered the room, hanging up his phone as he did. "They're on their way." he affirmed, returning to Emily's side. 

"Do you want Sam or Jared or anyone with you while they chat to you?" Emily offered sweetly, knowing the information may be a lot.

I looked around the room at the guys who were reeking of curiosity and I could tell they wanted to hear about what I was. "You guys are my family. Anything they say to me they can say to you." I assured, giving them the clearance to be there with me and listen.

Jake and Embry high fived each other and the rest smiled, making me laugh at how caring and supportive they really were. Jared squeezed my shoulder and I looked up at him. 

"We got your back." he said before kissing my cheek.

When the elders arrived, we all situated around the living room and got comfortable. Myself, the elders, Sam and Jared all sat on couches, Jared next to me, while the rest occupied the floor, footstools and arms of chairs, lounging about. 

"Ok, Juliet. So we understand you're ready to hear about what we know of you and your bloodline?" Billy Black began. 

I nodded at his words. "Yes, I am. I'm sorry I stood you up last time we were meant to have this chat. I got a bit preoccupied..." I trailed off as the room laughed at my humour about being attacked by a rabid vampire.

"We understand. We're just happy to finally help you now." Old Quil granted. I smiled at them gratefully.

"Ok. Well what did you find?" Sam encouraged them to get straight into it.

Billy Black leaned forward slightly and dove in.

"Typically, a fay is raised into a family of fays, as you already know. Think of it as a wolfpack if that helps. There are fay communities, they keep themselves hidden. Sometimes in plain sight, but their ability with magic helps them stay stowed away from the natural world." 

I nodded. "I guess that's one of my main questions, why wasn't I included in that? Am I half-breed or something? Or was my mother banished?" I questioned, throwing around some of the ideas I had considered.

Old Quil laughed under his breath. "Not exactly," he mumbled, looking to Billy to allow him to continue.

"Juliet there's two types of fay leadership. There is one royal family but two branches, in a way, amongst fairies. One branch of this family operates to lead the fays within their habitat - The Interius Regis - to regulate everyday life amongst the species and rule from their hiding spots. Then there's a second branch - The Forus Regis - those that operate outside the community to keep their world hidden whilst also protecting the humans, bringing together all other species, and using their powers for good."

I nodded again. "Ok, that makes sense. So did I get sent out then?" I pressed, not catching on.

Old Quil took over. "Juliet, your mother was The Forus Regis Coronum." 

I looked at them blankly. "Should I know what that means?" I stated, not afraid to show my confusion.

Billy explained. "That's Latin. Your mother was the Queen. Fay Queen. And that made her the only fay that operated outside the nests, the leader of your world in ours. Only the highest ranking royals were allowed to rule the outside due to their abundant power and selflessness. She wasn't raising you in the communities because you were the Princess. Destined to one day become the Queen of fays from outside the nest."

"So...my mother was royal?" I questioned.

Old Quil nodded. "She was the Queen."

Billy noticed my hesitance to accept it and continued. "The Royals are all from that same family, but the Queens are more powerful, therefore the ones allowed to leave their nests and lead from outside. The point is to protect the fay species from humans, vampires, all other species, and to use their magic to unite all other species."

I started putting the math together. "So if my mother was the Queen...and she's gone now..." I struggled, knowing where this was going.

"Oh my god...that makes Juliet Queen" Seth announced proudly, unable to contain his excitement. 

The room stayed silent for a moment to process the words.

"Is that why I can do things that weren't listed in the books?" I questioned.

"Yes, exactly. Royal bloodlines have far more ability and power than a regular fay." Quil affirmed.

"As you already know, you absorbed your mother's power when she left you. Which is why you've been able to do so much already. But the timeline was supposed to be that you would inherit your own power and reach your potential when you became of age - 18. That's when you would take over from your mother and she would retire from her duties." Billy continued.

"But seeing as your mother died before that time, your power grew faster than we realised it would. It also means that the fay kingdom is currently without a representative. As far as they know, the Queen has died, and her daughter is going through the transition to acclaim her full power. No one can be appointed in that absence. Royalty is strictly a bloodline issue. No one could replace you or your mother, even temporarily" Quil added.

I nodded shakily. "So I'm...royal? I'm supposed to lead the rest of them?" I questioned, feeling overwhelmed and unfit for such a responsibility.

Sam sensed my anxiety growing, and made his way over to where I sat. He crouched in front of me and made me look in his eyes. "Hey. Juliet. Remember our talk, okay? We don't get given things if we can't handle them."

I looked at him and slowed my breathing, nodding in memory of our previous pep talk.

"He's right Juliet." Quil stated. "The greatest leaders in our world are those that don't expect to be leaders. They're thrown into it, and use their struggle and overwhelmed emotions to make them stronger."

I took it all in and Sam and Jared both comforted me with a hand on my back and knees. 

"So if, in theory, I was approaching that big 18th birthday...am I about to go through some changes?" I questioned, feeling like my power was about to grow based on their words.

Billy nodded with a smile. "That's a light way of putting it, yes. Juliet your power is about to grow exponentially. You've only just put a dent in it at this point. If your mother was still here, she could guide you through those changes as you come into your power. But you'll have the pack this time instead."

