✧ 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 �...

By floraljeansandyou

Summary Tags: KiriBakuDeku, Acting/YouTube/Judo career AU, discussions of abuse and past physical and sexual... More

Character Overtures
Chapter One: The Small Fry Bodyguard
Chapter Two: The Live Stream
Chapter Three: The Effect of Spectacles
Chapter Four: The False Maid
Chapter Five: The Clothing Selection
Chapter Six: The Feeling of Touch
Chapter Seven: The Sunlight That Hit Just Right
Chapter Eight: The Reevaluation
Chapter Nine: I Can't Do It
Chapter Ten: What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter Eleven: The Story That Never Happened
Chapter Twelve: The Things We Ignore
Chapter Thirteen: Anxiety
Chapter Fourteen: Changes
Chapter Sixteen: Basorexia
Epilogue

Chapter Fifteen: Tunnels and Photos

7.4K 358 395
By floraljeansandyou

Kirishima, sleep-deprived and more than a little hungry slumps in front of the bathroom's mirror, giving his toothbrush a generous amount of Colgate before stuffing it in his mouth.

Midoriya hadn't let Kirishima or Bakugou know he had gotten home safely until three AM, and neither of the males had been able to sleep until they knew for sure. So when they finally got the text from him, they were more than a little inclined to strangle the greenette.

"Did you fucking see the headlines?!" Bakugou barges into the bathroom, wearing a set of low-slung underwear, his hair is a disaster, completely demolishing Kirishima's attempt to wake up peacefully.

"Wad they tay?" Eijiro fumbles out, battling his toothbrush. The redhead was pretty sure it had something to do with last night and didn't even want to begin to guess what the journalists were saying.

"'Midoriya Izuku, Bakugou Katsuki's and Internet Sensation, Kirishima Eijiro's Boyfriend Collapses From a Drug Overdose at Last Night's Movie Premiere,'" Bakugou read off from his smartphone, with a strained sort of calm, before staring at his boyfriend, fuming. "Why the fuck do I deal with this bullshit?!"

Kirishima turns the handle on the sink, water pouring from the faucet, washes out his mouth, before dying off his face, completely unfazed. "Contact Tokoyami and have him take care of it. This isn't out of the ordinary, as long as we handle it correctly, Midoriya will be fine."

Bakugou's expression relaxes ever so slightly, but when he glances back down at his phone, his face becomes intense all over again. "Look at this one! 'Midoriya Izuku and His Three Suitors: Kirishima Eijiro, Bakugou Katsuki, and Todoroki Shoto.' Who the fuck is Todoroki Shoto, and why the dumbass even in the same sentence as us?!"

Kirishima yawns, eyelids heavy. He wasn't too concerned about Shoto. He could tell that Izuku and him had no chemistry together. "Todoroki is Midoriya's friend, remember?

Bakugou clenches his device hard enough for the prospect of it shattering to not be out of the ballpark. "Who's to say that Todoroki isn't courting the dumbass?! Even his name sounds shady as hell!"

Eijiro raises an eyebrow, amused. "I mean, he might be, he wasn't too happy that Midoriya was working for us," Kirishima notes, omitting that Todoroki was only upset about it because he liked doing matches with Izuku. The YouTuber could blame his teasings on being tired and hungry, but really, Eijiro just enjoyed messing with Katsuki.

Eijiro loved Bakugou more than anything on this Earth, but his boyfriend was oblivious as hell, so Eijiro often figured out the blonde's emotions way before Bakugou did.

Katsuki scoffs, turning on his heel. "Like I give a shit."

Eijiro follows him into the kitchen, trying not to wince as Bakugou slams the cabinets, glad that they were no longer nineteen and living in an apartment.

"Katsuki, just admit it, you like him, don't you?" Eijiro pries, leaning against the marbled counter across from the male.

Katsuki freezes, the poor mug in his hand nearly being strangled. He didn't know how he felt about Midoriya, or he did, but he wasn't ready to think about it. He ignores Kirishima, resolving not to speak after a few seconds of thick silence.

Eijiro comes up to him, slowly wrapping his tan arms around Bakugou's middle, giving enough time for Bakugou to move from his grasp. Eijiro breathed in the scent of Bakugou's cologne, the smell faded but even present.

"Just admit it," he repeats, whispering in the blonde's ear.

Bakugou turns his neck feeling like a child. "Yeah, I do, it's not a big deal."

Kirishima nuzzles his face in Katsuki's collarbone, his hands teasingly drawing circles on Katsuki's muscled abdomen. "I do too."

Katsuki scowls. "I knew that already, I might be a blundering asshole, but I'm not completely unaware."

Kirishima kisses Katsuki on the cheek jokingly. "Sure, keep telling yourself that."

_____

Midoriya peers at Bakugou awkwardly, he was immensely confused. It had been two days since the movie premiere, and since then, Midoriya had been asked if he was a drug dealer at least ten times by random strangers.

A year ago, the attention would have been terrifying, but he knew that Shigaraki would never come after him now. He was too childish for that. Shigaraki was greedy, but he'd never outrightly claim something. If anything, Shigaraki was probably expecting Izuku to come crawling back to him any day now.

