Demon!Kuroo Tetsurou x Reader

By DragonFart5

Demon! Kuroo Tetsurou x Reader [Haikyuu AU] Through a sudden incident, Y/n meets Kuroo, a high class demon a... More

1. Bizarre Encounter
3. Feline Friend

2. Dire News

263 18 5
By DragonFart5

Spending my day off helping a demon was not something I had expected to ever do, yet here I was. Sheets of paper still lay strewn all around the entrance but the door to Matsukawa's apartment was now closed.

"Hey Y/n, what's this?" Kuroo asked, his words barely comprehensible as he stuffed his face with a croissant.

"Where did you get that?" I asked incredulously.

"Was on the counter," he shrugged pointing to Matsukawa's kitchen.

"That means he came back!" I called for the missing man but didn't receive a reply. Walking further into the apartment, I noticed the bedroom door had been opened and carefully made my way through it.

The sound of water gushing alerted me and I rushed to the bathroom in hopes of finally finding the much needed male.

"Mr. Matsukawa!" My hand thudded against the door impatiently for a while until the door opened.

"What do you wa-"

"Who are you?" I interrupted far too loudly.

The shorter male before me sighed. It was Matsukawa, alright; that voice was too familiar to not recognise. But his appearance was completely different.

He had shrunk evidently and had childish features unlike the usually haggard adult. He walked past me, unamused and sat himself on the couch, sinking into it as a result of his smaller body.

The sudden cackle shocked the both of us as Kuroo doubled over in a series of grunts for laughter. He returned to an amused grin and gold eyes twinkling with devilry.

"Only one person I know can do that," he said through a low chuckle. Matsukawa clicked his tongue and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Okay, someone please explain what in the world is going on here?"

"What are you even doing here, Y/n?" Matsukawa raised an eyebrow.

"A certain someone left their apartment wide open for a demon to stroll about and invade my life!" I huffed, squinting in disapproval at the dwarf.

"Can't argue with that," he shrugged in response, seemingly unaffected by my glare.

"Let me guess, you summoned me because Oikawa did this and you need my help removing it," Kuroo interjected to which Matsukawa nodded.

"I heard you're good at fixing curses," Matsukawa said which made Kuroo laugh smugly.

"What did you do to piss off a demon?" The sneaky cat hadn't stopped smirking at the sight before him.

"He was demanding for too much and I had to knock sense into him!" Matsukawa sighed exasperatedly.

None of the words they exchanged after made sense to me. From what I understood, another demon, Oikawa was the cause of Matsukawa's current condition because he had insulted his face in a not so subtle manner. Kuroo wouldn't stop cackling at the thought and seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Now that you're here can't you grant his wish, and return?" I suggested, hoping to return to the norm soon.

"You really want me to leave so soon?" Kuroo sniffed, faking tears and sorrow.

"Of course," I said through a smile. He stuck his tongue in return.

"Alright then," with a sigh Kuroo chanted words that sounded like gibberish to me and instantly Matsukawa's body began stretching out and popping oddly until he had finally returned to his original self. He sighed in relief all while letting out a string of curses directed towards Oikawa.

"Well then, anytime now," Kuroo rested his head against his arms folded behind him. It all seemed quite unreal and I don't think I had completely soaked in the situation.

There were realms, and demons, and curses and they were interconnected and demons weren't exactly bad either? It still felt like an extremely vivid halluncination.

Kuroo hadn't move from his spot in the next ten minutes and a small frown grew on his face. Matsukawa too seemed confused as if this wasn't supposed to happen.

"What's going on?" I asked, unaware.

"The portal isn't opening," Kuroo said in a low voice, indicating the severity of the matter.

"Does that not happen often?" I asked.

"No, it's never happened to me before. The summoning is difficult but returning to our world is the easist part."

"Maybe the portal has been closed off on the other side?" Matsukawa suggested.

"That would only happen if-" he paused  realisation hitting him and his gold eyes widening.

"There's something going on. An invasion or battle. All entrances have been shut off. This hasn't happened in centuries," Kuroo had grown serious, his brow furrowing.

He closed his eyes momentarily, seeming frustrated. But it didn't last long as he jumped up soon after, plastering a sneaky grin on his face in an attempt to shove the anxiety deep down. Matsukawa and I gave each other a glance but didn't dare push the demon further. Even demons could care for others, I suppose.

"I guess I'll just hang around here then," Kuroo stretched his arms out, and walked out of the messy apartment.

"Do you know how we can help?" I turned to Matsukawa.

"Not really. We're just humans after all. What could we do?" He looked apologetic, having been much closer to demons than I was and so I simply sighed and nodded a goodbye.

Maybe it was better to not get involved. No- it definitely was. I was nowhere near ready to be a part of some demon war. All I had was a mundane life to return to and try to live the rest of it comfortably.

As I shut the door behind me, I noticed that Kuroo wasn't here like I had imagined. He had disappeared, probably searching for a way to get back despite putting up a cool front earlier. Although I had gotten back my day off, I was still worried about the demon. Shaking my head didn't help clear the thoughts but I found myself doing it often that day.

I decided to relax and get some work done while I could. Also get some much needed rest. The day was rather uneventful after parting ways with the demon. Not that I seeked adventure; I was pretty satisfied with the calm and plain life I lived. It simply struck my mind a lot.

It was deep into the night when I stirred awake upon hearing the squeak of wood. I twisted to switch on a bedside lamp and nearly gasped at the sight of the tall male drenched from head to toe.

"Kuroo?"

"Have anything to help me dry? I used up most of my magic so I can't do it myself," he looked almost child like.

Throwing the covers off of me, I stepped into the bathroom and twisted the knob to let some hot water flow into the tub.

"Nothing like drying someone with more water," his comments never took a break, did they? I rolled my eyes at his soft smirk, noticing the dark shadows under his eyes and a dim look within the gold.

"Nothing like a warm bath after a shitty day," I shrugged. "I think it applies to everyone; human, demon, gnome." I shot him a smile which he was grateful for.

Without warning the demon shrugged his robe off and tossed away the black clothes he wore under.

"Woah, woah, woah there, slow down," I slapped a hand on my eyes and turned around in a swift move, the demon letting out a deep chuckle.

"Too much to handle, Y/n?" His voice was husky as he whispered, uncomfortably close to me. I felt the touch of fingers trailing over my arms and coming to rest on my shoulders as he pulled me to lean against his bare front.

"I'm just going to leave you to bathe," I stuttered, trying to get out of the grasp but not budging in the least. Kuroo let his head fall in the crook of my neck, breathing out a hot sigh that sent shivers down my spine.

"Human bodies are so warm," he mumbled, lips grazing the skin of my neck and a deep rouge made its way to my face.

"Are you okay?" I managed to ask with a nervous gulp. His arms now enveloped me completely as he just stood behind me in an embrace.

"I'm out here with a pretty lady, naked and about to take a relaxing bath while my people are probably getting murdered," he muttered with guilt.

I turned around to wrap my arms around his broad back, pulling him into a much warmer hug that he relaxed into. I guess even demons needed care and comforting. He didn't want to let go but after much scolding he quietly got into the bath and let me leave.

Closing the door behind me with a sigh, I slipped into bed more worried than before. There was so much going on around me that I wasn't aware of. I couldn't imagine what it must have felt like to be a leader but not be there for the downfall of the ones you cared for. The thought of it was enough to bring me anxiety.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 5.5K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
183K 4.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
908K 38.4K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
124K 5K 40
π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in π——π—˜π—–π—”π——π—˜π—¦ OR π—œπ—‘ π—ͺπ—›π—œπ—–π—› noura denoire and charle...