DVNT (deviant) (RWBY OC story)

By GrimstoneRX1300

Two grandsons of Sparda, a daughter of a witch, and a descendant of the God of War. These four are Beacon's... More

Characters (Updated)
PROLOGUE: DETERMINATION
PROLOGUE: VENGANCE
PROLOGUE: NEMESIS
PROLOGUE: TRIUMPHENT
Chapter 1: MEET AND GREET
Chapter 2: INITIATION OF LIMBO
Chapter 3: FIRST DAY
Chapter 4: FASHION AND SYMMETRY
Chapter 5: A FACE FROM THE PAST
Chapter 6: JÖTUNHEIM
Chapter 7: THE CHILD
Chapter 8: THE RETURN (Vol. 1 end)
Chapter 9: ADJUSTING BACK
Chapter 10: THE STRAY
Chapter 11: WITCHES AND FAUNUS
Chapter 12: TEAM DUAL
Chapter 13: INFO GATHER
Chapter 14: THE WOLF'S SEMBLANCE
Chapter 15: DANCE, DANCE
Chapter 16: FIELD TRIP
Chapter 17: BEST OF THE BEST (Vol. 2 end)
Chapter 18: VYTAL FESTIVAL TOURNAMENT
Chapter 19: FATE FAMILY BRAWL
Chapter 20: LESSONS LEARNED
Chapter 21: FALL
Chapter 22: BATTLE FOR BEACON
Chapter 24: BROKEN (NEMESIS)
Chapter 25: BROKEN (VENGEANCE)
Chapter 26: BROKEN (TRIUMPH)
Chapter 27: BROKEN (DETERMINATION)
Chapter 28: FAMILY
Chapter 29: REUNIONS AND LESSONS
Chapter 30: A MUCH NEEDED TALK
Chapter 31: ECHOES OF AN OLD LIFE
Chapter 32: NO SAVE HAVEN (Vol. 4 end)
Chapter 33: WELCOME TO HAVEN
Chapter 34: DREAD IN THE AIR
Chapter 35 LIGHTING THE FIRE
Chapter 36: KNOWN BY ITS SONG
Chapter 37: REST AND RESOLUTIONS
Chapter 38: ALONE TOGETHER
Chapter 39: TRUE COLORS
Chapter 40: THE MORE THE MERRIER
Chapter 41: ANGELS SCREAM
Chapter 42: DEVILS CRY (Vol. 5 end)
Chapter 43: ARGUS LIMITED
Chapter 44: UNCOVERED
Chapter 45: ALONE IN THE WOODS
Chapter 46: THE SPARDA TWINS
Chapter 47: A NEW PLAN
Chapter 48: STEALING FROM THE ELDERLY
Chapter 49: SEEING RED
Chapter 50: OUR WAY (Vol. 6 end)
Chapter 51: THE GREATEST KINGDOM
Chapter 52: A NEW APPROACH
Chapter 53: THE OP TEAM
Chapter 54: AN UNEXPECTED REUNION
Chapter 55: TEAM DUAL REVISED
Chapter 56: A NIGHT OFF
Chapter 57: WORST CASE SCENARIO
Chapter 58: CORDIALLY INVITED
Chapter 59: OUT IN THE OPEN
CHAPTER 60: THE ENEMY WE TRUST (Vol. 7 end)
Chapter 61: DIVIDE
Chapter 62: REFUGE
Chapter 63: STRINGS
Chapter 64: FAULT
Chapter 65: MEMORIES
Chapter 66: REUNION
Chapter 67: WAR
Chapter 68: DARK
Chapter 69: WITCH
Chapter 70: ULTIMATUM
Chapter 71: RISK
Chapter 72: CREATION
Chapter 73: WORTHY
Chapter 74: THE FINAL WORD (Vol. 8 end)
OVA: ORIGINS
Chapter 75: A PLACE OF PARTICULAR CONCERN
Chapter 76: ALTERCATION AT THE AUSPICIOUS AUCTION
Chapter 77: A WORD WITH FATE
Chapter 78: A CAT MOST CURIOUS
Chapter 79: THE PARFAIT PREDICAMENT
Chapter 80: THE DRAGON AND THE KNIGHT
Chapter 81: PERILS OF PAPER HOUSES
Chapter 82: TEA AMIDST TERRIBLE TROUBLE
Chapter 83: THE TREE OF ASCENSION
Chapter 84: CYCLE OF CORRUPTION
Chapter 85: DVNT VS RWBY
Chapter 86: THE NIGHTMARE ENDS (Vol. 9 end)