No matter how true, that conclusion didn't stop Midoriya from tensing any time someone tapped his shoulder.

"Um, Kacchan, why are we still here?" Midoriya glanced around; there had been a scene out of the movie Bakugou was filming, that required the Torii Tunnels in Tokyo, which was all well and good. Anyone who didn't find the tunnels' intense crimson was insane, but after hours of waiting for the shoot to be finished, Midoriya wanted to go home. Even if as soon as he did, he'd have to continue house shopping. Despite this, they were still sitting on the ground, right at the beginning of the tunnels, getting weird looks from the tourists and onlookers.

Bakugou doesn't respond, merely sitting cross-legged, probably getting dirt all over his jeans. Izuku sighs, letting out a breath. Another reason his limbs felt heavy was the scene that Bakugou had acted in today was particularly depressing enough so that Izuku may or may not have cried. Bakugou's character's lover had died, which was cliche enough for Izuku to wonder why he had been so enraptured in the scene. But seeing the pain in Bakugou's eyes, even knowing it was fake, was printed in Izuku's mind and burned there several hours afterward.

Finally, after a long stretch of silence, Bakugou stands up, his face tight, as he stares down at Izuku.

Midoriya, not knowing what was happening, just stands up as well. Feeling as though he was missing an essential piece of a puzzle, he didn't know had existed.

"I'm sorry," Bakugou grumbles, stuffing his hands in his pockets and already walking away.

Izuku, in complete shock, blinks several times, before racing to catch up with Bakugou. What was he apologizing for? If anything, shouldn't Izuku be the one apologizing? Izuku's thoughts are interrupted by his foot stumbling over a ridge in the sidewalk, the ground suddenly coming towards him at alarming rates. Midoriya shuts his eyes, preparing for the stupidest death recorded to man, when two hands roughly grab his shoulders, saving Midoriya's precious face and body.

"Watch where you're going, nerd," Bakugou chastises, letting go of the greenette's arms quickly, face oddly warm. The blonde hated how nervous he felt anytime he touched Midoriya's milky pale skin; it wasn't like how he felt when anyone besides Kirishima touched him. Then, he felt sick. Now, he felt strangely alive.

"S-sorry," a dazed Midoriya stutters, before remembering himself. "But you can't just randomly apologize without a clause, at least explain yourself, first!"

Bakugou rolls his eyes, with false annoyance. "I'm sorry for not telling you about America," Midoriya strains to hear him but manages.

The greenette's brows furrow, before a small smile shows on his face, and a short laugh escapes him. "Well, that's a stupid thing to apologize for," Midoriya's face turns serious. "Who you decided to tell or not tell is completely and utterly your decision, you don't owe me or anyone else. As long as you trust me and realize that I'd do anything to protect you, not just because I'm hired to do so, but also because I care about you, I won't pry."

Bakugou stares into Midoriya's eyes, an odd feeling, one that took him a while to name, came over him. Bakugou felt understood, in a way he hadn't since America. Eijiro had done everything he could, but Bakugou knew the redhead was frustrated that Bakugou refused therapy, that he couldn't touch his boyfriend like he used to even if Eijiro wouldn't say it. It made Bakugou feel suffocated, like the world beneath him was crumbling.

There was a scar just beneath Bakugou's jawline, the angularness of his face, and the shadows of his face hid it for the most part, but it would never go away, and Bakugou couldn't decide if he wanted it to. He knew that it had come from that day, but he couldn't remember when it had happened, out of all the injuries he had received from America, that was the one he couldn't remember, and yet it would stay with him for forever. Talk about irony.

"Kacchan?" Midoriya inquires, hoping that he hadn't crossed a line, he had thought that his words would go over okay, but now he was feeling insecure about them.

Bakugou looks up quickly, shaking off Midoriya's worried expression. The blonde wanted to walk to his car and run far away from this conversation, but it was one he knew he needed to have.

"As I said when we met, I didn't want a bodyguard, Eijiro insisted, and I just got tired of fighting the dumbass. I was planning on firing you one week in; I didn't see the purpose of having you here." Bakugou observes Midoriya's expression, but the Judoka didn't seem offended in the slightest. "However, I was arrogant to think I could live my life exactly how I used to, and the more I was around you, the more I realized that. I'm not perfect; if anything, I'm painstakingly weak." Bakugou pauses, looking directly at Midoriya. "But, there's something I want you to know; if you decide to return to Judo, Eijiro and I could not be happier for you. I understand why you're so afraid, you'll notice I have booked any tickets for America and won't be anytime soon, but Judo is your passion, don't be a dumbass and let it slip away from you if you still want it."

Izuku's mouth twists, and his first inclination is to snap at Bakugou for pushing him towards Judo, but he stops himself and looks at the ground. "I used to think that Judo was all I had, that everything else would leave me, and Shigaraki was more than inclined to reinforce that ideology. But leaving Judo, helped me finally notice all the other things in my life. I won't lie, I miss Judo. I miss it a lot, actually. And I'm pretty positive a few years on; I'll be able to get in the ring and face everything that makes me tremble, now," Izuku gives Bakugou a breathtakingly adorable grin. "Right now, though, I just want to enjoy what's around me."

