Ace ✔️

By JanelleeXOXO

Alexandra Grace, the best nurse in New York is asked to relocate and work full time for the young multi-milli... More

~Introduction~
Best in New York
Mr. Anderson!
No Filter
Im Ace
7 years
Out of your mind
Excuse me?
Gone
Lets go
Doesn't feel real
Your fault
Missing
Rudeness
Forever
New start
Anderson Tech
You fucked up man
Icy blue eyes
Beginning
I could get used to this...
Beautiful
Rainbow
Green for Growth
The Forgotten Scarf
Friends
Be with You
Goodnight
Scars
Emotions
Come with me
All I have
50 million
Gunshot
You Already Know
Nothing
Back from the dead
Just the beginning
My office
Deal
That Bitch
Dinner Date
Stood me up
Ring
Like your eyes
Ecstasy
Put on a shirt
Crazy for you
In his arms
Security Cameras
Flaming
On time
Sweatpants
Greece
So this is love
Blissful
Lost
Alone
Germany
Graveyard
Nursery
Smile on my face
Promise
She's so beautiful
Surprises
Butterflies
Scarlett
Orange Juice.
Together

Not a mistake...

51.6K 1.5K 430
By JanelleeXOXO

Alex's POV

'Just breathe Alex. You can do this. Just.... Breathe' I tell myself as I'm standing in front of David Zay's office door at work. After the very embarrassing events that took place yesterday with my... panic attack, I thought it was best to come and apologize. I was really nervous, I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because I genuinely liked David and felt like I had this connection to him. Not to mention, he was incredibly sexy....

I wanted to make things right and clear the air.

I knock on his door and enter the room, I see him sitting on his office chair on the phone with probably a business partner. He smiles and motions for me to come in, so I take a seat in the chair in front of his desk and wait for him to finish his phone call.  As I sit here, I take a look around his office, I've never really taken the time to notice the little things in this room. I noticed he liked bright colours since the room had a grey and bright yellow colour scheme. His glass ceiling to floor windows overlooked the city like my office, the difference was the level since his office was a few levels below mine.

"Perfect. It's great doing business with you Mr. Moore, Have a good day" he says and hangs up.

"Alex, what can I do for you?" he asks with a smile

"David, I just wanted to apologize about yesterday and what happened during dinner. I didn-" he cuts me off

"No need to apologize, I understand that it's hard. Don't worry about it" he says and gets up from his chair. I get up as well and he starts to walk me to the door.

I knew he was trying to push everything away because he saw Liam and I kiss, I wanted to make things right since that kiss really was a mistake.

I liked Liam, alot. But clearly as a friend. I don't think he sees me as anything more, especially since he works for me as my chauffeur. I didn't want to ruin a great friendship with Liam and didn't want to lose this opportunity with David.

I stop walking and grab his arm

"David, I want you to know that the kiss really didn't mean anything. It was a mistake. I was so caught up in the moment and stress and didn't know what I was thinking. I don't want you to have the wrong impression. I was really enjoying last night before everything happened, it was my first time out in months and you're actually a really nice guy. So I really hope we can go forward" I say as I look into his soft brown eyes.

He grabs my hands and smiles, "Alex, thank you for telling me how you feel. I really enjoyed last night as well and hope we can get to know eachother better"

Whoof. That went better than planned! "I'm glad, I actually wanted to ask if you would like to come accompany me to the gala this Friday?" I ask him

He wouldn't really be considered my 'date' since it would be very weird to bring  a date to my dead husband's memorial gala. It would be disrespectful to Ace as well. But I would love to have him accompany me, since it will be hard as is, it would be great to have someone I'm close with by my side.

"I would be more than honoured" he replies

******

The past few days have been really busy. With work as well as preparing for the gala, it's been crazy! There were so many last minute things that we had to take care of, but finally everything was done. Well, the gala wasn't done yet since it's today!

As I was getting my hair and makeup done, I couldn't help but think of David who would be accompanying me to the gala tonight. The past week has been uplifting with him. We went out for lunch everyday during work and really got to know each other well. He was such a nice guy and felt like a close friend.

I look at myself in the mirror. Not gonna lie, I looked different, in a good way. I've never gotten my hair and makeup done before. My hair was curled and had volume to it. My makeup was a bit bold but not over the top, I had a nice smokey eye and red lip that complimented my emerald green dress that I had previously bought with Liam.

