Stranger | Jikook/Kookmin

Oleh jotajotakapa

There are stranger things about the world. There are stranger things about people. But nothing and no one has... Lebih Banyak

Confirmation
Introduction | Prestory
1 | First String of Fate
2 | Team Secret Services
3 | Code Word: Mascot
4 | Tracking Down the Hacker
5 | Being a Fool
6 | Boy With Twists
7 | Costume Box and a Pair of Boxers
8 | Fandom
9 | Molt Icebergs
10 | Not Supposed to Fall
11 | Deal With The Devil
12 | Little By Little
13 | Ice Cream Couple
14 | Hal Su Iss-eo
15 | Sweet-Talker Fierce-Walker
16 | Muse
17 | The Impetuous Guest
18 | Full of Surprises
19 | Imposter
20 | Precious To Me
21 | Mid String of Fate
22 | See For Yourself
23 | Are You Gonna Stay?
25 | Best Hugs
26 | Inspired or Some Shit
27 | Delivering
28 | Fuel to the Fire
29 |Team Makeover
30 | Hackers on the Dome
31 | Pamper Day
32 | A Seaweed Problem
33 | Hide-And-Seek
34 | Soon Enough
35 | Better Than the Truth
36 | Two Babies
37 | Anything For You
38 | Karma is Pinkman
39 | Always
40 | Last String of Fate
FareWell
Jimin (Point of View PT1)
Jimin (Point of View PT2)
Jimin (Point of View PT3)
Namjoon (Point of View)
Minji (Point of View)
Yoongi (Point of View)
Special Announcement

24 | Dozillion Times

554 41 57
Oleh jotajotakapa

The first weekend of May is a Sunday, marking the official entry into the summer season. It's exciting, of course, to step into a full-blooming time of the year, especially if you have young love to look forward to. Summers have been nothing but sweet to Jungkook, gifted him with warm memories and unforgettable laughters. Albeit bringing similar feelings to Jungkook's fluttery heart, he can already tell this one will be a little different than the others. 

Less games and more sincerity.

Less satiety and more discovery.

By the end of this summer, Jungkook won't be marking the ends but the beginnings. He won't be crossing off items from his to-do lists, plainly because he doesn't know what's coming this time round. Never been a close-minded person, he feels even braver this time, not to kick seashells into the water but to collect them. A vast beach lays before him, and the sun is not there to tan his skin anymore. It is there to leak in between the gaps of those shells and reveal the ones with gems to Jungkook's innocuous eyes. 

Fun is still fun, but Jungkook kind of wants replace its memories with people.

Now, back to what he should be doing which is not daydreaming. He is stocked, surprising to a Sunday. Dokyeom invited him to a study session they are having with some classmates so he'll be meeting him in the library. They ended up study mates, and even though Jungkook would like to spend time with him outside of classwork, he doesn't think he has time or energy to allocate to more people than he already has in his life.

The main one being a certain blonde-hairy fairy that he is sure will take at least 70% of his time.

It's impossible not to smile like an idiot at the reminder that they are dating now. They never went on any date, yet — soon, but it is what it is, you know? 

Funny thing is that they said butterflies were short-lived, but Jungkook can summon his ones any time. All he has to do is recall Jimin and they are dancing in his stomach like they are happier than Jungkook himself. 

Oh, Jimin is going to take all of his time, all right.

Jungkook can't stop the enormous grin from stretching his face, turning the key on his door.

Step.

Huff-huff.

Shuffles.

More shuffles.

The commotion running on the stairs of their floor is by... Jungkook peeks and peeks—

Oh there she is.

A fifteen-looking girl with the uniform of the high school from the curb of the street is busy lugging supermarket bag after supermarket bag, piling them up at the stair break and carrying as much as she can half the way, only to go back to collect some more. 

Jungkook knows her as the daughter of neighbors across his apartment, but they never really interacted more than polite smiles.

Guess today's the day.

Jungkook is just about to surge and help her out when an all-black wearing hooded man splints down the upper flat's stairs, carelessly bumping into the poor girl and sending her shoulder crashing to the wall with a cry. The plastics in her hands fall, making a rolling mess of oranges over the stairs, among other things.

Unable to shrug off the shock of what he has seen until the man bows and rolls a few oranges in the direction of the plastics, then runs off, Jungkook breaks into a fit of temper, hurrying to the girl's side to help her up while trying to spot the face of the intruder over the cracks of the stairs extending through the building's middle.

Piece of shit!

"Are you okay?" he asks the shocked girl, who nods timidly and rubs her hand over her shoulder, nevertheless looking alright. Jungkook lets her go once he is sure she can stand safely, stepping back though he can't help but feel cautious. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I only hit my shoulder," she makes a short eye contact, her gaze slipping at the dispersed items and a puff following right after. "Why do rude people exist," she murmurs and gets ready to collect everything but Jungkook would never let her.