Chapter 23: THE NEW GOD OF WAR (Vol. 3 end)

954 11 17
By GrimstoneRX1300

Picking the scene where we left off, it's chaos in the academy. The students had made it back to the academy, and it was beginning to pile up with Grimm and other monsters. Vali, Nikki, and Týra has made it to the courtyard where they saw the students fighting the rouge paladins, but their weapons weren't able to push through.

Coco: well, I guess now's a better time than any. Velvet!

Velvet: (excited) really?

Coco: just make them count.

(Cue I May Fall)

Velvet nods and walks up to the paladins.

Weiss: what are you doing!? She's going to get hurt!

Coco: just watch.

Velvet holds her hand out as Anesidora glows, creating a copy of Crescent Rose. The machine strike, but she dodges and slices it from the air before changing weapons. Her copies were weapons from Weiss, Blake, Yang, Coco, Penny, Dean, Vali, Nikki, Tyra, and many more. What makes Velvet unique, is not only can she recreate the weapon, but the wielder's skills as well.

She was winning, but one of the paladin's sucker punched her. The others unload their fire arms, but there's no avail. Weiss then rushes past the others and instinctively uses a summoning glyph. When she gets in between Velvet and the Paladin about to bring its fist down, she raises Myrtenaster defensively then closes her eyes and grits her teeth. A thud is heard as she looks up and discovers she summoned the arm and sword of the Arma Gigas she fought before, which blocks the Paladin's fist and bisects the machine in half. She takes a brief look at her summoning before being surprised by a camera flash, which was taken by a smiling Velvet.

(End music)

But before they can take a breath, another advanced Paladin rushes in from the corner and begins to charge at them.

Sun: you have got to be kidding me!

Vali then goes Devil Trigger and he and Tyra attack it. Týra uses special attacks from her frost axe to weaken and slow it down, and Vali unleashes devastating attacks that absolutely destroyed the machine.

Vali DT: compared to demons and fallen angels, these pests are nothing but junk.

Nikki: looks like more are coming in.

Weiss: we can't keep this up!

*D and R*

Dean and Ruby were taking about Grimm on the air ship and fighting Neo and Roman. They tricked Neo into opening her parasol and she's sent flying off the ship.

Roman: NEO!

Ruby: I don't care what you say! We will stop them and I will stop you! BET ON THAT!!

Dean: (arms Barlog and Oathkeeper and Oblivion) let's dance, sir!

They fight him again, and Roman was ranting on how it's him who will win. Unfortunately for him, that rant attracts a Nevermore and is eaten whole from it. The two then kill it and the ship starts to crash. Ruby uses her weapon like a pogo stick and jumps off safely, and Dean goes Devil Trigger and flies down to the rooftop.

Dean DT: well, that was exciting.

Ruby: was this what it was like when you went to the realms?

Dean DT: no, they were worse.

*ARCHER*

With the teachers, they destroyed many paladins and were attempting to secure Vale. Ironwood joins them, and sees Glynda, Qrow, and Archer taking them out.

Ironwood: this area's secure! We need to-

Qrow's expression changes to anger, and his sword transforms into scythe mode. Archer then summons his iconic archery bow and draws the string back.

Ironwood: Qrow! This isn't my doing!