Liam... the past week has been a bit weird. I felt like he was distancing himself and was a lot more quiet than usual. I really hope the kiss didn't freak him out which is causing him to act differently. We weren't talking like how we used to, Liam was my closest friend and I don't know what was wrong with him right now. He gets really quiet and doesn't even make eye contact with me when I'm meeting up with David, which was weird.....

I put on my beautiful dress and grab my black open toe heels. I slide into them and look at myself in the mirror. I hear a knock on my door and tell whoever it was to come in.

"Alex are you ready- wow. You look... b-beautiful" Liam says with awe as he looks at me

He too looked good. He was wearing a black dress shirt with black pants. His sleeves were rolled up a bit and he looked so sexy. His hair was kind of messy and looked like he had runned his hand through it a couple times, but it looked like a good messy... I shake these thoughts out of my head.

I let out a little laugh, "Why thank you kind sir"

"Well, I just wanted to check to see if you were done since we need to go before we're late" he says

"Yup Im done. I just need help fully zipping up the dress. I couldn't reach the back" I say and turn my back towards him

He grabs the zipper and slowly starts to zip the dress up. The touch of his hand against my skin sends shivers up my spine. When he's done zipping up the dress, I let out  a breath I didn't know I was holding and turned to face him.

"Thank you" I breath out

He pushes a strand of hair behind my ear and looks at my lips. I avert my eyes away from his icy blue ones and down to his plump lips. Flashbacks of our kiss from last week start to roam around my head.

"You're welcome" he finally says

We break contact and make our way downstairs.

"Alex dear, you look magnificent!" Molly says to me

I saw her wearing a beautiful dark blue dress and she was all dolled up. I had invited all of Ace's employees as well out of respect.

"Molly oh look at you!" I say and give her a hug.

We make our way out of the house and into the cars. Molly rides in a different car and I go with Liam in the limo. I know, very extra but it wasn't my plan...

The car ride again was awkward silence. Liam didn't really talk much and I stopped trying to make convo.

We approach the banquet hall and notice the press and paparazzi all lined up taking pictures of all the people coming in.  I was a bit nervous for how everything was going to turn out tonight. All these people were very close to Ace, and I would be giving a speech tonight in memory of him. Since I was the closest person in his life, as his wife. When in reality, it was opposite.

"We're here. Stay put, I will open the door for you and you will walk first with me behind" Liam says

I nod my head and gulp down my fears. Before he gets out of the car, he turns to me

"One more thing, remember to keep your head up high, you look stunning. And I know that Ace would be more than thankful for what you have put together tonight in memory of him. So enjoy and celebrate in his memory" he says with a smile

This also imprints a smile in my heart. I feel the nerves go away. He comes around and opens the door for me. I get out of the car and instantly flashes of hundreds of cameras blind me.

Flashbacks from when Ace had recently passed away, and the press had learned that I was his wife, they followed me everywhere. I hear reporters asking me questions but I do as Liam had told me and keep my head held high rather than keeping it low trying to avoid everyone.

I walk up the gala stairs with Liam behind me. Ignoring the press and photographers.

Entering the doors, I look around and gasp at how beautiful the hall looked. It was everything I had imagined and asked for!

The theme was gold and black. A very elegant and modern look to the tables. There were serves greeting the guests with champagne and helping them find their tables at the front.

"Ms. Anderson, welcome. Please follow me to your seat" a lady at the front says. With Liam still behind me, we follow her to my table near the podium and stage. I look around and see all the people we had invited, dressed up, to celebrate the memorial of Ace.

I knew all these people here were rich. Like really rich. But they were doing a good thing by donating to the charities that we had partnerships with for the memorial gala charity event tonight.

I get to my table and place my bag down on my seat. I turn to Liam and see him looking around.

"Wow. This looks amazing" he says

"Well I hope the auction goes well so that we can raise money for the charities" I say

"Alex, this truly is a beautiful thing that you have put together" he says

Before I can respond, I feel someone's arms snake around my waist and I let out a little gasp

"I could tell from miles away that it was you shining brightly in this beautiful dress" David says

I turn to face him and smile

"David, look at you! Handsome as ever" and give him a hug

He looked ravishing in his black tux, with his hair gelled back.

I turn to Liam and introduce him to David. Even though they've probably met before.

"David, you know Liam. He was my ride for tonight" I say with a smile

David with a stern look, looks at Liam and says "Thank you for your service. You can go now"

Shock comes over me and I notice that Liams annoyed look on his face turns into anger.