I smiled. "That's kinda cool," I admitted, not showing how scared I was to lose control of my ever-growing abilities.

"So what does this mean. Is she supposed to make herself known to their community? Or does she continue to work it out as she goes?" Sam proposed, asking the questions I would never think to ask.

Billy nodded. "When she's ready, the community is waiting to meet her. They knew of her birth, know she's coming. They're allowing her to figure out her power and come to terms with her new-found status and make her way to them when she's comfortable with it. They're all very excited to meet her. Royalty is massively celebrated amongst fays. It will be a joyous reunion."

I looked at him confused. "How will I know where to find them?" 

Quil smiled. "You already do, dear."

The elders excused themselves not long after the talk, leaving myself and the pack to think about it. 

"So Juliet's a Queen?" Seth questioned, Sam nodding.

"And she's barely scratched the surface to her power seeing as she hasn't even reached age yet?" Embry continued, Sam nodding again.

Jacob's turn. "And seeing as her royal status is extended outside the nest because of her position and power, she's kinda our Queen too?"

We all looked to Sam for confirmation, curious if Jake was being stupid or actually onto something. 

"Well I guess because her kind exists mainly to bring peace and protect all supernatural beings, and she's the highest form of royal ranking they can access...Yes? I guess...yeah." he summarised, putting the pieces together and second guessing himself in the process.

Paul and Seth got down on the ground and began bowing. "All hail Tinkerbell," Paul mumbled as they scrambled to pay respect.

"Oh my god, you guys get up. This doesn't have to be weird. I'll just go about my life, manage these 'changes' Billy said would come, and when the time comes, I'll pay a visit to...my people...and go from there." I summarised, downplaying the massive impact this would all have.

Jared scooted closer. "Baby, you don't have to pretend this isn't massive. It's exciting and awesome, but you must be feeling pretty overwhelmed. Are you okay?" 

God I love this man so much.

I nestled into his shoulder and hugged him. "What if I'm not good at it?" I whispered to the guys as they took on a more understanding front and dropped the jokes, realising Jared was right.

"You," he began, pulling my face to look up at him. "Are the kindest, most giving, intelligent, natural born leader I know. You were literally made for this, Juliet. You're going to be amazing. And we'll be here to help you the whole way." he comforted with a kiss on my head.

Leah spoke up. "Yeah, exactly. And hey, until you meet with them after your birthday, you won't even know what you're supposed to do. For all you know, you might just need to sit there and look pretty in a crown, so don't worry until there's something to worry about." she reasoned.

"You guys are the best." I whispered gratefully at them all.

I hugged them all, squeezing them lovingly for their patience and support throughout this whole phase of life. 

"Yo, you reckon these changes will be like puberty?" Quil asked Embry and Jake.

"What, like her boobs will grow?" Embry clarified as Jake laughed.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head at their four collective brain cells. 

"Oh my god you guys, you're literally talking about royal boobs...she could have you executed you know!" Jake interrupted.

Jared leaned into my ear, choosing to ignore his immature brothers. "Yo, my girlfriend is royalty." he whispered softly. I turned to him with a smirk. 

"Bet that gives you bragging rights?" 

He smiled wide. "You betcha." 

"I guess this would explain a lot about Juliet...why she didn't know about her species until now, why Victoria wanted her, her history of power, her mother's death leaving so much unanswered." Emily voiced.

That was true, my mother had always said I was special and hinted to something more when I started showing emotional intelligence. The amount of time we spent in the garden together and she would point out things that normal people would dismiss as fiction, and she was always so cryptic about things. 

Even little things like the fact she always had makeup on and refused to even let my dad see her without it, and some of her possessions...they were out of this world. Like a pendant she wore, and some ornaments.

She also hid a fair bit from my dad. I remember her going off on business trips every now and then and not telling dad a lot at all. As I got older I thought maybe their marriage was having trouble, despite how in love they were. But no, it seemed there was more to it. She told us she was the boss of a public relations company. I guess in hindsight 'PR' was code for our entire reality and the relations of a lot more than we realised at the time.

In a way, she was the boss of a PR company. But the company was all supernatural beings and their relationships.

I wonder how much my father really knew?

AN // Plot twist whaaaaaat she's royal!

I have loved putting a more supernatural twist on this story and bringing Juliet from new girl who gets caught up in it to her own, powerful being. I can't wait to transition her into something great and powerful with more layers than before!

Libby xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 7.3K 97
"I've never seen you around here before, are you new?" "No, I've lived here my whole life, but my parents don't allow me outside of the house, someth...
2K 65 10
"It was never a FUCKING FANTASY!" In which a teen is not who she appears to be. Views, Comments and Votes are appreciated! Started: 18/06/23 Finished...
66.9K 2.3K 39
Post Breaking Dawn An Embry Call X OC "Someone should have told me that my crush was that obviously in plain sight for anyone to see. I somehow convi...
255K 5.5K 36
Masen Rogers has been on her own since the day after she woke up from her transition. All she wants is someone who will love her, someone who she can...