"I'll ask around about him. Don't worry," he assures, quickly acting in favor of getting her stuff together and doesn't hesitate in carrying everything to her door — proudly, all at the get go, one time, baby.

Four plastics in one hand, five on the other. 

Stop Jungkook if you can, sparks flying off his arms as his veins pop up real good (painful) but of course he doesn't make a sound, dropping everything at the edge of the door.

He turns around to find the girl watching him with her jaw hanging open.

"Are you even human?" 

Jungkook pauses for a second and then bursts into laughter, though he contains it immediately for the sake of humility. He awkwardly strings along as she walks the stairs past him, unlocking the door while eyeing him incredulously. 

"Why do you have so many plastics anyway?" Jungkook poses just not to look even warier than he is. He is honestly disappointed at his social skills in face of a high schooler.

"We went shopping with my parents but they had something else to do right after. Sooo I was left with these mountain of ingredients at the porch," she sighs, finally tearing her eyes away, slumping her weight against the door as she turns and twists the key. When it opens it looks like she is going to fall inside and Jungkook does take that one step forward in reflex, but she makes an ordinary show out of it, pushing the plastics inwards with her feet.

Jungkook feels for the tomatoes but okay.

She shouldn't care about fucking tomatoes at fifteen, all naturally.

He stares attentively when the girl gives her a look over her shoulder, supporting half her body inside through the knob. 

"Thanks for the help, oppa," she smiles small, more like she can't wait to go inside. "I'll tell eomma to make you tofu vegetable soup with these," she kicks at a random plastic — again, Jungkook's insides tear. 

If any of those are alive, he feels like commenting but she is being sweet so he skips on it. "No need, hagsaeng, I won't be home at night," he firmly smiles, getting ready to leave.

"Hagsaeng," she breathes through he nose, swinging her head so she has a better view of Jungkook. "I'm June."

Jungkook chuckles to himself, nodding slowly. "And I'm Jungkook, nice to meet you."

She shortly smiles at him (there is still remnants of an attitude in there), taking her shoes off and going inside. She is then in her own world while pulling in the plastics, and Jungkook decides that it is indeed time for him to leave.

It must have been nice for her to meet Jungkook too, after all the help he provided with her bags and checking on her. All that shiz, you know. She didn't have to say it for Jungkook to get it, right...?

Haha...

Well.

Jungkook ruffles his hair dismissively and jogs through the street to catch up. He is sorta late now.

Study group goes well.

Next is Secret Services meeting. They have to come up with pledges for the upcoming Student Body President Campaign Speech or whatever — no one's interested enough to offer any good pledges. 

They up noting down a bunch of ridiculous promises, hoping it will be funny enough to make the attending students laugh, and in turn vote for Jungkook.

Easy plan.

Now...

Jungkook lets a squeal out loud as he jogs back to his house, and it scares off a smoking barber front his shop but nothing can bring Jungkook to care. 

HE. IS. GOING. ON. A. DATE. WITH. JIMIN!!!!!!

He swings the door of his apartment open, throwing his bags and peeling off his clothes on the way to the bedroom. He can't possibly wait, judge much?!

He needs a good, and by that he means, a good scrub today, because His Blonde Majesty took time out of his Sunday to plan a date for the two of them and Jungkook should be grateful enough to smell like the flowers to him. Look absolutely good, uber hot, some type of irresistible to show Jimin the rightful decision he made.

Honestly, Jungkook thought he'd be the one setting their first date but Jimin asked him out right that day he revealed being a dad to Jungkook. At the door step he stopped Jungkook and told him he wanted to take him out to a unique place the nearest weekend. He did reveal that it was one of the three-onlys in the entirety of South Korea, but never where exactly. 

Jungkook loves surprises so he kept his mouth shut about that part, but did make a snarky comment like, "Nearest weekend meaning this weekend?" and did get Jimin to laugh, so points for him, if you know what he's saying.

Jungkook now knows that Jimin hanging out with him means Jimin sacrificing from his time with Byeongie, so he wants every second to be worth it. 

An hour of preparation later Jungkook is looking muah. 

He is wearing a white shirt and jeans. 

His cologne though, credits to his cologne though.

It's vanilla.

Okay, his hair. His hair is really good. Actually not something he does all the time or anyth–

He combed it to the sides.

Shit, Jungkook realizes right there and then, shit.

Jimin is taking him to a super rare, probably expensive-ass, high class restaurant and he looks exactly what like a college student looks like!

He is a college student but-ahshfshsh. THAT'S NOT THE POINT, MY GUY.

Amidst his crisis he barely gives the naked tiles of his bedroom a one-turn slide to get to that cupboard he only opens on special occasions, maybe grab a half-suit or something, and his phone is going off.

FUCK.