Qrow charges in. The general flips his gun in his hand and gets into a battle stance, preparing for the perceived attack. However, Qrow leaps past Ironwood, who turns around just in time to see a large Griffon lunging at him. With one swing of Qrow's scythe, the Griffon is sliced in two. Archer then points the bow up and releases the string, firing hundreds of energy arrows that destroyed any remaining Grimm in the city.

Qrow: (scoffs) you idiot. I know you didn't do this.

Archer: you may be paranoid, but we know you're not stupid to let this happen.

Ironwood relaxes and sighs, lowering his head and putting his hand to his forehead, while Glynda places her hand on his shoulder.

Qrow: so what now, General?

Ironwood: someone's done the impossible and gained control of my machines. And that enormous Grimm seems to be fixated on the school. Glynda, form up the local Huntsmen and establish a safe zone here in Vale. Archer, assist her and take out any enemies in the city. We need to evacuate Beacon. Qrow, I'm leaving that to you and my men. I still need to get to my ship.

The four hear a loud noise and turn to see Ironwood's ship slowly nosediving into the ground.

Qrow: Well, it won't be much of a walk.

The Atlesian Knights that are still functioning attempt one last time to harm the Huntsmen, before Archer crushes it with his boot.

*V, N, T, and W*

Back at the courtyard, the students stand prepared to fight the Atlesian Paladin that is charging toward them. However, electricity arcs across it and it suddenly powers down, collapsing and sliding to a stop in front of them.

Sun: hm. That went better than expected.

Weiss: doubles over, exhausted and Vali deactivates his devil form and helps her up. Yang then sees them and runs up to them.

Yang: Weiss, Vali, Nikki, Týra! You're okay! Have you heard from Ruby?

Nikki: she's with Dean and heading back here.

Yang: what about Blake?

Weiss: she went after an Alpha... (points in the direction that Blake ran) and some members of the White Fang.

Yang: you guys look for Ruby. I'll meet up with Blake.

Nikki: I'll go-

Before she finishes her sentence, the three start to flicker out and are being brought back to Limbo. Before going in completely, Týra passes Ember to Velvet.

Vali: looks like we're in for another fight.

Yang: you guys gonna be okay?

Vali: we'll be fine.

Týra: Velvet, Coco, take Ember to the evacuation ships and get outta here.

Coco: what about you?

Nikki: we'll meet up with you later.

Týra: but no matter what happens, keep Ember safe. Understand?

Velvet: (nods in understanding) be careful.

In Limbo, the three move to find what they're up against and heard something land behind them. They turn to see Dean deactivating his Devil Trigger and approaching them.

Týra: Dean, what happened? Where's Ruby?

Dean: she's heading back here and Torchwick got eaten by a Grimm.

Vali: well, that one less nuisance to worry about.

Karasu: I sense a powerful dark magic nearby.

Dean: can you tell what it is?

Karasu: I'm not sure, but it's very dangerous.

???: so, you four are the infamous Team DVNT.

Surprised by the voice, they turn to see a woman approaching them. She had pale white skin and hair, a black dress with red outlines, crimson veins around her body, and black eyes with a red iris.

???: I must admit I'm...impressed, with all the progress you've made. It almost makes what I'm about to do seem...cruel.

Dean: who the hell are you?

???: you don't know me? I have to say, I'm deeply hurt. Then again, Ozpin's plan was to always to keep things in the dark and let the others guess what happens. My name is Salem.

Nikki: alright, Salem. What do you want?

Salem: my dear Cinder's been telling me about stories of four children that literally went to Hell and back, traveled to Heaven, Helheim, Alfheim, and the famous Jotunheim, all to find the Summer Maiden.

Dean: Summer what?

Salem: I'll give you a hint; you expected to find a fifty-year old woman, and instead, you found a child of the rare dragon Faunus.

Mimir: Ember?

Salem: so that's what you named her. How adorable. Anyways, as I heard more and more on how powerful you are, I simply had to see for myself. And, it's so, amusing, to learn that four "children" were actually able to survive the monsters and succeed where professionals have failed.