Two Weeks Later_____

"I still can't look at this bullshit without being pissed!" Bakugou slams the photo album down, enraged.

Kirishima frowns, worried that the blonde injured the dining room table. Midoriya, after some convincing, decided to stay for dinner that night, and the night had been peaceful until Eijiro chose to pull out some high school photos. The image had shown Bakugou standing next to Eijiro, the former black-haired boy grinning as he held up a second-place medal, he was wearing a suit and tie, both of which a navy-blue color. Katsuki was standing to the side, wearing a t-shirt and jeans, hair a mess.

"Monoma never should have won! That asshole's performance was horrible!" Bakugou shouts.

Eijiro sighs. "I stuttered through my piece halfway through; besides, you're just upset you didn't get to compete against him in the prelim rounds since you were sick."

Katsuki points at his boyfriend accusingly. "I can't believe you don't care! You spent hours researching for that speech, and what do you get? The pity award!"

Eijiro slowly closes the album. He was pretty sure no one else on the planet considered second place, the pity award, but didn't bother arguing against it.

Eijiro shoots a smile towards Midoriya but falters when he sees Midoriya zoned out, staring at the wooden table.

"Earth to Midoriya," Eijiro singsongs until Midoriya breaks his gaze, immediately touching his neck and apologizing.

"Sorry, I was just thinking," Midoriya mumbles, gnawing on his lip. He still hadn't been able to find a suitable apartment, and he was worried that his credit score wouldn't be good enough for most landlords.

Eijiro's eyes soften. "'Bout what?"

Izuku starts rambling under his breath, neither Eijiro nor Katsuki were able to catch a lick of it.

"Hold up, dumbass, what are you trying to say?" Bakugou asks, resting his head with his arm.

Midoriya sighs, but doesn't see the harm in telling them. "My friend Uraraka wants to move in with her girlfriend, Tsu, and I can't afford the rent of that place on my own, so I've been trying to find a place but haven't had much luck. Uraraka says to take as long as I need, but I'd like to move out as soon as possible, I don't want to be an inconvenience, and Uraraka has been such a help to me already-"

"Just move in with us, then," Kirishima offers lightly as if speaking of a new hairstyle and not providing a place to stay.

Midoriya blanches, astonished. "Wha-?"

Bakugou nods, agreeing with his boyfriend. "Maybe then you won't be an hour late every day."

Izuku, feeling like the ground beneath him was spinning, shakes his head, as appealing as the proposition sounded, he didn't want to pray upon their kindness like that. Besides, Izuku's feelings towards Kirishima and Bakugou had nearly doubled in size over the course of a few weeks; the greenette didn't know what living with them would do. "I'm sorry, but I'd feel horrible to impose like that."

Bakugou raises an eyebrow. "So, you don't want to live with us?"

Izuku's eyes dilate. "N-no, I'd love to! Well, not love, but maybe, I dunno! I do know that I can't just move in."

Eijiro turns his head, struggling to read the greenette, and directly resolving that one, Midoriya looked cute in the cardigan he was wearing ( a vague thought, but an important one ). And two, that if Midoriya honestly didn't want to live with them, then the greenette would have to tell them to their faces directly.

"If you say that it's okay, I don't see why you couldn't," Kirishima states, tugging on the collar on his shirt.

Midoriya looks down. "I don't see why you'd want me here in the first place." The sentence sounded annoyingly insecure, and Midoriya hated it, yet the words had slipped out anyway.

Bakugou, to everyone's surprise, speaks first. "Because we care about you, nerd."

Midoriya looks up, gaze questioning. "Care about me? What do you mean?"

Katsuki glances at Eijiro as if saying 'take it from here, I suck at this shit.'

Eijiro wasn't sure how far Katsuki wanted to go with this, his partner's face was utterly blank, and the redhead nearly froze right there. The two had wanted to tell Midoriya about their feelings for a while but hadn't discussed when they were planning on doing so. Eijiro couldn't help but feel a little irritated that Katsuki had dropped this on his lap in such a way.

"Midoriya..." Kirishima's throat tightens, what if the greenette didn't feel the same way? What if Midoriya just quit right then and there? With everything he's gone through, it wouldn't be out of the ballpark. "Midoriya, we like you a lot. And we want to be your boyfriends."

○●○●○●○●

Author

:). 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 46 9
katsuki bakugou is in love with someone. someone he shouldn't be in love with. bright red hair, matching crimson hued eyes, there's only one person i...
80.1K 3.5K 91
warning: content in here will vary drastically. storylines can range from mild to triggering. viewer discretion is advised ...
294 12 2
Yea, you read that right. BakuDeku fics for the win I love Angst and Pain feel free to make suggestions and I'll try to roll with it This series...
23.7K 1.6K 35
Bakugo had everything. Four kids, an expensive but loving husband, and a great job. Until his husband decided he wanted more. His husband left him...