He extracts his phone from under the pile of towels on his bed only to see that it's Jimin calling.

He whines.

He literally whines and it literally sounds like a dying whale but he can't help his frustration.

He never considered the date being luxurious, since Jimin is a pretty casual person from what he observed and from the much that they actually hung out (!) so he just... went for the first non-black hot look he could gather from his–

The ringing stops.

He missed it!

"No no no no," he freaks out, fingers dancing weirdly as he finds Jimin's contact and gives it the quickest tap — he outdid tap dancers, excuse Jungkook who is freaking out

"Hey, you ready?" Jimin answers right away.

Jungkook closes his eyes in regret, nodding. 

"Gguk?"

Stupid.

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming hyung, give me a sec."

"Kay, waiting!"

Here goes nothing...

Jungkook takes a deep breath before opening the door of his building. There is this sweet, bumbling excitement that has taken over him, heart young and carefree. He does care, there is so much that he cares about, indeed, that it sums up to an oust. Weird, right? It's that feeling of holding so much on the line that you convince yourself you'll be okay regardless of the outcome just to survive the build up.

Mild, bittersweet, welcome troublings. 

Another deep breath.

Jungkook steps outside, only to face a surprising sight.

Parked at his porch is a Gladiator, a ratchet jeep. Somehow worn out around the edges, but nothing short of functional. Expansive windows and everything, the interior is easily visible even from a distance, and what he sees doesn't fail to flutter Jungkook's heart.

There in the drivers seat, beaming at Jungkook is a gorgeous blonde man.

His date. 

Just the thought...

Jungkook honestly has no clue how he is going to survive the night, but okay. He'll figure that out when the palpitations hit. Right now they are more than manageable, in fact, Jungkook is extremely excited to be meeting Jimin that he doesn't hesitate to add a little bounce to his steps, a wild grin on his face when he opens the passenger door.

Jimin waves invitingly.

Jungkook settles on his seat and buckles his belt immediately, letting his  eyes land on Jimin from up close. He is... goddamnit. A striped mono shirt with sleeves hanging off his jean jacket and fitted slacks, Park Jimin looks royally effortless. His blonde hair is combed to the back perfectly, not even one strand out of line, revealing his forehead just the right amount. Jungkook should really learn from him.

And he is gonna stare at Jimin all night, he just knows.

"Hey," Jimin breathes out, and it's just obvious to a nervous person how nervous he also is. 

"Hi hyung, sorry for making you wait," Jungkook smiles, stirring giddily in his spot. 

"It's all good. How are you?"

"Excited, a little nervous," Jungkook admits, to Jimin's delight. There is no point in hiding it, they seem to be on the same page anyway.

"Yeah, m-me too," Jimin replies, gazing down just briefly like he needs a break to gather himself together. "But I have something really great planned for today, so we should be fine," he proposes then.

"I had a couple guesses until I saw the truck," Jungkook teases. "I'm assuming we're not going high-class?" he puts it in finger brackets.

"Not today," Jimin taps on the wheel, jumpy. "Have you ever been to a drive-in theater?"

Jungkook's eyes grow. He doesn't know what that means. 

"I'm guessing you haven't," Jimin smiles. "But I'm sure you'll like it. I've got everything covered so that we have a perfect night."

Hearing him talk about his preparations all eagerly is enough reason for Jungkook to enjoy tonight. It means the world to him that Jimin is looking forward to spending time together; it shows his interest in Jungkook. Not that Jimin hasn't mentioned or shown that before... but it's just... it's still very cute and reassuring, okay.

"I'm sure I'll like it too, then."

Jimin beams, cheeks darkening a little. He braces himself to say something, failing at first but then gathering enough courage to look Jungkook in the eyes. "You... um, you look good. You look handsome, I mean."

It's Jungkook's turn to blush and he bets it's just as bad at Jimin's. Fuck, will they be able to make it through the night like this? Why is this so nerve-recking?

"You look a dozillion times better, so..."

Jimin bursts into a laugh, eyes growing in surprise. "Dozillion? Is that even a word?"

Jungkook is more confident when he is teasing, so he does exactly that. "I made it up for you. You are that exceptional."

As cringey as it is, his silly attempt at flirting works in humoring Jimin, which was the ultimate goal. Maybe it doesn't really matter if he embarrasses himself because Jimin literally responds to everything he says in a pleasant way. 

"Shall we go?" 

"Let's geddit!"

A drive-in theater turns out to being an outdoors cinema for people who wanna watch a movie from their car. It's mind-blowing to Jungkook who had never known such a setup even existed. Apparently in the older times they were a real popular pastime but as the indoors cinemas were built people stopped favoring drive-ins, preferring comfortable seats and fancy halls. Nevertheless, South Korea has 3 drive-in theaters still alive and well-functioning, one in Seoul, another in Daegu and the last one in Gidae.