Týra: we're not interested in a fight. Leave us alone.

Salem: (chuckles) oh, that wasn't a request. That's a demand.

Dean: you really wanna try and kill us?

Salem: I do. So, take a closer look at this face... For it will be the last one you ever see.

She then back fists Dean and he's head moves to the left before Nikki pulls out one of her guns and shoots her in the head. She stumbles back a bit, and they hear her muttering 'no' a bit. As they approach her, they see the bullet falling out of her, and the hole in her head healing.

Dean: you're not human are you?

Salem: not anymore.

She then delivers a powerful strike that sends them back and crashes through the structure before landing in the garden area. As they get up, they see Salem jumping up and goes to crush them, but they roll to the side and get their weapons ready.

Mimir: careful, team. I've dealt with a few immortals before, and they're always a pain to beat.

Vali: any helpful tips on what to do?

Mimir: look for a weakness and try not to get killed!

Their fight was then tougher than the others they've had. While the monsters were always dangerous to beat, they were easily killable. Salem, however, was able to take the beatings from everything they threw at her. What was interesting, however, was it looked like she was enjoying it.

Salem: yes! That's more like it! Keep fighting!

Dean: let's not have any pleasure out of this, please.

Vali: (charges Judgement Cut) cut you down!

He fires at her, and it does damage. She then lifts a tree, and charges it right to the four and pushes them into the wall.

Salem: is that truly all you have to offer me? I'm disappointed. Perhaps I should pay a visit to that dragon Faunus and give you motivation.

Hearing her threaten Ember was enough for Týra to go Spartan Rage and unleash a barrage of attacks on her. Nikki then summons Madama Butterfly and has her squish Salem to the ground as Dean fires a full blast from Pandora and Vali destroys a building behind her and crushes her. With all that done, they pant heavily and and catch their breath.

Dean: that was harder than I thought.

Týra: agreed. I believe now would be a good time for us to leave.

Vali: I've had enough of this place.

Nikki: yeah, let's go.

They then walk back the way they came, but to their shock, the large building is lifted off the ground, and Salem is holding it, ready to throw it.

Salem: now that's more like it!

Nikki: bloody hell.

She then throws the building on them, and Dean goes Devil Trigger, along with Vali, and he Royal Guards just in time and breaks the structure. Salem then charges towards them and releases a powerful magic blast on them that the brothers had to use their swords to block it.

Nikki: we can't win. We have to go!

Týra: get us outta here.

Salem: (laughs) I admit, when I arrived here, I was expecting you to be easily killed. But this? This is the best fight I've had in centuries!

Dean DT: (sarcastic) good for you, psycho.

Salem: if you all survive this, I'll keep coming. Those powers of yours will fail, but before I end this, I'll let you in on a little secret.

Vali DT: what might that be?

Salem: I can't feel any of this!

She then pushes them back and they're thrown back. Vali charges up Yamato for a Judgment Cut End, but as he strikes, Salem uses a magic strong enough that actually forces him out of Devil Trigger, and to everyone's shock, shatters Yamato. Vali is too stunned by this, that he doesn't have enough time to react as Salem grabs the broken sword and stabs him in the chest, and cracks his amulet.

DNT: VALI!!!

Salem the throws Vali down as they catch him.

Salem can't you see? You can't kill me! I feel nothing! But you four? You feel everything. You're not invincible, just merely stubborn to die. And if you had simply given up the child, it wouldn't end this way for you. But now...it's time we end this.

Dean DT: (charges Devil Sword Dante) couldn't agree more, bitch!

She fires again, but Dean flies right to her and the blast hits the sword. As they're locking in power, a gateway opens and the girls help Vali up.

Nikki: Dean, the pathway's open!

Dean DT: guys, get outta here! I'll hold her off!

Vali: (weakened) I can still fight-

Dean DT: Vali, go! That's an order!

Vali: back off!

Týra: Vali, let's go!

