[COMPLETE] Transmigrated Auth...

By melo_marl

[TATQP Β©2019] Before being QQ, a novelist famous for her tragic works, she was first the world's most powerfu... More

Foreword
Chapter 1: Plain Hong Chun
Chapter 2: Gracious Devil
Chapter 3: Hong Family
Chapter 4: Troubles and Goodbyes
Chapter 5: Feeding the Homeless
Chapter 6: Original Plot
Chapter 7: Of Service
Chapter 8: Overbearing Heart
Chapter 9: Invitation
Chapter 10: You're Predictable
Chapter 11: A Seer
Chapter 12: Chosen
Chapter 13: The Panther
Chapter 14: Sentimental
Chapter 15: Difficulties of Being Vulnerable
Chapter 16: Accidental Meeting
Chapter 17: Madam Long
Chapter 18: Who to Serve
Chapter 19: Visitor
Chapter 20: A Little Gift
Chapter 21: A Coincidence
Chapter 22: They're Back
Chapter 23: Last Chance
Chapter 24: Price of Freedom
Chapter 25: Return of the...
Chapter 26: Goddess' Herald
Chapter 27: Quiet Plum
Chapter 28: Her Death
Chapter 29: Am I Human?
Chapter 30: Urn
Chapter 31: Spring Never Dies
Chapter 32: A Great Puzzle
Chapter 33: Why do all the good people...
Chapter 34: A'mei
Chapter 35: Fifth Prince and a Rewind
Chapter 36: Wu Yun Peak
Chapter 37: Real-Life Monster
Chapter 38: The Fool
Chapter 39: Former Almost
Chapter 40: Most Loyal Servant of the Goddess
Chapter 41: Qin Clan
Chapter 42: The Tiger's Den
Chapter 43: The Empress
Chapter 44: ML's Intelligence
Chapter 45: Qiaoli's Madness and her Forbidden Jutsu
Chapter 46: Long Yi Ran's Gamble
Chapter 47: The Deal
Chapter 48: Beat the Crap Out of You
Chapter 49: Infection and Antidote
Chapter 51: Disappointing Request
Chapter 52: Unpredictable Ending
Chapter 53: Sacred Bloodlines
Chapter 54: Descent to Despair
Chapter 55: Landing to One's Death
Chapter 56: Misunderstanding
Chapter 57: Sharing One's Burden
Chapter 58: Headmaster
Chapter 59: A Fleeting Meeting
Chapter 60: Setting Out
Chapter 61: Missed Fate
Chapter 62: City of Fleeting Clouds
Author's Note
Chapter 63: Her Battlefield
Chapter 64: No Traces
Chapter 65: Duchess
Chapter 66: Huang Estate
Chapter 67: Cleaning
Chapter 68: Sister-in-Law
Chapter 69: Estranged
Chapter 70: Setup
Chapter 71: Green Scroll
Chapter 72: Dinner with the Family
Wattpad Creators Program
Chapter 73: The Siblings' Deal
Chapter 74: Spring Fortune Court
Chapter 75: Huang Province Top Brass
Chapter 76: A Lesson
Chapter 77: Punishment
Book 2 Announcement!

Chapter 50: Duke Li's Attitude

1.4K 126 8
By melo_marl

"A'mei, can you tell me how you were able to get out?" It was Huang Li Yun's most burning question.

Qiaoli was sitting next to his brother in the carriage. The fifth prince was with Yemin who was acting as his guard in another carriage.

"Out?" She didn't understand what he was talking about.

Li Yun was also confused at first until he remembered that Qiaoli didn't have the same understanding of Huo Ai as him.

"In Huo Ai, a baby will be tested on his 100th day to know whether he can cultivate. On the day of your test, you didn't have an affinity to any of the elements. Thus, practically speaking, you can't go out of Huo Ai."

The young lady digested what he said before asking, "People who can't cultivate aren't allowed to get out?"

She had a strange expression as though she couldn't believe it. She knew that she didn't have the same kind of power as her brother because it was absent in her body. Then Qin Yu must have used some strange voodoo on her to smuggle her away from Huo Ai. That guy gave off the feeling that he could do that.

As she was thinking of this, Huang Li Yun answered her question. "Yes, because the barrier asks for a huge amount of spirit essence when passing. Only direct descendants of the founding clans are exempted from this rule. However, even direct descendants without cultivation can't pass through. The invisible barrier was built by our ancestors to ensure the balance of this world won't be disrupted. Cultivators can't wreak havoc in Zhong Xin as they pleased."

>中心 - zhōng xīn - heart/center/core, what ppl in Huo Ai collectively call the four nations, it's like the name of the continent<

Hearing this, Huang Qiaoli pursed her lips. "Then... how did I get out?"

She gazed outside as though trying to find answers to this puzzle. She could say that it was Qin Yu who brought her here. But she didn't know who Qin Yu really was although she was sure he wasn't human because Si Hai treated him like his ancestor. Until she was positive that her association with Qin Yu wouldn't be troublesome, she wouldn't speak about him.

She was also relieved that all through the ride to the delegates' district, her brother avoided the topic of what really happened the day their parents died. Qiaoli wasn't aware that her eyes were still puffy from crying and Li Yun didn't want to open another deep wound. They could discuss heavy topics some other time.

He asked her who raised her and where. Were they good to her? If not, he could always pay those people a visit and teach them a lesson with a charming smile. He didn't dig how she was brought to the Hong family and she noticed how careful he was in trying to get her to open up to him.

Qiaoli assured him that the Hong family treated her just fine. But there was also one important thing... there was an old man who died protecting her. But she never got to ask his real name. She went on to tell her brother about Old Shang.