So cool!

Jimin pulls up next to an entrance booth, two more cars ahead of them before they get their turn to buy tickets and reserve a parking spot. There is a billboard with the screening movies on display right next to the booth, and a little farther ahead line up the concession stands, bustling with eager children, families and young adults. The atmosphere is so unique that Jungkook fills with warmth.

"Alright, so what do you wanna watch?" 

Jungkook wakes up from his thoughts. "Did you have anything in mind?"

"Well I just know that they are showcasing some of the movies of our childhood," Jimin smiles, excited. "I thought that it would be fun to watch something that wouldn't keep us too busy and focused."

Jungkook really loves his way of thinking. "Then should we pick a movie that we have both seen before?"

"Yes! Let's see what they have here."

They advance in the line after a car that finishes booking, dipping their heads to take a peek at the billboard now that they are closer. Jungkook is excited right off the bat when he sees a psycho-horror movie he remembers watching with his friends in the closet during a high school sleepover.

"Jimin hyung, how about A Tale of Two Sisters? I got the goosebumps during that one, it was really good!"

Jimin hits him in the arm with a pout. "I was traumatized from that..."

Jungkook throws him an amused look. "You don't like scary movies?"

"No! I hate them."

Jungkook coos. "I can protect you though."

"Such a tease," Jimin snorts, going back to surveying their options. "Shall we go for The Way Home?"

Their eyes click, innocent sparkles forming in their pupils simultaneously. The Way Home is such a homey movie, Jungkook remembers the hit with nothing but fondness. It's about this tempered small boy who has to move to the countryside to live with his mute grandma, their dynamics and way of learning each other's language over time. It sounds like the perfect choice for a nostalgia. 

So they settle for that.

There is apparently another hour for the movies to start, so Jimin parks the car at their reserved ramp and suggests for them to snack at the open-field alongside the movie lots. Jungkook is a little hungry so he agrees right away. It was a good idea to come here earlier; now they have time to chill and converse beforehand.

Jimin takes them to a food stand amongst the many lined up, greeting the staff with a bright smile and engaging in a conversation with them as they prepare their slice pizzas and beverages. He explains to Jungkook that it's good to support the local businesses around here because they work hard and are their city's legacy. Upon that, Jungkook sneaks away when Jimin is chattering, returning with a big bag of snacks he is sure they won't be able to finish. 

Jimin laughs at Jungkook's cute act of kindness, but there is a special glint in his eyes that appreciates his devotion and attentiveness.

When they settle at the empty benches on the side of the soccer field, the sun is close to setting. The sky is a canvas of dancing pinks and purples, the breeze warm and calm. Some guys are playing with a ball, families strolling around the huge green area to pass time just like them. This is such a big area that it accommodates four different screening sites and still has a lot of space left for chill-outs.

Jungkook really likes the vibes in here. It's like they got away from the city for a bit. He didn't know he needed this refreshing break.

His attention eventually falls on Jimin, the older man biting on his pizza. Jungkook can't help but chuckle. He looks really cute. 

Jimin looks up at him, flushing when he realizes he is being stared at. It causes him to eat faster, rushing a napkin to his lips to clean any sauce remains.

"Want?" he shows his pizza to Jungkook, already bringing the slice to Jungkook's lips. Jungkook tips his head in acceptance, taking a delicious bite from it and making a grunting noise to show how much he likes it. 

But then there is a Jimin, who is staring at his gone pizza because Jungkook ate more than half of it. He is an idiot.

"I'm sorry hyung," he laughs, too, bashfully, at which Jimin further pouts. Too bad it makes Jungkook laugh harder. 

"You are a meanie!"

"Here, you can have from mine," Jungkook snickers, pulling his own pizza out of the wrapper. He. then pretends to feed Jimin but pulls the pizza away right when Jimin is about to take a bite, causing a frown on the elders face and another episode of laughing by Jungkook.

"I'm so done with you."

Don't blame Jungkook by loving to tease his hyung so much. He just has the cutest reactions when he is upset! Jungkook loves him so very much, that he apologizes until Jimin is somewhat convinced, then feeds him nicely until the blonde has eaten the entire slice. 

"You're such a brat sometimes, you know?" Jimin breathes from his nose funnily, cleaning his mouth with the napkin for the last time. Jungkook doesn't say anything but he is grinning sheepishly, choosing to look at his lap. "How is your campaign going by the way?"

The campaign. Right. 

"It's just going," Jungkook snorts softly, pausing for a sip from his ice tea. "In the beginning everyone was so eager for the mascot show and everything, but I don't think any of the members give a fuck now."

Jimin passes him a sympathetic smile, eyes trained on the younger expectantly.

"We were preparing the campaign pledges just today morning, and you had to hear the ideas."

"Oh! What were they like?"

"They are telling me to promise to build a bridge between the dorms and the campus building."