The girls dragged Vali out and right as the gateway closes, the force was too much, and sends the two people flying across the school. Salem lands on a rooftop, and Dean reverts to human form, crashes deep into the school, and drops the Devil Sword.

In the real world, Vali saw the blast, and assumed the worst.

Vali: that bitch killed my brother! I didn't come all this way for nothing!

Týra: (forces him to look at her) stop! We're beaten and you're loosing blood. We need to regroup and find a way to get stronger.

After she said that, Vali finally gave into his blood loss and passes out. The girls carry him back to the air busses where Team RWBY regrouped as they're licking their wounds.

Nikki: (yells) medic! We need a medic!

Ruby and Weiss: (sees them) oh my god!

They hurry over and they helped set Vali down and Weiss was immediately by his side.

Weiss: what happened?

Mimir: a crazy ass immortal kicked our buts.

Ruby: wait, where's Dean?

Nikki: he bought us time to escape. What happened to the others?

They show Blake and Yang lying on the ground, bandages wrapped around their wounds and Yang's right arm missing and unconscious. Behind them sat Nora and Ren, who are too battered and bruised to fight. Blake reaches over and places her hand on Yang's.

Blake: I'm sorry. (Teary eyed and curls up) I'm so sorry.

Ruby: Yang...

Sun: (walking over) hey. She's gonna be okay. The soldiers have a ship ready to take you guys to Vale.

Nora: but Jaune and Pyrrha are still missing.

Týra: what?!

Sun: look, guys, that giant Grimm is circling the school! Even the White Fang are pulling out! We all have to go, now!

Ren: we're not...leaving.

He tries to stand up, but falls to his knees. Sun turns and casts a worried look at Blake.

Ruby: I'll find them... I'll find them, and I'll bring them back.

Týra: I'll go with you.

Weiss: but-

Týra: you're still weakened. I have enough strength to help. Besides, (looks at Vali) he needs you. (Unclips Mimir)

Mimir: what're you doing?

Týra: making sure you don't get squashed.

She passes Mimir to Nikki, and the two girls hurry to find their friends. As they leave, they notice the ash falling in the sky and it appeared that the sky was slowly turning red.

Nikki: what's going on, now?

Mimir: I've seen this before, when Atreus was sick. But I'm not sure what's causing all this.

The girls hurry through the school, until they found Jaune. He tells them that Pyrrha went after Cinder, and they had to hurry. They reach the tower, where a few remaining dragur appeared. Ruby tells Týra to hurry up and she'll join her. Using her strength, Týra uses her claws to throw herself up the building and reaches the top.

But when she does, Cinder stabs her in the stomach, and due to her wounds already, it looked bad.

Pyrrha: (on her knees) leave her alone!

Cinder: (walks to her) it's unfortunate you were promised a power that was never truly yours. (She kneels down and lifts Pyrrha's chin, staring into her eyes and smiling) but take comfort in knowing that I will use it in ways you could never have imagined.

Týra: Cinder!

Pyrrha: it's alright, Týra. Everything's gonna be alright.

Týra then flashes back to when her mother said those same words to her. Pyrrha then pulls away, sitting up and matching Cinder's stare and asks one question

Pyrrha: do you believe in destiny?

Cinder: (frowns and narrows her eyes) yes.

Týra tires to get up, but it's too late. She then finds herself in black nothingness until a faint light shines and she sees what appeared to be the ruins of Ancient Greece.

Týra: where....am I?

???: is this truly what my legacy is?

Surprised by the voice, she looks up to see the warrior from her dreams. Now understanding her bloodline, she knew who he was.

Týra: Kratos... why are you here?

Kratos: I'm disappointed. Your power is not as strong, nor is your will.

Týra: I'm not you, Spartan! My friends have been weakened, and my semblance is all but broken at this point.

Kratos: is that what you think your power was? Just a semblance? The true power comes from your heart, but only when tempered by your mind. Your body has been growing stronger, but you've yet to unlock your true potential.

Týra: (after a moment) then...what can I do?