"Actually David, Liam can stay for the gal-" he cuts me off

"Nonsense, he's just a chauffeur and has no place here"

My blood starts to boil at the nonsense I was hearing right now

"Liam is more than welcome to stay at this gala. He has every single right and does have a place to be here. Just like every other employee that worked for Ace, including yourself!" I say with a stern look and turn to Liam

"Liam, please stay, you are more than welcomed to" I say

He still has an angry look in his eye towards David and with a low deep voice says "Alex it's fine, It's better if I just leave. "

With one final look at David, he turns around and heads towards the back door where the car was parked.

I turn towards David and he holds my hand

"Alex im sorry, I didn't mean to upset him, I can go talk to him-" I cut him off

"Stop! Just wait here. You've done enough damage" I say with anger seeping through my voice and try to go after Liam

I lose him in the crowd of people but go towards the back exit. I try not to make eye contact with people since I didn't have time to properly greet everyone yet.

Reaching the back doors, I quickly push them and go outside. There were no paparazzi in the back which was good. I see Liam with his hands in his pockets, walking to his car.

"Liam!" I yell

He doesn't turn around and keeps on walking

I try to yell in my dress and painful heels

"Laim stop walking so FAST! I'M RUnNING in MY  DRESS and HEELS FOR YOU! And you KNOW how uncomfortable this dress IS!" and he finally stops and turns around with a smile

"Really? This is funny to you?!" I yell and finally reach him

He looks at me with a bigger smile and we both burst out laughing

"You asshole! Why are we laughing?!" I try to say

"I'M the asshole? Really? I think it was your little boyfriend back there who was acting like the asshole" he says

And continues "This whole week, hes been nothing but a little annoying bitch. Yes im a chauffeur, nothing more, but im still a person! Everytime I see his annoying little goblin face, I want to punch him and wipe that smile off!" he says with anger

"Goblin?" I say with a smile

"You know what I mean. Jeez Alex, what do you even see in him!?" he says throwing his hands up in the air

"Is someone jealous? Is that what i'm sensing?" I tease

"I just dont think he's a great guy Alex, he's a little shitbag and if you call me being protective of my best friend: jealousy, then so be it!" he says grabbing my hands

He continues "I just don't want you to get hurt in the end Alex. I care about you"

I look him in his glistening blue eyes and caress his face

"Liam, you know I care about you. And I appreciate you looking out for me. Yes David was wrong to say those horrible things and should have never said them, period. But my relationship with him is of my concern, and hes not my boyfriend. Besides, Im not sure why all of a sudden your acting as if you care about me" I say with an annoyed look

"What are you talking about? Of course I care about you" he says

"It sure didn't seem like it this past week, you've been ignoring me and acting weird ever since that... kiss" I say

He lets go of my arm and looks away

After a brief moment, he looks back at me

"Alex, I haven't been ignoring you. I've been trying to... distance myself" he says

"Distance yourself? Why!?" I ask

"Because, I figured that the kiss to you, was a mistake. Even though to me, it wasn't. And besides, you want to be with David so I figured that I should let go of my feelings and not interfere with your personal life. I guess that isn't going all to well for me right now, is it" he says

Everything starts to spin around for a minute.

The kiss.

'It wasn't a mistake, to me'

His words are echoing through my ears.

Maybe the kiss really wasn't a mistake... it sure didn't feel like it.

Im snapped out of my thoughts when I hear him calling my name

"Alex!" Laim says

I look into his eyes and before he can say anything else, I shut him up by placing my lips on his. He instantly kisses me back and claims his lips with mine.

The level of intensity with this kiss feels like electricity bolts throughout my body. The kiss quickly turns into a rough one. He pushes me closer by placing his hands on my waist and I bring mine up to his neck. I run my other hand through his hair and softly pull on it as he deepens the kiss. He bites my lip and I let out a little moan. Before we go any further, I pull away, panting for breath.

This kiss definitely did not feel like a mistake. And I was scared of what this meant for us. I push these thoughts aside

"Are you ready to come back inside?" I ask still in his arms

Hello my lovelies
And extra long chapter for all if you 🥰
Complications are about to arise for Alex!!
More updates coming soon for you beautiful readers
Remember to vote and comment what you think
Bye for now 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 4.8K 49
"He rests his forehead on mine and closes his eyes. Instantly, my own eyes flutter shut. I can feel his lips so very near to my own. 'Mia..," he say...
505K 17.2K 40
Iris Giorgianni is no ordinary girl. She's living a double life: a neglected daughter at home, but a fighter on the streets. As the leader of The San...
97K 3K 59
❝𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥.❞ Living in a world...
9.4K 473 19
Elle wants to go through her last year of high school without drama. Unfortunately, the people around her don't make that easy. Suddenly, she's in th...