"What?" Jimin laughs easily, the back of his hand coming to cover it. 

"They are hopeless, I swear," Jungkook cackles to himself, shoulders shaking lightly. "Yoongi hyung was like, how about we build a car wash at the parking lot for convenience?" Jimin's laughs increase, body gravitating towards Jungkook. Seeing him happy brings the younger so much satisfaction that he keeps going. "And then Minji said that we should open a sex museum in the school yard."

Minutes pass while Jungkook goes on and on about their silly meeting and Jimin listens wholeheartedly, laughs at nearly everything he says, cheeks starting to flush from how worked up he has gotten much. Jungkook can't stop looking at him, can't get enough of his melodic giggles, can't help but admire. 

"I think it will work, regardless," Jimin wipes the little tears under his eyes, trying to compose himself. "Students love these sort of clowneries. I think you'll get selected."

"Of course I will!" Jungkook passes him an offended look. "I want you to be reenrolled more than anything, there is nothing I won't do to get elected."

Flowers bloom in Jimin's face, the blonde suddenly tuning in to Jungkook's eyes like he wants to be a part of their sea. "Jungkook-ah," he says softly. "You don't hate me for making that deal, do you?"

Jungkook doesn't think he has much left within him to talk, being the source of Jimin's undivided attention. His heart races as he purses his lips and shakes his head. "I'm glad you made it."

Jimin's eyes fall to his lap, the boy's smile reaching his cheekbones even though he is trying to keep himself contained. Right at the moment the wind flushes through his hair, fluttering the reflection of the sun through his golden locks ethereally. Jungkook blinks slowly, taking in everything. Learning to live with magic that comes alive when Jimin exists next to him.

"I'm sort of missing being a student," Jimin speaks with a reserved voice, his pronunciation so tender that it gives away the vulnerabilities behind his desire. "I had gotten used to a routine over the years. My various jobs, sometimes the company, taking care of Byeongie, saving..." he wets his lips. "Then this year I started realizing that I was missing something. I was always grateful for my life, but that started not being enough," his eyes flicker up at Jungkook's, a smile tugging at his lips.

Jungkook swallows, feeling the air grow intimate between them ever slowly. Looking at Jimin when he is being vulnerable does something to his heart that he can't describe with words.

"You know when I first broke that routine?"

Jungkook shakes his head. 

Jimin breathes a soft laugh. "At our café, when I accepted hacking the school for you."

"Jimin hyung..."

Jimin scrunches his nose, closing his eyes for a bit like he is embarrassed. "I know I'm making it sound like a big deal," he shields his smile with the back of his hand, fingers tipping from his long-sleeve. "But when I came to understand what it meant to you, I felt like a piece of shit for standing in your way. You were feeling pretty dull back then, weren't you?"

Jungkook nods, a little emotional over Jimin's sweet words. "Yeah..."

"I figured," Jimin snorts, making Jungkook smile shyly.

"But I thought you were saying no for the right reasons, Jiminie hyung."

Jimin shifts closer, hand landing on Jungkook's hair from the side, shuffling it cutely. "You did?"

Jungkook tries to trap his smile in between his lips, nodding humbly. He guesses now it's Jimin's turn to watch him. 

"You're the most understanding," Jimin caresses his locks a little. "But I was just being stubborn. Scared for no reason other than being used to dullness. Distanced myself from all the fun because that's what being responsible entailed," he mocks himself.

Jungkook turns his head towards Jimin slowly, making Jimin's hand fall on his shoulder. He smirks at the blonde. "So you think hanging out with me is fun?"

Jimin laughs, nodding immediately. "Always. You're unpredictable."

Jungkook loves hearing that. He loves knowing that he's good for Jimin. 

"At first I thought I'd just do what I had to and get out of the way but you are so persistent, you know?" Jimin speaks in disbelief. "You make a person feel guilty for not wanting to be around you!"

Jungkook cackles, a little embarrassed, nevertheless happy that his antics worked.

"You have those puppy eyes, too," Jimin looks down on him like it's not fair that he gets a superpower. 

"You are no short of persistent, hyung!" Jungkook accuses Jimin in retaliation, the blonde's eyes widening comically. "You know how much you made me suffer?!" He sounds so passionate that Jimin can't stop a few laughs from slipping. "And you're so cute and sweet it was impossible to not fall for you."

Jimin gets shy, hands crawling inside his sweater paws and eyes escaping to his lap.

Jungkook watches his beauty for a while, awestruck until his heart can't take it anymore. If Jimin likes his unpredictability then he'd be glad to shower him in it. So he leans forward and gives him a kiss on the cheek, smiling sheepishly when the older looks at him surprise.

Eventually, the corners of Jimin's lips curl upwards, the man hitting Jungkook's foot with his own. "This is exactly what I meant," he mumbles.