Kratos: you cannot save your friend, and you've lost the battle. But... I can help you make sure that it never happens again. I can show you your true power.

He helps her up and she notices the chain burn marks around her arms returned. As she looks up, she sees an expression in his eyes that almost tells her that he hopes she doesn't resort to it.

Týra: do you...regret your deal?

Kratos: I did...but I also see that if I hadn't made it, I might of not met Faye. She knew of my past, but saw me as more than that.

Týra: she helped you become better than before. That's why you controlled your rage.

Kratos: and to keep the same fate from happing to my son, as it did for me. (Beat) remember, if you accept this power, it must not be out of vengeance, but an oath to honor your fallen. You'll feel not just my sorrow, but the sorrow of all the gods. But do not let it consume you, or follow down their path. You must be better.

It was a lot to take in for Týra. She was just told she can't save Pyrrha, and her friend will die. But, she knew that with this power, she can help make sure that never happens again. With her mind made up, she looks up to Kratos with determination in her eyes.

Týra: I accept it.

(Cue God of War theme)

Back in real time, Ruby had made it up the tower, but too late as Pyrrha was shot straight in her chest. Cinder then places a hand on her head and uses her powers to incinerate her. Pyrrha instantly ceases all movement and sound, her body glowing orange and then scattering as embers. However, those embers fly to Týra and start to fuse to her body, creating the red body tattoo Kratos had.

Ruby's eyes become filled with despair and tears as she clenches her fists, curls her arms to her body, and then suddenly flings her arms out to the sides, beginning to levitate slightly off the ground. Brilliant white light flows from her eyes as she screams out the name of her dear friend.

Ruby: PYRRHAAAAAA!!!!

The white light envelopes her, spreading out to the Wyvern and Cinder.

Cinder: (in complete shock) WHAT?!

Týra doesn't hear this as she hears the voices from Kratos's past and her semblance begins to flare up.

Gaia: father and son die together!

Freya: you're just an animal! Passing on your cruelty, you will never change!

Atreus: is this how it always ends? Sons killing their fathers? Their mothers?

Zeus: petulant child! I will tolerate your insolence no more!

Deimos: a Spartan never lets his back hit the ground!

Pandora: Hope is what makes us strong! It is why we are here! It is all we have left to fight with when all else is lost.

Faye: Kratos... Atreus... I love you both.

Týra: (opens her eyes and screams in rage) RRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Her aura explodes, completely clearing the white light and sending a column of fire up to the sky, as the ash increases and the sky is now a bright red. Ruby passes out from her new power, and the Grimm is now partially stone.

Cinder's left eye is weaken, but when the aura stops, she looks up in horror as Týra stands up, but completely changed. Her eyes were glowing orange, her skin white as ash, both her arms were bloody and scarred from the chains, and shocking of all, a large red transparent version of Kratos was behind her, following her movements.

Týra then rushes to Cinder and rips her left arm off. She screams in pain as Týra grabs her by the face, and starts punching it repeatedly. As she stops, she looks up to the Grimm, throws Cinder off the building with no care, and roars as she runs, jumps, and rams right into its head.

Using the momentum, she forces it down to the ground and single handling rips it apart like its nothing more than a toy. When it finished, Týra pants heavily and looks up to the sky, and roars in rage one more time. But it was too much. Her aura drains, the transparent Kratos fades, and she passes out on the ground.

(End music)

*???*

The three statues hear the roar across the kingdom, and βροντή knew what it was.

Salem: what is it, βροντή?

βροντή: the wolf Faunus has unlocked her true power. Beacon has just witnessed the might of a descendant of Kratos. The God of War has returned.

Mundus: well, let's say goodbye to whatever pantheon pissed him off this time.

*A WEEK LATER*

Ruby slowly wakes up in her room back on Patch. She then sits up and sees her father asleep in a chair. She sighs quietly, causing Taiyang to stir awake.

Taiyang: Ruby! (He gets up and runs to kneel by her bed) you're awake!