Huang Li Yun listened to her story very well. And he was amazed by how she concisely narrated that she was almost assassinated the night she decided to run away from the Hong family without missing out on the bloody details.

But when it came to the part that she was rescued by a friend, her story became vague. Li Yun didn't force her to tell everything as he could already guess the identity of the person she called Old Shang.

"Could it be? From your description, he seems to be Elder Shangxi."

Huang Shangxi was a former Pillar of their grandfather when he was still the duke. Their Grandfather Huang perished early because their Grandmother wasn't a cultivator. Her life wasn't lengthened by qi so she died of natural causes. Some of the old clans in Huo Ai were staunch believers that only death could separate love. When their grandmother passed to the yellow springs, their grandfather soon followed.

Old Shang stayed behind to be one of the silent elders of the clan and chose to live in the mountains to cultivate quietly. There were several other elders who lived like that too. They would rarely go down the mountains to make their presence known to the younger generation.

And because of respect, no one bothered them unless the situation was dire. Huang Shangxi was one of the elders who didn't show himself when the former Duke was assassinated even though he was Huang Hexia's beloved master of martial arts.

It turned out that he followed to protect his friend's granddaughter and disciple's daughter. He lived outside Huo Ai not minding how his cultivation was stripped each passing day just to guard Qiaoli.

Li Yun was overwhelmed by gratitude. "We should get his remains to burn incense for him at the ancestral hall back home."

He carried the burden of finding his sister alone all these years. He didn't ask for the elders' help because everyone knew that his sister wasn't a gifted cultivator. The clan wouldn't waste time and resources for someone that couldn't be an asset. Having cultivators in every generation was the same as rearing treasures and Qiaoli wasn't a treasure to them.

But... why didn't Elder Shangxi send a message to me so I can find you sooner?

Li Yun didn't expect her to answer this question so he didn't ask aloud. After all, she didn't even know how she was taken out of Huo Ai. Looking at his sister's side profile, he was thinking that there were still unsolved mysteries surrounding her disappearance but now that she was here, he could solve them one by one.

Even though he didn't say it, Qiaoli could figure out that his brother wanted to know more but was too afraid to startle her. It was unusual for her to be treated like she was a vulnerable little miss. Si Hai always trash-talked with her and Xiao Ting saw her as an omniscient genius. But how could she put this...

Being with Li Yun reminded her of those figures in her memory. Her brother was as reliable as Old Shang, as strong as their Ba ba but also as considerate as their Niang. Maybe this was what they called sibling connection?

She was comfortable with him and his voice soothed the explosive emotions she'd been having these past few days. She thought she would metaphorically detonate herself again as she couldn't control the intense agitation.

Qiaoli didn't know that her brother could be an effective medicine. From now on, she couldn't let him get out of his sight. Just as she was thinking of that, she didn't know when she was lulled to sleep.

Huang Li Yun was surprised to see his a'mei dozing off in this shaky carriage. It was nothing like their smooth transportation they had in Huo Ai, how could she sleep here? Was it good that she was so unguarded like this?

Was this the reason why she was prone to be attacked? He asked himself these questions while letting the young lady lie down on his lap. It would be uncomfortable but he was selfish because this way, he could stare at her all he wanted.

He missed so much of her childhood. He should have taken care of her on behalf of their parents but he failed.

Now, she was already in her marriageable age. How could he make up for the lost time?

Who was he kidding? He'd probably talk her out of marriage. He couldn't let just anyone marry his baby sister! Better yet, he should teach her martial arts. Even when she couldn't cultivate, she'd still have the means to protect herself from the average people.

The sound of soft laughter rang out inside the carriage as Li Yun remembered how he hated it when his sister was born. Back then, he just felt like she was a nuisance. He would never have expected that he would spend half of his life looking for her and planning a good future for her.

Right now, he just wanted her to be out of harm's way and to protect her with all his might.

As for those who tried to lay a hand on her- A smile bloomed on the duke's captivating face as he combed through Qiaoli's blazing hair...

When they arrived at the temporary mansion designated for Huo Ai delegates, Huang Li Yun carried his sister not daring to wake her up.

"We're really short on people now. Find a way to pull his Majesty's people to our side. Investigate the recently failed assassinations for real this time. I'll wrap up that Crimson something group as a meeting gift to my a'mei." The Duke started giving out his orders while walking to his courtyard.

He only brought a few people to Great Han because the Emperor of Huo Ai had his eyes on him. His Majesty even stationed Censor Wang by his side just so the latter could regularly report on what the Duke was doing. If that wasn't enough, even the stupid fifth prince was sent here.

But now that he found Qiaoli, the danger of taking the wrong step and implicating his sister's life vanished. Before, he thought that Xinyan Emperor kept his sister somewhere in Huo Ai so he didn't provoke his Majesty one bit. He even tolerated his favorite son and agreed to work with him on several occasions. Now, he didn't care for his dutiful image anymore.

>Xinyan is the title of the Emperor of Huo Ai and it came from 有心眼 - yǒu xīn yǎn - clever/sharp<

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 12.4K 78
Hello guys I am here again with anidita's new ff story . It's not a modern story . Anirudh Roy Chowdhury a gold medalist barrister who came back to...
191K 2.5K 62
Just like the last. Yet greater.
302K 10.5K 27
All of his life, Stiles has had this...ability. Every time he looked at someone, he could sense how powerful they were on a scale of one to ten. Most...
1M 20.8K 86
This is a collection of Levi x Reader one-shots from Attack on Titan. I do take requests so please read the first "information" partβ™₯️ DISCLAIMER: I...