Jungkook squeezes his hands in between his legs, shoulders crunching up from how full he is feeling. "How did you... decide to let me in then?" he asks, voice coming out unsteady and quiet.

Jimin hums, taking a deep breath before answering. "I liked being happy again. I liked hanging out with you, trying foods and drinking together. I don't know, you had a way of pulling me out of my normal," he pauses, offering Jungkook a sincere smile. "Then I had a conversation with a friend..." Jungkook looks at him curiously. "Adora?"

Oh.

What... what does she have to do with anything?

"She came to my house one night, real grumpy," Jimin rolls his eyes. "We are pretty close, I think I told you that we met in university first year, right?"

Jungkook nods fastly, toothing the crust on his lips. He is growing impatient.

"Yeah so she drops by whenever she wants, Byeongie loves her too. Anyway, she came in one night and acting all bossy and stuff. She sat me and gave me a good scolding..." Jimin looks at Jungkook like he is checking his reaction. "On why I was being such an ass to you."

Jungkook's jaw drops. "An ass?"

Jimin bursts into an unexpected laughter that even himself didn't see coming. "Yeah."

"B-but how? I mean, I didn't tell her about you!"

Jimin smiles apologetically. "I did...?"

Jungkook pauses, his head falling to the side.

"That night when you dropped me home after the mascot show, I was feeling pretty struck... But I couldn't say anything to Sungwoon because he gets overprotective sometimes and you guys had a little altercation or whatever that was. So... my drunk ass called Adora and spilled the beans on having crush towards you..." Jimin purses his lips, blushing.

"So she knew that... you had feelings towards me?"

Jimin nods, guilty. "Then that night she barged in and she was like 'stop being stubborn and give the boy a chance," Jimin mimics a high pitched tone. "She started defending you to me, can you believe it! She started telling me that someone else would snatch you if I didn't do anything and I got... I actually got scared!"

Jungkook grins shyly. Adora, man. She is... god, she is the best. Seriously. She must have felt for Jungkook when he opened up to her at the convenience store seats. That night they had resonated with each other, had a great conversation and kind of patted each other's backs over relationships and life. Jungkook is grateful that she didn't say anything about Hajoon to Jimin (he'd like to bring it up himself, if necessary) but he appreciates the push... 

Adora defended Jungkook, someone she knew for a couple weeks, to Jimin, his years-old close friend.

That means a lot. Tells about how righteous she is. Again, she has balls that a thousand men together couldn't afford.

"Jimin hyung..." Jungkook says quietly, the blonde pausing his speech to look at him. Jungkook sucks on his bottom lip, unsure whether he should really say it. But since Jimin is opening up about his own experience then Jungkook might as well... right? "When you came over for dinner last week, I was gonna tell you something, remember? But I didn't because you confessed."

Jimin blinks, nodding haltingly. 

Jungkook checks his expression again. "Um. I was actually gonna say that we shouldn't see each other anymore... because it was hurting me to be friends with you while I had feelings towards you..."

Jimin lets his head fall, more nods coming. He sighs, hand slowly crawling into Jungkook's and fingers slipping in between his owns. They lock eyes again. "I figured it was something like that. But I'm glad I was able to sort my thoughts faster than you decided for it."

Jungkook smiles, aligning his fingers with Jimin's and clasping their hands together. Jimin watches him do it, sparkles lighting his eyes. "But things worked out, didn't they?"

A soft laugh shakes through Jimin's body, the man shifting closer to Jungkook. "They did," he says, looking into Jungkook's eyes beats apart, both of them being pulled into a world of their own. "I'm glad."

Jungkook tightens their fingers when he feels Jimin approximate even further, the blonde's lips meeting the skin of the younger's cheek and his free arm coming around him to pull them into a hug. Jungkook follows suit, wrapping his own arm around Jimin's shoulders and burying his face on Jimin's neck. The other does the same, pecking Jungkook's neck over and over again. 

Jungkook closes his eyes and basks in the calmness of Jimin's smell, feeling atop of the world.

"Me too," he whispers before nuzzling the smooth skin where Jimin's hair begins, goosebumps rising under his lips. 

They hug each other like that as long as sun sets, hands caressing each other, bodies accommodating sparks of acceptance. Then an announcement about their movie runs, at which they have to part, but never their hands. 

They walk back to the truck with smiles dancing on their faces, eyes barely leaving each other. 

Jimin dunks all of his preparations on the cargo bed, the uncovered back of the truck where they will be watching the movie. They spread two layers of blankets under them and dump the pillows on the back, placing the snacks and the drinks on their sides — the perfect cozy environment to cuddle up as they watch. Jimin makes them put on repellent to make sure they are safe from the mosquitos, which is a cute scene itself because they end up creaming each other's faces instead. 