Ruby: ugh... what happened?

Taiyang: your Uncle Qrow found you, unconscious. He got you out of there, though, and brought you home safe.

Ruby: (looks down in thought for a split second, then looks at Taiyang) wait! Yang! Is she alright!?

Taiyang: Uh... She's uh... she's gonna be alright. I think she's just... I think it's just gonna take some time for her to get used to things. She's too strong to let this stop her. (He covers his eyes for a moment, sniffling, then looks up, smiling) I'm just glad to have my girls back at home. And, your friend, Týra's, here as well.

Ruby: Týra's here? Is she okay?

Taiyang: I'm not sure. She's...gone through some changes.

Ruby: what happened to the school?! And Vale?! Were they able to clear out the Grimm?

Taiyang: things at Vale are under control, but the school... It's... it's not that simple. That thing, whatever it is, was killed by Tyra's bare hands. Not before you did a number on it.

Ruby: I did... what?

Taiyang: hmm?

Ruby: you said I did a number on it. What do you mean? And how did Týra take it down?

Taiyang: I... Look that's not important right now. We can talk about it later. Things are just... kind of a mess.

Qrow: it's always a mess.

Ruby and Taiyang look to see Qrow suddenly standing in the room, near the door. He finishes off the contents of his flask before continuing.

Qrow: mind if we have a minute?

Taiyang: what, I can't stay here?!

Qrow: Tai. Please.

Taiyang stands up, sighs, and then leans in to kiss Ruby on the forehead.

Taiyang: I'm glad you're alright. (He starts walking away) I'll go make us some tea. And let Tyra know you're up. (Exists)

Qrow: (sits in a chair) so, how you feeling?

Ruby: um... I kind of hurt... all over.

Qrow: (chuckles) that makes sense, after what you did.

Ruby: you guys keep saying that! That I did something! What are you talking about?! And how did Týra kill it!?!

Qrow: what's the last thing you remember?

Ruby: I ran up the side of the tower, and when I got to the top, I... (She gasps, sadness in her eyes) Pyrrha! Is she...?

Qrow: she's gone.

Ruby: I... (Tears fill her eyes) I... I got to the top... (begins crying) and I saw Pyrrha... (angry) and Cinder... (She grips her blanket, tears falling onto it) and then everything went white!

Qrow: anything else?

Ruby: I remember... (Wiping the tears from her eyes) my head hurting. And, before I blacked out, I heard Týra screaming.

Qrow: the night you met Ozpin, what was the first thing he said to you?

Qrow then explains to her about the story of the silver eyes and how rare and powerful they are. Grimm feared them, and they were the best of the best. He tells her to get some rest and exits. She later on went to Yang's room where she was staring out the window, her remaining Ember Celica on the night stand next to her.

Ruby: Yang?

Yang: (after a long moment) Ruby.

Ruby: (runs over and hugs her) I'm so glad you're okay!

Yang: but I'm not. (Ruby breaks hug) it's all gone - the school, Penny, Pyrrha, and... (looks at her severed arm)

Ruby: Yang, where are the others?

Yang: Weiss' father... came for her.

Ruby: what? What do you mean?

Yang: no one outside of Vale knows what happened here. Before the tower fell, the last thing people saw was Atlas attacking innocent people and Grimm destroying the city. Everyone's scared. No one knows who to trust. So, Weiss' father came to take her back to Atlas, where he thinks it's safe. She's gone.

Ruby: well, what about-

Yang: and Blake ran! Sun saw her go. After we got to the city, she just... ran!

Ruby: but... why!?

Yang: I don't know... and I don't care.

Ruby: there has to be a reason she-

Yang: no, there doesn't! Sometimes bad things just happen, Ruby!

Ruby: what about our friends?

???: gone, too.

The sisters looked to see Týra entering the room. Her chest armor is off and she's in a gray tank-top. They then see her skin now ash white, and the red mark on her.

Ruby: Týra! What happened to you?

