2. Dire News

Spending my day off helping a demon was not something I had expected to ever do, yet here I was. Sheets of paper still lay strewn all around the entrance but the door to Matsukawa's apartment was now closed.

"Hey Y/n, what's this?" Kuroo asked, his words barely comprehensible as he stuffed his face with a croissant.

"Where did you get that?" I asked incredulously.

"Was on the counter," he shrugged pointing to Matsukawa's kitchen.

"That means he came back!" I called for the missing man but didn't receive a reply. Walking further into the apartment, I noticed the bedroom door had been opened and carefully made my way through it.

The sound of water gushing alerted me and I rushed to the bathroom in hopes of finally finding the much needed male.

"Mr. Matsukawa!" My hand thudded against the door impatiently for a while until the door opened.

"What do you wa-"

"Who are you?" I interrupted far too loudly.

The shorter male before me sighed. It was Matsukawa, alright; that voice was too familiar to not recognise. But his appearance was completely different.

He had shrunk evidently and had childish features unlike the usually haggard adult. He walked past me, unamused and sat himself on the couch, sinking into it as a result of his smaller body.

The sudden cackle shocked the both of us as Kuroo doubled over in a series of grunts for laughter. He returned to an amused grin and gold eyes twinkling with devilry.

"Only one person I know can do that," he said through a low chuckle. Matsukawa clicked his tongue and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Okay, someone please explain what in the world is going on here?"

"What are you even doing here, Y/n?" Matsukawa raised an eyebrow.

"A certain someone left their apartment wide open for a demon to stroll about and invade my life!" I huffed, squinting in disapproval at the dwarf.

"Can't argue with that," he shrugged in response, seemingly unaffected by my glare.

"Let me guess, you summoned me because Oikawa did this and you need my help removing it," Kuroo interjected to which Matsukawa nodded.

"I heard you're good at fixing curses," Matsukawa said which made Kuroo laugh smugly.

"What did you do to piss off a demon?" The sneaky cat hadn't stopped smirking at the sight before him.

"He was demanding for too much and I had to knock sense into him!" Matsukawa sighed exasperatedly.

None of the words they exchanged after made sense to me. From what I understood, another demon, Oikawa was the cause of Matsukawa's current condition because he had insulted his face in a not so subtle manner. Kuroo wouldn't stop cackling at the thought and seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Now that you're here can't you grant his wish, and return?" I suggested, hoping to return to the norm soon.

"You really want me to leave so soon?" Kuroo sniffed, faking tears and sorrow.

"Of course," I said through a smile. He stuck his tongue in return.

"Alright then," with a sigh Kuroo chanted words that sounded like gibberish to me and instantly Matsukawa's body began stretching out and popping oddly until he had finally returned to his original self. He sighed in relief all while letting out a string of curses directed towards Oikawa.