Everybody else settles, some setting up camping chairs, others watching from inside their cars while the rest do it like Jimin and Jungkook, at the trunk of their pick up trucks. The staff go around wishing everyone a good time, offering additional popcorn and beverages which Jimin and Jungkook stock up. It's funny how loaded they are with snacks when clearly there is no way two men them can finish all of this.

Then the movie starts.

It's lovely, funny and gentle. The perfect movie for a date night. 

They laugh a lot, feel tearful sometimes, but what they always do is cuddle. Jimin rests his head on Jungkook's shoulder and Jungkook has his arm around Jimin, both of them cozied up on each other's heat to shield from the cold, until they need another blanket to cover up properly.

The lucky pick is a soft baby blue blanket, apparently Jimin's favorite color. Jungkook says that it suits him, which makes Jimin giggle to his chest, tightening his arms around Jungkook's torso and squeezing his shoulders up when Jungkook plants a kiss on his forehead.

Jungkook can get used to this, very easily. In fact, he already has. He has no idea how he is going to let Jimin go tonight because he wants this to go on forever. 

He shows him as much love as he can, feeds him, asks him if he's comfortable and rubs up and down his arm. Jimin seems to be so content down there that he keeps making these cute noises whenever he is being giving attention. Once in a while he sits up to comment something about the movie and his breath will catch in his throat from how excited he is. 

And Jungkook loves those little commentaries more than the movie itself.

Jimin tells him about how tighter people in Gidae were when he was younger, how closer bonds they had when everybody knew each other. The cultural proximity still exists on a very observable manner, but he explains how Gidae's industrialization drove many of their older neighbors away to the villages. Now Gidae is a student city, mainly because of its university, but the city folk hosts them like new family now. The businesses stay linked together and exist in solidarity with each other to not lose their bonds and values.

It's very beautiful.

Jungkook feels that way in his village back in Busan, and he tells Jimin about that. He talks about his grandparents and how beautiful the plains there are. Jimin is pleasantly surprised to hear that Jungkook spends most of his time working at the rice fields when he visits. They laugh when Jungkook says that his grandma looks a lot like this woman in the movie, she got popular in the village when this movie got released and was even interviewed by KBS.

In the end, they talk more than watching. And that's more than okay, because that was the plan anyway. 

Then it's time for Jungkook to leave, the truck parked right outside his house. 

He can't.

There is a sizzle tugging at his heart to not.

"We'll see each other again soon," Jimin caresses the back of his hand with his thumb.

Jungkook purses his lips, swimming in Jimin's dreamy eyes. "When... I already miss you."

Jimin laughs shyly, blushing a little so he dips his head down, watching their hands instead. "I miss you too."

Jungkook's heart threatens to break through his chest, his stomach emptying at the thought of being apart from him. And this was just the first date. God, he can't keep doing this every time...

"I had a great time today, thank you Jimin-ssi," Jungkook says, not recognizing his voice from how soft and melodic it comes out. Would he ever be like this towards someone... he can't believe it was possible to feel this way. 

Jimin blinks slowly, nodding. "I had a great time, too. Thank you for going with me."

They stay staring at each other for a while like that, attraction buzzing from their eyes, drunk and swaying. 

Jimin breathes then, suddenly breaking out of trance. 

"Shit, I almost forgot," he gathers his hand, turning towards the very back of the backseat, only to return with something that brings Jungkook's heart to a stop.

Jungkook stares in shock, unable to formulate words.

What Jimin's holding is a bouquet of cherry-colored tiger flowers. He then holds them forward to Jungkook, whose hands shake as he receives them,  eyes gliding up to Jimin's for elaboration.

"You got me flowers the first time you came to visit my house," Jimin says timidly, voice a little nasally like he is about to get emotional. "So I wanted to get you your birth flowers for our first date."

Jungkook's bottom lip crawls up, his pupils trembling as he gives Jimin that puppy look.

"Jeon Jungkook," Jimin says in an utterly cute way, a big smile on his face, literally scrunching up his whole body and asking Jungkook with a tiny feminine voice. "Will you be my boyfriend?"

It's impossible to not laugh at that, and Jungkook does it with a gosh slipping from his lips in relief. 

"Jimin hyung," he tips his head towards the head rest, still giggling quietly at his muse's silliness. "Of course, I will. Is that a question?"

Jimin hits him on the shoulder, embarrassed. 

"How did you know my birth flowers though?!"

"Jin-nim."

"Oh," Jungkook directs his gaze at the bouquet. "They are lovely, thank you a dozillion."

He says it without thinking but when they both notice that he has used that unruly word again they burst into laughters. It's so easy to crack up at anything right now, one because they feel drunk on each other, two because they are a funny duo together.

"Anyway," Jungkook readies himself to leave. He doesn't wanna hold Jimin back. "Let's do something tomorrow?"