Týra: the night Beacon fell, I unlocked my true semblance. (Looks at her hand) and this is proof of that.

Ruby: where are the others?

Týra: like Yang said, no ones what happened, and they're afraid on who to trust or turn to. So, Bayonetta, Nikki's mother, came for her and took her back to her hometown, Vigrid. Ember's with her.

Mimir: and Vali's... not so well. His wounds were worst out of all of them, and now he's in a comatose state. So, Weiss took him back to Atlas where he can get treatment.

Yang: what happened to-

Týra: Dean's gone! No one's found him, and there's no indication he made it out of Limbo alive!

Ruby: so, what do we do now?

Yang: you two can do whatever you want. I'm gonna lie here.

Ruby: Yang...

Yang: just leave me alone.

Týra goes ahead and leaves. Ruby slowly leaves the room, but she pauses in the doorway, looking over her shoulder to say one last thing.

Ruby: I love you.

Weeks go by, and the fall passes and winter arrives. By then, Týra was asked to say for a bit and recover here until she was at full strength. Ruby soon steps outside, wearing a backpack, and quietly shuts the front door.

Jaune: hey.

Ruby: hey, Jaune. Haven's a long way to go.

Jaune: I know. It's the only way we have.

Ruby: are you sure you want to come along?

Ren: the journey will be perilous, and whether we'll find answers at the end is entirely uncertain.

Nora: but we wouldn't be here if we weren't up for it.

Ruby: then let's get started.

Before she leaves, she heads back to find Týra sitting on a log and looking up to the sky.

Týra: (without even looking) are you sure you want to do this? There's no guarantee you'll find what you're looking for.

Ruby: maybe not, but I have to try.

Týra: (stands up, walks over to her, and offers a hand) then, be safe on your journey.

Ruby: (accepts the hand) thanks, Týra. And if you're feeling up to it, you can meet us at Haven. But, will you watch over Yang for me?

Týra: you have my word.

With that said, the girl returns back with her friends and the four leave. Týra looks back at the sky and closes her eyes as she sighs.

Scenes pass by, showing Taiyang running past Yang bedroom as she watches a raven flying off. Beacon is overrun with Grimm as Glynda attempts to repair Vale. Blake is running off rooftops as she leaves. Weiss is next to Vali as he's in a hospital bed with various machines hooked up to him, and the two on a plan with her father back to Atlas. Nikki's shown for be in a car, looking out the window as Ember is asleep in the back and Bayonetta is driving them home. Ruby visits her mother's gravestone again, before turning to join the others. As the scene fades to black, voices of DVNT speak before fading out.

Nikki's Voice: I've been...

Vali's Voice: I've been having these weird thoughts lately.

Týra's Voice: like, is any of this for real, or not?

Dean's Voice: none of this...makes sense to me.

Author's note: the third volume is done!
This was probably one of the longer chapters I've done so far in this story. But, I'm excited to have gotten this far.
Salem makes an appears here. The fight was similar with the first Baldur boss in God of War, but the ending was more like Urizen's.
Dean's MIA. If you've played or seen DMC5, you'll know where this leads.
Tyra's unlocked her full semblance. This will be further explained in the next volume as she recovers.
With the way how the next volume will go, it might be shorter in some aspects, cause I plan to first focus on the main four, then they'll join with the others.
The ending is based off of the secret ending in KH3 Re:Mind. I just love the dialogue, and have a habit of adding it in to big events like this.

Next chapter: Volume 4

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 3.8K 44
(title says it all!) Disclaimer:I don't own anything here!
3.5K 67 15
In the supernatural universe of Remnant, four strong girls are training to become Huntresses, which are humanity's only hope of defeating the shadowy...
3.9K 112 96
Beacon academy is full of surprises in the main timeline but what if, some more huntsmen and huntresses joined the cast. Team Arcc, Team Pyda and Tea...
10.6K 340 55
A young hero, an exalted heiress, a troubled rogue, a party girl, and a knight. These are the five members of RWBY, a team brought together and train...