Jimin frowns sadly. "Working, it'll be a pretty busy day. Day after tomorrow?"

Jungkook will take it. "Okay! What do you wanna do?"

Jimin thinks for a bit. "Do you wanna come over for dinner?"

That's unexpected. 

"Are you okay with that...?" Jungkook asks hesitantly. "I don't wanna disturb ahjumma and Byeongie."

"I'm talking around 9:30 at night. We'll eat in the garden, so ahjumma won't be there. And Byeongie sleeps around half past 8, so we'll be good." 

Jungkook smiles, a giddiness taking over him. It feels good to be welcome at Jimin's place, something he didn't get lucky about before.

"I normally don't stay out at nights because aunt Yumi returns Byeongie near his bedtime and i put him to sleep in the trailer. At occasions like this I ask for one of my friends to watch him for me, but since I used my allowance with Sungwoon tonight, I don't think I can ask him for Tuesday again..." Jimin nibbles on his lower lip. 

Jungkook rushes to shake his head. "No no no, it's totally fine! I don't wanna cause any inconvenience. I understand."

Jimin reaches his hand to Jungkook's cheek, caressing gently. "Thank you, sweetheart."

There goes a petname. Jungkook feels his cheeks heat up a little but he clutches on his bouquet and stays right where he is, basking in the good tickles his skin gets. 

Jimin smiles airily, moving along to brushing his bangs to the sides. "What do you want me to cook for you?"

Jungkook shrugs. He doesn't give a shit. He'll anything from Jimin's hands.

"I'll make you something really delicious," Jimin says as low as a hum. "Tell me if you crave anything, okay?"

Jungkook nods, putty. 

Jimin then retrieves his hands, leaning back on his seat. The feeling of emptiness about leaving is gone since they've done sort of a closure for the night, but Jungkook wants to do one more thing. 

Jimin told him to tell him if he craved something.

"Hyung," so Jungkook voices, Jimin blinking lovingly at him. Jungkook swallows. "Can I kiss you?"

It's as if a bomb has dropped, a sudden tenseness arises in the car, making Jungkook hold his breath. Jimin turns peachy on the face, fingers fisting on the ends of his jacket as he wets his lips. 

Then slowly, very slowly, he nods. 

Jungkook feels like he is about to explode, lightheaded and fuzzy.

They look at each other one more time and their eyes fall to their lips, both men shifting towards each other. And then calmly they meet, eyes closing and breaths mixing with each other's.

Jungkook tentatively moves his lips between Jimin's, the blonde responding right away, Jungkook's hand comes up to cup Jimin's cheek, Jimin's hand comes up to cup Jungkook's wrist, and that point on it turns into the most beautiful composition ever. Their lips mingle gracefully, Jimin's plush ones accommodating Jungkook's moist ones, letting Jungkook mold his mouth into shapes of his own accord. 

It's quiet and sweet the way they kiss, very innocent and loving. 

There is more nuzzling than lip action, more heart beats than breaks. 

When Jungkook kisses the corner of Jimin's mouth, the blonde smiles, causing them to take a look at each other.

"Go," Jimin whispers, holding Jungkook's wrist tighter. 

Jungkook dips his nose next to Jimin's one, causing their eyes to close again. He has to go, he knows. 

He travels his fingers from Jimin's cheek to his chin, moving his thumb back and forth on the crease. They bash in the quietness of the car, the only sound of their breaths and the only reality of their own. Jimin nuzzles into him and so Jungkook's kisses his lips one more time, this once making them both gravitate towards each other in this parting urgency that is dooming upon them. 

"Good night," Jungkook whispers, hearing Jimin gulp and feeling his eyelashes flutter on his cheekbone. Then Jungkook collects his courage and pecks his lips one more time, only after whispering something else that makes Jimin's eyes blink open, but Jungkook has long slipped out of the car to see more to the reaction. 

He peeks one more time before going inside, burning red as he waves at Jimin.

He sees a coy smile on his lips and Jimin's fingers flutter on the air lightly.

He goes inside so that he doesn't burst into that lousy grin in front of his date's eyes, shutting the apartment door behind him and leaning on the knob with his heart threatening to jump out.

He closes his eyes and bites his lip, forehead hitting the wall.

"Love you."

He snorts, melting off the wall to the ground,

Hehe. Hihi. Huhu. 

Jimin accepts his love. 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.9M 87.1K 31
❝I'm not fucking calling you daddy. ❞ Ranked #1 in #Jikook COVER BY @yoonienetflix <3
94 12 14
"Strangers always meet for a reason y/n" he says looking across the scenery "Do you know why we met?" ..... When a stranger turns into your best frie...
1.6K 44 20
Life where you are nothing and no one loves you is really a shit, but you have to live through it. But there will be always a person just for you.
67.2K 6.3K 62
Love journey of Taekook. Cover by @taekook4562020